Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, using Unity 2019.4.34f and latest enviro, any ideas how to solve these errors. Im usng Veg ro (fresh install)

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Vegetation Studio Pro\EnviroVegetationStudioPro.cs(8,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VegetationSystem' does not exist in the namespace 'AwesomeTechnologies' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Vegetation Studio Pro\EnviroVegetationStudioPro.cs(9,27): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'VegetationStudio' does not exist in the namespace 'AwesomeTechnologies' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

2. MOLB

MOLB

I can send two images showing what it looks like. I removed everything Enviro related in the scene and added it again. With the default setup I tried setting the time of day to 15:00 and then 0:00, and these are the results I get. The longitude and latitude are both set to 0, so it's not a polar day or something like that.

Day

Night

I just used a clear weather preset with a few clouds, but otherwise nothing else has been changed.

On another note, I have noticed that the volumetric light is visible through and behind objects. These objects are fairly large (around 50-100 m), and increasing the ray length doesn't seem to do much. Is there a way to work past this?

Volumtric light seen through around 100 m of several objects with normals facing both directions.

Thank you for your time.

3. eheimburg

eheimburg

Hi, we have reports from players using the latest-gen Mac laptops that the 3D scene is being rendered entirely opaquely. We've tracked this issue to Enviro, and our hacky "fix" for these users is a special setting that disables the EnviroSkyRendering component on the camera. This is confirmed to fix the issue... but of course this has severe repercussions for graphics quality.

This issue doesn't happen on our development Macs, even with the latest OS updates, which suggests the problem is related to a particular laptop video driver (or something like that). But we're getting more and more reports of this problem as more people buy these new macs.

Are you aware of this issue and is there a fix planned? Thanks!

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I think someone else had similar issue and fixed it by adding VSP_PACKAGES define in Project Settings > Player > Scripting Define symbols list.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version do you use? I remember that there is/was a bug in Uniity with Apple M1 macs that was fixed in a Unity 2021 patch and solved the issue with Enviro post processing.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you have discord? We may need to investigate your issue in a remote session.

About the fog issue: Can you please try to tweak the Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Fog -> Fog Scattering "Mie" and "G". does it help with the glow at your mountains?

7. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Vondox, that fixed it. Cheers.

8. MOLB

MOLB

Yes, I have Discord. Feel free to send me a PM with details and times that suit you the best, I'm quite flexible to accomodate any time. If there is a way to completely clear a scene of Enviro (including any cached data), please let me know prior so I can test one more time. This issue in particular has only happened on one of the maps, so it's very localized, but I don't want to redo the whole map just because of that. Furthermore, on this particular level the weather keeps changing, even though I've disabled the time simulation and only have one weather preset available. I guess some kind of hard reset would be the best.

As for the fog scattering, it doesn't help at all. I think it is only related to the volumetric lighting in the sense that it doesn't cull the volumetrics if something is blocking the volumetric light source, but the obstacle is too far away. If I zoom into the rocks then the glow disappears, and this behaviour is consistent.

Thank you again for your answers.

9. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Hello there,
    I would like to increase the Sun disc size but then the corona will cover the entire sky...

upload_2022-1-9_15-4-6.png
    This is how I set the sun actually
    upload_2022-1-9_15-7-19.png

And here is the PostProcess
    upload_2022-1-9_15-5-51.png

And finally this is how it looks in game
    upload_2022-1-9_15-8-39.png

Attached Files:

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, maybe take a look into your weather presets -> volume light intensity and reduce that one. Could help in your case.

MaximilianPs likes this.
  11. jRocket

jRocket

Hi, does this asset work with Crest ocean, build-in pipeline?

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes Enviro works with Crest. There also is some guide to modify crest shaders to recieve Enviro fog effects in our discord channel.

13. look001

look001

Hey there, is there any chance to get volumetric lights in OpenGL ES? I saw that ES is not listed in the full asset.

14. alielnadyoffical

alielnadyoffical

Hello!
    Sorry for the very late replay, I tried that but nothing worked. However, i got this error

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
    EnviroZone.CreateZoneWeatherTypeList () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroZone.cs:199)
    EnviroZone.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroZone.cs:332)

15. CarlJack

CarlJack

Hi there,
    I'm using Enviro sky to create a VR project and encountered some problems, hope you can help me with that. I created a Enviro Profile Standard VR and create around that.

1. The volume lighting seems don't work. When we turned on dir volume light, the intensity keeps growing, which eventually make everything invisible. Here are some pictures showing the process. Test - Test - Android - Unity 2020.3.22f1 Personal _DX11_ 1_22_2022 3_57_05 PM.png Test - Test - Android - Unity 2020.3.22f1 Personal _DX11_ 1_22_2022 3_58_02 PM.png Test - Test - Android - Unity 2020.3.22f1 Personal _DX11_ 1_22_2022 3_58_39 PM.png

2.Enviro Sky seems not compatible with the Lux Water Plugin. If we activate LUX support via third party support, the following error message will show up. We don't know if it's the cause of issue1. Test - Test - Android - Unity 2020.3.22f1 Personal _DX11_ 1_22_2022 4_07_55 PM.png

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, have you tried to re-setup enviro in your scene? Otherwise please send me some screenshot of your EnviroZone weather preset list.

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, unfortunately the volumetric lighting currently does not work correctly in VR. But I am working on a fix for next update, so it works as it should. Sorry for the inconvenience!

About LUX Water:
    The third party support you activated is for the LUX shaderframework, not for LUX Water. Please check your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols List and remove the "ENVIRO_LUX_SUPPORT"
    define in here. That should fix your error. Please take a look into the LUX Water docs on how to activate LUX support for Enviro.

18. CarlJack

CarlJack

Hi, Vondox,

Thank you! We will try that later for LUX water.

In the meantime, is there any way we can bypass volumetric lighting to access the fog function? As far as I am concerned, the fog would not appear in our 3D model unless volumetric lighting is opened. Is that the case, or we missed something here?

Best,
    Carl

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Carl, should be enough to deactivate the volumetric lighting in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Feature Controls.

20. Crossway

Crossway

How can I remove these ugly clouds from sky? I need a clear sky but I can't find any option to remove these

Attached Files:

• TYGH.jpg
      TYGH.jpg
      File size:
      89.2 KB
      Views:
  21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your clear sky weather preset and reduce the cirrus clouds alpha.

22. Notso

Notso

Not sure what is going on, but it it only happens when I activate enviro skymanager 2.3.1
    I am using just the prefab dragged in and a default profile.

UpdateEnvironment readback buffer overflow, please schedule fewer updates.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please always setup Enviro through the Enviro Sky Manager. Check the included docs for detailed guide.

However your issue maybe something else, as I also has another report. Do you use Unity 2021 and use the skybox ambient light mode in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting -> Ambient Mode setting?

Enviro will update the environmental lighting in that ambient mode from time to time to reflect the change of time of day from skybox. But it really only does it when it is needed and it never was an issue before. Currently unsure why Unity now throws that warning or if it is some sort of bug as it was working fine in all the years before.

24. Notso

Notso

OK so this is something to not worry about? it is still a process that continues to throw the warning many times a second.
    We did use the enviro manager to create it (I redid it to be sure).
    We are using 2021.2.4f1
    envirosky profile, lighting category, ambient was set to skybox (the profile scriptable said flat) but when I changed the inspector script profile from skybox to trilight/flat/custom that warning goes away so it does appear to be an issue with the skybox setting.
    Is there a fix or is this recreatable for you to even test to try to find a fix?

25. fea777

fea777

Hi,

it works in pc build but once I change to ios build everything becomes dark and black for the enviro-sample scene as here.
    upload_2022-2-5_17-40-53.png

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you use an enviro lite instance here? Please use Enviro Lite for mobile builds and give it a try in a new scene.

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I was not able to reproduce that issue. Can you please test in an new scene?

28. fea777

fea777

Thank you for your help.
    I managed to try the mobile enviro lite in iOs but when I compile I get the following error.

Thank you again in advance.

Exception: A required capability description is not set.
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+BuildSettings bs, UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer+ProjectPaths paths, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport buildReport) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:855)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessorSettings postProcessorSettings, UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/BuildPostProcessor.cs:663)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:45)
    Rethrow as BuildFailedException: Exception of type 'UnityEditor.Build.BuildFailedException' was thrown.
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/iPhonePlayer/Extensions/Common/ExtensionModule.cs:49)
    UnityEditor.Modules.DefaultBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <01e901910c5242498b7e69f6d2d8d500>:0)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <01e901910c5242498b7e69f6d2d8d500>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I don't think this is related to Enviro. Maybe you need to check your iOS Player Settings. (Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings) Something seems missing here. For example some empty usage descriptions maybe?

30. Notso

Notso

Sorry...work issues came up. I thnk a new scene worked fine. There is something in my scene I guess it doesn't like but al i have are assets, no scripts for anything yet.

31. Lelon

Lelon

Hi, does this support planets worlds? I have a sphere shaped planet, can this add atmosphere that works from space view as well as land view?

Can clouds form on a spherical environment rather than flat?

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry Enviro isn't designed for this usecase.

33. mcbauer

mcbauer

Hello, I am trying to use this asset in my Oculus project using URP. I have followed your documentation but cannot get clouds to render. This is the best I get regardless of the weather and VR setting I use. enviroNoCLouds.JPG

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check if the main camera is using the Enviro URP Renderer you assigned in your URP Assets. You might also run into another issue if your are using URP 10+ with single pass instanced renderering. I will contact you in provate chat and send you an hotfix.

mcbauer likes this.
  35. cdibbs

cdibbs

Hello Vondox, I am running into the grey left eye thing others mentioned with single pass instanced, URP 12. Does the hotfix you mentioned address this? If so, I'd greatly appreciate it. :) Thanks!

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sent those in private message. :)

37. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello, how can I control the speed at which weather changes with ChangeWeather()?

Sometimes I need it to be slow, and sometimes I need it to be instantaneous (i.e, scene starts, my code determines it must be raining so I call ChangeWeather() but the player should not see any transition happening).

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, there is a different command to change the weather without a transition for that case: EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(int weatherID);

39. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

thanks, that is great!

what if I want to slow down the change? sometimes going from clear sky to cloudy looks almost supernatural, i.e., clouds materialize too quickly.

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can set those in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Weather category.

DavidBVal likes this.
  41. SOL3BREAKER

SOL3BREAKER

any plan to integrate with Fish-Net: Networking Evolved?

42. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Has anyone got any tips on shadow shimmer as the sun moves. All the shadow edges shimmer constantly as time progresses.

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your suggestion. I will have a look into that asset and might add built-in support for it in a future update.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you may need to tweak you Unity shadow settings like cascade count, resolution and lower your shadow range.

LukeDawn likes this.
  45. Giantbean

Giantbean

Discord is down at the moment so I will ask here in case its faster... Is there a recommended shader for billboards?
    I'm having issues with terrain panted grass and trees what get ghosting or render depth issues and I'm wondering if any one knows a preferred shader or if Enviro has a shader that should be applied to billboarded objects?
    I have also tried Advanced Terrain Grass asset and their base grass shader works but hits the frame rate a bit.

Edit: I have found that the Advanced Terrain and Grass has folliage, base grass, and Vertext Lit shaders that seem to work however I am getting some hits to the frame rate so I will need to optimize in other areas.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Vondox likes this.
  46. SOL3BREAKER

SOL3BREAKER

How to make third party shader like "all in 1 vfx toolkit" work with enviro's fog? I downloaded the guidance from discord, but the lighting.hlsl of urp12 doesn't include shadow.hlsl

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I would need to have a look into the assets shader to get any idea how much work it would to add Enviro fog support to those. Contact me in discord privat chat and we can have a look into it.

48. orionk1

orionk1

I have a really nice mountain skybox, and I'm curious if Enviro is going to be able to work with that in some way. Can I make the sky part transparent on my cubemap images and use it alongside Enviro? Or maybe there is a different solution?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can use your cubemap as background in skybox shader. (There actually commented code in skybox shader you just would need to uncomment and set your cube in a script.) But the background does not play nice with the dynamic time of day!

Another solution would be using part of the additional satellite feature in Enviro by adding an empty prefab in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Satellite category and assign a layer in your Enviro Instance -> Rendering Setup category.
    Now place some low poly background mountains in your scene and set it to use the "Satellite" layer you assigned before. Make those move with your camera position. You should get some nice backdrop mountains that you never can reach and thsoe also will be lit correctly like therest of your scene.

50. Arathorn_J

Arathorn_J

Greetings! (In URP) After updating to the latest version of Enviro, my particle systems with sprite shaders and trail renderers no longer render if I enable any light shafts in envirosky settings. Has anyone else seen/solved this issue? I tested with a fresh project and got the same issue. Again this is in URP (Universal Render Pipeline);