Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Borup

Borup

Great asset. It really makes your scenes come to live.

In the intro you write: Need fog on your transparent material? No problem, with only a few lines of code you could modify your own transparent shaders to be fogged correctly.

Can you show an example of what lines to add? Our should I send you the shader that needs fixing?

Thanks in advance :)

2. dibgickfooker

dibgickfooker

Hey all,

Does anyone know how I can adjust the hours that count as night time, i.e when it gets dark? Right now using default settings it gets dark around 6pm, however I'd like to change this to 9pm, however I cannot see how to do this. Anyone know how to? Thanks for reading!

3. Crowstone_Games

Crowstone_Games

Apologies if this is a known issue.

I was just trying to import Enviro Lite in to my established project that's running in Unity 2021.2.0f1 with URP 12.1.

Simply importing the latest version of Enviro Lite results in these errors:

##### Output
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroProfile.cs(569,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroVolumeCloudsQualitySettings' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroReflectionProbe.cs(30,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroVolumeCloudsQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroReflectionProbe.cs(32,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroSkyRendering' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroProfile.cs(493,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroSkyRendering' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroProfile.cs(304,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroVolumeCloudsQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroSkyMgr.cs(78,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroSky' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    *** Tundra build failed (7.04 seconds), 443 items updated, 734 evaluated

Thanks for any ideas?

4. loconeko73

loconeko73

The sun sets and rises pretty accurately based on the day of the year and the latitude. Have a look in your EnviroSky instance, check "Time and location control" and tweak those until you find something that works for you. You can even use UTC offset to get time of day in a different time zone.

Hope this helps !

dibgickfooker likes this.
  5. dibgickfooker

dibgickfooker

Thanks for replying, I managed to get this working now with your great advice! Thanks for the help!

Cheers!

loconeko73 likes this.
  6. jnbbender

jnbbender

Is there wind blowing audio somewhere?

7. loconeko73

loconeko73

There's a blizzard in Core/SFX/Weather

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for my late reply. So you already have your own clock system? You could disable time progression in Enviro and just send your own time with EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SetTimeOfDay(12f);

You can rotate the y axes of the Enviro Object to line it up with your scene.

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols list and remove the ENVIRO_HD define in here.

qwert024 likes this.
  10. alielnadyoffical

alielnadyoffical

Hello

I just bought enviro 2 days ago, i did a lot of things and it was really easy and useful, but i have a question. Why doesn't it updates the game weather? However, i have checked the update weather to true and i set the presets but still not updating at all, Hope somebody can help me :)
    Regards.

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm it should try to change the weather all 6 ingame hours. You maybe want to try to enable the "Force Weather Change" option in the Enviro Zone component that is attached to the Enviro Sky object. (This option will make sure that it always change to a different weather)

You setup Enviro in your own scene, right? What happens if you set Time progression to "None" and change the time yourself?

12. alielnadyoffical

alielnadyoffical

try to enable the "Force Weather Change" option in the Enviro Zone component that is attached to the Enviro Sky object. (This option will make sure that it always change to a different weather): I did and actually nothing happened

What happens if you set Time progression to "None" and change the time yourself?: Weather still didn't changed

Not sure what is the problem of that...

13. alielnadyoffical

alielnadyoffical

Some information:
    Thanks for replaying :D.

Attached Files:

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please remove the "None" entries in your Enviro Zone Preset list and try again.

15. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi

I imported enviro.

why the sun is so big?

Thanks

Attached Files:

• sun.PNG
      sun.PNG
      File size:
      257.6 KB
      Views:
  16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please add some scene post processing tonemapping.

17. ght1875

ght1875

I find tonemapping makes the ambient light in dawn completely dark.

05:40 ambient light works as expected

05:50 sun starts to come out, tonemapping makes ambient light completely dark

06:37 sun comes out, and everything works fine

How to make the transition smooth? Now, it just turn completely dark around 05:50 in a sec.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you could try to increase the ambient light intensity curve in your Enviro Sky Instance > Edit Profile > Lighting category. Try to tweak the middle area. In general those harsher changes also could be related to switching light source form sun to moon and other way around. You also could try using dual lighting mode (Please restart your scene twice) or using the "Simple" "Sun and Moon Position Mode" in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky category.

19. ght1875

ght1875

You are right. It's not the tonemapping. Dual light works. Thank you.

20. Daahrien

Daahrien

How do you use this with curved world (I need the clouds to become lower the further from the camera for a miniplanet kind of effect)?

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I never used that asset. You can try to lower the world scale setting in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds section. But we might also need to modify some parts in shader. For example: Open the EnviroRaymarchClouds shader and search for this line:

if (ray.y < -0.02)

Lower it to render clouds even lower. But we might need to add further modifications from curved world to make it really match. (Maybe ask the Curved World dev about that one)

22. Daahrien

Daahrien

Thank you, it works :p

Vondox likes this.
  23. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi,

I did not find much in documentation of reflections. If I have own objects like player or enemies which should have reflections, do I add the enviro "Reflection probe" or that "Reflection probe" which can be customized from Unity or both?

I want realtime reflections, so add only enviro reflection and set checkbox "Standalone probe" and then set too "Render enviro effects"?

I want realtime reflections with both enviro and own reflections too. :)

Thanks a lot!

Firlefanz

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, by default Enviro already includes a reflection probe that will move with your player. You configure that in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Reflections. Add you player/enemy layer to the "Global Reflection Layers" list.

In some cases you may want to use stationary reflection probes. Just add the Enviro Reflection Probe to your Unity Reflection probes and set it to "Standalone" then configure it.

25. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello, is there a way to have certain items with colliders to be ignored by raindrops? I have invisible colliders in my game to prevent falling off cliffs, and unfortunately the raindrops clash against them

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into the enviro weather particle effect prefabs -> collision module. You can set the layers to collide with here.

DavidBVal likes this.
  27. kopanz

kopanz

Your Fog Renderer leave a huge footprint in Mono runtime when you switch scenes.
    I use Enviro - Sky and Weather 2.3.1 with Built-in(Standard) renderer
    Is this memory leak fixed in newer versions ? enviroTempBuffer.JPG

Last edited: Dec 26, 2021
  28. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, Using Unity 2019.4.4, and Vegetation Studio Pro... I am trying to add a weather zone to a specific VSPro Biome. Just as Roland demonstrates in his video.

However after watching his video ad the tutorial with the Crest ocean system i cant get it to snow within a specific Biome.

are there any complete instructions for a nobie.

I have tried:

Addint the weather zone component to the biome, in an emptiy object as child of the biome and the biome as child to the weather zone object. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Im not sure if the chracter camer automatically pics up the change but it doesnt seem to work.

Thanks for any guidance. Cheers.

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you tested this in a build? Those temporary render textures should get released correctly. Not fully sure how Unity handles that tho. Please test with latest version in a build, I also will have a look and try to reproduce that issue later. What Uniity version do you use?

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the weather zones are working with triggers. Please check your Project Settings -> Physics -> Layer Collision Matrix and make sure that your weather zone layer can interact with the Enviro Sky Instance layer. (Default - Ignore Raycast). Also maybe double check the scale of the weather zone. (Gizmo).

Hawk0077 likes this.
  31. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I will check that later today and update here. If I cant get it working I'll create a short video showing setting you suggest. Thanks.

32. kopanz

kopanz

I'm tracking the memory use with Graphy. Same amount of excess memory usage is also available in builds. This memory leak behaves same both in edit and play mode. Switching scenes in edit mode is also creating more RenderTextures. I don't have any other asset in my project that uses RenderTextures this much intensively. I found a temporary solution by creating the Enviro sky in main menu once, then moving it around scenes. I'm using Unity 2020.1.17f1 but version change doesn't making any difference.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
  33. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I created a light snow zone for the snowy mountains biome.
    EnviroSky Standard is using the default Ingnore Raycast Layer
    The Zone is using the Satalites Layer

As far as the the Giso scaling, there is nothing visibleto see, to scale. Nothing to resize I mean?

Any more suggestions as to how to integrate the zone with the biome. (Im not a programmer so dont get how the zone is applied when the camera enters to biome?

Thanks. image_2021-12-27_130644.png

34. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I Believe itsmaking the changes now. But theres another issue which is stopping me from seeing the full effect.

When I start the game in hedy snow mode, I get wind nose and a darker scene. but no visual snow.
    When I start the game in Heavy rain mode, I get splashing rain, but no visual rail

So then when I start the game in clear sky and the move into the snow biome. I am getting a darker scene, but neither wind nor snw effects.

Any ideas about this?

I a going to look into checking my camera setup abd see if I can find anyting along the way. I use cinemachine Virtual cam and Shooter template, character.

thanks

35. kopanz

kopanz

I did some more research. It doesn't look like a runtime issue. But it's really flooding the memory in the editor, even in edit mode. And Unity is not caring to remove them from memory. You could make your own temporary RenderTexture system for better control of the memory space.

36. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This video was made using this asset. Enviro has become my goto for weather, it can't be beat and it is beautiful.

Third in the Apollo’s Dream series, we make these for all people to find some peace and beauty in this world of chaos. We hope you enjoy it.

MaximilianPs, Hawk0077 and Vondox like this.
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, maybe try to assign your main camera as player in Enviro and test again. Weather particle effects will follow that transform.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  38. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for all your information. I am in holidays right now, but will do my own test soon. Maybe also worth trying latest Unity 2020 version and check if it behaves the same.

Hawk0077 and kopanz like this.
  39. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

thanks, I will try. I believe thats how enviro first started but then I thught it was wrong because the camera isnt the play. Many thnks, I ill wor around this area to try and fix it.

Thanks.

40. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Hello there, I've played a lot with the parameter about the sun but..
    upload_2021-12-28_22-9-7.png

This is how it looks like :(

upload_2021-12-28_22-9-47.png

so please help!
    upload_2021-12-28_22-12-32.png

It's Gigantic!

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please add some post processing tonemapping. For example using the Unity post processing package color grading module. You may also want to tweak the volumetric lighting intensity in your weather presets.

MaximilianPs likes this.
  42. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I am using enviro (also) for my new upcoming space shooter.
    Works pretty well but the skybox looks totally black and empty when looking straight down, is it caused by enviro?
    Looking sideways everything is perfect...

I also tried another cubemap shader with same problem.

It is a cubemap skybox.
    upload_2022-1-1_21-12-48.png

It has no black areas. Looking straight to a side, it looks great, looking straight down I just see black space, not a single pixel / star...

On the textur it is not black at the botttom or top...

Any ideas or is it something completly wrong here for Enviro?

Thanks a lot and have a nice new year, stay safe and healthy.

43. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

44. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I think it is the enviro fog o_O
    Why is it stronger when looking down than looking sideways, or am I wrong?
    I would like to use it but turned it off for now.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  45. MOLB

MOLB

Hey! I really like this asset, however I have a question regarding duplicating scenes with Enviro added. I tried duplicating a scene that already had Enviro set up, because I wanted to create a variant of said scene, however, things such as the skybox and ambient lighting no longer respond to the changes I make in Enviro. I tried deleting Enviro from the scene and adding it again, but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work! :)

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, as Enviro is not designed for that genre you may want to modify the fog rendering shader to not fog your skybox at all.

Open the EnviroFogRendering and EnviroFogRenderingSimple shaders and search for this line:

else //SKY
    {

Replace the whole "else" block with following:

else //SKY
    {
    fogFac = 1;
    }

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, very strange. I copy scenes with Enviro quite often and never run into such issue. What Unity version and renderpipeline do you use?

48. MOLB

MOLB

I'm on 2019.4.34f and am using the built-in renderer.

Thank you for the quick reply.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, was not able to reproduce your issue. Can you maybe send me some short video in private chat? Maybe I misunderstand the issue?!

50. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks a lot! I know it is not meant for this genre, but it is looking beautiful and working very well with that lighting and lightshafts :)

Vondox likes this.