Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Keako

Keako

It's been a couple of years now since this was last brought up, but I am a world creator for VRChat and it has recently moved over to supporting Unity 2018.4.20f1. I bought your asset a long time ago, knowing this update would eventually come and maybe something would jostle it in to working. I have tried to get it to work today on a new map that will be outdoors and the system still comes up as a black sky, no time simulation, no post processing, nothing. Assigned main camera to player and camera and created a VR instance with singlepass rendering turned on.

Will this ever be made to work? I spent a good chunk of money on what I know is a great system, but it has been a total waste of money so far in so much that I have never been able to get it to work in the capacity that I want to use it for.

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I am sorry to hear that you have so much troubles! I actually never used VRChat and just read through their docs now and it looks like that only very few scripted assets are actually allowed/supported to be used in VRChat Worlds.
    (https://docs.vrchat.com/docs/supported-assets)

Please correct me if I understand that wrong! But if that is true I don't see a way to use Enviro here and it looks like that you are stuck with using static skies. I only could offer you a free copy of my other asset Skybox Creator so you could create some nice custom skyboxes for your worlds.

Please feel free to reach me in a private message or on enviro discord and we can have a chat to find some suitable solution here.

(https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6)

3. will_catkins

will_catkins

Hello, when I look down at the clouds in the sky, I can see the whole land or sea water rendering in front of the clouds, but in fact they are at the height of 0.

When I try to debug this problem, I find that zwrite is off in cloud shader. Is it related to this?

How to modify this problem?

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you would need to activate "Depth Blending" in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category. But currently there is no way implemented to make that work with materials that not exist in depth texture. However I some ideas to implement that, but it need quite some rewrite of clouds shaders. So won't be included in next update but it is planned.

5. will_catkins

will_catkins

Thanks~

6. claudius_I

claudius_I

hello

what is the difference between classes EnviroSky and EnviroSkyMgr?

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(int id);

how can get this int id?

thanks

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  7. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, the EnviroSkyMgr will manage your instances and forward your commands to the current active instance. Usefull if you want to use lite and full enviro in your scene.

You can get the list of your current available weather states here:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Weather.WeatherPrefabs

Do you want to change weather really without transition?
    Otherwise you should use EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeather() and that one also supports to send the name of the weather you want to change to:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeather("Clear Sky"); for example.

8. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Hi, how i can set sun appears from specific dirention. Latitude, longitude not working for me it gives me weired result.
    like i want sun appears from GameObject (rotation x=0,y=225,z=0) side.

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, unfortunaly you currently can't move the sun freely. But you can rotate the whole "Enviro Sky Manager" object to match your scene orientation.

So for example following settings should be very near to your position:

Enviro Sky Manager rotation: (0,-65,0)
    Time: 6:00 a.m.
    Lat/Long/UTC: 0

10. yaboo

yaboo

The cloud looking down from the top does not display correctly
    20200518122907.png

11. yaboo

yaboo

Each camera now displays weather effects. How do you disable one camera from rendering weather effects

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you need to enable the "Depth Blending" option in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category. There also is small bug with the lod of clouds when above them, that's why they may look less detailed, that one will be fixed in next update. Furthermore you may want to add some tonemapper in your scene postprocessing to get the best visual looks from clouds.

About weather effects:
    Do you use the "Additional Camea" component? There is an option now to create an extra st of weather effect for each camera. Otherwise you may need to setup some layer for your weather effect particle system and use that to exclude certain cameras.

13. yaboo

yaboo

no effect
    20200519003426.png

14. Vondox

Vondox

Maybe your material not writing to depth texture. Is that a terrain? What shader you are using here?

15. yaboo

yaboo

Is the terrain
    20200519010642.png

16. Vondox

Vondox

Oh you are right! It's a bug in Enviro URP support script. Currently does not set the depth blending keyword. I will fix that and send you an hotfix asap. Thanks for your report!

17. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Hi, need assistance. My final build for mobile contains enviro assets(obviously). But taking some size.
    i am using "EnviroSky Lite for Mobiles" instance. What should i do? which one i remove? or something other.
    Note: Not using clouds particle.

Editor Log
    - 9.1 mb 2.3% Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Resources/enviro_clouds_base.asset
    - 1.1 mb 0.3% Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Resources/enviro_clouds_detail_high.asset
    - 1.1 mb 0.3% Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Resources/enviro_clouds_base_low.asset

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  18. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

i rename Resources folder of Enviro Standard

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you could delete the whole "Enviro Standard" folder here if you only use the lite version.

20. Reuben20

Reuben20

Hi, I need help with Enviro in VR. Half of the screen is glowing while the other half is normal when using Enviro in VR.

Attached Files:

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, which Unity version do you use here? And what VR SDK/Single- or Multi-Pass?

22. Reuben20

Reuben20

Multi-pass, OpenVR. I'm currently using unity 2018.3.3f. Would it need to be single pass?

Update: Single pass mode works, thanks for your help

23. Vondox

Vondox

I think there is a bug in current asset store version with Multi-Pass. Will be fixed in 2.3.1. But if you can use Single-Pass you really should for better performance.

24. Reuben20

Reuben20

Yeah, I noticed a significant jump in performance, thanks for your advice.

25. CodemasterGames

CodemasterGames

Hey Vondox,

I tried to fix this issue but I couldnt find the way. What would be problem?
    I have enviro sky rendering, enviro post processing scripts,and light(spotlight) component like flashlight on camera
    Unity version: Unity 2019.2.2f1

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah that is a known issue right now. The volumetric light effect will be triggered from Unity Light Command Buffer to grab the shadow texture here. So whenever Unity decide that we don't render shadows on that light anymore it also won't execute the code anymore results in not seeing the effect anymore.

Your scene is pretty empty so it could happen quite a lot of times, but in a full scene with object it should not happen anymore.

27. kenazossou

kenazossou

Hello!! I purchased enviro for a flight scene and would like to have some informations about features.
    1. Is it possible to flight through clouds?
    2. Is it possible to set a clouds layer to a specific altitude and define its thickness?
    3. Is it possible to define multiple layers of clouds, each at a specific atitude?
    For now, I can't find find any way to achieve that.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please note that flythrough feature is still wip and should get some improvements in 2.4 update. There also is abug in current version with clouds not using correct lod when above those. That one will be fixed in 2.3.1 next week.

1.) Yes, please enable following options in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category:
    "Depth Blending", "Bilateral Upsampling" and "Halton Raymarch Offset". Then also enable Temporal - AA on your camera / Post processing layer component. That will give you best quality for flythroughs.
    2. You can set the bottom and top height of volume clouds in the "Volume Clodus Quality" presets.
    3. Sorry enviro only support one layer of volume clouds at the moment.

kenazossou likes this.
  29. Kevin_Infranea

Kevin_Infranea

Hi Vondox,

I have a very specific issue. At a certain time the snow is turning yellow (see attachment). Would you happen to know a solution for this?

Attached Files:

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the default shader assigned for the snow particles will tint the color based on directional light color. You could use another particle shader if you don't like that effect.

31. wilgieseler

wilgieseler

I am encountering issues with the volumetric clouds and the Far Clip Plane, they stutter all around.

I have my clip plane from 0.1-5000 and it does not work. It doesn't work until I set it to 0.1-500 or so, which is much too small. The weirder part is it used to work fine but I cannot figure out what I changed to break them. I've tried re-setting up Enviro, so it must be some issue with the camera settings. I am using URP.

Also, I am wondering what the proper way is to "slow down" the speed of the cloud movement. I am setting the time of day via script, which does not seem to have an effect on the cloud movement speed.

Also, are there any recommended settings to "stylize" the clouds a bit to mesh better in a low-poly aesthetic. I tried playing with the volumetric cloud settings but I'm not sure where to start.

Edit: Also, I do not see any issues with the volumetric clouds in the Scene View, which has a clip plane of 0.03-10000

Edit 2: Also, if I set the far clip plane very small, like to 5 there is a tiny version of the sky that appears and seems to flicker as well. Perhaps this is related?

Attached Files:

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the shaking of clouds in some cases in URP is a known issue and will be fixed with 2.3.1.But I can send you download link for that version now. Please send me a private message. :)

33. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

I recently updated and tried to add the newest Enviro version to a new project and had some issues I'm hoping you can help me with. I have missing scripts on the Camera and the Post Processing game objects and some warnings and errors. I can't see most of the Enviro features. Please advise and how to fix this. Enviro Svreen Shot.JPG Enviro Console Errors.JPG Enviro Missing Script on Camera.JPG Enviro Missing Script on Post Processing.JPG

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can ignore the missing scripts here as the sample scene is still setup for legacy rp. I actually will add a demo scene for URP in next update.

However please check following:

Universal Renderpipeline Assets:
    upload_2020-5-30_0-29-42.png

upload_2020-5-30_0-31-48.png
    Make sure that Depth Texture is activated here. Also do this for your other "Universal Renderpipeline Asset" used for different qualities!

And also please check the "Enviro Standard URP Renderer" if all effects are correctly assigned:
    upload_2020-5-30_0-30-36.png

chuckyluv869 likes this.
  35. chuckyluv869

chuckyluv869

The Quality Settings had the wrong Render Pipeline Asset. Thanks for the fix!

Now I have another problem. The light shafts for the sun and moon are not rendering correctly or at all unless I get at a certain angle and and then I only see the shafts partially (screenshot). The aurora is also not rendering. Please let me know how I can get them working. Enviro Lightshaft error.JPG

36. Vondox

Vondox

Okay nice! There will be some fixes for lightshafts in next update.

About aurora: Please check your weather presets -> general configs and rasie the aurora intensity slider here.

chuckyluv869 likes this.
  37. Korimaru88

Korimaru88

Hi.

Is there any way to get fog working in URP for custom transparent shaders made in shader graph?

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes please join our discord and check the third party shader channel. I have made a guide how to modify the shader to support fog on your shadergraph transparent materials.

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

Korimaru88 likes this.
  39. UnconventionalWarfare

UnconventionalWarfare

Excuse me if this was answered already, but I really couldn't find it. What are the differences between the normal and the lite versions? We're looking to switch to URP eventually and will need a weather system. We want to use the smallest viable solution, so we don't waste CPU/GPU resources on features we don't intend to use.
    On a similar note: How modular is Enviro? Can you completely turn off stuff you don't need to save performance?

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the lite version does not support volumetric rendered clouds and lighting effects. It also uses a more simpler skybox. Otherwise both versions are using the same codebase and inspector system. You actually can disable all effects you don't use to save performance. The next update 2.3.1 also will add a new blazing fast 2d cloud system to both versions. Update should roll in very shortly and I also can send you download link for it already.

Maybe start with the lite version you always can upgrade later and only pay the difference.

UnconventionalWarfare likes this.
  41. Shylos

Shylos

Could someone help me, I couldn't see an answer to the question about how to fix this error...
    Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\AQUAS Integration\EnviroAquasIntegration.cs(23,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AQUAS_LensEffects' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds like that you have the AQUAS_PRESENT scripting define symbol in your Project Settings -> Player -> "Scripting Define Symbols List" but not Aquas 1.5 in your project.

What version of Aquas do you use?

43. UnconventionalWarfare

UnconventionalWarfare

How convenient. I'll put it on the list and we'll do that once we get to the point where we'll switch to URP. Thanks for the response.

44. zaguarman

zaguarman

Hi Vondox, first I want to thank you for the hard work :)

I am trying to get some clouds under my terrain, Is that possible?
    Also, is there a way to make the clouds look more compact like the green part and less than the red one?

Thank you in advance!

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can activate the "Depth Blending" and "Bilateral Upsampling" option in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category to allow for blending with your terrain. Then only push clouds down by changing the bottom and top height in your cloud quality presets.

Hm maybe try and check the the clouds coverage and erosion settings in your weather presets.

46. WingsOfAltair

WingsOfAltair

I have a problem with EnviroSky lite on iOS.
    The rain and the collision burst raindrops are in pink after changing the lighting settings to be able to launch the game on iOS as it used to crash while loading.

EDIT: I am using two instances of EnviroSky, the standard for PC and lite for Android and iOS.
    The raindrops work fine on both PC and Android. Not for iOS, though.

Using Unity Pro 2019.3.14f1.

47. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Hello I am having trouble finding this :p how do I get there?

Attached Files:

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you use the "Mobile Lite Instance" pre-setup or the standard lite pre-setup? Both are using different shader for rain particles. Please take a look into the weather materials and try to change the shader for now. (Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Materials -> Weather) and (Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Enviro Lite -> Materials -> Weather)

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please open your "Project Settings" -> "Quality" tab. There you can find the reference for to your "Universal Render Pipeline Asset" for each quality:

upload_2020-6-2_17-29-36.png

Double click and it should open the Inspector where you can assign the "Enviro URP Renderer":

upload_2020-6-2_17-30-12.png

AhmadMcreator likes this.
  50. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Thank you it's working now :D

unityunity