Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Pixygon

Pixygon

I have an issue where the main sunlight-component gets disabled whenever the weather changes, or a lightningstrike is spawned! This happens when using single and dual light in the EnviroManager, but it only turns of the main sunlight, never the secondary light.
    Im using URP 12.1.7, Unity 2021.3.7f1 and Gaia Pro

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, with dual light setup Enviro will use three directional lights. One for the sun, one for moon and one for lightning effects. Please check your Enviro Sky Instance -> Components section if all lights are assigned in the correct fields. Only the lightning light will be deactivated most of the time and only activates for short moments for lightning strikes.

3. alf6012

alf6012

We just upgraded our Enviro Sky to 2.4.0. Everytime I re-open the Unity project, I have to re-activate URP on my asset, and sometimes after completing a build. Is this expected behaviour?

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, no that is not how it should be. The "Activate URP Support" button just adds the "ENVIRO_LWRP" scripting define. It could be some other script that access the Unity "Scripting Define Symbols" list and overwrites those.

Maybe check your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols list and try to add "ENVIRO_LWRP" by hand. Also try to add some other random word just to test if it get removed too.

alf6012 likes this.
  5. ilender

ilender

Hello, I updated the enviro package to version 2.4.2 in my game.
    Now, when I make a build for Xbox console, I get some errors:

Shader error in 'Enviro/Standard/SkyboxSimple': reference to 'i' is ambiguous at 327(19) (on gamecore_scarlett)

Compiling Vertex program with ENVIRO_AURORA
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS Disabled keywords: SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

6. alf6012

alf6012

Thank you for the insight. This tip helped me track down the culprit that was changing our project settings.

7. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Hello there, I would like to have fog always present at certain distance... but looks like it ignore the setting
    Any advice?
    upload_2022-8-24_15-42-0.png

But if I disable the fog from the Enviro Feature it works as it should
    upload_2022-8-24_15-49-0.png

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you tried tweaking the start distance setting? Also check your weather presets "Fog Density" settings.
    Do you have any other asset/script that may changes the Unity fog settings?

9. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Ok,. solved!
    The problem was about EXP density in the Clear Sky settings, thanks! ;)

Attached Files:

Vondox likes this.
  10. afavar

afavar

Hello, first of all I would like to say this is an amazing asset! I am using the built in RP and I love the volumetric fog feature.

I would like to get your opinion on something as I am struggling to find a solution. I am using Crest Ocean and MapMagic 2 to create a terrain. The lightning works really well with both packages but I am having a problem with the fog effect. After certain distance, trees does not have the fog effect and the ocean does not show the fog at all.

upload_2022-8-28_19-28-57.png

The trees are using the shader that is included in the mapmagic 2 asset. (attached) Crest Ocean is from the github repo.

UPDATE: I was able to solve the fog on ocean thanks to the guide I have found on this thread. (CrestOceanGuide.pdf)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Vondox and dsilverthorn like this.
  11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for my late reply. :/

Please try to add this replacement shader to your project.

Attached Files:

12. vinnygombici

vinnygombici

upload_2022-9-21_13-21-46.png upload_2022-9-21_13-21-29.png

Hello, we've just updated to the lastest version in hope that would be fix, but if you change the shadow cascade from 4 to 2, the volumetric light appears in front of some objects where it should not. Using Unity 2021.3.8f1 and the lastest enviro. Can you reproduce that? Thanks !

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry currently only supports four cascades mode. :/ I will have a look into it for future update.

14. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hello
    I always had this doubt.
    When "calc season" is true i don't can'tt change the season (always is winter)
    There is possible to use "calc season" and start in spring?

Thanks

Claudio

Attached Files:

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Claudio, sure when you activate "Calc Season" it will choose the season based on the date and the season setup in your Enviro profile. So changing the days will change the season.

claudius_I likes this.
  16. claudius_I

claudius_I

I Remember this five year ago haha.

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah sorry. :D Enviro 3 will have weather prediction for its zones.

claudius_I likes this.
  18. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi!

I want to have a visible lightshaft for my player's spotlight , can I do this with the Volume Light script from Enviro?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend :)

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah you can do that for the built-in renderpipeline. Just add the Envriro Volumetric Light component to your spotlight.

20. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Sounds great! I don not see it, this is a child of my player, any suggestion how to make it visible?

upload_2022-10-2_16-34-49.png

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to increase the "scattering coef" and "anistropy" settings. Also make sure that volumetric lighting is activated in your Enviro Sky feature controls.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  22. appsforceltd

appsforceltd

After playing with all the settings of Enviro, I've got a Scene to how I like it - I am not sure why but when I am in game mode, it seems to look completely different. Even things like brightness of a point light, is brighter than in scene view. The settings stay the same & go back to normal when exit game view. Any ideas what I could try or why that may be? Thanks.

EDIT: never-mind, have no idea what happened it just fixed itself

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Vondox likes this.
  23. yonson_chappers

yonson_chappers

Hi, could I get some help with why fog isn't working with Enviro? I'm using unity 2020.3, HDRP, and no matter what I try fog just doesn't come on (I can get the unity HDRP working just not the enviro one).

Its really frustrating as everything else is working fine, I've set my ocean to 50m above sea levels, played around with every control going but always a blank. Can anyone help? Thank you

upload_2022-10-7_10-26-16.png

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, post processing fog like the "Enviro Ground Fog" typically not working with transparent queue shaders like most water/ocean shaders. The fog support needs to be added to those shaders. I would encourage using the HDRP Fog which is integrated with Enviro. Do you see any issue with that option?

25. gblekk

gblekk

Is there a way to change what time EnviroSystem calls OnDayActions? Right now it seems to be happening around 5am it would be better for us to have this at 8:30am. If there isn't I can go about programming this a different way, it would just be nice to have it happen in the same place.

26. eleon-games

eleon-games

is it possible to set a custom sun position, when not simulated? Or is the movement fixed to the location offsets? I want the sun to match the camerashot of my scene. Cant get it to match with Utc Offset sliders. Either the sun is to high or not in the camera view like i want it.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the OnDay and OnNight event will be triggered based on the sun location and your "DayNightSwitch" setting in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Time and Location Controls. So it is not based to the time of day.

If you want to trigger something at exact 8:30 its better to program that based on time of day. :)

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sun and moon position is calculated based on date/time and location. Enviro 3 will offer free movement when Time module is deactivated, bur for Enviro 2 its only possible with some code modifications.

However you also can rotate the whole Enviro Sky Object y- axes to match with your scene. That might be a solution for your issue. :)

29. eleon-games

eleon-games

Thank you, this works.
    Can i change the Enviro profile with script in runtime like the weather presets? Could not find the code snippet in the documentation.

30. appsforceltd

appsforceltd

Yes - I tried using HDRP fog, and it worked thank you.

Vondox likes this.
  31. newlife

newlife

Hello, which are the differences between standard and lite version?
    Also, does Enviro supports rain surface splashes?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the lite version is missing some of the more advanced features like volumetric clouds, aurora borealis and some more. In general the lite version is more suitable for lower end target hardware like mobiles.

Rain splashes are "supported" in both version and are realized through the particle systems. So this actually is a Unity feature.

33. newlife

newlife

so clouds are flat in the lite version? Is there any demo available?

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah lite version has flat 2D clouds. Sorry, no demo at the moment. :/

35. newlife

newlife

I'm targeting mobile so I'm mainly interested in the lite version.
    Can you please make a full list if the missing features?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the lite version does not has: volumetric clouds, volumetric lighting, aurora borealis effect, distance blur effect, additional satellites feature and uses a simplier skybox shader.

37. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

does not seem to be a problem but I just saw in my Player.log when testing my build:

Shader 'Enviro/Clouds Particles Advanced': fallback shader 'Legacy Shader/Particles/Alpha Blended' not found

Unity 2022.1.20, Standard PC Build with standard GFX (no HDRP or custom render pipeline)

Everything seems to work fine. Just as an info.

Habe a nice weekend :)

Vondox likes this.
  38. Vondox

Vondox

Happy to announce that Enviro 3 is released!

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/enviro-3-sky-and-weather-236601

Screenshot_7.png

Every Enviro user can upgrade their Enviro 2 version for an 20$ upgrade fee. This actually is the first time after ~7 years of Enviro that I ask users for an upgrade cost. I hope you all understand how much work gone into Enviro 3.

However I will keep Enviro 2 online for some time and release updates to keep it working with Unity changes. Same goes for support as I understand that it's not a trivial task to change systems in long term projects or already released projects.

About Enviro 3: This is just the beginning! I already have a list for updates with new features and improvements I plan to release in future. I am happy to hear your feedback and feature request and will give my best to implement those that are highly demanded.

mwituni, elpimbo, judah4 and 2 others like this.
  39. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Nice!
    What are new or improved features compared to Enviro 2?
    Can it be easily updated in a project that contains Enviro 2?

Thanks!

40. gtox

gtox

Thanks for the update, I was not expecting it! I've been trying to integrate it into a scene that had Enviro 2 in it, and it's gone a lot smoother than I expected (Enviro 3 seems much more streamlined and easier to use). I've encountered 1 issue so far, and I'm clueless as to how to fix it. In game mode, I'm getting an error - "Missing profiler.EndSample(BeginSample and EndSample count must match):Enviro Volumetrics Rendering."
    I'm using Unity 2021.1.15f1 URP

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, Enviro 3 was written from scratch with a new design philosophy and core features like sky, volumetric clouds and fog for example are a big upgrade compared to Enviro 2.

Unfortunately this makes it not an "easy" update from previous version. You would need to re-create your setup with Enviro 3.

There are some features that Enviro 2 has that are currently missing in Enviro 3.
    * Additional satellites
    * Wind Zone control
    * Some other small settings or options.

Those features will be added in next updates.

Effect wise Enviro 3 does not include the distance blur and old lightshafts effect (Enviro 3 support directional volumetric lighting in URP too now).

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. Can you please try with update 3.0.1?

43. gtox

gtox

3.01 works, thank you.

Vondox likes this.
  44. mchangxe

mchangxe

3.01 works great! Thanks, one question tho, my rain particle system is too small to show up in game view. I tried to change the size of the particles from Effects > Rain, but it breaks the scenes and reverts back to default sizes of min 0.0001 max 0.001. Any ideas?

45. mchangxe

mchangxe

Ive ran into a weird problem... When I run my scene in play mode a few times, without changing anything in the inspector, lighting in my scene changes. The whole scene becomes darker like this:
    upload_2022-10-27_20-52-52.png
    while initially, the scene is like this:
    upload_2022-10-27_20-53-18.png
    It seems like sth wrong with the fog, as it does not get rendered sometimes...

The issue happens (scene becomes darker) after I exit play mode and get the following error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Enviro.EnviroVolumetricFogLight.RemoveFromLightManager () (at Assets/Enviro 3 - Sky and Weather/Scripts/Runtime/Modules/Fog/EnviroVolumetricFogLight.cs:62)
    3. Enviro.EnviroVolumetricFogLight.OnDisable () (at Assets/Enviro 3 - Sky and Weather/Scripts/Runtime/Modules/Fog/EnviroVolumetricFogLight.cs:50)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! There will be a possible fix for your error in 3.0.2 update. However I don't think that this is also causing the issue you are seeing. That looks like some problem with the reflections maybe? What render pipeline do you use?

47. mchangxe

mchangxe

im in hdrp, if you want, i can send you the project file for you to have a look?

48. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, okay please send it to me in private chat here. I will have a look into it later. :)

49. Stockport

Stockport

Hi, I'm new to Enviro 3 and am having problems trying to get the clouds to move. When I first loaded the Cloudy 1 and Cloudy 2 options the clouds moved across the sky but after adjusting Wind Intensity and Direction no amount of tweaking will get them to move again. I'm obviously missing something here?

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry wind movement of clouds is currently deactivated, but will be added back in an update in the next days which includes new features to control wind based settings.