Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your feedback. I will have a look into that error and send you a fix for the fix. You are right change that particular setting does not mark your scene dirty. I will fix that in next update. For now you can workaround that: Change the cloud quality then just open one of the inspector sections for example "Time and Location Controls". Then save your scene and it should work.

2. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Not a huge deal, but I have found what I BELIEVE to be a bug. I have a weather transition that happens at 2.88, and SOMETIMES when I compile the app the transition does not occur. If I reopen Unity and recompile the issue always goes away.

Unity 2021.1.12f1 URP

I understand that this is not a lot of info to help you, so if you want additional details let me know. Also, if you don't care, that's fine too. It's not a huge deal to recompile. Thanks for the kick ass asset

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hard to track down actually. I will have a look if I can reproduce that one on my side. Thanks!

4. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

No worries. Let me know if there is other info you ever need, and if I find more details or clues I'll also post.

Last bit: This is a VR project.

Vondox likes this.
  5. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello, is anyone else getting this error?

Instance of EnviroSkyEditor couldn't be created. The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject and be placed in the Assets/Editor folder.

It doesn't happen every time, but in most cases when I try to see the manager in the editor inspector, and the enviro begins to act weird in those cases. This has started recently...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, haven't seen that one yet. Can you please check in which folder EnviroSkyEditor.cs is sitting right now?

7. benthroop

benthroop

How can I reliably edit EnviroSky Standard (the actual component, not the quality settings) during Play mode and save the settings? Is "Apply All Settings" supposed to save to the profile? What do "Save to Profile" and "Load from Profile" do in that case?

I have lost so many runtime edits thinking I know what's happening with this setup when I apparently don't. Would love the authoritative answer here.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you only can save the settings that are in "Edit Profile" section. To do that you need to click on "Save to Profile" after you finished. Then when you exit play mode you need to click on "Load from Profile" to apply the the changes.

9. benthroop

benthroop

Thanks for the quick response @Vondox. So what does "Apply All Settings" do?

10. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

This asset has broken my entire project;
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroSkyMgr.cs(78,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroSky' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroReflectionProbe.cs(32,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroSkyRendering' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\EnviroReflectionProbe.cs(30,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'EnviroVolumeCloudsQuality' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

HELP

11. ghassan_khadra

ghassan_khadra

Delete the asset ,go to project settings >player>other settings <scripting define symbols ,delete the ENVIRO_?? that you have ,press enter and then reinsall the asset ,please make sure to choose the righr instance for you e.g if you have lite version ,dont install standard instance .
    have a good day.

12. gamesbydre

gamesbydre

Its working now

13. Yerkisk

Yerkisk

When setting the Enviro Sky Manager to Dont destroy on load, it keeps spawning over and over the enviro directional light each time I change scene. After 4 scene changes, there are 4 enviro directonal light in the scene making it very bright. Any way to stop that from happening? It also duplicate the Enviro Effects LW gameobject. If I remove them from the scene, they just get reinstantiated by the manager every time I reopen the scene in the editor. Using Unity 2019.3.10f1 and the Lite version for Mobiles of Enviro Sky Manager (v2.3.3).

14. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm running into some issues with enviro skybox: I'm trying to use an additional camera to render some information about my models, and I need the camera's clear flag to be solid color (which I can set the background to pure black).
    But I found that setting the background type of the camera to solid color doesn't work. The camera still renders the skybox.
    I tried to setup a camera in an empty scene, the clear flags works correctly, solid color makes the camera background to the color I choose, but with enviro skybox in the scene, the camera's background always get affected by the skybox, only the top part of the sky turns into the color I set.
    Any ideas where could go wrong?

15. Harekelas

Harekelas

And another question: how do I add fog to RAM 2019 URP 11.0+ versions? I didn't find the documentation about them.

16. ChrisFable

ChrisFable

Hello, thanks for creating this awesome asset!

We're running into a bit of an issue with the reflection probe constantly dirtying the scene with RenderTexture changes. If we save the scene, then toggle an empty game object off and on again to simulate a scene change that shouldn't contain edits, then save the scene again, the diff now shows RenderTexture changes that appear to be coming from the Global Reflections Reflection Probe. I assumed that disabling all Global Reflections would solve this, but this doesn't appear to work. Any ideas about how to stop all of the arbitrary scene changes?

Cheers,
    Chris

17. xinoHITO1

xinoHITO1

Hello! I'm considering getting this asset as it looks really cool!

I had some doubts I wanted to ask. My project in terms of art style is very stylized. I want to have control over how both the sky and clouds look in terms of color, lighting, and shape. Because my project is more stylized I'd like the volumetric clouds to look more "puffy" or less noisy/detailed to fit them with my project's art style. I also need control over the cloud's color. Like having a bright sky but the clouds are yellow for example.

I'm looking to create a skybox based on this concept art. I understand the "split" skybox effect may not be supported but that leads me to my other question. Are the shaders or code accessible? Like if there's a visual effect I need does the asset allows for code/shader modifications?

I want to make skyboxes for alien or fantasy looking scenes (like a red sky with purple clouds)
    Is enviro good for this? I love the volumetric clouds so I hope I can get to use this asset. The images and videos kinda seem to tell that Enviro is more suited for realistic games.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    rekasla likes this.
  18. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

This is a Teaser for an upcoming project continuing the Apollo's Dream series.

The video was made with Unity 2019 using the this assets.

19. judah4

judah4

I have a render order issue using stencils in URP for hair masking. Have you seen an issue like this before?
    HairIssueClouds.png
    Here are my render settings
    upload_2021-10-5_16-10-26.png

My hair has it's own layer so it can be stencil masked under hats. Unfortunately one setting that works for the clouds doesn't work for the water (Crest) and vice versa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20. trullilulli

trullilulli

Hi guys, had a small problem where the nights were too dark, I'm using Ambient mode as skybox and I've changed the light color so the night time color is corrected.
    upload_2021-10-6_18-20-46.png
    However now I'm having an issue where at around 6 am at morning and 6pm at night, there's no sun or moon and the scene is too dark. Is there any way to change this cycle so that as soon as sun/moon is setting the other one is coming up?

21. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I think all you need to do is change the ambient ground color to something lighter.
    or you can add another light to trigger at night.

22. Woolf

Woolf

Hi, i need help.

I have problems with unity tree billboards and enviro fog.

23. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

You could try changing the render queue for the billboards so they are rendered after the fog.

24. Woolf

Woolf

but I can't change them, these shaders are hidden in engine

25. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Not sure then. I’ve had that problem with other things and the render queue was the solution.
    Sorry I can’t help. :(
    I hope someone else has the answer for you.
    They have a discord channel too, maybe you can find the answer there;)

26. Woolf

Woolf

problem is solved. Thanks to a colleague for this shader

Attached Files:

judah4 and dsilverthorn like this.
  27. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Thanks for letting us know!

28. wechat_os_Qy03m6LbJoEO_GeX4hUP-tjyI

wechat_os_Qy03m6LbJoEO_GeX4hUP-tjyI

I use Unity 2020.3.18 and Gaia Pro 2021
    I managed to display the volume cloud according to the URP Settings, but once the volume cloud is turned on, the screen is not clear and the resolution is very low
    But when I shut down the volume cloud everything went back to normal

Attached Files:

29. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks @Vondox! Without Enviro, Meadow Environment, Vegetation Studio Pro and the Black Dragon this wouldn't have been possible :)

15M.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    MaximilianPs likes this.
  30. vertexx

vertexx

WOWIE! That's a lot of views, Rowlan.
    Well done. Is that figure true or "are you having a laugh" !! :)
    EDIT. Oh yes, I think I get it. Your statement is true!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  31. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's a good example how things can evolve unexpectedly with just 1 hour of Unity work. It's a very basic scene. But it's the assets that make it the way it is. I just mixed them.

32. Giantbean

Giantbean

@Vondox Using Enviro Sky Manager 2.3.3 with MicroSplat support activated and both MicroSpalt core and Dynamic Snow integrates with the MicroSpalt texter having snow amount set to global ("G" next to settings selected) The snow is not accumulating even when set as high as 200. Any idea what needs to change?
    upload_2021-10-15_14-12-58.png
    P.S. its VR and everything else is working fine.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  33. jbooth

jbooth

With the latest MicroSplat patch the snow amount scale was changed from effectively being from 0 to 0.2, to 0-1 as it should have been. Perhaps enviro isn't ramping it all the way to 1?

34. Giantbean

Giantbean

I have messed with settings and cant get any visual change, is there a line of code I need to change?

35. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I am using enviro for my new arcade space shooter (classic 2d like view, but 3d gfx). because it makes nice lights and lightshafts etc.

I want to make a level with colored 3d clouds in view, can I set start positions, color and direction myself? Can I trigger a lighting strike with weather profile only or manually, too?

P.S.: If I change the scene and want to see the night skybox, I set:
    EnviroSky.instance.SetTime(2077, 1, 0, 0, 0);
    But if I had the daytime clouds and skybox before I still have those. Do I need to set anything more for instant change? Thanks again

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
  36. scarpelius

scarpelius

Can anyone point me in the right direction? No matter what I try the sun disk is huge in play mode, while in edit is normal.
    Sun Intensity: 100, Sun Disk Scale: 100 (though no value between 0.1 or 1000 will make a difference), Sun Disk Intensity: 1
    enviroskysuntoobig.png

37. Eloujah

Eloujah

Hello,

I'm having an issue on an headless version of my game.
    There are multiple standalone EnviroReflectionProbes in the scenes, and they are trying to do renders even though StartAsServer() is called as soon as the scene is loaded.
    This is causing a crash, as it is trying to create an unsupported texture in EnvirySkyRendering.ChangeResolution().

Here is a stack trace:
    Code (csharp):
    2. 'R16G16B16A16_SFloat' is not supported. RenderTexture::GetTemporary fallbacks to None format on this platform. Use 'SystemInfo.IsFormatSupported' C# API to check format support.
    3. (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
    5. Texture creation failed. 'None' is not supported for Render usage on this platform. Use 'SystemInfo.IsFormatSupported' C# API to check format support.
    6. (Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)
    8. NullReferenceException
    9.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Object.SetName(UnityEngine.Object,string)
    10.   at UnityEngine.Object.set_name (System.String value) [0x00001] in <38b3e2ebe87b4350a076afc92577eff1>:0
    11.   at EnviroSkyRendering.ChangeResolution () [0x00049] in <80116c80f0d7439a8c1813a35843c4af>:0
    12.   at EnviroSkyRendering.SetupVolumeFog () [0x00023] in <80116c80f0d7439a8c1813a35843c4af>:0
    13.   at EnviroSkyRendering.OnEnable () [0x00020] in <80116c80f0d7439a8c1813a35843c4af>:0
    14. UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
    15. UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    16. UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    17. EnviroReflectionProbe:CreateRenderCamera()
    18. EnviroReflectionProbe:OnEnable()
    And here is the crash's stack trace: https://pastebin.com/wyB76xHb

The current fix I have is to simply disable all the EnviroReflectionProbe components and to enable them during runtime after verifying that it is not the server.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  38. aggaton

aggaton

Recently bought this asset. Seem pretty awesome. One quick question though, is there a way to auto assign the camera from a script, like the button in the Enviro Sky Manager does? So I can call it when the scene loads in game? My scenes has a camera that gets instantiated during gameplay.
    Edit: Here is what I did in case somebody else is trying to do the same thing, pretty simple actually, attaching below script to the player model. I added the extra wait, since there always seem to be some lag time before everything is setup, may need to fiddle with this, or possibly use execution order.

Code (CSharp):
    2. private IEnumerator SomeCoroutine()
    3. {
    4.     yield return new WaitForSeconds(3);
    5. }
    7. void Start()
    8. {
    9.     StartCoroutine(SomeCoroutine());
    10.     if (Camera.main != null && EnviroSkyMgr.instance)
    11.         EnviroSkyMgr.instance.AssignAndStart(Camera.main.gameObject, Camera.main);
    12. }
    Edit2: There is a setting I found buried in the Player & Camera setup in the EnviroSky Standard object. It did not work for me, so I am keeping above

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  39. aggaton

aggaton

Hi,
    I am planning to use this asset in a mmo setting, so people logged in at the same time and place should have the same experience. Is there a way to feed enviro with a time and weather setting through a script? I was thinking about sync'ing the time at regular interval to get some kind of percentage of day spend and then hopefully feed it into enviro somehow. Is that possible? I have written the code to share these values across the network, I just need a way to control enviro programically.
    Edit: In case somebody else needs this. Seemed to be a fairly easy hack to add to Enviro. I converted the server time to hour of day, added a GameTime.ProgressTime enum I called Feed, added a case in the switch in UpdateTime, where I did nothing. Changed the time progression in the gameobject to Feed. Then I added a script with Update to set EnviroSky.instance.internalHour to server game time.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Vondox likes this.
  40. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Hello there, I'm pretty new to Enviro even if I've purchased it about 3 years a go...
    Anyway I have this issue with the Moon, it's a PNG of 2048x2048
    upload_2021-10-23_18-18-44.png

And that's are the texture's settings
    upload_2021-10-23_18-23-16.png

by removing the 2 blue checks didn't fix the issue.

41. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Ok I've been able to fix it :D
    For the next newbie, let me explain how to fix it:

Enviro wants the background as Black and transparency assigned via the Alpha channel.

Vondox likes this.
  42. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

Hey, I have been using Enviro for my URP project for a long time now, but I just built the game for the first time and I'm running into an issue where certain materials are being rendered as completely white from certain angles. I saw in a different forum post that this has something to do with the sky and directional light, and since the only directional light in my scene is the Enviro Standard sky, I wanted to ask here if anyone else is having this issue and if there's a fix available.

Also, the clouds rendering on top of certain unlit materials and shaders is driving me crazy. Is there any fix to this?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for my late reply. Somehow did not get a notification...

Enviro will set the snow intensity in 0-1 range. Maybe take a look into your weather preset temperature mod and set it to an high negative value.

44. Vondox

Vondox

You can try to use EnviroSky.instance.PlayLightning(); function. Enviro 3 will have more control with the new lightning system. For now you only can trigger a strike at random position around you.

You can try to just set the time with EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SetTimeOfDay(24f); for example. But in general I think you might better should take a look into the code and copy paste those parts you need to create your own system for your space game.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  45. Vondox

Vondox

You just need some post processing tonemapping as Enviro won't limit the brightness by itself out of the box. For example use the builtin tonemapping effect from URP. Or download the Unity post processing package and add a volume with a color grading module.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.postprocessing@3.0/manual/Quick-start.html

scarpelius likes this.
  46. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report! I will have a look into it and add a fix for the next update!

47. Vondox

Vondox

do you got it working? Please contact me if you still need help, sorry for the long waiting. :/

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, those unlit materials are most likely not rendering to depth buffers and so "invisible" for clouds blending. Please tell me what shader exactly you need and I can send you modified ones that work correctly with depth based effects. And please send me some screenshot of your first issue. Do you already use some tonemapping in your scenes?

49. JudahMantell

JudahMantell

I'm going to DM you, if that's alright. Easier than sending a bunch of screenshots here. Thanks!

50. VinnMarty

VinnMarty

Hey there! Been using Enviro Lite since I got it from a bundle recently and I'm loving it, but I'm wondering what would be the best way for me to make the day/night cycle follow a 24h clock system I already made before in a separate script instead of using Enviro's own clock. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I was also wondering if there's anyway I could rotate the sun position horizontally so it lines up with my scenery since I want the sun to set at a specific place as it's kinda "to the side" currently.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021