Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. rachel0929

rachel0929

Just saw an earlier comment. Tweaking TAA values seem to work!

2. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox , just trying to integrate Enviro with MicroSplat but this line is not recognising installation of MicroSplat?-

Code (CSharp):
    1. #if ENVIRO_MICROSPLAT_SUPPORT
    Any idea why? (MicroSplat definitely installed)

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Enviro Sky Manager in your scene -> "Third Party Assets" section. You can activate the integration there.

Duffer123 likes this.
  4. Duffer123

Duffer123

Excellent - thanks

5. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox , is there meant to be some easy way to get Enviro Sky Manager etc in to my Scene (apart from adding a component to a blank game object). I'm sure there is but a while since I used the Asset. Bizarrely, Enviro not showing up in Menu under Tools etc? I recall that was the route you took to add in Enviro to your scene?

[Edit] - Ignore - I've found it Assets/Create/Enviro -

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  6. dead_pixel_society

dead_pixel_society

Hi there

I’m having the same problem.

Unity 2019.4 (LTS)
    URP - 7.4.1 (LTS verified)

Enviro Manager states is is Legacy’ and clicking on the ‘Activate LWRP/URP’ seems like it doesn’t work.
    I get the same errors as posted by Callum

7. Lewnatic

Lewnatic

Hello,

I deleted Aura 2 because I have not used it with enviro. But Now I am getting an error message from enviro.

upload_2020-7-19_12-42-35.png

Is there a way to remove the Aura 2 API without rebuilding my whole Enviro setup?

This is what I tried so far:
    1.) Removed Enviro
    2.) Updated Enviro to the latest version.

When Aura 2 is added to my project. Everything works fine. But I want to remove Aura2 entirely!
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  8. Artaani

Artaani

[SOLVED]

Hello.
    Is there a way to use Enviro properly in Unity 2017 LTS?

The issue with clouds and sky which is too over-bright. Manual said in that case to use "Post Processing -> Color Grading tonemapping" but there is no such feature in Unity 2017.

What to do in that case?

Also brightness of sun randomly jumps from one value to another when I move the camera, this effect present even in default demo scene. I can provide video if needed.

[UPDATE]

If someone else have this issue, I will copy Hendrik Haupt's message from Discord channel
    https://discordapp.com/channels/613738134542483457/613738335650840576/734860706796797983

"
    you can use post processing v2 with Unity 2017. For example from github (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/PostProcessing) or download with a Unity that hast package manager support and copy to your real project. (Use version <= 2.3.0) You also could use any other tonemapper pp effect, or activate the "Tonemapping" option in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Rendering Setup. But you will get better results using an dedicated tonemapping effect! Your other issue could be related to directional volumetric light. The effect will not be triggered when there are no more shadows get rendered as Unity won't call the light command that effect relies on. But this should not happen in 99% of real use cases.
    "

So in order to solve first issue I downloaded Amplify Color from Asset Store and added Amplify Color Effect component on the camera and enabled Tonemapper Filmic ACES with Exposure 0.7.

What about second issue, it exist only in editor, in build that's fine.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Vondox likes this.
  9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, could you please try following:

By clicking the "Activate LWRP/URP Support" button Enviro will add a scripting define into your project settings. Normaly after you click the button your project should recompile (indicator on bottom right). If it does not compile your project you may have to force that. So first check your Project Settings -> Player -> Scripting Define Symbols list. There should be ENVIRO_LW; ENVIRO_HD and ENVIRO_LWRP defines. Add those if missing, then check if project recompiles. If it does not you may need to force by right click some script in your project and choose "Reimport". After that your Enviro Sky Manager should show that you are using LWRP/URP now and you should be able to continue with setup.

dead_pixel_society likes this.
  10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Project Settings -> Player -> Scripting Define Symbols list. Remove the AURA define here and it should work again without aura in project.

11. hkdub

hkdub

Hi, Vondox, hope you can help.

Using Enviro Lite with Aquas Water/River Set and getting these errors on iOS. Aquas water is super washed out when the sun comes up.

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed

WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?

ERROR: Shader Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)

Shader 'Enviro/Lite/SkyboxSimple': fallback shader 'None' not found

UnloadTime: 4.321708 ms

Thanks

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you see the sky with clouds like it should? If you think that enviro parts looking normal you may want to ask this in aquas forum thread too. Also please include a "screenshot" of the issue.

13. galman33

galman33

Thanks for the response :) Is there a fix planned for the next versions? Or maybe some workaround I can implement?

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will have another look into latest plugin versions soon. For now you would need to stick with the legacy XR support in Unity.

15. schakalskopf

schakalskopf

hallo i have a little problem with the sun/moon lightshafts.

in the attachment you can see that the muzzleflash effect of the gun produced lightshafts too. how can i filter which objects interact with the lightshafts? i tried :
    -modify the layer of the particlesystem of the muzzfleflash
    -modify renderqueue of the materials of the partylesystems of the muzzfleflash and the EnviroLightShafts shader.

is there an option for this?are other information needed?

Thank you all for the time and help :)

by the way, the left side of the attachment shows lightshaft of the sun,
    but the sunset is already over.

Attached Files:

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you would need to tweak the "Treshold Color" gradients in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lightshafts settings. The included lightshafts effect is a quite simple effect that will take the direction to sun/moon and compare the pixel brightness to know where to emit shafts from. So you may want to make the gradients brighter.

schakalskopf likes this.
  17. Tony-Lovell

Tony-Lovell

What is TAA?

I am trying to get my snow particles working in a standalone build. They appear to only fill 1 5mx5m box near the center of my scene

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check what transform you have assigned as "Player" in your EnviroSky instance. Try to use your main camera transform here as weather particle effects will move with the transform assigned.

19. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

Can I use a custom skybox with your default shader? Basically I like the fact that you can see the sun, the moon and the twinkling stars, but I have a different galaxy skybox I would like to use. I've tried to load custom skybox as my selection, and the stars section is populated with your cube_enviro_stars, but I do not see the stars when changing the hour to nighttime. is this possible? Also I'm doing a VR build. When the snow is enabled it works great, but if I teleport it takes a couple of seconds for the snow to update to my new position like it's chasing me, not a big problem, but if there is a quick fix i'd like to implement it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, instead of using a custom skybox material you could just assign your galaxy cubemap in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky category. After you changed the cubemap you may also need to open your Unity lighting settings and set your skybox to "None". Enviro will regenerate the skybox material with your cubemap then.

21. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

I'll give that a shot, thank you for the speedy reply!

22. galman33

galman33

Thanks!
    I downgraded to the legacy XR support, and now I'm using Single Pass Instanced, both in player settings and in Enviro settings. (Unity 2019.3.3f1 + URP + Enviro 2.3.0)
    For some reasons the clouds are visible when I'm running inside the editor:
    upload_2020-8-4_1-29-8.png

But when I build and run it, they are invisible:
    upload_2020-8-4_1-31-29.png

(The screenshots are pretty close to what I see inside the Oculus Rift)

Do you have any idea what may cause it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check first if all your quality settings have the Enviro URP Renderer assigned. (Project Settings -> Quality).

24. galman33

galman33

upload_2020-8-4_19-56-53.png

upload_2020-8-4_19-57-58.png

And in all of the UniversalRP qualities I've got:
    upload_2020-8-4_19-59-0.png

Thanks!

Attached Files:

25. Vondox

Vondox

26. galman33

galman33

I just too realized it, but now there's something weird happening, I think that the VR works fine now, but the clouds in the non-vr app looks like this:
    upload_2020-8-4_20-16-34.png
    upload_2020-8-4_20-18-10.png

27. Vondox

Vondox

That is some undersampling and typical for raymarching, but looks very strong on your side, strange. Please check your clouds quality settings steps count and maybe raise a bit, or try the Halton Raymarch Offset option in your cloud settings together with some TAA solution. But there also will be some improvements for this in one of the next updates too.

28. Mark_01

Mark_01

Hi, is the Enviro Lite - Sky and Weather asset that is on sale now. I know this must sound like
    a stupid question, but ( you might be planing to separate the two ) ..
    I see the same files in your main asset Enviro - Sky and Weather.

So is my assumption that is it the same but included in the main package for those who might need both ?
    Thanks for all your hard work on this.

29. galman33

galman33

Thanks!
    I'm checking again everything, and it seems like the clouds are not in sync with my head movement (when I turn my head to the right, the clouds are not moving as expected), this only happens on VR..
    On non-vr apps everything looks great
    Thanks again!

Edit:
    I realized, again, that when I use the Oculus inside the editor the clouds looks fine! The problem is only on the build

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes the "full" version of Enviro also includes Enviro Lite and you can switch with one button/line of code which version you want to have active at the moment.

Mark_01 likes this.
  31. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report. I will have a detailed look on my side now and contact you in a private msg then.

32. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

When the moon is in the scene, there is somewhat of a shadow opposite of the moon that blocks the skybox and the stars from rendering. The shadow is proportionate to the scale of the moon and changes as this value is increased or decreased in the Sky category_moon size. Is there something on my end that I am doing wrong? I've intentionally overexposed the attachment in Photoshop for clarity. You can see on the right side of the image the skybox being cut by the moon. The moon is rendering correctly 180 degrees from this image. moonshadow.PNG

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm okay don't see it that on my end. What Enviro version do you use? Did you changed the moon texture?

34. ProvencalG

ProvencalG

Hi, I tried to find a demo showcasing your asset and didn't find it. Do you have one I could try?

35. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

I used the newest version and I didn't change the moon texture. The moon renders perfectly 180 degrees from this shadow on the skybox

36. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

Give me about twenty min and I'll give a step by step in the demo scene

37. Vondox

Vondox

Okay thanks. I am going to bed now, so no need to hurry. Would be great if you could send the guide or even a sample project in private msg and I will have a look into that.

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I don't have a demo for current version of Enviro right now. But I will create a new demo soon!

39. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

open demo scene
    delete : enviro sky manager
    enviro directional light
    enviro effects
    and enviro effects LW (set active = false)

create skymanager via:
    assets>create> enviro> enviro sky manager
    select create standard vr instance
    activate(instances) then auto assign (for camera and player)
    click on envirosky standard for vr (the child of enviro sky manager) and click on Time and location controls: change "time" to progress time_none
    change hours to 24
    go to category_sky
    change moon size to max (20)
    enter play mode

in scene mode double click firstpersoncharacter then click on the x axis in the top right corner in scene view. i scrolled out a bit so you can see the demo house (first uploaded image) firstimage.PNG

then pan up a little (second image)
    secondimage.PNG

disable the terrain so you can see the opposite moon
    use the directional tool in the top right corner to rotate 180 degrees. two clicks

thirdimage.PNG

I've enhanced the second image for clarity. It's very difficult to see in the images and in game, but it's very prominent in vr. secondimage2.jpg

40. Jeff_rey

Jeff_rey

you can see the lack of the skybox in the first image as well (I raised the exposure of the screenshot for clarity) firstimageraisedexposure.jpg firstimageraisedexposure2.jpg

41. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, I reproduced and fixed that issue now! I will send you an hotfix now. Tyvm for your detailed report. :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  42. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm using crest ocean standard pipeline with enviro.
    And I found the clouds cannot render before the water:
    upload_2020-8-7_17-18-33.png

I tried to set the ocean's material render before clouds, but then the whole sky get in front of water.
    upload_2020-8-7_17-19-57.png

Any solutions?

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, unfortunaly I don't have a solution from Enviro side at the moment. The clouds need the depth information to correctly blend with your scene. So transparent water assets would need to go the extra mile and modify the depth rendering to support such post effects.

valentinwinkelmann likes this.
  44. Jairusx

Jairusx

Hey, do u know how to fix this weird shadow tints and glitches?
    Thanks in advance! :)

Attached Files:

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that your house wall material is quite reflective. What you see here are the reflections from reflection probe. I would take a look into that material and tweak the metallic and smoothness to better match a brick wall.

46. FuriantMedia

FuriantMedia

I just started using Enviro and I like it so far, but I'm having an issue with the sky rendering on top of the player for some reason. Nothing else does this but Enviro stuff (sky, clouds, some lighting artifacts).

I'm using the standard renderer. Any idea what's going on?

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that looks like that your character shader renders in opaque queue but does not write to depth buffers correctly. So either change/fix the shader or change the "Render Queue" of your Material to "Transparent" (3000+).

48. Harekelas

Harekelas

Thanks for the info, now I'd like to know if enviro's fog can work with unity's standard transparency shader(transparent and fade). My character's eyebrows use fade shader, but when there is fog, the eyebrow does not recieve fog.

49. Abdulmajeed01

Abdulmajeed01

Hello, thank you for the asset.
    I am using enviro lite and I want to do some functions when it is raining. Can you please help me to find which script to edit?

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you would need to modify the standard shader for fog to work. I done that once but I would need to know what Unity version you are using. Otherwise there also a simple transparent shader included with enviro that support fog. (Enviro -> StandardAlphaBlended)