Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

No, there is no real difference between VR and standard instance. It only loads a different preconfiguration. So just work with your instance and later when you have access to a HMD set Unity to VR and may also enable "SinglePass VR" in Enviro -> "Rendering Setup" later.

2. marcatore

marcatore

@Vondox
    I have this error in console.

It seems something related with Enviro but I can't understand how to fix it.
    If it's Enviro related, have you some tips to help me?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Nevermind, it shows when the "scene" viewport is too narrow.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  3. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, thanks for that report! I will have a look into that for next update. :)

4. terpardev

terpardev

Hi! Does it work on iOS?
    These warnings popped out when I switched to iOS, and it made instances go away.

Metal: Shader[Nature/Terrain/Standard]: Incompatible texture type [MTLTextureType2D] of texture bound at index 5, expected [MTLTextureTypeCube]

Metal: Shader[Hidden/TerrainEngine/Splatmap/Standard-Base]: Incompatible texture type [MTLTextureType2D] of texture bound at index 2, expected [MTLTextureTypeCube]

Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 12.00.58 AM.png

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Project Settings -> Player. Click on the "iOS" target button above and make sure the ENVIRO_LW and ENVIRO_HD are added to the "Scripting Define Symbols" list. So just make sure that it is the same as the "Standalone" target list.

terpardev likes this.
  6. terpardev

terpardev

It worked! Thank you! :)

Vondox likes this.
  7. Tudor

Tudor

Hi, I'm also trying to do a 360 stereoscopic frames capture for a VR video of a scene using enviro sky and there's some problems.
    Left image is enviro turned off, middle is enviro turned on, and right is eviro on and 360 but without stereoscopic.
    My project is not in VR mode. All VR packages / settings are not present, there's no oculus or steam code etc.

I am using this asset to record: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/camera/360-vr-camera-capture-rig-53264 -- with it, all other postprocessing and temporal stuff and even deferred rendering, and custom shadows etc work perfectly, enviro is the only one with glitches.
    But I also tried unity's method (which works worse) from their blog: https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/01/26/stereo-360-image-and-video-capture/ -- with this method, most aforementioned effects don't work at all (including unity's own effects, and including enviro) because unity sucks! :)

In the middle image, I don't know what's wrong with the discrepancies in whiteness between top or bottom and the rest of the 360 image, or why there's those oblique lines in the atmospheric density.
    But also I see that the time is progressed differently for each picture taken. Is there a way for me to tell enviro to stop progressing the time between shots? Because I'm pretty sure the 360 recording plugin does stop the game while it is taking the pictures, so it seems enviro is using a different time tracking method. Perhaps the in-shader builtin time variable is different from deltatime? [Edit] I kinda fixed that (it appears synced between eyes now) but I can't seem to be able to tweak the clouds wind speed and they're moving a bit faster than I want..

Needless to say the scene looks perfect in the editor or game before and after I take the 360 picture.
    I tried disabling one by one various settings:
    - tried vr mode and non vr mode
    - tried disabling volume lighting and then the armospheric glitches go away, but I still want it
    - can't get rid of the jagged stitch lines between top and mid of frame. They happen when either clouds or fog are on.

Thanks for any input

LSCaptureFile_2020-02-20_16-46-29-172.jpg LSCaptureFile_2020-02-20_16-46-52-923.jpg LSCaptureFile_2020-02-20_17-09-01-095.jpg

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry, but I can't get that asset to work at all on my side. When I look at your screenshots it also looks like that it won't be compatible with enviro at all.

Please try following package to record your 360 stereo videos:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/video/video-capture-75653

upload_2020-2-24_17-0-1.png

That one works for me without any issues, but you would need to buy the pro version to remove the watermark. Also feel free to join enviro discord channel for better communication!

Tudor likes this.
  9. Tudor

Tudor

Alright, good to know that one works!
    I did get enviro to work but just without any volumetric stuff.
    LSCaptureFile_2020-02-24_15-02-40-644_000299.jpg
    But yeah I'll try the other one.

10. Davide1104

Davide1104

Could you make a simple downloadable demo for MacOS with fps and fly through ?
    thanks

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I don't have a mac here to create such a demo. :/

12. Davide1104

Davide1104

ok but at least for windows ?

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check your conversations here in forums. I send you an evaluation package for you to test. :)

14. Davide1104

Davide1104

ok Thank you very much :)

15. eblumrich

eblumrich

Hi- having an issue with satellites:

When I add one- no matter what I do to the "orbit distance" or rotation settings, when I hit "Play" the new satellite snaps to a set point BELOW my terrain, and orbits in a tiny circle, never breaking the surface.

What would be causing this?

upload_2020-2-28_18-59-48.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, unfortunaly I could not reproduce that behavior on my side. Can you please quickly try to add a satellite in enviro sample scene? Also when you are in play mode and change the settings of the satellite you should see the changes live in your game view. Otherwise please join enviro discord and we can have a detailed look into your setup.

17. danteswap

danteswap

Hello Guys I am Having some Problems using Enviro Lite With GPU Instancer So the Problem Is That I Have GPU Instancer Enabled In My Scene And When I Activate enviro Lite In Scene And Play The scene All The Trees And Grass Dissapears And I Can Only See Their Shadows And When i Move My Camera Close To The Terrain Or The Shadow Of The Tree Then I Can See The Grass At That Perticular Location Only . When I Deactivate Enviro Lite And Then Play The Scene Then EveryThing Becomes Normal Ans All Tree And Grass Are Visible Now. So Can Anyone Help Me On How To Fix This Issue

18. Barritico

Barritico

I have a problem that has suddenly come up. It had never happened to me and I can't find similar cases.

In one scene, in the lighting tab, I have chosen a material for the skybox. (Imagene attach)
    When I deactivate that scene to work on another and activate it again, the sky disappears. (Imagene attach)

I have reinstalled Unity (version 2019.2.20f1), I have generated lights ... and nothing.

I worry that it has happened surprisingly. I don't remember doing anything that caused this problem (or install or uninstall new plugins, assets, ...)

Enviro version 2.2.1a

I pray help.
    Thank you.

SKYBOX_NO.png SKYBOX_YES.png

19. Tudor

Tudor

Actually the stereo is pretty bad with RockVR (attached a photo. it's bad on everything up close, and on the trees) :< And it doesn't look like they're supporting it in the forums any more. I think I'm stuck with my old asset: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/camera/360-vr-camera-capture-rig-53264 and then use rock vr https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/video/video-capture-75653 just to record the sky on a separate layer and composite them later :< Which means it'll be some work to get any kind of volumetric fog or cloud shadows on the ground using layers and compositing... :)

If only we could have a proper 360 recording method ffs... And btw in case anyone is wondering, Unreal has very similar problems with their 360 stereo recording. But clearly it can be done so idk wtf..

Attached Files:

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you would need to set the Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky category -> "SkyMode" to "Custom Skybox".

Barritico likes this.
  21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I never used GPU Instancer yet. So not really sure what is happening here on your side. Could you maybe join discord? We may need to have a detailed look into your setup here.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, oh sorry to hear. I actually have not checked the video in my hmd yet. There is one more asset that is used by enviro customers to record 360 vr videos that may also could be working for your usecase. But it is a payed one too.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-vr-panorama-render-360-stereo-videos.336086/

Tudor likes this.
  23. Barritico

Barritico

Works.
    Thanks!!!

24. danteswap

danteswap

Hi I have Just Joined Your Server Please direct Me On What To Do Next My Name is JJDSG On Discord

25. Vondox

Vondox

Uploaded Enviro 2.3.0 today!

26. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Does Update make sense for a miniature car racer on pc and android which uses enviro for weather and lighting, most time Looking upwards down? Performance is important here...

Thanks

27. Barritico

Barritico

Hello again.

In edition, your solution has worked perfectly.

I have three scenes and they all have the same parameters (reviewed one by one).

I use CTS and Vegetation Studio Pro in all three.

When doing the "standalone" build for PC, two scenes come out perfectly while the third one appears without sky. You can also see a tremendous drop in SPF.

In the console of the editor I do not get any error that can give me some clue.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you.

SCENE2_OK.png SCENE1_OK.png SCENE3_BAD.png

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please take a look into the player log and send it to me in a private conversation here. Could be already fixed in enviro 2.3.0.

Barritico likes this.
  29. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

Quick question, can enviro render overtop of my mountain skybox?

30. jh092

jh092

Hi Vondox, just wanted to check something with you. I was trying to prevent rain coming through the roof inside buildings. I followed your post

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-29#post-3298465

And that worked fine. I ended up using a different approach though. I left everything as default values, but set the "Triggers" on the particle effects, specifically setting the "Enter" trigger to "Kill". I added all my colliders where I'm indoors (eg. building collider, garage collider) and that seems to have done the trick. Do you see any issues with this approach?

kill-trigger.png

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can use your own skyboxes too. But you would need to edit the shader to use the enviro skybox and own cubemap at the same time. I already done that for some customers, so you can send me a message and we can add that feature for you.

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, looks good to me!

33. Barritico

Barritico

I found it.

It gave an error when finding the audio. I ignore the reason. I think it was something with the integration with the CTS

I deleted everything, reinstalled, I created a new instance and it no longer gives problems.

Thanks for your quick help.

Vondox likes this.
  34. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Hi @Vondox, is there a way to pause all clouds in EnviroSky? Even the ray marched ones?

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah you can set the "Clouds Time Scale" to zero and clouds will be frozen.

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.CloudSettings.cloudsTimeScale

jasperstocker likes this.
  36. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

37. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello Hendrik,

since the update I got this Errors:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.DayLengthInMinutes = 16f;
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.NightLengthInMinutes = 16f;

Fehler CS1061 "EnviroTime" enthält keine Definition für "NightLengthInMinutes", und es konnte keine zugängliche NightLengthInMinutes-Erweiterungsmethode gefunden werden, die ein erstes Argument vom Typ "EnviroTime" akzeptiert (möglicherweise fehlt eine using-Direktive oder ein Assemblyverweis). Assembly-CSharp C:\Unity\Pocket Race Manager\Assets\Scripts\GameManager.cs
    Fehler CS1061 "EnviroTime" enthält keine Definition für "DayLengthInMinutes", und es konnte keine zugängliche DayLengthInMinutes-Erweiterungsmethode gefunden werden, die ein erstes Argument vom Typ "EnviroTime" akzeptiert (möglicherweise fehlt eine using-Direktive oder ein Assemblyverweis). Assembly-CSharp C:\Unity\Pocket Race Manager\Assets\Scripts\GameManager.cs

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, that part has changed in 2.3.0.

Change your both lines to:
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.cycleLengthInMinutes = 16f;

You also can add a speed modifier to increase/decrease speed of time progression with thos two settings:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.dayLengthModifier
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.nightLengthModifier

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  39. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

40. Chris_Chong

Chris_Chong

Is it possible to control the time of day by rotating a cube?

EDIT: I have successfully controlled the time slider which comes with Enviro by rotating a cube. However, because it's controlling a slider instead of a loop the time just forwards until midnight then reverses and visa versa.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  41. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello guys! We want to invite you our new teaser of The End of the Sun game announcing Kickstarter campaign where we use Enviro-Dynamic Sky and Weather :)
    If you are interested in, add your email here. https://www.endofsun.com/crowdfunding/

KRGraphics and Vondox like this.
  42. Tudor

Tudor

I swear I tried 5 vr recording things and never found "VRPanorama" - it looks good because it's one of the very few who seem to still be supported, the others have dead forum threads. I also tried Helios but the devs stopped answering years ago and it has stitching lines but otherwise works...

Thanks, I'll try VRPanorama.

Vondox likes this.
  43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you would need to remap the rotation angle in range of the 24h time of day. For example something like the component attached. Time of Day is now bound to the y-rotation of a transform.

Attached Files:

44. Chris_Chong

Chris_Chong

Thanks man you're my hero!

Vondox likes this.
  45. Rowlan

Rowlan

Using Enviro HDRP:

enviro 1.jpg
    enviro 2.jpg
    enviro 3.jpg
    enviro 4.jpg

KRGraphics, Firlefanz73 and Vondox like this.
  46. OtherWorldVoyager

OtherWorldVoyager

I am interested in just using the day and night cycle in 1 project without the weather. Is there a way to do this?

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sure you can disable weather changes and only use one preset.

48. mgrieci

mgrieci

Hi - We would like to use Enviro with URP. I clicked on Import LWRP/URP Support for Enviro Standard. The text now says to assign the "Enviro URP Renderer" to my URP quality settings as custom renderer... cant find that anywhere! Can you please let me know where that is?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please take a look in included documentation (Enviro - Sky and Weather folder). You need to set the Enviro URP Renderer in your "Scriptable Render Pipeline Settings". You can open those for example through Project Settings -> Graphics.

50. mgrieci

mgrieci

Thank you for the quick response sir.

So I imported the URP Support for Enviro Standard. The progress bar looked as if the import was working, but in the Scriptable Render Pipleline Settings I only have two options... URP, or None. I should see Enviro here now, right?

upload_2020-3-5_17-26-8.png