Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I was about to answer your e-mail right now.

Looks like something is wrong with your enviro installation (outdated or mixed)?! The shader missing was renamed and so the code in EnviroVolumeLight script. Please remove the Enviro folder and import latest Enviro 2.3.3 in your project from asset store/package manager.

I see that you joined discord we can communicate there for any further questions.

2. Seb_Rea

Seb_Rea

Use Enviro Discord channel to get the fastest answer for your questions.

3. buc

buc

Is there a way to change the bottom color of the enviro-skybox in order to match my water-plane, maybe even make it a little specular?
    I've found some settings that I thought they could do the job, but do not see different colors.

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, no sorry that isn't possible at the moment.

5. VR_Junkie

VR_Junkie

Hello, I purchased your product recently and was wondering if there was a way to change the skybox or adjust the color of skybox independent of the weather selection during runtime

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky section. Otherwise you also can apply some skybox color overwrite in runtime with scripting:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.InteriorZoneSettings.currentInteriorSkyboxMod = new Color(0f,0f,0f,1f);

You also could swap skyboxes, but you will loose some features here if you won't add those to your other skybox shader:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SkySettings.skyboxMode = EnviroSkySettings.SkyboxModi.CustomSkybox;
    RenderSettings.skybox = someSkyMaterial;

7. mptp

mptp

Hi, I'm also having trouble in Unity 2020.3.x in Single Pass VR + URP

In multi-pass Enviro mostly works (clouds don't appear in stereo correctly), but I need it to work in Single-Pass for performance reasons.

Everything looks fine in the Scene view, but upon pressing Play I get a black screen in my right eye, and a grey screen in my left eye. Displaying the OpenVR raw VR view gives a grey screen in my left eye and a black screen in my right eye (see bottom image)

If I disable both Clouds and Fog in my Renderer asset, it works fine.

Untitled.png

Details of Setup:
    • Fresh Unity v2020.3.8f1 Project with nothing but SteamVR package and URP v10.5
    • OpenVR XR Loader with Single Pass Instanced enabled, Depth output is enabled in my RenderPipeline Asset
    • Enabled Single Pass VR and Single Pass Instanced VR in the Rendering Setup on the EnviroSky object
    • No difference whether I enable or disable Post Processing
    I'm using OpenVR in Single Pass Instanced, and have enabled Single Pass VR and Single Pass Instanced VR in the Rendering Setup on the EnviroSky object.

Everything was working fine in Unity 2020.1.17f1, and as far as I can tell there's no difference in my setups between the two projects.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  8. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

Did you have a chance to update the default shader package yet?

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, already answered in discord but for others:

There is some Unity in URP 10 and singlepass VR at the moment in Graphics.Blit function. I reported that issue already and it wil be fixed in future, but can't tell when at the moment. So keep using Unity 2020.1 for now is your best option unfortunately. :/

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have to admit I forgot. :/ Sorry will have a look now and contact you in private message.

11. Object-Null

Object-Null

Hello,

does somebody know if can make a rendersequence of the HDRI sky? the option is there to just export one image.
    but i would like to use this in another non realted unity project, but also with the moving clouds.
    or is there maybe another solution for this?

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry not ouf of the box. Maybe have a look into my other asset: Skybox Creator. That one can record a video sky loop you later can use in your other project as animated skybox.

13. TyI3orG

TyI3orG

Hi I am using Enviro's VR standard settings for my game, but I am having issues with weird reflections/overlays over the camera. I have attached reference images(You can see outlines of the trees projected on the camera). The outlines go away if i take the Enviro Sky Rendering script off of the camera, but then the clouds don't look the same or show up at all, so I pretty sure that is not the correct fix. Is there a way to fix this issue? Screenshot (17).png Screenshot (16).png

Attached Files:

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version, render pipeline, XR plugin and VR rendering mode (SinglePass Instanced?) do you use? Can you please check if oyu have Volumetric Lighting active in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Features Controls. (Only in builtin RP).

15. TyI3orG

TyI3orG

I am using Unity 2019.4.16, built-in renderpipeline, unity's XR interaction toolkit, single pass. Volumetric lightin is active in feature controls.

16. Vondox

Vondox

So you are using the old VR implementation with the "non" instanced "SinglePass" mode? Hm should work fine last time I tested. But I will have another look in this combination on monday. Otherwise please try to deactivate the volumetric lighting for the moment. Does that help?

17. kopanz

kopanz

Hi, tree textures are erasing Enviro Sky when they are directly over the sky. Playing with rendering queue settings doesn't make any change. I added images both for the error and tree material settings. I was using Tenkoku sky before, it wasn't have any problem with the trees I'm using. But it's a sphere based sky system, not screen space.

Attached Files:

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that the "Nature Leaves Fast" shader does not work that well with post processing anymore or wasn't updated for some time.

Please download the attached modified shader and assign that one (Nature/Tree Creator Leaves Fast FIXED). Or use the standard version of the Tree Creator Leaves shader.

Attached Files:

kopanz likes this.
  19. kopanz

kopanz

Your fixed shader not only solved the issue with the sky, it also fixed the cubic shadows those can be seen in the same screenshot. Thank you so much :)

Vondox likes this.
  20. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Hi,
    I am upgrading from enviro 2.1.2 to recent version 2.3.3. I am using URP. The Clear Sky weather preset is not providing a clear bright sky. I tried changing Volume Light Intensity in General Config under Enviro Weather preset. I have set the Season to Summer. Please check the image below

ClearSky.jpg

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your clear sky weather preset and set the cirrus clouds alpha to zero. There is some bug that "Create Alpha From Greyscale" does not to work correctly anymore. I will add texture with alpha channel included in next update.

unityunity