Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks for the new Enviro 3, I hope and I am looking forward to love the new one as much as the older one ;-)
    I just bought Enviro 3, removed Enviro 2 from my current project and imported the new package.

Now I get some problems with one other asset "Game Options / settings"
    Game Options/Settings | GUI Tools | Unity Asset Store

What is the new Propertys that replaces: EnviroVolumeCloudsQuality?
    You can choose it in a public variable for quality configuration, it is later used like this (where cloudsLow is the EnviroVolumeCloudsQuality):

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.CloudSettings.cloudsQualitySettings.bottomCloudHeight = cloudsLow.qualitySettings.bottomCloudHeight;

I can tell you more in a conversion/chat if you like.

Next one the asset is using and also I am too:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance

and EnviroSky like here:

EnviroSky.instance.SetTime(2077, 1, 0, 0, 0);

Hope I can get it working then, thanks :)
    Have a nice sunday

2. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

PS I found it for the time and clouds:
    Enviro.EnviroManager.instance.Time.SetDateTime
    Enviro.EnviroVolumetricCloudsQuality

3. schildawg

schildawg

I just upgraded to 3.0 and I love how everything looks and the improvements to the editor! However, I'm experiencing a problem when I build and run my game outside of Unity. The volume clouds don't render and the edges of the sky have weird random reflections. Everything works perfectly fine within Unity. I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing in project settings, like setting a shader to always active? I know in the previous version you had to, but I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, for basic API you could have a look into the included docs in Enviro 3 folder,

For clouds bottom height:
    Enviro.EnviroManager.instance.VolumetricClouds.settingsLayer1.bottomCloudsHeight = 2000f;
    Enviro.EnviroManager.instance.VolumetricClouds.settingsLayer2.bottomCloudsHeight = 8000f;

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm what Unity version and renderpipeline do you use? Is this on PC or Mac? And can you please send me a screenshot of the artifacts you see in builds?

6. schildawg

schildawg

I'm on Windows 7 running Unity 2022.2 with built in. (Yeah, I know :D) I'll attach a screenshot in a few minutes. I already reverted back to earlier version. Shouldn't take long to redo :)

7. schildawg

schildawg

What I see in Unity:
    In Editor.png

8. schildawg

schildawg

What I see running build:
    Glitch2.png

9. pychnight

pychnight

few problems with unity 2021.3 with evo 3.01

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. EnviroExternalWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Enviro 3 - Sky and Weather/Scripts/Editor/Base/EnviroExternalWindow.cs:22)
    3. UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition) (at <5e26277f966d4f80afa5d51573eba699>:0)
    4. UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <5e26277f966d4f80afa5d51573eba699>:0)
    5. UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <5e26277f966d4f80afa5d51573eba699>:0)
    6. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    7. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    8. UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoIMGUIRepaint () (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    9. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand.ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams drawParams, System.Single pixelsPerPoint, System.Exception& immediateException) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    10. Rethrow as ImmediateModeException
    11. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain.Render () (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    12. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater.Update () (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    13. UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater.UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase phase) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    14. UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.UpdateForRepaint () (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    15. UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    16. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    17. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    18. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    19. UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <fbddd4b6a38a43f8acee7fd19fb6ee84>:0)
    20. UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <dd3e446df64a4cc4811a8f1adf352c16>:0)
    tried fresh install with this and results are the same.

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. Will be fixed in next update. For the moment please do not open the external enviro window (Windows -> Enviro -> Enviro Window) in non Enviro scenes. :D

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that issue should be fixed with next Enviro 3 update in the next days. Seems like Unity does not auto set the camera depth texture texel size in Unity 2022?! Not sure why or if this is a Unity bug? Sorry for the inconvenience!

12. schildawg

schildawg

Not an inconvenience at all. I'm on outdated computer with a beta version of Unity :D You rock!!

13. schildawg

schildawg

Is it possible to insert a mountains "skybox" between the player and the clouds to reduce drawing the mountains in the distance?

14. judah4

judah4

I like the changes for Enviro 3! I have a question and issue though.

Q: Is there an equivalent Server Headless Mode like in Enviro 2? Or is it expected to disable most of the modules for running time on a server?

Issue: The clouds seem to have a layering issue with Line Renderers. I will should be able to grab you a screenshot and material details soon.

15. imDanOush

imDanOush

Hello,

Would you please answer these 2 questions below @Vondox? (I'm talking about Enviro for Unity's Built-In Render Pipeline in this post)
    1. Does Enviro offer a 3D/Volumetric cloud [like the image below] so that I add it at a height of ~400 meters (Each Unity unit = 1 meter)

2. Does Enviro fully support Crest Ocean (Built-in Render Pipeline) including the atmosphere, the underwater lighting, and the fog effects?

Looking forward to your reply.
    - Dan.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes but you would need to modify the skybox shader (Easy modification). But this only will work well when not using dynamic time of day.

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, currently no headless server mode. But I will add this soon in one of the next updates. Would be great to get some more information about your other issue.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Dan, yeah you can render clouds at a height of 400 in front of your scene mountains. About crest: I have a guide to modify the crest shader to add Enviro fog and volumetrics effects to it. I actually haven't checked the underwater lighting yet.

19. imDanOush

imDanOush

Thank you for your reply but it brought me 2 questions:
    1. Does that mean that the player can go into the clouds - as if they are somehow in a volumetric fog?

2. And would you please confirm if the underwater lighting and its other effects would work with Enviro using the latest built-in render pipeline version of Crest? A screenshot or a video would indeed be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah camera can go into clouds. And here are some screenshots with cest. (I don't know all the crest features and not using it regulary, so it might can be configured better) :D

upload_2022-11-10_17-28-2.png

upload_2022-11-10_17-28-33.png

upload_2022-11-10_17-29-19.png

Attached Files:

imDanOush likes this.
  21. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Unity shadow settings. Use four cascades and do not use too large shadow distance.

23. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

Thanks for the reply.

I am using 4 shadow cascades and even if I turn the shadow distance down to 10 it still flickers. But lowering it helps a bit. Is this just a unity problem?

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will add a new setting in next update to update the directional light rotation in steps. So it won't rotate every frame. That will also help to render shadows a bit more stable.

LootlabGames likes this.
  25. knas01

knas01

Hi, I have some questions.

What's the difference between Enviro and Enviro 3? In the descriptions it look pretty similar.

Is there an online demo or something to test it out? The reason I ask is that other volumetric cloud systems I tried has the tendency to make the graphics card go to full load, making it hot and maxes the fans, even at very low settings. I have a RTX 2080 so it's by no means weak but at full load it sounds like an airport..

26. mchangxe

mchangxe

Hi, I've ran into a pretty big bug imo. I have multiple scenes using enviro 3 and therefore have created multiple enviro 3 configurations to use in each scene. I have found that in the weather section, When I change settings in a weather, say Rain, all rain settings in my other configurations change as well. Is this intended?

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, Enviro 3 was written from scratch with a new modular design philosophy. Its core features like sky / fog and volumetric clouds are a visual upgrade from Enviro 2 with pretty much same performance impact. In short: Its easier to use/customize and has better overall visuals.

About maxing out your GPU: Effects like volumetric clouds run heavy on GPU. Sounds like your project is GPU bound at the moment, meaning your GPU run at its limit whereas your CPU is idling. You could limit the framerate if you don't want to max out your GPU.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, this is actually intended. The weather types are scriptable objects my its own and saved separately (Check the Enviro 3 -> Profiles -> Weather Types folder). You could create copies of the weather types and assign those to your other configurations as a solution.

29. knas01

knas01

So you are saying that I won't get this problem with Enviro if I limit FPS? The reason I ask is that some assets that use volumetric effects and/or raymarching maxes the GPU while others don't, without me having to limit FPS. That's why I was curious if there was a demo there I could try different settings.

30. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, currently no demo available. I might will provide a demo download in future, when I find the time. :)

31. artsyguy209_unity

artsyguy209_unity

hello, how do i use shadows feature?

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you mean cloud shadows? You can enable those in your volumetric clouds module at the bottom.

33. rafaelmfernandez

rafaelmfernandez

Using this in my game, is there a way to slow down how fast the move around?

Edit: This is done by editing the clouds world scale

34. OffroadGamesStudio

OffroadGamesStudio

Hi, i am building game for mobile android/ios and i dont need VR in my game. When i removed VR Package from Unity Package Manager Built Packages. Got Error because enviro need VR. Which you added support for VR.
    Is there way i can remove features from Enviro like VR which i don't need.
    I recommend Enable/Disable VR Feature. same for other features.

35. hsklunity

hsklunity

hello is there a way to get the wind direction and a way to set the direction.

36. jRocket

jRocket

In Enviro 3, undo doesn't seem to work.

37. jRocket

jRocket

I noticed that my night scene looks different in brightness in play mode vs scene view. It's much darker in play mode. This only occurs if ambient mode is set to "Skybox".

38. jRocket

jRocket

Another bug- "Ambient Intensity Curve" does not work whenever it is set to "Trilight" or "Flat". Also, Ambient Intensity Modifier slider is always grayed out for me.

39. dwatt-hollowworldgames

dwatt-hollowworldgames

Does Enviro 3 support floating origin like Enviro 2 did?

40. Eloujah

Eloujah

Hello,

Enviro HDRP (Enviro 2.4.2, Unity 2021.3.4f, HDRP 12.1.7) is causing a lot of lags (98% in the profiler) when the scene does not have Enviro (main menu for instance). It calls FindObjetcOfType at each Update.
    If I remove all Enviro's CustomPostProcess in the HDRP Global Settings (each one of them is calling the FindObjectOfType method at each update), everything is alright. But I can't seem to find a solution to change the CustomPostProcessOrders at runtime to enable and disable these depending on the scene.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!

41. RendCycle

RendCycle

Any chance of making Enviro - Sky and Weather also available for Unreal Engine 5+?

42. unity_fMH_CbaL_tz4tA

unity_fMH_CbaL_tz4tA

should I delete default sky and fog and the sun in hd rp

43. unity_fMH_CbaL_tz4tA

unity_fMH_CbaL_tz4tA

how do I active volumetric light I put a point light with the scrip but nothing happens , no sun rays

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  44. unity_fMH_CbaL_tz4tA

unity_fMH_CbaL_tz4tA

I have a new problem with kws water system , the module for probes make the underwater image flicker also the clouds how can this be fix

45. MOLB

MOLB

A quick question. Can I import Enviro 3 and keep Enviro 2 in the project, or do I have to delete Enviro 2 first?

46. afavar

afavar

Hey, @Vondox. I have just started messing around with the version 3. It seems a lot simpler to tweak with the settings. Everything is modular which makes it easy to control. I wanted to ask if there is way to adjust the fog start/end distance. Volumetrics is working but the fog starts a bit far from the camera and I can't see the beautiful god rays. Or I am doing sth wrong.

47. SawyerK

SawyerK

Hi!
    A dumb question but, what number should I give "Light Intensity Transition Speed" to make it update slower? It's a range between 0.01 to 10.
    Thank you in advance!

48. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi Hendrik

upload_2023-1-20_19-58-48.png

I set the active weather wind to max values for Main and Turbulence, but still the clouds move too slow and animate too slow, I can barely see it... Any chance to get much more animations and movement into my clouds?

Using Unity 2022.2.2 and Enviro 3 not HDRP. Thanks and have a nice weekend!

49. Aoedipus

Aoedipus

Hi all, I just installed Unity 2022.2.2f1 as it has features I need for a webGL project. It was a relatively smooth install, but my (old now) version of Enviro (2.3.1) is causing the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. You can only call cameraColorTarget inside the scope of a ScriptableRenderPass. Otherwise the pipeline camera target texture might have not been created or might have already been disposed.
    It stems from a few of the classes, but the only ones I'm really using is the "EnviroLiteFogLWRP.cs" and BlitMaterialFeature.cs". There's also a bunch of deprecation warnings (such as this):

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\URP Support\Scripts\EnviroBlitPass.cs(91,17): warning CS0618: 'ScriptableRenderPass.Blit(CommandBuffer, RenderTargetIdentifier, RenderTargetIdentifier, Material, int)' is obsolete: 'Use RTHandles for source and destination'
    But those aren't show-stoppers like cameraColorTarget.

Has anyone else run across this or know if there's a workaround? Would an upgrade to a newer Eviro version fix it?

Thanks so much...

Capture.PNG

50. jrod_00

jrod_00

Hi! Our company recently purchased your Enviro 3 Sky and Weather asset. We are using Unity version 2021.3.13f1 with the HDRP. Also, we are using Invector's Third Person Shooter Controller version 2.6.2c. We set up the Enviro 3 prefab according to the documentation and the HDRP demo scene looks fantastic and plays perfectly with the time simulation. (Thank you very much for your hard work developing this day/night system!)

After we set up the Enviro 3 prefab in our game scene, at runtime the main camera is flickering between dark and light seemingly randomly and hypnotically as our character walks around. It seems like either something with the main camera renderer is updating too slowly or interacting with the main camera.

The main camera for Invector is parented to the vThirdPersonCamera gameobject. At runtime, the vThirdPersonCamera gameobject is given a rigidbody component. The Enviro 3 prefab also has a box collider trigger and a rigidbody component and it's position is placed where the main camera (and hence where the vThirdPersonCamera gameobject's position is). I wonder if the rigidbodies are interacting with each other and this is causing the main camera to flicker.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions about this and thank you again for the excellent asset and your time.