Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks! I will have a look into your changes and may implement those in a future patch.

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what issues do you see? To be true I haven't tried VRTK since years.

3. spaceyjase

spaceyjase

Hey folks,

I get an error when I attempt to package the game:

Pixel sizes of texture "Enviro Directional Light : Shadow Map Render Texture (UnityEngine.RenderTexture)" (512x256) does not match the required size of 512pixels for width and 512pixels for height.

Occasionally, this is the other way around - that is, Unity complains the 512x512 render texture doesn't match the 512x256. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

- spaceyjase

edit: more info - if I disable the Auro light, the build works.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  4. N1warhead

N1warhead

@Vondox
    For some reason Ambient sounds aren't playing. I hear thunder and such from lightning, but the Ambient SFX isn't heard.

I put Ambient SFX Volume all the way to 1.
    I've tried multiple Weather Presets to no avail.

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds more like it is related to Aura and not Enviro. Maybe ask in Aura support thread.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, by default Enviro will start in winter season and all the weather presets have no ambient sounds for winter assigned. Maybe just try and increase the days to next season.

7. N1warhead

N1warhead

Oh wow, that worked! Thank you :).
    I was trying to tick the season to the one I wanted - Swear that was how it used to be. But that definitely did it mate, thank you! :)

Vondox likes this.
  8. Razputin

Razputin

At 0:35 seconds into the vid how do I stop the harsh transition of day->night? The color palette seems to do a hard switch around 18:30 hours suddenly becoming very bright again.

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, two options here. First would be activating the "Dual" light mode in your Enviro Sky instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category. You may need to start your game once or twice for Enviro to set this up for you.

Otherwise you also can try to activate the "Simple" Sun and Moon Position mode in "Sky" category. That way your night lighting will be more consistant over the year.

10. Razputin

Razputin

Thank you but neither of these achieve the effect I want.

Prior to the transition envrio directional lights rotation is roughly 0,66,0 then it snaps to 40,66,0

Anyway to stop this movement? Can't seem to find where it's doing this in the code.

Thanks!

11. alexjet1000

alexjet1000

Hi! i was curious to know if there was a predictor functionality like weather for tomorrow or something close to it?
    Thank you!

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hm the dual lighting mode should actually do the trick here. The jump in rotation is based on the change from sun to moon lighting when only using one directional light. With two lights there won't be that jump anymore.

Do you really changed the setting in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile directly, or do you changed it in profile asset in your project folder? When using the second method you still need to load in the profile settings in your Enviro Sky Object with the "Load Profile" button. Maybe give it another try.

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry not at the moment. But this is planned for a future update.

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Because of a previous video I did with Enviro and Weather Zones I got asked how I did that. So I thought I'd combine a new quick video with a script that Hendrik showed me some time ago. Basically here you see how to use Enviro Weather Zones combined with Crest Ocean Waves:

Hendrik allowed me to post the sync script, so see the attachments.

Attached Files:

rnner9000, jimmygladfelter and Vondox like this.
  15. jimmygladfelter

jimmygladfelter

Hello!

Im currently using URP with Unity 2019.4.12f1 (LTS)

I follow the instructions for getting Enviro setup with URP and it looks fine in the scene view but as soon as I click play, I dont see any volumetric clouds or effects:

Any ideas? Did I miss something maybe?

Ive been using built in for a while and recently switched to URP so I am a noob in terms of this new rendering pipeline.

16. jimmygladfelter

jimmygladfelter

I found the issue, I had to enable depth textures in the render pipeline asset:
    upload_2020-10-18_0-36-47.png

Vondox likes this.
  17. Razputin

Razputin

Dual achieves the effect of removing the harsh transition but causes other issue, multiple shadows, things staying lit at night, shadows growing/shrinking multiple times in a day ect. It would be easier for me to just remove the rotation change than fix all that I think.

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

Tried the Enviro - Crest Integration in HDRP:

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, maybe you just need to tweak the lighting color and intensity gradient/curves a little bit.

If you want to get rid of the switch between sun/moon you may want to have a look into EnviroCore.cs and search for those lines with: "Components.DirectLight.rotation"

20. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

That looks VERY nice... so Enviro is working with HDRP? I was testing out the HDR Sky lighting and now I want to try this out...

@Vondox Is the current version of Enviro working with HDRP? I have a TON of scenes to test out

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you can join HDRP beta grp in our discord channel. https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

22. Razputin

Razputin

Found it and commented it out and it's working as I wanted, thank you! :)

Vondox likes this.
  23. galman33

galman33

How can I make the fog work on transparent URP/Lit materials? Thanks!

Attached Files:

24. ProvencalG

ProvencalG

Hi. I have an issue. I'm running in Unity 2019.4.12 with URP by the way, and I disabled global reflections.
    My reflection probes bake really weirdly, it's quite random, 2% of the time I'll have a proper baking like here.

But most of the time, the probe ignore all, or some of the bottom assets and shows what I think is the skybox instead.

At first I was looking for a Unity bug but I think this may be an Enviro bug.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will send you some package with latest URP integration. Might help in your case too.

26. Comeonjoe

Comeonjoe

QQ截图20201031003406.png
    QQ截图20201031003537.png

I don't know what happened.
    As long as I get rid of the Sun Shafts I won't report a mistake but there will be no effect.

27. Razputin

Razputin

Hello,

Weather.weatherprefabs starts with a count of 0 then goes to 11. Is there a way to have it start at 11? I am using ChangeWeather on Start() when loading the game to set it to whatever it was last time the player was on.

Right now I'm waiting for the count to be > 0 before changing the weather, which works fine, just wondering if there's a better solution.

Thanks.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you have the standard version of Enviro or only Lite one? I can send you an hotfix for that issue then.

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, the lists will be populated on first frame. So best to wait one frame before trying to change the weather. For example with a coroutine.

30. Comeonjoe

Comeonjoe

I have the standard version of Enviro,but i use the lite version in my project.
    my email: joecomeon15@icloud.com
    Thank you!
    upload_2020-11-2_10-5-22.png

31. Vondox

Vondox

I have sent you a mail with the hotfix package.

32. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

My scene is entirely ocean (no land). I find that the sun is still visible at the nearest point to tthe horizon it is below, even at 1 AM.

How can I correct this?

Here is the pretty darn bright clouds and mild sun glow at about 350 degrees at 11PM.

tone

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah strange, it looks quite wrong. Can you please send me profile and weather preset in a private msg?

34. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, does anyone have an idea what could be causing my terrain to be red. If I deactivate the Enviro Directional Light The terrain is normal, but when activated the terrain turns red.

I am using up to date Enviro with HDRP.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks

image_2020-11-05_105131.png

35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Sorry, I just deleted Enviro and created it again. Doah! Its fine now

Vondox likes this.
  36. Xaron

Xaron

Hi there, just tested Enviro with Crest (both URP) a bit using latest Unity version 20201.12f1 and it looks like that:

This is a fresh project with standard settings. The only thing I've changed was to set the camera far clipping plane to 500. I had the impression this would somehow set the sky accordingly. At least the Enviro sky shows the correct (?) scale of 500 now.

What am I doing wrong?

37. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, Does anyone have an idea what is causing this Enviro Directional Light issue?

Changng direct light angle-offset changes the shadow distance but can find another setting that could be causing this.

When I zoom out or in the circlular light moves and expands.

When I am in play mode the shadows appear and disappear on the terrain.

Any ideas appreciated, thanks

It disappears when I untick the Shadow Map Enable box. But then, all shadows do.

ENVIRO.PNG

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  38. OffroadGamesStudio

OffroadGamesStudio

i use enviro in game. but lot of bad feedback from players regarding this black area

Attached Files:

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can disable that in your Enviro Sky Lite Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky category -> "Black Ground Mode".

40. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

Hi, Vondox. Were you able to find a fix for this?

tone

41. OffroadGamesStudio

OffroadGamesStudio

i am using 2.2.1. unable to find this option.

Attached Files:

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, yeah you need to update enviro. The option was added in a later update.

43. thomasg81

thomasg81

Can someone help me? My rain particles are all pink, no texture is showing

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah that is not normal. But I need some more information from you. I will write you in private conversation.

45. Ali-Nagori

Ali-Nagori

hi also want support for standard fade shaders +so many other distortion shaders

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, can you pls send me a private msg with an example shader you want to have modified?

47. bentrewhella

bentrewhella

Hi there - I'm a little confused about HDRP and pro versions - I have purchased Enviro from the Asset store and cannot find any reference to Enviro Pro searching all over the place. I cannot seem to get this version to work with HDRP (plenty of support for URP though) - can I purchase the pro version / HDRP compatible version or is this still work in progress? Many thanks

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, HDRP support is in beta testing. You can join our beta grp in our discord channel.

49. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I want to add enviro fog for uber's two sided alpha blended shader, any instructions on where should I mettle in the shader?

Or how do I make the shipped alpha blended shader to render both sides?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  50. claire_unity735

claire_unity735

Hi there
    This looks awesome but I do not seem to have downloaded everything when I did the open in Unity and now I cannot download again.
    This is all I got
    upload_2020-12-18_16-33-42.png
    Some of the other videos mention other prefabs that I do not have.
    Please help I am looking forward to getting going

thanks