Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the weather effects using Unity particle systems and can be changed or tweaked to match your visual style you are looking for. Maybe join our discord channel and check the showcase channel. Plenty of screenshots and videos posted there.

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

2. littenli

littenli

微信截图_20210312224328.png

In the sample scene, I have turned on the "Volume Clouds" option, but why can't I see the volume clouds?
    Did I miss some initialization step?

Btw, the "Volume Lighting" is not visible either.
    I am using URP, I don't know if it matters? Want to get help, thanks!

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, did you go through the additional setup for URP? Please check the documentation that is included in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder. I also will send you latest URP support script package in private msg.

littenli likes this.
  4. littenli

littenli

It works and looks great, Thanks for making such an excellent project!

Vondox likes this.
  5. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am using the latest Unity release 2020.3.1f and am getting the following two errors for enviro. Any ideas how to fix this. Thanks.

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\CTS Integration\EnviroCTSIntegration.cs(5,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CTS' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\CTS Integration\EnviroCTSIntegration.cs(10,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CTSWeatherManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols list and search for the CTS define here. Remove that one if you don't have CTS in your project at the moment.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  7. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Ah, good hint. I removed it yesterday as part of my troubleshooting errors. I installed it and it works fine now. Thanks by the way Vondox

8. Zaddo

Zaddo

Hi, I am just loading Enviro for the first time into a new project. Would it be possible to send me the latest URP support script as well?

9. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Vondox likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hello,

I am trying to use the URP feature, and after import the URP package it gives me error like "ScirpableRenderFeature" not found etc. I have to manually put in "using UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal;" in all the scripts related to those errors.

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will send you latest URP support package in private message. That one also includes bunch of bugfixes.

12. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

Apollo's Dream II is now live!
    A ton of work went into this one, I hope everyone will enjoy it.
    Creating beauty with Unity for a Virtual Experience with an original soundtrack is a lot of fun and I hope it shows in the video.

Enviro sets a wonderful atmosphere for this old west experience.

Vondox likes this.
  13. sinpros

sinpros

can anyone tell me if snow accumulation still works in unity. because its now working for me. i have me scene set up as "winter" and i bumped the snow accumulation setting all the way up but the snow isnt accumulating

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, Enviro does not include any "visual" snow accumulation. What Enviro incldues is the simulation and integration component for third party assets that have dynamic weather features. Like Microsplat/CTS/Global Snow.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  15. sinpros

sinpros

i figured that. but i went and purchased microsplat snow asset and the wetness asset and niether are working. i have been on discord with microsplat support and did everything they recommended but it wont work with enviro. i am using the most resent version of unity and i am using unity standard

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you activated and added the Microsplat integration in your Enviro Manager?

17. sinpros

sinpros

Yes

18. sinpros

sinpros

But just to clarify are you talking about the enviro integration script..if so where exactly do I add that component

19. Vondox

Vondox

Check your Enviro Sky Manager -> Third Party Support -> Shader -> Microsplat Integration. First click to "Activate", then on "Add".

20. daniel-vrai

daniel-vrai

Hi, can I get the URP hotfix? Thanks.

21. MarioBagnoli

MarioBagnoli

Hi , I just downloaded the latest version of enviro sky (v2.3.2). Overall, I believe the weather and time effects are working as intended.

However, I think there are some "broken" elements in the EnviroSky Sample Scene when using URP:
    • House and Terrain Materials:
    • upload_2021-4-14_11-30-8.png
    • Mssing PostProcessing Script: (Do I need Unity's post processing stack for it? )
    • upload_2021-4-14_11-31-32.png
    • Enviro Trigger for the interior light effect does not seem to be working. Does not trigger the nice light transition when you enter the house. I am not sure If I need to configure something extra on it to make it work, before (i think on v2.3.1) was already set up as default.
    • upload_2021-4-14_11-34-49.png

Working Environment: Unity v2021.1.2f1 , URP v11.0.0,
    EnviroSky Version: EnviroSky v2.3.2.

I have assigned Enviro URP Renderer in the Render List, activated "Depth" option and enabled "URP Support" in the Enviro Sky Manager of the demo scene.
    upload_2021-4-14_11-40-49.png

Am I missing a step ? Could you please advice on how to make the demo scene working as intended?

All the best
    Mario

Attached Files:

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please update Enviro through package manager. Those fixes are live now. :)

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Mario, sorry the sample scene is only setup for built-in renderpipeline at the moment. I will have a look to provide a URP one soon.

About the interior trigger: Please check the Enviro Interior Zone component and set the Trigger type to "Entry/Exit". It is wrongly set to "Zone". Haven't checked that before uploading the package. :/

MarioBagnoli likes this.
  24. MarioBagnoli

MarioBagnoli

I can confirm that changing the "Zone Trigger Type" as suggested fixes the interior trigger issue in the provided demo scene .

Thanks

25. rmon222

rmon222

Hi, I just installed Enviro so forgive the newbie question. I setup the Standard VR profile with Cloud 1 preset. I'm seeing the clouds move in the editor but they are static once I hit play. I'm using single pass, built-in rendering pipeline, 2019.4.19f. Is VR not compatible with dynamic clouds?

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you need to choose a start weather preset that also is assigned in the EnviroZone component on your Enviro Sky instance. So choose one of the VR presets here. Please also check the EnviroSky Instance -> Rendering Setup section about singlepass support if you see issues in your hmd.

Ony likes this.
  27. rmon222

rmon222

Thank you for the quick reply. I forgot to set current weather after hitting play. There are no issues in the hmd.
    We are very performance sensitive so currently our plan is to use the flat clouds. I'm looking for ways to scale performance gracefully from heavy rain to cloudy to a simple clear sky with no fog. Do you have any tips on what features we can turn on/off to gradually be more performant? Thanks,

28. daniel-vrai

daniel-vrai

I am having an issue with Enviro 2.3.2, Unity 2020.3.1.

For Vive, I am using the Unity XR Plugin Management 4.0.1, with SteamVR Plugin 2.73

I am using the Standard URP shader, I've set the Profile to 'Enviro Profile Standard VR' and set the Graphics SRP Settings as per the URP instructions in the PDF.

Before playing the view appears fine in edit mode. However the Game view and head goes black when in play mode. Its the same in a build.

I've ensured the EnviroSky Single Pass Instanced VR in Render Settings is turned on. I also checked its 'Single Passed Instanced' in the Project settings for OpenVR under the XR Plug-in Management.

I found a temporary workaround for now, but its causes issues:

If I turn off Single Pass Instanced VR in Enviro, and turn on 'Multipass Rendering' is enabled in the OpenVR setting, then I see an image. However the rain and shadows only render in one eye, and also don't render on screen. I assume performance would also be impacted.

Is there a workaround for this version of Unity and Vive while using Enviro?

Thank you

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm not sure how to answer. :D Only use the feature you really need. You can activate/deactivate features in runtime. So you could deactiavate the fog at the time you don't need it. And if you don't use the Lightshafts options you also could deactivate the Enviro Post Processing component on your camera.

30. rmon222

rmon222

That's helpful. Thank you.

Vondox likes this.
  31. NoahRock

NoahRock

Hi !
    I have just tried enviro and find it the best weather controller by far;). The light and cloud are so brilliant.
    However, I have a small issue. In the sample demo, the transition and sound system all works fine, but I can not see the raindrops or snowflakes:eek:, though I can hear it clearly.
    I followed the documentary easy set up part. Could you plz tell me is there anything I have missed?
    BTW I am using Unity2020.3.3f1c1 thanks question.png

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, those particle effects will follow the transform that you set as "Player" in Enviro. So please try to set that one to your camera too.

NoahRock likes this.
  33. NoahRock

NoahRock

Many thanks for your reply!

34. NoahRock

NoahRock

Hello, it's me again:). I have checked these settings in Enviro and it seems the "Player" setup is ok. And I can't see particle effects anywhere in the scene. Screenshot 1.png
    So I think maybe there is something preventing the particles created? Then I noticed something in the particle effects prefabs that might be the problem. Screenshot 2.png
    Screenshot 3.png All the checkboxes of these rain and snow cannot be checked and they have two or four hints for that.
    Could you tell me is this settings correct? thx

35. Vondox

Vondox

Very strange. Looks all fine and should work. Can you please try in a fresh scene. Add Enviro Sky Manager -> Create Standard Instance -> Click on Activate then Auto Assign.

36. NoahRock

NoahRock

ques.png
    Haha! Finally it works!
    I created a new instance and change the weather in the instance, then I can see the particles.
    After that I go back to the sample scene and the panel works too! Though I do not know why.:rolleyes:
    But anyway, you are the best!

Vondox likes this.
  37. Promacio

Promacio

Hello Guys,

Does anyone know how to change transition time between weather zones ? I have tried using code but it is the same result. Weather transitions in 1second and I would like to extend this time to make it more natural. Please advise.

38. knharsha

knharsha

How to integrate it with photon

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please activate the Photon integration in your Enviro Sky Manager -> Third Party section.

Then create a new gameobject in the scene where you also have Enviro and add the PhotonServerIntegration component to it.

40. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

We're mostly using the Standard Unity shaders but I take it we have to edit them to add support for Enviro volumetric fog?

I've been looking all through the documentation, but I can't find any info about support for transparency shaders. (like the standard -> Transparent or Fade).

Capture.PNG

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, we need to modify the standard shader to support enviro fog and volumetric lighting when using it in transparent pass. I already done that for some older Unity versions, but would need to know what Unity version you are using at the moment.

Otherwise you may just want to have a look into the included Enviro transparent shader. Maybe that will work already for your windows. :)

42. mukki014

mukki014

@Vondox Hi Sir. I'm using enviro lite building for an Android mobile platform for Vulkan and open gl es 3.2 api using Unity 2019.4 . So enviro works great on mobile. But I'm not seeing the tutorial or any detail about enviro seasons or dynamic puddles or growth vegetation. I think these features only available for enviro standard version? What are the difference between using enviro standard/enviro lite version using on high end mobile devices? Thank you.

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I would keep the lite version for mobiles. The extra effects that are included in full version are quite heavy to render on mobile devices and will lower your fps.

About seasons: Those are activated by default. You now could use on of the utility components to for example replace gameobject when season switches. For example: EnviroSeasonObjectSwitcher

The puddle feature was removed years ago sorry. :/

I will send you some guide to setup the vegetation growths instances in private chat.

44. buc

buc

I'm pretty happy with Enviro, especially the performance and finally someone who is looking for GC allocs.

What I couldn't solve is the following: it looks like the terrain cuts out the clouds when viewing from above the clouds down to the terrain.
    I've tried with the render queue, because this solved the problem with the water, but no luck for the terrain.
    The image shows the enviro demo scene, enviro standard most current version, and builtin render.

Enviro.PNG

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please enable the "Depth Blending" and "Bilateral Upsample" options in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category.

runningbird and buc like this.
  46. buc

buc

Thank you for this fast and helpfull answer. This did the trick.

47. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

Hey, we are using Unity 2020.3.7 LTS, and we've tried the Enviro transparent shaders, but these are missing some of the features we need (from the standard Unity shaders) and in fact, the Enviro transparent shaders seem mostly broken. They give weird artifacts(see image).

Could you recreate a package of the standard Unity shaders with Enviro Support?

Capture.PNG
    When selecting any enviro transparent shader you can see the glass isn't actually rendered and gives a weird box in the lower right corner.

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I will have a look into that this weekend!

49. ScottyDSB

ScottyDSB

Hi. I've sent an email but I'm a little bit on a hurry so I post it here too.

I contacted you some time ago for a question. Now I'm porting my game into iOS and Mac. Both have the same problems:

First, when I import last version from the Asset stores a message appears:

Exception: Critical Error: "Enviro/VolumeLight" shader is missing.
    EnviroVolumeLight.OnEnable () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroVolumeLight.cs:149)

I don't know if this message is about the Mac I'm working that can have an issue with a shader in your asset (my computer is a Macbook Air with M1 Processor).

Second: when I execute a scene with enviro it shows as you can see in the image. Both Mac and iOS. Important: Mac only when executing with a build made for Apple M1 processors. With Windows it works perfectly.

It seems clear that both iOS and Mac have the same problem. Please let me know if you need more info.

Regards.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I was about to answer your e-mail right now.

Looks like something is wrong with your enviro installation (outdated or mixed)?! The shader missing was renamed and so the code in EnviroVolumeLight script. Please remove the Enviro folder and import latest Enviro 2.3.3 in your project from asset store/package manager.

I see that you joined discord we can communicate there for any further questions.