Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. SebRiddler

SebRiddler

Use Enviro Discord channel to get the fastest answer for your questions.

2. buc

buc

Is there a way to change the bottom color of the enviro-skybox in order to match my water-plane, maybe even make it a little specular?
    I've found some settings that I thought they could do the job, but do not see different colors.

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, no sorry that isn't possible at the moment.

4. VR_Junkie

VR_Junkie

Hello, I purchased your product recently and was wondering if there was a way to change the skybox or adjust the color of skybox independent of the weather selection during runtime

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky section. Otherwise you also can apply some skybox color overwrite in runtime with scripting:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.InteriorZoneSettings.currentInteriorSkyboxMod = new Color(0f,0f,0f,1f);

You also could swap skyboxes, but you will loose some features here if you won't add those to your other skybox shader:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SkySettings.skyboxMode = EnviroSkySettings.SkyboxModi.CustomSkybox;
    RenderSettings.skybox = someSkyMaterial;

6. mptp

mptp

Hi, I'm also having trouble in Unity 2020.3.x in Single Pass VR + URP

In multi-pass Enviro mostly works (clouds don't appear in stereo correctly), but I need it to work in Single-Pass for performance reasons.

Everything looks fine in the Scene view, but upon pressing Play I get a black screen in my right eye, and a grey screen in my left eye. Displaying the OpenVR raw VR view gives a grey screen in my left eye and a black screen in my right eye (see bottom image)

If I disable both Clouds and Fog in my Renderer asset, it works fine.

Untitled.png

Details of Setup:
    • Fresh Unity v2020.3.8f1 Project with nothing but SteamVR package and URP v10.5
    • OpenVR XR Loader with Single Pass Instanced enabled, Depth output is enabled in my RenderPipeline Asset
    • Enabled Single Pass VR and Single Pass Instanced VR in the Rendering Setup on the EnviroSky object
    • No difference whether I enable or disable Post Processing
    I'm using OpenVR in Single Pass Instanced, and have enabled Single Pass VR and Single Pass Instanced VR in the Rendering Setup on the EnviroSky object.

Everything was working fine in Unity 2020.1.17f1, and as far as I can tell there's no difference in my setups between the two projects.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  7. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

Did you have a chance to update the default shader package yet?

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, already answered in discord but for others:

There is some Unity in URP 10 and singlepass VR at the moment in Graphics.Blit function. I reported that issue already and it wil be fixed in future, but can't tell when at the moment. So keep using Unity 2020.1 for now is your best option unfortunately. :/

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have to admit I forgot. :/ Sorry will have a look now and contact you in private message.

10. Object-Null

Object-Null

Hello,

does somebody know if can make a rendersequence of the HDRI sky? the option is there to just export one image.
    but i would like to use this in another non realted unity project, but also with the moving clouds.
    or is there maybe another solution for this?

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry not ouf of the box. Maybe have a look into my other asset: Skybox Creator. That one can record a video sky loop you later can use in your other project as animated skybox.

12. TyI3orG

TyI3orG

Hi I am using Enviro's VR standard settings for my game, but I am having issues with weird reflections/overlays over the camera. I have attached reference images(You can see outlines of the trees projected on the camera). The outlines go away if i take the Enviro Sky Rendering script off of the camera, but then the clouds don't look the same or show up at all, so I pretty sure that is not the correct fix. Is there a way to fix this issue? Screenshot (17).png Screenshot (16).png

Attached Files:

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version, render pipeline, XR plugin and VR rendering mode (SinglePass Instanced?) do you use? Can you please check if oyu have Volumetric Lighting active in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Features Controls. (Only in builtin RP).

14. TyI3orG

TyI3orG

I am using Unity 2019.4.16, built-in renderpipeline, unity's XR interaction toolkit, single pass. Volumetric lightin is active in feature controls.

15. Vondox

Vondox

So you are using the old VR implementation with the "non" instanced "SinglePass" mode? Hm should work fine last time I tested. But I will have another look in this combination on monday. Otherwise please try to deactivate the volumetric lighting for the moment. Does that help?

16. kopanz

kopanz

Hi, tree textures are erasing Enviro Sky when they are directly over the sky. Playing with rendering queue settings doesn't make any change. I added images both for the error and tree material settings. I was using Tenkoku sky before, it wasn't have any problem with the trees I'm using. But it's a sphere based sky system, not screen space.

Attached Files:

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that the "Nature Leaves Fast" shader does not work that well with post processing anymore or wasn't updated for some time.

Please download the attached modified shader and assign that one (Nature/Tree Creator Leaves Fast FIXED). Or use the standard version of the Tree Creator Leaves shader.

Attached Files:

kopanz likes this.
  18. kopanz

kopanz

Your fixed shader not only solved the issue with the sky, it also fixed the cubic shadows those can be seen in the same screenshot. Thank you so much :)

Vondox likes this.
  19. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Hi,
    I am upgrading from enviro 2.1.2 to recent version 2.3.3. I am using URP. The Clear Sky weather preset is not providing a clear bright sky. I tried changing Volume Light Intensity in General Config under Enviro Weather preset. I have set the Season to Summer. Please check the image below

ClearSky.jpg

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your clear sky weather preset and set the cirrus clouds alpha to zero. There is some bug that "Create Alpha From Greyscale" does not to work correctly anymore. I will add texture with alpha channel included in next update.

21. eheimburg

eheimburg

Hi, I picked up Enviro to try it out as a replacement for a different sky system and I'm liking it so far! Ran into a minor problem though: disabling and then re-enabling the "Enviro Sky Manager" and "Enviro Effects" game objects at the same time creates an extra copy of the SFX Holder prefab.

I just figured out what I was doing to cause it while I was writing up this bug report. While comparing this sky to the old one, I was selecting the three Enviro-related game objects and disabling/enabling them to switch between sky systems. Whenever I did this, I ended up with double sounds.

Basically, the code looks for an existing gameobject during EnviroCore's OnEnable(), which is too soon in this case: the already-existing gameobject hasn't quite been enabled yet, so Find() doesn't find it.

Now that I know the cause, I can avoid it! So not a priority, but I wanted to point it out as something to fix eventually.

Thanks,
    - Eric

Attached Files:

Vondox likes this.
  22. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, I will have a look into it! :)

23. atrujo

atrujo

Hi, I need to increase the shadow strength of the enviro directional light. I can´t not find the controller in the lighting settings. thanks!

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category. There is a cruve for shadow intensity. However make sure that you use latest version 2.3.3.

atrujo likes this.
  25. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Hi, I'm using Enviro standard in URP. Clouds are not visible in the project. Particle and flat clouds works fine but when they are disabled clouds are invisible. Also Volume light and clouds not working in the demo. Any help?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check if you assigned the Enviro URP Renderer correctly and activated URP support in your Enviro Sky Manager. (Check the included documentation in Enviro folder).

If you have multiple renderers assigned you also should check if your main camera is using the Enviro one.

27. malithgimhanawithanage

malithgimhanawithanage

Issue is I can not change the Renderer in Camera. All pipeline assets use Enviro Standard renderer (default) and no other renderers. but there is no option for this in camera. It's only showing forward renderer. (But I don't even use it) I'm not sure if this is a unity bug. I'm using unity2020LTS.
    I used in a new project and it works fine.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Please send me some screenshots of your camera and URP asset in discord and I can check.

29. Mer_credi

Mer_credi

Hi everyone,

Today I open my scene and I have that error
    I try to reimport package but nothing change

Can someone help me? I really don't understand

Attached Files:

30. vanzie11

vanzie11

Hello,

I added Enviro Sky Standard (latest version from Asset Store) using Gaia 2, using Unity 2019.4.20f with URP, all works fine except there are no sounds (Ambient or weather). I also checked the Sample scene provided with Enviro and don't have any sound there too, any ideas?

Thanks

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, just ask in discord and I will add you to beta grp.

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, is that a URP project? If not check your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols list and remove the "ENVIRO_LWRP" define here. It should recompile and errors are fixed.

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm you changed the weather to Rain and do not hear any rain sounds? Please check the "Volume" settings in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Audio Controls.

For ambient sounds: By default Enviro starts in Winter season and there are no ambient sounds attached in the weather presets for that season. Raise the days to get in spring for example and you should hear some sounds.

34. vanzie11

vanzie11

WOW! Thanks so much! You are a LEGEND!

The issue was of course that it was set to winter! And when I checked the volume settings again, I somehow turned the Weather and Ambient volume down (LOL)

Vondox likes this.
  35. Yerkisk

Yerkisk

Hello, we're using EnviroSky 2.3.3 on a Android mobile game, but when we try to change the weather by code at runtime we always get a NullReferenceException.

We've tried :

Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather("Cloudy 1");
    2. EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather("Cloudy 1 LQ");
    3. EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather(1);
    But all of them gives :

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EnviroSky.Instance at that time is not null. We are using the Lite version for mobile. The default zone is used. The basic prefabs for weather are used, and their unique name is "Cloudy 1" to "Cloudy 4". We've tried with "LQ" at the end since the name of the prefab itself has LQ at the end but to no avail.

The image we've updated shows the current Weather zone and Controls during runtime.

Do you know why this would be happening? Thanks!

Attached Files:

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you try to change weather right after start? You need to delay that for at least one frame as Enviro will use first frame to search for other weather zones and setup all needed weatherpresets (particle effects).
    You can use a coroutine with "yield return null;" for example to delay your weather change for one frame.

37. Yerkisk

Yerkisk

We are doing that, and more actually. To test the change weather feature, we made it run every 1 minute, and every single time it gives a NRE. We are staying on the same scene, there is only one EnviroSky Manager in the scene. The WeatherController script that we've added that runs the update every minute is also a single instance gameobject that simply calls the EnviroSky.instance.changeweather(1) method as such :

Code (CSharp):
    1. IEnumerator Start()
    2.     {
    3.         yield return new WaitForSeconds(1);
    4.         StartCoroutine(GetWeather(CheckWeatherStatus));
    5.     }
    7. public void CheckWeatherStatus(WeatherInfo weatherObj)
    8.     {
    9.         if(weatherObj != null)
    10.         {
    11.             // Assign the weather to the Environ Weather object
    12.               EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather(1);
    13.         }
    14.     }
    16.     IEnumerator GetWeather(Action<WeatherInfo> onDoneGettingWeather)
    17.     {
    18.         using (UnityWebRequest req = UnityWebRequest.Get(***))
    19.         {
    20.             yield return req.SendWebRequest();
    22.             while (!req.isDone)
    23.                 yield return null;
    25.             if (req.isNetworkError || req.isHttpError)
    26.             {
    27.                 onDoneGettingWeather(null);
    28.             }
    30.             byte[] result = req.downloadHandler.data;
    32.             string weatherJSON = System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetString(result);
    34.             WeatherInfo info = JsonUtility.FromJson<WeatherInfo>(weatherJSON);
    36.             onDoneGettingWeather(info);
    37.         }
    38.     }
    So as you can see, we're waiting 1 second at the start before even calling the coroutine (this was to test if we needed to wait for the EnviroSky Manager to start or not, but it did not seem to make any difference). We are also waiting during the unity web request until we receive the answer. This is at the start, but also every 1 minute after that, called from within the Update function. We added a debug.log just before the call to change weather and the EnviroSky.instance isn't null at that time, so the NRE must come from within the changeweather method somewhere.

38. Vondox

Vondox

Oh wait. Are you using Enviro Lite version on android, right? You should use "EnviroSkyMgr.instance" instead of "EnviroSky.instance".

39. Yerkisk

Yerkisk

That works, thank you! I did not see that anywhere in the documentation though but I might have missed it. Thanks!

40. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Hello,

I am sure I am doing something dumb, but just can't figure out what.

I am running Unity 2021.1.12f1 with URP11.0.0

I have a VR experience and when I use the "EnviroSky Standard for VR" and select any of the existing Weather Presets (available in the "Weather Controls" section) I do not see clouds. If I use "EnviroSky Standard" then I can see clouds, but they are "odd" in that they move a bit as I move my head. I assume that is because I was using the wrong Instance.

I have gone through the steps in the PDF document (thanks for that btw) but it still does not work.

So, any idea what dumb@$$ thing I am doing?

Thanks,
    James

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the current version of Enviro does not support singlepass VR in URP 10+ at the moment because of some Unity bug. I have worked on a workaround last week and will send you the latest package that may should help.

42. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Hello gang,

Vondox was kind enough to send me a hotfix and I was able to get their asset working in Unity 2021.1.12f with URP 11

I had to test a number of items and it was finally the recreation of the XRRig (along with the fix) that resolved the issue.

Brovo to Vondox for responding so quickly and for such a good asset.

Vondox likes this.
  43. Russ242

Russ242

Hello,

I'm getting the Enviro Standard URP Renderer is missing RendererFeatures error. Any chance I could get the updated scripts mentioned in an earlier reply.

Cheers.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into the included documentation in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder and follow the "Getting Started" and "Setup URP" section. That warning will go away once you set Enviro to URP.

45. Russ242

Russ242

Ah I only did the Getting Started part, works fantastic now thank you!

Vondox likes this.
  46. Chusuk

Chusuk

Hi, bought Enviro URP a couple of days ago. After a little setting up, it seems to be mostly working (and you've done a great job, thanks)... I have a couple of questions if you have a moment...

I'm using URP on 2021.1

1) I seem to have strange lines in my volume clouds (more noticeable when animated and exists across all cloud qualities)....I'm sure it's just a setting I need to tweak...but I can't see any other examples of this problem on this thread. Any ideas?

Capture2.PNG

2. When transitioning from night to day, I have a rapid color/brightness jump that isn't consistent with the gradual change from day to night. Is this usual?

3. To some extent, sun light shafts but mostly moon light shafts flicker quite considerably as my camera pans through them (as if the shafts are switching off and on). A little hard to explain and if it's something you'd like to see, I'll try to capture it, just thought it might be something you already know the reason (or is how its supposed to work).

4. Should I expect ground shadows or lighting change from clouds (clouds 1)? when the sun goes behind large clouds, the lighting doesn't appear to change....I tried playing with shadow intensity and cookie size but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Early days in using Enviro but thought I'd ask in case it's all due to a simple tweak and might prevent further questions if I have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks again for a great asset!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

1.) This is a known issue right now called undersampling. However I haven't seen it that much actually. I am working on improvements for Enviro 3 to improve the quality a lot. Here is how mine looks for example with Cloudy 1 in Medium settings:
    upload_2021-7-25_12-55-8.png

If you looks closely you will see some lines at some parts of the clouds.

Currently only rasing the Raymarch Steps count in your clouds quality settings will help with that issue. But like I said there will be a future update that will help in that case with even lower steps.

Btw. you should add some global volume with at least a Tonemapping effect to your scene post processing for best results! (Don't forget to activate the "Post Processing" option in your camera).

2.) Do you see that when it switches from sun to moon? So shadows also will jump to a new position? That's caused because of we only use one directional light by default.
    You can set Enviro to use two directional lights in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category. Start you scene twice to make it work correctly. That way sun and moon does not "share" their light.

3.) Hm haven't seen that yet. I will send you the latest Enviro Hotfix package with quite some fixes for URP and Unity 2021.

4.) Sorry cloud shadows are currently not supported in URP. I am working on a new cloud shadow solution and will include that in a future update.

Best Regards,
    Hendrik

48. XGurem

XGurem

Hello, I just installed enviro and i'm getting a vegetation studio namespace not found error. I'm not sure what's the best way to fix this since I wont be using vegetation studio and simply deleting the script throwing the error only causes more to appear.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please open your project settings -> player -> other settings -> scripting define symbols list and remove the VSP define here. It should compile fine after that.

50. Chusuk

Chusuk

Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for the quick response and hotfix to try.

Feedback on the points...

1. Thanks, I understand more now. For some reason, my lines look far more pronounced than yours, even with the same settings and tone mapping. Tone mapping makes it slightly better. The clouds still look great so I'm just glad I'm not doing something wrong. If you generate future versions with a different approach, I'll be more than happy to try it.

2. The problem is slightly better with the dual light mode. I do think you are correct that it is to do with shadows on my terrain. I'll investigate further (maybe my terrain positioning is causing the problem). Thanks again for this tip.

3. I installed the hot fix but it didn't seem to make any differences to any of the points I've raised. I took a (very poor!) video with my phone as I don't have any capture software installed on this pc and I'm away for a few days now. As you can hopefully see, the moon rays appear to originate from a slightly different point as motion occurs and the ray direction is affected my movement velocity. This video was taken in slow motion to try and understand what might be happening. If this was the desired result, fair enough, but it doesn't have the look I was expecting.

4. Fair enough, thanks for letting me know. I look forward to any future cool features.

Thanks again for the help.

As a side note, the hotfix code seems to break something in scene mode when you select the main camera (either immediately or after a couple of times). The error appears in the following function.....

Code (CSharp):
    1.         public void CustomBlit(CommandBuffer cmd, RenderTargetIdentifier source, RenderTargetIdentifier target, Material mat, int pass)
    2.         {
    3.             cmd.SetGlobalTexture("_MainTex", source);
    4.             cmd.SetRenderTarget(target, 0, CubemapFace.Unknown, -1);
    5.             cmd.DrawMesh(UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingUtils.fullscreenMesh, Matrix4x4.identity, mat,0,pass);
    6.         }
    and the error is that material is null.

Also on a very very minor point....if I select my "Envirosky Standard" object in my hierarchy, then change just the cloud quality, then hit save to profile...the change doesn't stick. I think it's not firing a scene change so that the cloud quality change is not saved to the scene. If I swap scenes and go back, the cloud quality is back to its old value. Sorry, I've only been playing with Unity for a couple of weeks so I may just be an idiot :)