Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. eaque

eaque

btw, when using lux what is the trick for the underwater background??
    Sorry for all those noob questions...
    upload_2020-4-25_17-20-14.png

2. eaque

eaque

Seems i have to lower the lightshaft radius and intensity and lower the 3d noise settings in volume lighting.
    even with that at the horizon the sun is very very powerful...

Enviro has so many settings (and we all like it) :) i should take the time to try everything...
    upload_2020-4-25_17-53-54.png
    upload_2020-4-25_17-54-34.png

3. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

since the update the currentActiveWeatherPreset is null?

EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPreset.blurDistance = Camera.main.farClipPlane;

Returns an error.

How do I set the current blur distance? Thanks :)

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that you may have no tonemapping in your scene? That already should help your for a better look.

About LUX Water: Please check the order of EnviroSkyRendering and LUX water. Try it the otherway around.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you want to set that on every frame or only on start? currentActiveWeatherPreset can be null on first frame. So please add a null check here. If you want to only set that on start you also need to delay the call with a coroutine and yield return null; Then it should work correctly.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  6. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I'd like to do it every Frame, dependent on current view distance. Thanks a lot! :)

7. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi Hendrik,

it does not work in my pc standalone 3d open rpg anymore since the update:

I changed it to

if (EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPreset != null)
    {
    EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPreset.blurDistance = Camera.main.farClipPlane;
    }

which was not necessary before, but it never does because currentActiveWeatherPreset is always null.

And there is always snow, and if I look at the sun now, my eyes drop out because it is so totally white.
    Except of that, still looks good. Very strange, any idea?

Thanks!

PS ...I had some own weather Presets before, they seem to be lost now, Maybe this has something to do with it...

8. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I added my own weather prefabs again to the filesystem and in the weather Presets list in enviro sky in the editor, now the snow has gone...that's good!

But still after the update, the sun is melting my eyes when I look at it :) The effect is good, but way too strong!

upload_2020-4-26_16-39-5.png

Any idea how to reduce this effect a lot?

9. Vondox

Vondox

Is currentActiveWeatherPreset now also set correctly? may could be related to lightshafts? Please try and reduce the intensity in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lightshafts settings.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  10. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

The lightshafts look good and not so strong, only direct sun is so strong...

11. Vondox

Vondox

And Volume Lighting? Have you checked that one already?

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  12. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Yes, it was the lightshafts. Thanks!

13. zeux-n00b

zeux-n00b

...in Blender i set up mesh planes (with planet image,..) and origin at the center of player. (So that directional light angles matches in both app and so on). But here is the problem: i need mesh planes stay exactly where they fall off from Blender to Unity, with satellite orbit functions to be off to achieve that. XRot YRot dose something else entirely...

14. Magic73

Magic73

Hi,
    In order to do Aquas 2020 integration, should I have follow the same instructions of the old Aquas asset?
    Also, for Gaia 2 integration (Gaia instructions), and CTS 2019 (CTS instructions).

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, so you want you object rendered at a fixed position`? Just assign an empty prefab in Enviro Satellites and add you obejct yourself into your scene. Now just set the layer of your object to your "Satellite" layer you choosen in Enviro Sky Instance -> Renderin Setup. That way the satellite rendering is activated but your own object would not be moved by the system.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah you need to modify the EnviroGaia script to work for latest release of Gaia Pro and Gaia 2. I also will update that in next update. :)

17. Wassabi636

Wassabi636

Hi, thanks for helping. The documentation for V2.1.0 is somewhat different for V2.3.0 When can I get an updated pdf? I'm new to Unity, so I could use as much help as possible. A YouTube video would really be nice. :) Or a quick start guide... I can get it up and running, but I cant seem to change any settings, like sun or moon brightness. Not sure how to get the clouds to work. Sky is clear. Sorry for the trouble... Using with Gaia Pro. but I don't like some things in Gaia, like stars. The stars in Enviro are much better.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will update the images in documentation in next update. But in general all the settings are still valid and in same position, only the boxes looking different now with latest update.

Please check the "Getting Started" section in the included documentation in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder to setup enviro correctly with the Enviro Sky Manager.

Maybe also consider to join our discord channel for better communication!
    https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

To change the Sun/Moon Intensity take a look in to your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category:

upload_2020-4-28_13-46-32.png

The curves and gradients here are using the sun altitude, please check the included documentation in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder -> FAQ section for more information how to work with the curves and gradients.

About clouds:

Do you changed the weather to a "cloudy" preset already? Please start your game and check the Enviro Sky Instance -> Weather Controls section. You can change the weather here.

upload_2020-4-28_13-47-18.png

Hope that helped you already and that I may see you in discord soon! :)

Attached Files:

19. PROE_

PROE_

Hi! Asset is looking awesome. How fast is it? I'm making tycoon game and would like to keep great performance. Sky will be just a small addition (and probably won't be seen 90% of the game because camera is rotated 45 degrees toward ground and only of player rotates the camera he will see the sky) so my question is it suitable for my case? I'm more interested in fog and weather effects :)
    Thanks in advance and if you could reply today it would be great! :)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah maybe just give it a try!

Next version also includes a new blazing fast 2D clouds system (Send me private message if you later want to test those). But also volume clouds could be an option here as those are rendered as post effect and as long as you don't those they have minimal performance impact and can be tweaked for high performance -> best visual quality.

The weather effects may need some tweaking as they are supposed to be used in first/third person projects. But those are Unity particle effects you are free to swap or tweak those easily.

21. Wassabi636

Wassabi636

Your fast responses are so awesome! Thank you!!! :)

22. robertandriessen

robertandriessen

Is there anything that could cause post processing not to work? I just tried it on a new project and it worked fine, but it doesnt seem to work on my project that has envirosky, I'm sure it's a nooby thing but still...

23. helgarddebarros

helgarddebarros

I am making a third person RPG, and I am using Gaia, CTS, Enviro and Sectr, and I have a few questions.

I have spent the last three weeks reading all the material about lightmapping and watched all the videos from Unity and running various options, and I am still not sure of what would work best. What sort of set-ups would be recommended? Baked indirect with light probes? The videos do a good job of explaining how everything works, but not a good job of recommending what set-ups to use for what situations. In my previous game I used realtime GI but that is being deprecated and I can't quite get my head around the lightmap set-up. In my test bakes on a small test scene I either got very bad results, or lots of warnings about overlapping UV's, or else render times that would not be feasible for a full sized game. In my small test scene, the only settings that looked OK on a 512x512 scene took 23 hours to bake, if I scale that up to the full game size of 2048 x 2048, that means it would take 1400 hours to bake (about 60 days)!!

What is everyone else doing for lightmapping and what sort of set-ups are you using?

24. will_catkins

will_catkins

Hi,i try to use Enviro with URP,but there has nothing in my "Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings"

1.jpg

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, baked gi would not really work if you are gonna using dynamic time of day here. So realtime gi would be the right solution and that would mean that you would need to stick with Unity 2019 until we got some replacement for enlighten.

helgarddebarros likes this.
  26. Vondox

Vondox

27. will_catkins

will_catkins

Thank you very much.

I would be grateful if you could give me some advice on how to see the normal display of the ocean edge at an altitude of 9000 meters.

I've tried a few of unity's water plugins, and they all look pretty at low altitudes, but there are a lot of problems with the camera at that height.

:)

28. m0ds84

m0ds84

Hi there, I'm looking to update my copy of Enviro. I have a number of scenes with it (v1.9) already implemented.

I'm a little confused. If I open my project, delete the folder and re-import, won't I lose everything Enviro related in all my scenes? Or do I just start a new blank scene and then do it?

Also, it has to be done with Unity open, right? Or not?

Just want to know how to keep my game (or rather, Enviro scene setups) intact when a deletion of entire folder is involved. Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  29. matthoadrobson

matthoadrobson

Anyone know if Cirrus clouds get colours rendered? I can't seem to get them to change colour like volume clouds: they seem to stay white. Anyone?

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, unfortunaly 1.9 is too old to update your profile and weather presets / scene setup. There where too many heavy changes inbetween. You really would need to delete whole folder and setup enviro in your scenes from scratch using the Enviro Sky Manager. Sorry. :/

31. Vondox

Vondox

You can set the colors based on sun altitude in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category. Scroll down and you will see a "Cirrus Clouds" section.

upload_2020-4-30_13-58-42.png

32. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, just playing around with Enviro & I have huge snowflakes. Should i just edit the particle system or...? Thanks

33. m0ds84

m0ds84

Okie sadly that's not going to work for me. My problems all seem to lie with the "Enviro Fog" (envirofog.cs) script, I think. Is there any way I can force this onto a camera? Basically, when I switch to a new camera, everything transfers over (clouds etc) just fine except Enviro Fog. When I attach EnviroFog.cs to a camera it gets turned off automatically when I run the scene. So my player & main camera (FPS Controller) show the fog effect but none of the other cameras do. And I'm sorry this relates to v1.9 but I'm sure you understand games can be in development for some time. I can switch the instance through code, but the problem is I'm using "Fish Eye" on my cameras and whenever Enviro Fog sits beneath that (which "switch instance" puts it underneath any other components - at runtime) I get blurred vision. If I move Enviro Fog above Fish Eye the problem goes away. But it seems like if I can just attach Enviro Fog to a camera and have it stay on I MIGHT get the result I'm looking for (which DOES work with switch instance [ChangeFocus], but sadly goes underneath Fish Eye component so blurred vision occurs). Or any other way to force fog effect onto a camera OTHER than at runtime (or at the very least, make the components that get added at runtime NOT go underneath my Fish Eye component?) Thanks!

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  34. Vondox

Vondox

What version of enviro you are using here? Those snow particle texture was changed a long time ago. But yeah you would need to set the scale of the particles in the particle system prefabs and then restart your scene to see the changes.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, I would need to dig if I could find a 1.9 version to have a look into the old code here.

Do you already tried to add the EnviroFog on your other cameras at right order and then activate the fog effect yourself in code?

36. m0ds84

m0ds84

Thanks for the quick reply. If there's a way to activate fog effect in code I can definitely give it a try, but it's not something I know how to do at this point. When I use this code: EnviroSky.instance.ChangeFocus(playerobj, thiscam);

it will always put the EnviroFog component at the bottom, underneath Fish Eye. Being v1.9 it also does that thing where there's a black screen for half a second which is why I'm looking for another method to "activate" the fog onto a camera, as mentioned, all the other effects transfer fine, just not the distant fog effect. I have no idea why EnviroFog and Fish Eye don't like each other, it seems to create a double layer when EnviroFog is below Fish Eye, but not when it's above it.

And as I say I can add the Enviro Fog effect to cameras but as soon as I hit play, something is disabling that script and trying to click it "on" to test if that's a method that could work, it is instantly turned off again (presumably by the main Enviro component).

I did just try updating to the latest version but it was just too problematic for me at this stage. But I'm happy to modify some code quite confidently if need be, or try some new code/workaround. And any future games, will use latest version lol.

EDIT: If all else fails, I can use Global Fog on the cameras, I suppose, but it behaves a bit differently to enviro's fog and some gameobjects don't seem to "react" (hidden in the fog) like they do with Enviro (which is nice!)

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  37. zeux-n00b

zeux-n00b

Hi, is there a way to bake skybox, cube maps with satellite layered prefabs along with it ?

38. Vondox

Vondox

Please join enviro discord (https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6) and contact me there. Then we can have a look to modify this behaviour to work for your project.

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry unfortunaly additional satellites currently won't be backed into the cubemap when you use the "Export Sky to Cubemap" feature. I will have a look to include these in one of the next updates.

40. derkoi

derkoi

Te latest from the asset store, I downloaded about a week ago?

41. derkoi

derkoi

upload_2020-5-2_9-18-45.png

42. zeux-n00b

zeux-n00b

Thank you, thank you,.. .However, the idea mentioned before about empty prefab and mesh planes with custom origin, did bake it, but in the bake result it was facing (or stitch) to a 6 sided cube directions and i think only player camera has to see the satellite

43. Vondox

Vondox

You may had an older version of enviro in project before? Really don't know where that big snowflakes texture comes from. However please try to tweak the "Start Size" in the Light/Heavy Snow particler system prefabs that are in included in Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Prefabs -> Particle System folder.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, I will have a look into that and try to reproduce on my side.

45. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello Hendrik,

I am working on a town down viewed game that Plays high in the sky above the Clouds.

Can I force enviro Clouds to be Always on Position.Y = -50?

And force them to be very dense and thick, so I don't need a Ground?

Thanks a lot again :)

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can set the clouds bottom and top height in your clouds quality presets. Then also activate "Depth Blending" in your cloud settings.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  47. RPowers

RPowers

Hi, I'm having trouble getting Envirosky to work well with URP 7.3.1. It mostly works but Volume Clouds and Fog do not show up in my VR camera. I don't think I've missed any steps. My renderer is all set up with Envirosky, I've set it to use single pass instanced, Volume Clouds and Fog are both checked in the settings and I can see everything fine in editor. Also if I use Single Pass or Multi Pass instead of Single Pass Instanced I get really weird glitches in my camera at runtime only if Volume Clouds or Fog is checked (see attached image). I think there's something wrong with features like Volume Clouds and Fog. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attached Files:

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what rendering mode do you use here in your Unity XR settings? Make sure to set the same in Enviro. For example you use "Single Pass" -> enable the "Single Pass" option in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Rendering Setup. If you use "SinglePass Instance" you have to enable both SinglePass options in Enviro.

Multi Pass will be fixed in next update and I could send you a package for that one.

About not showing effect:
    Please remove the "Fordward Renderer" in your UniversalScriptablePipeline Asset quality and make sure that the Enviro one is first here. Also please enable "Depth Texture".

49. RPowers

RPowers

Ah ok my problem was that Depth Texture was disabled. Turning that on in my URP asset fixed it. Thanks!

Vondox likes this.
  50. Keako

Keako

It's been a couple of years now since this was last brought up, but I am a world creator for VRChat and it has recently moved over to supporting Unity 2018.4.20f1. I bought your asset a long time ago, knowing this update would eventually come and maybe something would jostle it in to working. I have tried to get it to work today on a new map that will be outdoors and the system still comes up as a black sky, no time simulation, no post processing, nothing. Assigned main camera to player and camera and created a VR instance with singlepass rendering turned on.

Will this ever be made to work? I spent a good chunk of money on what I know is a great system, but it has been a total waste of money so far in so much that I have never been able to get it to work in the capacity that I want to use it for.