Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I was able to reproduce that issue and will work on a fix. Should be released it to asset store in the next days. Sorry for the inconvinience!

2. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Does it support URP in VR?

3. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, it does. :)

Stranger-Games likes this.
  4. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I allow the player to switch between a Enviro Standard or Lite on my game's quality settings, and it all works fine except for weather zone.

EnviroSky.instance.Weather.WeatherPrefabs is empty (count=0) despite the Weather Zone being correctly linked (I created one default weather zone for both enviro standard and lite). On Editor I can change weather and it works, the select box shows all the weathers listed. Still, instance does not seem to get the correct list of prefabs. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you may want to wait a frame after start for the list to be populated. Also use EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Weather instead so your code also works with Enviro Lite. Just guessing here. :D

6. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I have tried that. Now as I start the game, either Enviro works fine. Still after I change (in runtime) the Enviro from Standard to Lite or from Lite to Standard, no matter what, EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Weather.WeatherPrefabs has a count of zero (I keep retrying every second).

It is very strange because I even tried calling EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SetCurrentActiveZone(zone); it works, zone is changed but for some reason weatherprefabs are not refreshed/loaded...

EDIT: maybe I am forgetting some step when switching from one version to the other. I do:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.DeactivateHDInstance();
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLWInstance();

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  7. Vondox

Vondox

Ah okay I think I see. Currently it only creates the list for the instance that was active at the start. Please try to set the "init" bool of zone to "false" when you switch. You also do not need to manual deactivate the instance so calling
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLWInstance(); alone would be enough as the code will detect the hd instance and deactivate it.

So maybe try something like this:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLWInstance();
    myZoneReference.init = false;

8. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

That worked, thanks!

Vondox likes this.
  9. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

How to setup baking settings with enviro night scene.
    Baking doesn't seem to add any lighting to exteriors that are not facing the moon light directly.
    I noticed enviro didn't add the sun source automatically so I did it myself.
    However, I can't adjust the intensity multiplier for the environment lighting. I am sure it's a setting in the enviro settings, but can you help me find it?
    Also is the Cubemap in the environment reflections the correct one?
    upload_2022-4-2_18-37-33.png

10. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Also is there a way to make the cloud block some light if they are over the moon or sun?
    Will the clouds chosen affect light baking process?

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can set the "Environment Lighting Intensity" in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting -> Ambient Intensity curve.

About reflections and the cubemap:
    You may want to deactivate the Enviro Global Reflection Probe in your Enviro Sky Instance and add your own reflection probes into your the scene when using static baked gi.

(You can add the Enviro Reflection Probe component on these and enable "Standalone" and "Custom Rendering" in these to include volumetric clouds in your probes)

No sorry at the moment not. If you use "Custom Rendering" option in your reflection probes those will include volumetric clouds and have an influence in lighting.

12. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

Thank you. I would suggest to ideally have an option where clouds are not included in baking, but dynamically included in reflections and obscuring moon/sun light.
    An option for static clouds would also be beneficial for those who would want a static cloud.

13. acmsong

acmsong

Can multiple suns be displayed in one sky?

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry that is not possible. :/

15. acmsong

acmsong

OK,that's fine, I used asset this morning,very good asset.
    I want to hide your sun and show my own suns. So I need to make your sun smaller, preferably invisible. The light is still the default light in the asset. Can I set it like this?

16. Vondox

Vondox

You can set the Sundisk intensity to "0" and maybe tweak the "G" setting a little bit in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky section.

17. JGameMaker92

JGameMaker92

I'm getting this error when I load Enviro into my project and try to start one of the sample scenes. I'm not sure what to do with it. Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 2.48.30 PM.png

18. acmsong

acmsong

Thank you. It works perfectly.

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please have a look into your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols list for your current build target (iOS) (There are small buttons to change the settings for your target platforms in Project Settings -> Player menu)

Please add ENVIRO_LW and ENVIRO_LWRP in those if missing.

JGameMaker92 likes this.
  20. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I am trying to use Bird Flock Bundle from Unluck Software. Sadly the birds can't be seen against the sky, I suspect the sky is being rendered after the birds. Is there a way to prevent this?

21. whoamiimaohw

whoamiimaohw

Hi, I am try to use Lux URP Essentials Water shader, But Enviro only support built-in Lux, how can i use the fog in this URP shader? Or where I can find the shader document?

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you either need to change the queue or shader on your birds.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I have no guide for that water shader yet, also never used it. Do you know if it is using Unity shadergraphs?

24. whoamiimaohw

whoamiimaohw

No, the water shader is not shader graph. The shader is calculate a fogFactor and combine to color at the end of shader, is different from built-in lux water.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Please feel free to contact me in private chat if you need help to add the Enviro fog function. :)

26. StellarVeil

StellarVeil

Hi I love Enviro, I noticed the moon is brighter when it's near the horizon is it possible to have it remain as bright for the rest of the night and how?

Edit: I found it ! the cause was Cirrus clouds alpha in the weather preset > Clouds configs !
    Thank you for pointing me towards the right track :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
  27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, strange. Can you please send me your Enviro profile and weather preset you use here in private msg?

28. AlessandroCampi

AlessandroCampi

Hi, is there an option to edit the Y coordinate of the clouds? I'd like to make an environment above the clouds, but I'd have to move everything up, so is there a way to move all the clouds down?

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can set the start and end height of volumetric clouds in your volume clouds qualities. (Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category -> "Edit current quality preset" button). You need to enable the depth blending and bilateral upsample option in clouds section aswell to blend clouds with your scene.

30. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I can't find the setting to disable clouds shadows, where is it?

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds -> Cloud Shadow Intensity. (Set it to zero)

32. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

Hi, could you please explain how to change the ambient light intensity? I can't seem to find it or get it to work, is it controllable from weather preset? Maybe i missed some checker box that disables overrides? But I think I checked everything (didn't read the code completely yet). I couldn't even make it change in profile settings, but when I change the time of the day, it obviously changes... Is it because I have no time simulation used? (I'm using it for a VR project, so I cut everything down to minimum to save performance).

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category. In Built-in RP and URP you can change the ambient intensity curve and/or change the ambient mode here.

For HDRP: You can set a color modification in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category and/or add a indirect light controller to one of your volumes and tweak the intensity.

34. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

We use built-in RP Unity 2019.4.37 LTS, and enviro lite. I thought that intensity of 1 is maximum, but I see now it's HDR intensity, so that part is ok then. But there is still some problem with it, even if I set mode to trilight, the color shown in lighting settings seems to be different from any color defined in the enviro sky instance, and is the same in all directions of ambient light

Enviro:
    upload_2022-4-29_17-55-16.png

Lighting settings:
    upload_2022-4-29_17-54-58.png

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, very strange. Do you have set the ambient mode in your Enviro Sky instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting section or in profile directly? With second option your also need to load in those profile data in your Enviro Sky instance.

Otherwise please test in an empty scene with only Enviro. Maybe some other script also sets the ambient trilight colors in your scene? upload_2022-4-30_10-25-42.png

36. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

Yes, it's set on the instance directly, and behaves like this even in the empty scene. The color is derived from the settings somehow, because it changes during the day, when I shift the UTC offset.

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, please check your weather preset "Weather Light Mod" gradient and set it to have alpha at "0" for all keys. This and Enviro interior zones modifications will influence the colors set in Unity.

38. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

I see... Yes, if I have it set to zero, it has different colors for all of the ambient light directions, but still it's different colors than chosen in the profile.

Sky color in the profile settings for example:
    upload_2022-5-2_18-44-40.png

And the sky color in lighting settings:
    upload_2022-5-2_18-45-21.png

But I guess I can live with that :) Is it seasons, or some other values influencing the settings?

We don't use any of the time dependent simulation to save performance, so all of our scenes have manually tweaked lighting. I'm just trying to get complete control over it. The main reason we are using enviro is the fog - it's one of the few solutions for fog rendering on asset store, that works reasonably fast in the built-in render pipeline, single pass stereo rendering for VR(we can modify shaders, but don't have abilities to write our own on this level of complexity). But when there are other features that we could use in the Enviro, we decided to incorporate it a bit more than just for fog.

39. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Hello Vondox! I am having an issue with a scene I have ben working on for awhile now and now my cameras only show all black on screen. All characters show perfectly fine in the scene view except for the camera preview. It shows all black along with the game view. It was working at first, and now I dont know what is going on. I've been troubleshooting this for the past couple days to no avail. I am using Unity 2021.3.0f and Enviro Lite - Sky and Weather version 2.4.1. Also, if I start a brand new scene, the cameras all render fine. But something is going on with my main scene, I even made a backup for my main scene prior to making edits, but the problem i mentioned above is occurring with the saved backup scene as well. In addition, when I remove all Enviro game objects, all of my in scene objects turn completely black. However, when adding enviro lite back into the scene, all characters show correctly except for the camera preview and game view. Please tell me how can I fix this?

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay. Please check the EnviroCore.cs -> UpdateAmbientLight() function and comment/uncomment the intensity line in top of the function. It actually should use the simple intensity calculations and not the one for dual directional lights. I also will fix that for 2.4.2 update.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    OneOfMany likes this.
  41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you see any errors in your console?

42. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Yes, I seem to be getting a bunch of these: "
    Enviro Lite URP Renderer is missing RendererFeatures
    This could be due to missing scripts or compile error.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    "

43. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

I've since removed the asset and added it back to my projectr, but the same issues occur without anything being logged in the console. And my previous description apparently was wrong, as this is also happening in brand new scenes.

44. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

I figured it out. somewhere along the line I must have enabled the enviro features on the URP forward renderer. Because as a test I disabled those features and the asset started working again. I was under the impression that those were needed for it to work. Thanks for your help! All is good!

Vondox likes this.
  45. ronJohnJr

ronJohnJr

Hi, my weather effects are invisible in HDRP. I can see rain and lightening outlined in my scene view, but in game view they do not show up.

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what shader does the enviro rain material use, do you use TAA in your camera settings?

The particle effect prefabs are located in Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Prefabs -> Particle Effects folder.

For example check the Medium Rain HQ prefab. You can change the shader att he bottom and/or change the scale in the "Renderer" module -> Min/Max Particle Scale.

47. bobbyrocks

bobbyrocks

Snow particles and Rain particles keep coming in house. I put a collider on my houses and go into the rain and snow and go to collisions and make sure the layer is the same as my houses but they still keep coming in.. any way i should fix this? is there a setting i should be using? i mean outside of just turning the effectg off.. or just uninstalling the package completely out of my project and call it a waste of money...

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check following points:

- Your collider should be set as static.

- There is a maximum colliders setting in the particle effect collision modules. If you for example use "Default" layer for your colliders you might exceed that number and random colliders will be ingnored. Best to use special layers for those and set it in your collider and your particle effect collision settings.

- You could try to increase the collision quality and tweak the voxel size setting in your particle effect prefabs. (Please note that you need to restart your scene for changes to take effect)

49. OneOfMany

OneOfMany

Your problem has nothing to do with Enviro, really. It's how Unity handles it's own particle systems collisions.
    And it wouldn't hurt you to be nice to people.

50. theprateektomar

theprateektomar

is it possible to make storm for about 20 sec before heavy rain ?