Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Crowsinger

Crowsinger

Hello. I can't seem to get this working. Here are the steps I took:

1. New project in Unity editor 2021.3.2f1 with URP
    2. Followed the setup steps in the Documentation, including URP support
    3. I hit play with the weather set to light snow. It looked good.
    4. I installed Gaia and created a terrain, then created a runtime.
    5. I hit play, and I can't see anything Enviro at all. No snow or clouds.
    Have I missed something? Is something in Gaia interfering? I have Skies set to none in the runtime. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

2. melonhead

melonhead

purchased enviro, only checked the demo scenes at moment but is there a way to turn off the rotating night sky and just have stars?

there is also a missing script from the main camera yellow warnings?

unity 2019.4.38f

3. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

Hello Vondox, I have one more question for you, and maybe a suggestion:

The fog image effect blends with the image additively (can only make image brighter than it was, mixing the color tint into it) Is there a simple way to change it so it could also darken the scene (resulting in the fog color completely covering the scene, where the fog alpha is 1)?

Edit: Ok, it was a dumb question. I got confused by sun scattering in the fog. It would be better if it was possible to influence it by weather conditions, it seems to be changable only in the EnviroProfile for all weather conditions at once.

But I can live with that.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  4. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

On the EnviroSky gameobject in the Time and Location Controls inspector, set the Progress Time to None. I think that'll do the job.

Vondox likes this.
  5. dharms084

dharms084

Does Enviro have audio or will the audio need supplied?

6. rkstormer

rkstormer

Does Enviro support multiple cameras? For example multiple cameras at the same position but rotated in different directions. Currently using Unit 2021 URP.

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for my late reply. Do you still need help with that issue?

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, Enviro includes some basic audio for day/night and weather sounds.

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah you can do that. You just need to assign your additional cameras in Enviro Sky Instance -> Player and Camera Setup -> Additional Cameras list and make sure that all using the Enviro URP Renderer.

10. rkstormer

rkstormer

Awesome! Thank you for the timely reply!

11. virtualdruid70

virtualdruid70

Can I have separate "ambient light (ambient probe in HDRP)" and "sky background"
    (draw a arbitrary sky background on camera that does not affect scene lighting setup)
    in HDRP when using Enviro?

I find it quite tricky to do that in HDRP so I'm interested at this project

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, Enviro creates a volume with its own skybox and controls the sky, hdrp fog and lighting. Enviro includes a gradient to tweak the ambient lighting that is based on Enviro skybox. So you have a little bit more control.

13. virtualdruid70

virtualdruid70

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Does that means Ambient still depends on Skybox(sky background) so changing Skybox always affects Ambient?

I also found that Cloud Layer could change Ambient lighting in vanilla HDRP, is this also the case in Enviro?

In general, I would like to customize both Skybox & lighting independently.

14. TheWarper

TheWarper

Hey, is it possible to build on Mac or am I tripping out here? It builds okay with this warning message

Shader warning in 'Enviro/Standard/RaymarchClouds': gradient instruction used in a loop with varying iteration; partial derivatives may have undefined value at Standard/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroVolumeCloudsCore.cginc(291) (on metal)

Compiling Fragment program with ENVIRO_CURLNOISE ENVIRO_HALTONOFFSET
    Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
    Disabled keywords: ENVIROURP ENVIRO_DEPTHBLENDING SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING

but when I go to run it just goes to white and crashes my whole computer. Anyhow, if not that's cool, but if I'm missing something minor then I'd love to know :)

Anyhow, great asset I love your work

Editor version 2020.3.33f1
    Mac OS Monterey v12.4

15. Ugindie

Ugindie

As soon as I add the URP renderer, I get this message in the console multiple times:
    You can only call cameraColorTarget inside the scope of a ScriptableRenderPass. Otherwise the pipeline camera target texture might have not been created or might have already been disposed.

How do I resolve this? I'm also working with VR, Unity 2022.1.0f1

16. Crowsinger

Crowsinger

Sorry for the late reply myself, but life has been a bit crazy.

I've stopped using Gaia altogether and switched to MapMagic2, and Enviro works great. Thanks!

17. pfdaniel

pfdaniel

Thanks for the great asset - we're currently using it URP and it looks stunning. I saw that it does not currently support volumetric lighting for URP - any plans to add that in the near future?

18. legio244

legio244

19. N3V_Games

N3V_Games

I'm using HDRP and have CREST Ocean installed. Trying to figure out why at nighttime Enviro causes my water to turn brighter than bright. Any idea what might be going on here?

Attached Files:

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for my later reply. What Enviro version do you use? Does it work correctly in editor? If yes, you might want to test in a newer Unity version or contact me on my discord channel so we can have a detailed look into it.

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, next update will include support for URP 13 which had some breaking changes. I will send you a package with the changes in private message.

22. Vondox

Vondox

23. legio244

legio244

Unity 2020.3.22f1
    URP 10.7.0
    Enviro 2.4.1

24. biscuitvanille

biscuitvanille

Hello, I would like to use this assets with real data weather. Like for example I would have an api sending me data with timecode wind strength speed ect.. and the cloud would change their movement. So I want know would it be possible to integrate this in your current system with a bit of scripting or is it only a graphics system that we can't really interact with ?
    Thanks for in advance for your time.

25. Patrick_Tung

Patrick_Tung

Hello, is there any method for not allowing the snow or rain pass through gameobject?

In your sample scene, the snow particles and rain particles pass through the house and I can still see snow and rain dropping even I am inside the house.

Thank you.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes you could do that with Enviro and a bit of coding all those variables can be changed in runtime.

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you would need to add some static colliders on your roofes and sue the unity particle effect collision system.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PartSysCollisionModule.html

You can find the Enviro weather particle effects in Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Prefabs -> Partile Effects folder.

28. Serreas

Serreas

Hi,

I have an HDRP project that I want to add envrio to but I can't seem to get volume clouds to show up no matter what I do. Are there any settings I need to change within unity to get it to work? Thanks.

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you followed the included docs "HDRP Support" section already?

30. Serreas

Serreas

I have but some of the settings menus look completely different than what's shown in the documentation as I'm using HDRP 13.1. Is it envrio compatible with hdrp 13.1?

Edit: I have figured out what I was missing I forgot to set the custome post process orders shown the hdrp documentation

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
    Vondox likes this.
  31. MOLB

MOLB

I'm using the latest version of Envire, together with Unity 2021.4.6f1 with the built-in render pipeline. When I build for Mac using Mono, the distance fog does not work, and sometimes the sky looks a bit off in terms of lighting. This does however not happen when I build using IL2CPP.

Can I do something myself to resolve this, and if not how can I help to solve it? Right now I'm only building with IL2CPP for this reason, but I'd prefere to have both options available as with Mono takes less time to build.

Thank you for your time.

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you see any errors in your builds player logs? Can you please send me some screenshot with the sky issue?

33. MOLB

MOLB

Alright, I've gone through the logs and I can't find anything related to Enviro that differs between the Mono and IL2CPP version in the build logs. I also checked the player logs and there are no errors there either. There are no warnings either or other messages, except for some unrelated features that I am not using.

Here is an example picture of a scene with distance, height, and sky fog. However, on Mono only the height fog is working, while the distance and sky fog doesn't do anything. These two are built on the same system with exactly the same settings except that one is built with Mono and the other with IL2CPP, and I run them on the same system as well.

This issue is only present on macOS, on Windows the Mono version looks the same as the IL2CPP version.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm that's bad that we don't get any info what might be the issue. Maybe it's even some Unity bug?! You could try using latest 2022 version and test if it is the same.

Maybe also join our discord channel (Link in asset store description) so we can have a private chat.

35. Arcane_Entity

Arcane_Entity

Hey, so recently I have been playing around with HDRP, For some reason, I do not see a way to enable Volumetric Lighting in my Feature Control Panel.

Feature Control.PNG

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I did not port over the Enviro volumetric lighting solution as HDRP has it's own and Enviro will control that one.
    Check your weather presets -> volume lighting intensity. You also can check the Enviro Sky and Fog volume -> Fog module and your HDRP settings itself for volumetric lighting.

37. vinnygombici

vinnygombici

Hello, since our update, Enviro's volumetric light seems to pass through mountains in our game. Any suggestion on how we can solve this? (it did not do that in previous version).

upload_2022-7-22_16-22-7.png

Attached Files:

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, very strange. :/ What Enviro version do you used before? Do you use four cascades for your Unity shadows? Can you please send me your Enviro profile.

39. MOLB

MOLB

I've now tested on several Unity versions, from 2019 to 2022, and it's the same issue with the distance fog disappearing in the Mono version. As with Unity 2021, there are no errors or warnings in the build log nor in the player log when running the game.

The fog works in the editor, and the editor is running Mono as its back-end regardless of whether IL2CPP is enabled or not, so I'm not quite sure what to make out of this.

40. vinnygombici

vinnygombici

Hello again, thanks for the answer. Actually, if we just open your demo scene (unity 2021.3.6f1 - profile version 2.4.1 - sample_buildin_standard . We see that.

upload_2022-7-25_8-48-28.png

41. vinnygombici

vinnygombici

You can see it if you reduce the shadow distance : the volume light will start to go through the mountain.
    upload_2022-7-25_9-45-2.png

42. vinnygombici

vinnygombici

Me again, soooooo... in 2019, there was no difference between close fit and stable fit, and everything worked fine (with enviro 2.2) with 2 shadow cascades; in 2021, with enviro 2.4.1, the number of cascades, the shadow distance and the close/fit stable fit setting changes how the volumetric lights are displayed (over the mountain or not). Hope it helps. By the way, amazing product! We really pushed the enveloppe and all your features in our project, you'll see;-) Wereally love it!!!

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you tested with your project and scene? Maybe you also can quickly test in a fresh project with only Enviro -> sample scene?

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I will have a detailed look into it!

45. vinnygombici

vinnygombici

Hello again, another quick question. Actually, 2 questions. First, I've made 4 builds, 2 with unity 2019 and enviro 2.2 (with and without most features of Enviro (volumetric light, volume clouds, etc...), and 2 with unity 2021 and enviro 2.4.1 (with and without most features of Enviro (volumetric light, volume clouds, etc...).

In 2019, with enviro, the game ran at around 60 FPS; and without enviro around 85 fps. Which is a gain of 25 fps.
    In 2021, with enviro, the game ran at around 44 FPS, and without enviro around 78 fps. Which is a gain of 34 fps.

First question, we were wondering if you saw any performance drop in unity 2021 compared to older version of unity?

Second question : when I'm in the editor in 2019 with Enviro, I run at :

When I'm in the editor in 2021, I run at 44 fps (the exact same fps as in the build); in 2019, in the editor, I run at 54 FPS.
    So we used to gain performances when running the game in a build in 2019 (54 fps in editor in 2019 VS 60 fps in a build made with 2019), but now, in 2021, the performances are the same in the build as in the editor with enviro on (44 fps in both cases).

So we were wondering if there was any option in the project settings, or quality setting, that are in 2021 that could explain why enviro takes up so much now .

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you checked the clouds quality settings to be the same in every value in Enviro 2.2 and Enviro 2.4.1? In general there where quite some changes and improvements in those versions that might have a little more performance hit.
    Also make sure your Unity quality setings texture res is the same for all your tests (Most likely you checked that already)

But I will have a look into it when I find the time.

47. wilgieseler

wilgieseler

I'm seeing issues where volumetric clouds are the wrong size when using dynamic resolution. Is that a bug?

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what renderpipeline do you use?

49. wilgieseler

wilgieseler

This is in HDRP.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please start a private conversation. I may can send you an hotfix for that issue.