Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. muzboz

muzboz

Thank you!

2. kgeorgia512

kgeorgia512

Hello,

Does anyone know how to make the built in stars/galaxies only appear at night? Currently no matter what settings I seem to tweak, they are still visible in daytime also.

Thanks in advance

Best regards all,

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can tweak the intensity of stars/galaxy in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky section. Just tweak teh right side of the Stars/Galaxy Intensity curves.

4. cdibbs

cdibbs

Any chance that VR support means mobile VR also, like the Quest or Quest 2? I gave it a quick initial test but I wasn't seeing usable framerates and the clouds were too far apart (between left and right eye). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Current settings:
    • Cloud quality: 8 VR_Low
    • Rendering Setup -> VR -> Uncheck single pass
    Thanks! The asset works great and looks beautiful on PC, btw.

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please use the "Enviro Lite Mobile" instance for these platforms.

6. cdibbs

cdibbs

lol. Completely overlooked it for lack of "VR" in the name. That works perfectly. Thanks!

Vondox likes this.
  7. Purumo

Purumo

@Vondox, Hey!
    I get this strange bug at Clear Sky preset in my scene.
    She begins to appear a few seconds after the start of the scene. How do I fix this?

Attached Files:

8. Purumo

Purumo

And one more thing.
    My ground and grass objects change color depending on the time of day. Where can I control this? I do not like the result at night until noon and during the day.

Attached Files:

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, haven't seen that issue yet. Can you please send me some information about your Unity Version, Render-Pipeline and Graphics API you use?

Please check those material settings and try to tweak. Contact me in private msg with the model and material/shader so I can check if you can't find a solution.

10. Purumo

Purumo

Unity 2019.4.14f1 + URP 7.3.1 + DX11 (but the project also aims at Linux).

Ok, now I'll try to do something :)

Upd: Yep, second problem was due to material settings (Base Map color), thanks!
    First problem still happens.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  11. Purumo

Purumo

@Vondox, Hello again!
    There are 2 more questions that worry me.

1) I need to be able to fly through the clouds. But my clouds are hidden behind the mesh of the ground when I look at them from above (see attachment). How do I fix this?

2) I also need to be able to adjust the quality in my project. Is there any tutorial or document where I can understand how to change ratios or something else to control performance? Or is the built-in ability to change the quality of the clouds usually enough?

Sorry if questions have already been asked!

Attached Files:

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will send you package with latest Enviro URP support scripts, maybe those will help with first issue.

You need to enable the "Depth Blending" feature in your Enviro instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds section for blending clouds with your scene objects. Volume Clouds are the most demanding feature in Enviro so setting that quality will have biggest impact.

13. Purumo

Purumo

Got it! Thanks!

Turned it on... but this is not quite what I expected :D

I will try to do a clean install of Enviro to my project, maybe it helps with something

Attached Files:

14. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, that does not look like it should look like.:D

Please contact me in private msg or even better join discord:
    https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

15. gtox

gtox

Is there a way to slow down the speed at which clouds develop? I'm not talking about the speed of the transition between weather presets, but the way the clouds move and develop. If you look at the Asian Dragon Flight test video by Rowland (posted on Jan 8), you can see that the clouds look like they are in fast-forward mode.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can set that in your EnviroSky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category. Scroll a bit down and look for the "Wind Settings" section there. Multiple settings to tweak the wind animation.

17. loconeko73

loconeko73

This is not a question, just a comment to say how happy I am with this asset. I really couldn't be bothered dealing with the weather for my project, so EnviroSky is a really good fit. For example I have some fairly unusual requirements when it comes to handling game time, so I have to deal with it myself, but a quick read of the code allowed me to set EnviroSky.instance.GameTime directly and still get 100% of the asset's functionality.
    One question I have, though: how would I go about replacing the stars with an actual NASA night sky texture ? Would it be possible for it to be accurate based on a real world position and date/time ?

18. gtox

gtox

Thanks, that works.

Vondox likes this.
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sure you could use some NASA textures instead of the included ones. For example the celestial coordinate one from this page: https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/4851 should work. Not sure about the licensing.

20. Mouledoux

Mouledoux

Hi, I just got this and basically dropped the demo profile and settings into my main scene. I set the player and the camera and it all looks great... In the editor... once I build and run, the scene gets brighter and brighter until it's just all white. Only takes about 2sec to happen once it loads.

What's causing the infinite sun? There are only point lights in the scene apart from the sun, no other direction lights.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  21. RPowers

RPowers

Will there be a fix for this? I'm running into the same thing using URP and MSAA.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, did you added the EnviroVolumeLight shader to your list of always included shaders already? (Please check the docs) Otherwise does it fix your issue when you build with volume light disabled, then I may need to have a detailed look ehy it fails on your side in builds.

Mouledoux and ITNabors like this.
  23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry don't have a great fix for that right now besides deactivating the sky fogging. I have an idea that maybe worth to try and implement, but haven't found the time yet to actually try.

24. Mouledoux

Mouledoux

Yes, I added the shader per the docs. Disabling volumetric light DID FIX IT though, so thank you. I don't need volumetric light anyway, so everything is good to go now.

Thank you for the support, great asset.

25. muzboz

muzboz

I haven't had any luck trying these techniques.

I'm not sure how to use the Enviro Interior Zone component.
    I've played around with it, but I don't understand how it works.

Q: Is there a place where the techniques for using an Interior Zone are listed somewhere?

I'm trying to make it so that I can walk out of the exterior environment (which is extremely foggy), and walk through an open doorway, and into a castle interior, and I want there to not be fog inside the building.

Ideally it would smoothly blend out over a meter or two as you moved into the castle.
    Looking into the castle should look fine to the player, and looking out from inside should see fog outside, but not inside.
    Is this possible with Enviro?

Is there a clear set of instructions to follow about how to get that to work?

I can't find anything about it in the manual.

PS: I'm using Enviro version 2.1.5, although I could upgrade my version of Enviro if needed.

Thank you!

- Murray

26. muzboz

muzboz

I have had some luck working out the Interior Zone system now.

I see that it only has an effect at runtime, which I had overlooked.

Is there a newer version of the documentation than 1.8.1 that is found online?

27. muzboz

muzboz

I'm now having trouble with the Sun & the Moon "Volumetric Lighting" shining through objects and the terrain in my scene.

I'm using Enviro 2.1.5 in Unity 2018.4.9 LTS.

Please see this video for details.

Another video of it here, showing some other even more extreme cases.

Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, latest documentation is always included in main asset folder. About your issue with the volume lighting:

Only thing that would come into my mind would be tweaking the your Unity shadow settings. That may could stop the that on most cases. However maybe consider joining our discord channel and we can have a detailed look into your scene and try to work out a solution together.

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

muzboz likes this.
  29. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

Does this work on WebGL2.0?

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version do you use at the moment? I haven't tested WebGL 2 with later Unity versions yet. But it should work.

31. ilyaz_khanMohd

ilyaz_khanMohd

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem. Can please provide me any solution for :
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\FogVolume3 Integration\EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(22,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'FogVolume' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

32. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

Update sound great! Thanks!
    Will it include a fix for the MSAA URP issue?

33. Magic73

Magic73

Hi,
    I got a strange issue with Enviro. While I'm inside the editor (but then in some case when I'm in play mode also), there is a big shadow over the terrain, but I can't figure why and where it came from.

upload_2021-2-18_10-27-39.png
    upload_2021-2-18_10-27-58.png +
    upload_2021-2-18_10-28-18.png

these screenshots are taken just rotating around at 360°.

Any idea about where this shadow came from?

34. Magic73

Magic73

mmm Sorry, about posting here. I disabled Enviro, then I created a new direct light.. and the issue is still there.
    Shadow came from terrains, but I don't understand why, since they are plane.

35. amit-chai

amit-chai

Hi, I am trying to set the enviro for URP and getting 40 errors. can you please help? upload_2021-2-18_12-32-35.png

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Project Settings -> Player -> Other Settings -> Scripting Define Symbols list and look for a fog volume 3 define here. Please remove that one if you don't have fog volume in your project.

37. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, currently have no real fix for the msaa issue with sky fog.

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that the scripts hasn't auto updated for URP. I will send you a package with latest URP support scripts now to get you up running.

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I think I've seen this before. But I am unsure how to fix it at the moment. As you noted it also can occur without Enviro. Have you already tried to move your terrain down?

40. PieterAlbers

PieterAlbers

That's too bad. Is it something specifically URP related?

41. amit-chai

amit-chai

Thanks! forgot to mention Im using 2020.2.4

42. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi Vondox, I have the exact same issue with 2020.2.4. Can I please get the updated support script as well? Thanks in advance.

43. Magic73

Magic73

Terrains are at 0 level.
    anyway if I disable the SRP Batcher from the URP Render Pipeline, the issue gone away.

:(

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, strange. I will have a look into that alter.

45. jnoffke

jnoffke

I'm using a similar VR setup, would it be possible to get this hotfix as I see this issue as well.

46. Jesus

Jesus

View attachment 797879
    I'm also having the same issues, would I be able to get a fix for it?

I'm on 2020.2.4f1

47. ShaneJK

ShaneJK

Hello! I am also having this issue trying to install enviro in URP. Can you help me update these too please? Using Unity 2019.4.21f1.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  48. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check your private msg. Sent you the package.

49. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

Nice looking asset, but the video on the Asset Store doesn't show much weather, just a little rain and, to be honest, the raid didn't look that good. Do you have more videos showcasing the weather aspect of Enviro?

50. Rowlan

Rowlan

I created a general purpose fader which allows you to fade materials on gameobjects or e. g. Enviro's time. Looks like this:

In case anyone has use for this, here's the source:

https://github.com/Roland09/Fader

dsilverthorn and Vondox like this.