Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I will send you update 2.3.1 that will be released soon. Quite a few fixes for URP included and should fix those issues you see.

nomax5 and AhmadMcreator like this.
  2. Drimacus

Drimacus

Hi, will lightshafts work with URP 7.2.1 and VR single pass instanced rendering?

3. SonicShade

SonicShade

@Vondox I can't choose the URP in my project's graphics settings. When I open the list it's empty. I tried to import "LWRP/URP Support for Enviro Standard" but it gives me this error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Failed to import package with error: Couldn't decompress package
    2. UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:ImportPackage(String, Boolean)
    3. EnviroSkyMgrEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/Editor/EnviroSkyMgrEditor.cs:155)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Followed by a few of these:

Code (CSharp):
    1. EndLayoutGroup: BeginLayoutGroup must be called first.
    2. UnityEngine.GUILayout:EndVertical()
    3. EnviroSkyMgrEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/Editor/EnviroSkyMgrEditor.cs:158)
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Any idea how to solve this?

4. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Hi just wanted to let you know that it is working now with the update :) thank you!

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, what Unity version do you use, as I actually would need to check that.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, oh that is strange. Can you please try to import the package by hand?
    (Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Enviro Standard -> URP Support)

I also will send you link for latest version as there where quit some URP fixes.

7. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Hello

It seems the update is interfering with invectors asset as once I installed it the background in the inventory shows the sky for some reason. this never happened before. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure it myself before giving up and coming here. I am switching between ForwardRenderer and EnviroStandard URP but for some reason that did not show up :p

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, never used that asset but there may should be an extra camera that renders your inventory character preview.

Now just add the empty "Forward Renderer" as second entry in your "Universal Rendering Pipeline Asset":
    upload_2020-6-5_13-4-52.png

And in your inventoy camera you use that one instead of the enviro one:
    upload_2020-6-5_13-5-50.png

Maybe that will help?!

AhmadMcreator likes this.
  9. nomax5

nomax5

I had a flickering problem it turned out to be the near and far clipping planes on the camera, I had set them to .01 and 100,000 - when I set them to .1 and 5,000 the problem went away. apparently some GPU's have a problem with big or small numbers. might be worth a try.

AhmadMcreator likes this.
  10. nomax5

nomax5

My Question:
    I have my own Ambient sounds and would like to use them with enviro
    I see you have sfx_enviro_ambient_day & sfx_enviro_ambient_night in the SFX folder but I can't see where those are defined in the Enviro Sky Manager.
    Also I want to hav a bunch of other sounds happening at various times and triggers etc.
    For example:
    I would like to change the ambient sound when inside a building
    Have the occasional oneshot dog bark fire off with code
    and obviously give my players the facility to change the volume of the Ambient weather sounds

I do have Master Audio from the Asset Store
    If possible I would like to know how to integrate enviro with Master Audio so that all my audio is managed in the same place.

Cheers

Roy

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Roy, the ambient sounds are defined in each weather preset. You can use the "Interior Zone" component to lower volume and have different ambient sounds in some areas of your scene. More complex behaviors would need to be coded yourself.

You can change the volume of ambient and weather sounds with those lines:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.AudioSettings.ambientSFXVolume = 0f;
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.AudioSettings.weatherSFXVolume = 0f;

So hook those in your settings ui to give player the ability to change the volume.

Sorry I haven't used Master Audio asset yet. But you may need to handle all your sounds then yourself and not using Enviro for that anymore. You also could change the code in enviro but you would need to redo that on every update. So most of the time better to create your own system and use Enviro event system for that to know when weather changes and so on.

Ony likes this.
  12. nomax5

nomax5

Thanks for your response Vondox it's a big help, I have a feeling that Master Audio simply manages multiple audio sources, I'll have a fiddle and report back.

13. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Thanks that did it! :D

14. Drimacus

Drimacus

Unity 2019.3.0f6

15. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hello @Vondox I'm wondering what's coming for Enviro Pro? I've moved back to the standard pipeline and currently combining enviro and aura. Feels like it would be possible to converge on a single solution that covered enviro, aura, and fog volume feature sets - anything like that in the plans?

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, singlepass instanced should work on that version with latest Enviro that will be released in the next days. Tell me if you need download for that version now.

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, pro version currently only pallned to add HDRP support to Enviro. There are plans for a new fog system but no eta for that one yet.

18. swredcam

swredcam

I get shadows from my FPS character. It does not have any material or renderer attached to it, so I'm not sure how this is happening. Is there a setting in Enviro that can take an object out of the lighting strategy? To be clear, this is a shadow that moves with / follows my character.

19. Rowlan

Rowlan

Although one doesn't notice it usually, I'm always amazed by how important the sky and light of it is. Without Enviro half of the images would look pale.

irval ice 2.jpg
    ice 1.jpg
    toxic fire 7.jpg
    rider 4.jpg

Vondox likes this.
  20. junqing_mark

junqing_mark

Hi, Vondox, Thank you for providing this great plugin, now I have a problem in Lite version about skybox, I found when day night change and in night the skybox will have some color level like waves in sky. can you tell me how to make the color level disappear please.

Attached Files:

21. Cloudsquads

Cloudsquads

hi, having a issues in build.
    enviro standard working fine in editor, but when taking build seems no clouds, fog are shown in the scene
    Tried adding in to "always Included shaders" too, but still not appearing in the windows 10 build from unity 2018.4.22 lts
    how to fix this?

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hard to tell from here. There is no setting in Enviro as Enviro just controls a Unity directional light. You need to set shadow cast for each mesh renderer. So maybe double check if there is some mesh renderer that could possibly cast the shadow.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that's some slight banding you see here. Next update will include improved dithering at nights and may help here. Should be online next week.

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you already send that in discord, right? I already answered it there and I need some more information.

25. derkoi

derkoi

@Vondox I'm generating my terrain at runtime using the Multiplatform Runtime Level Editor from the asset store, after the terrain is generated I add Microsplat to it. Enviro is already in the scene but is no longer linked to Microsplat for rain and snow. How can I link these at runtime please?

Thanks

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the microsplat integration isn't really "linked" to microsplat. It just set some global shader variables. I would double check if your microsplat material is correctly setup when you apply it in runtime. Otherwise maybe ask Jason what we are doing wrong here. :D

27. jmdeb

jmdeb

Can't wait for it!! Any estimated release date?

28. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Hi, anyone succeeded with integrating Enviro Standard with the 'Low Poly Water GPU' asset? Is there any integration documentation or tips available to do so?

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, HDRP support is in beta testing on our discord channel. Feel free to join there and I could add you to our beta group. :)

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

Unfortunaly no release date yet.

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please feel free to join our discord and we could have a look into that together.

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

31. galman33

galman33

I've added Enviro to my project, and so far it's working great.

But I have a problem in VR mode, both "Single Pass VR" & "Single Pass Instanced VR" are checked, but the clouds seems to be not in sync with my head and not in sync between my eyes. Is there a solution for that? (I'll try to upload some pictures/videos later)

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version do you use? Do you use the legacy XR support or the new plugin based XR support?

33. galman33

galman33

Sorry, forgot to add that to my question.
    Unity 2019.3.3f1 - URP and I'm using the plugin based XR support, and it's set to Single Pass Instanced

34. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah sorry, the plugin based xr system is not really supported at the moment. Somehow Unity does not set the xr macros correctly in some cases, for example the macro for which eye currently rendering. Are you bound to the plugin based system? Otherwise please try the legacy xr system. That one should work fine in singlepass and singlepass instanced.

If that is no option I also can offer you a refund.

35. Calum

Calum

Hi there, I also I can't choose the URP in my project's graphics settings. When I go to the package to import by hand it says there's nothing to import as the assets are already in the project.

The Enviro Lite URP Renderer file is there but it cannot be added to the renderer graphics settings. It also has some errors in the inspector you can see in the image attached.

Windows 10, Unity 2019.3.12f1

Thanks for any help :)

EDIT - If I'm using too new a version of Unity I can step down if that's the problem, I don't need to use the latest ver.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, are you sure that URP is correctly installed in your project? Did you created the "Universal Render Pipeline Asset" and assigned that one? Then assign the Enviro Renderer inside that.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...versal@7.1/manual/InstallURPIntoAProject.html

37. Calum

Calum

38. Vondox

Vondox

Ah okay, yeah it should be correct then. Could you please check if your Enviro Sky Manager says that it uses "LWRP/URP"?

39. annunciation

annunciation

Is there any documentation or how-to's describing satellites? I can't find any information anywhere that tells me what XRot and YRot are or what the number in OrbitDistance means and what it affects. I've been playing around with the numbers, but I just can't make heads or tails of it. Heck, I can't even get anything to orbit the way the sun and moon do. No matter the numbers, the end result is either a satellite that doesn't move or one that spins in a circle in the sky.

Any help or pointers to help would be greatly appreciated! Even better, if the sun and moon use the same system, what are their numbers? Just knowing that would help me a lot in figuring out how to set things up :)

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I just tested and it is not working like it should at the moment. I will have a look into that now and contact you in a private message then with an hotfix.

41. Agility3Assets

Agility3Assets

Hi,
    I am using Enviro Sky and Weather v2.3.0 and I have a scene with the standard set-up with one of the 'Cloudy' presets. It seems that, by default, the clouds go through an animation sequence, evaporating and reforming over time. Is there a way to disable this sequence so that the clouds remain static during game-play? I've tried switching off all sorts of settings, e.g. 'Progress Time' = none, 'Update Weather' off, 'Wind Intensity' = 0.
    ..nothing seems to either switch off the animation or change its speed.
    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

thanks.

42. Agility3Assets

Agility3Assets

So, I managed to answer my own question! ..I found the setting under the 'Clouds' category of the Profile (see below).
    Setting the 'Cloud Time Scale' to zero fixed it - yay
    upload_2020-6-30_15-46-34.png

Vondox likes this.
  43. amynox

amynox

Hi,

i'm getting this error after upgrading Unity:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Invalid AABB inAABB
    2. UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    3. <RefreshOvertime>d__34:MoveNext() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroReflectionProbe.cs:333)
    4. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    5. EnviroReflectionProbe:RefreshReflection(Boolean) (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroReflectionProbe.cs:273)
    6. EnviroCore:UpdateReflections() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroCore.cs:1334)
    7. EnviroSky:Update() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:750)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Invalid AABB inAABB
    2. UnityEngine.Camera:Render()
    3. <RefreshOvertime>d__34:MoveNext() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroReflectionProbe.cs:333)
    4. UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
    When using Enviro (2.1.5) and Unity 2019.4.2f1.

Any help please ?

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, can you please try and update Enviro? You are using a quite old version.

amynox likes this.
  45. howieDoin

howieDoin

Could someone please lead me in the correct direction to simply get this wonderful program to work with Vive VR? To save my life, no matter what I try, orchestrate, or attempt, I can not get this to work with Vive VR. I create a simple scene in Unity consisting of a flattened Cube for a spawning point platform, I load the VRChat SDK in Unity, drag up the VRCWorld, then load Enviro, and choose the VR option, and when I choose to Build the world in the VRCSDK, all I see in the Vive headset is an extremely bright platform, and jet black every where else. That's it. Precise, detailed, step by step, intricate installation instructions are at a premium, it seems, as I can not find any detailed instruction pertaining to the VR end of this, and I followed the v2.3.1 Getting Started PDF to a "T", but still to no avail.

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

unfortunaly VRChat only supports very limited scripted assets. So there is no way to get Enviro working with VRChat at the moment.:
    https://docs.vrchat.com/docs/supported-assets

I only can offer your a refund if you bought Enviro soley for your VRChat worlds.

47. howieDoin

howieDoin

Vondox, thank you so much for responding to my question, you have put an old soul to rest. I was literally pulling my hair out wondering how to achieve the VRChat VR thing, and could find nothing. No need for a refund, as I can still continue to use your beautiful program else where. Thanks for a great software.

mmaclaurin likes this.
  48. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Hi, is it possible to have the clouds move along a certain direction? Right now they stay in the same spot, and the edges of the cloud on change. Thanks.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes! You would need to increase the "Weather Map Anim Speed" setting in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds section. Then you could set the direction by rotating the Wind Zone that is attached as child to your Enviro Sky Instance object.

Purumo likes this.
  50. rachel0929

rachel0929

Hi there!

Thank you for making this wonderful asset. It is easy to use and it just help my game look so much better!

However, I am running into an issue with particle effects not showing up in my game view and I am wondering if you can help me take a look.

When I change my weather to any of the weather that has precipitation such as snow and rain, I simply don't see the effect. I see it in my scene view, just not the game view. This happens even in the sample scene you provided.

This is what I see in scene view,
    image (1).png

But this is what is rendering in game view
    image (2).png

I am using Unity 2019.3.0, with standard 3D render pipeline.

Thank you for your help!