Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, this should work:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class EnviroMinutePassedHandler : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     public EnviroEvents.EnviroActionEvent onMinutePassedActions = new EnviroEvents.EnviroActionEvent();
    8.     public delegate void MinutePassed();
    9.     public event MinutePassed OnMinutePassed;
    11.     private int cashedMinute;
    13.     public virtual void NotifyMinutePassed()
    14.     {
    15.         if (OnMinutePassed != null)
    16.             OnMinutePassed();
    17.     }
    20.     private void Start()
    21.     {
    22.         OnMinutePassed += () => MinutesPassed();
    23.         cashedMinute = EnviroSkyMgr.instance.GetCurrentMinute();
    24.     }
    26.     private void Update()
    27.     {
    28.         int currentMinute = EnviroSkyMgr.instance.GetCurrentMinute();
    30.         if (currentMinute != cashedMinute)
    31.         {
    32.             //Minute Passed event
    33.             NotifyMinutePassed();
    34.             cashedMinute = currentMinute;
    35.         }
    36.     }
    38.     private void MinutesPassed()
    39.     {
    40.         onMinutePassedActions.Invoke();
    41.     }
    42. }
    This way you can listen to event like this:

minuteHandler.OnMinutePassed += () => {

help(.05f);

};

Or add actions directly in component inspector.

2. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

So whats the new big upgrade supposed to do?! :)

3. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Hi @Vondox - great asset!!
    Quick query with something I'm trying to do. I'm capturing a video in Unity and at certain points I'm waiting for the level parts to load in so there can be 20-30 second gaps between actually rendering each frame into a video file. During this time the clouds move (as they should) so I've disabled the wind during this process and set the cloudsTimeScale to zero however the clouds still undulate in place as the get bigger/smaller. Is there something else I could do to effectively freeze the clouds which I'm capturing video? Thanks

4. Vondox

Vondox

The next update will include improvements all over the features. Improved performance, improved dithering, cleaner UI new optional multi gradient based skybox and so on. Main work was done for upcoming HDRP support, where I will release a new beta version soon. Just awaiting release for HDRP 7.2. If all goes well I will upload Enviro - Pro upgrade to asset store next week. So no big new features but a lot of improvements and fixes for standard and lwrp/urp render pipeline and work done for HDRP support..

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you use latest version of enviro? In latest version clouds should be freezed if "Time scale" is set to zero.

6. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I just saw you published a Video Skybox Creator.
    No upgrade discount for current Enviro owners? :(

7. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Need Urgent Help,
    black area on ios.
    device iphone 6s plus
    seeing black area when a specific season is came. when season is changed the black area is gone.as far i know its related to specific season. which i dont know :). Please see this video for issue.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have added a 10$ discount for enviro users for now. This may will change in future and price from Skybox Creator also will raise later when new features implemented.

EDIT:
    Okay, I only can set upgrade as "Major Upgrade". But that way reviews and ratings are transferred from Enviro. I think that is misleading and not a good solution for this.
    I will have a chat with Unity Asset Store team later if there is another way. So no discout for now, sorry.. :/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    atomicjoe likes this.
  9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, oh I haven't seen something like that yet. What version of enviro do you use? Are you sure it really is bound to season and not weather maybe?

10. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Version = 2.2.1a

11. Vondox

Vondox

Do you use lite or standard?

12. jasperstocker

jasperstocker

Thanks for your response! :D
    I had a go at updating but that didn't fix the issue.
    Then I noticed the "flatCloudsMorphingSpeed" variable...
    Setting that to zero stopped the clouds undulating effect (nice effect btw!)
    Sorted!

13. DeidreRae

DeidreRae

So been using enviro past 6 months its amazing. Getting to a point our game is ready for an alpha in the next month WOHOO! Alas.. I seem to have very bright days that i wished would change as they cast some aweful shadows at most Daylight hours on our characters face. Can anyone point me in a direction to possibly aid in this? Thank you

14. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Check this

Attached Files:

15. abenoit-sip

abenoit-sip

Hello Vendox,

I am having an issue with a night/day cycle.
    The idea is to change the time in a single scene.
    First is early morning with a low sun : the player races through the forest for about 20 seconds.
    upload_2020-2-7_15-27-18.png
    Then I have a 2D image pop up for a couple of seconds which allows me to change time and profiles without having to worry about transitions.
    Then I go to midday.
    Same thing for sunset, dusk and finally night.
    My issue is when I go back to early morning my ambient light is the same as the night before so the shadows are way too dark :
    upload_2020-2-7_15-31-56.png
    You can reproduce this quickly in the enviro sky profile :
    upload_2020-2-7_15-34-29.png
    Set the time to 8. Press play.
    Set the time to 12. Release the cursor and go back to 8.
    Everything should be fine.
    Now set the time to 21, and go back to 8, it feels like the ambient is "stuck" at night.
    Any idea on what I am doing wrong ?

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you use skybox ambient mode here? Please try and call DynamicGI.UpdateEnvironment(); when you set time back to early morning. I will have a look why it should stuck in this case for next update.

Thanks. :)

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting and decrease the right half of "Direct Light Sun Intensity".

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

I toyed around with various assets during the weekend, one of the core was Enviro, so here is a little showcase of them all working together:

:)

19. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Impressive! (although something seems wrong with the rotation axis of that car.)
    Looks like AAA to me.
    What hardware were you running that on?

20. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you :) Yeah, that's one of the next things I'm looking into. Here's a pic regarding hardware. I didn't optimize anything yet.

hw.jpg

KRGraphics and atomicjoe like this.
  21. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hello,

Id like to know if its possible to extend the duration of the sun setting down, currently DayLengthInMinutes is 25 and NightLengthInMinutes is 15, but when its 18:30 the sun is already down and I can see moon, is it possible to make the sun go down at around 20:30 ?

I start the game at 10AM and after about 6-7 minutes you can already see it going dark.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you could change the location (lat/long/time offset) and maybe also date (summer) for longer sunlight times.

skinwalker likes this.
  23. SKNKanimation

SKNKanimation

Having a little bit of an issue compiling in GLES3 on Unity 2019.2.20. Any suggestions on how to fix this one? I'm not going to be using it on the Android build, but it's still in the program for the Windows version (which works fine.)

Android compile gives me:

Shader error in 'Hidden/EnviroDistanceBlur': Output variable vert contains a system-interpreted value (SV_RenderTargetArrayIndex) which must be written in every execution path of the shader. Unconditional initialization may help. at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroBlurCore.cginc(165) (on gles3)
    Compiling Vertex program with STEREO_INSTANCING_ON UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

24. SKNKanimation

SKNKanimation

I'm not really sure if this is a good solution, but to get it to compile I was able to change line 167 in EnviroBlurCore from
    v2f_img o;
    to
    v2f_img o = (v2f_img)0;
    And it compiled. This may very well break the Windows build or something; I don't know. I've been programming for years and shader code is still beyond me.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, thanks for your report. That one should be fixed in next update already, but I will give it another try and build for android later. :)

26. jayeshK

jayeshK

Hello sir,
    I am trying to build URP project with steamvr plugin. I have followed the step as per Documentation 2.0. I m able to see the effect in editor. But as soon as i build the project, I get black screen when i start the built EXE. Probably i m missing something. I couldnt Find Enviro/VolumeLighting, Instead I found Enviro/Standard/VolumeLighting. I added it to graphics setting as per guide.

Kindly find the following log that i get for multiple times .

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.LWRP.EnviroVolumeCloudsLWRP.AddRenderPasses (UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ScriptableRenderer renderer, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) [0x000c9] in <e43515a7e8054d7f8dc1407497881ef6>:0
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.ForwardRenderer.Setup (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.RenderingData& renderingData) [0x00201] in <5b1b94c7d9a54d5b8d7a6b02dd7482ba>:0
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera camera) [0x000e6] in <5b1b94c7d9a54d5b8d7a6b02dd7482ba>:0
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) [0x00040] in <5b1b94c7d9a54d5b8d7a6b02dd7482ba>:0
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) [0x0001c] in <81f8687028fe45258b35a0e4d1b5fd5a>:0
    at UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, System.IntPtr loopPtr) [0x0003d] in <81f8687028fe45258b35a0e4d1b5fd5a>:0

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please join discord and contact me there for beta role to download preview patches. I think that one should be fixed already in preview update and will be soon released.

28. bartek0403

bartek0403

Hi, I'm trying to integrate Enviro with my existing project, but I come across a strange bug. I'm having double sided image when the camera (with EnviroSkyRenderer enebled) meets point light. When I disable EnviroSkyRenderer or move point light away from view frustum everything is normal. I suppose it can be connected with Deffered Lighting.
    I tried to search the thread but found nothing similar.
    Below my spec with screenshot.
    Unity 2019.3
    Enviro 2.2.1 with Sky Manager VR Instance (VR Singlepass checkbox enabled)
    Singlepass VR
    Deffered lighting

First screen EnviroSkyRenderer enabled, second disabled.

Attached Files:

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to deactivate "Volumetric Lighting" in Enviro "Feature Controls". I will have a look into that and include a fix then for next update. Thanks. :)

30. bartek0403

bartek0403

Thanks for quick answer, I tried recreating issue on clean project - no success. So it must be issue on my side. Probably due to "Shader Keyword limit exceeded", but I will keep investigating. I will update post for future generations if I find solution :D Sorry for bothering you

31. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I just updated to the latest Enviro Version.
    Where did These go, I get an error after the update:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Components.GlobalReflectionProbe.hdr

And are there QualitySettings for EnviroSkyMgr now somewhere or will be in the next update?

Thanks a lot :)

PS: And how do I turn off the Enviro Camera HDR Flag with EnviroSkyMgr.instance?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I think I was able to reproduce that issue in Unity 2019.3.0f6. Please contact me in discord and I can send you a fixed package.

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can change the HDR setting of the probe here:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Components.GlobalReflectionProbe.myProbe.hdr

I will add both HDR and QualitySettings in next update. Should be released next week.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  34. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

35. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

When Building, I get an error (PC Standalone, Unity 2019.3.1f1, latest Enviro from store):

Error building Player: Shader error in 'Enviro/Lite/EnviroFogRendering': undeclared identifier '_SkyFogHeight' at line 135 (on d3d11)
    Compiling Vertex program with LUXWATER_DEFERREDFOG
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING

How do I fix it? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  36. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check your conversation. I send you a package with a fix.

Edit: Error was caused by old shader that was lying around in project. It should not appear on fresh import.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Firlefanz73 likes this.
  37. MintIsHere

MintIsHere

hi !
    i will buy Enviro soon…
    Enviro work with game kit controller ?

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I haven't used that particulal asset yet, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with enviro. :)

39. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey, guys... it's been a while since I've been on here... wanted to know what are the latest developments of this asset. I will be moving to more powerful hardware and I wanted to know if the sun could have its Dynamic range set? Like the actual sun intensity affecting the entire scene. And will this work with RTX On? For my upcoming project, I am intent on using Real-time raytracing with sky lighting

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, currently focusing on releasing support for HDRP. Join discord if you want ot test the preview version! I haven't tested raytracing yet. Sorry, can't you tell how well that works already.

41. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Sweet... and what is this sky baking I was reading about?

EDIT:

Export to HDR Cubemap:
    Enviro can render your sky in insane quality and export to a .exr hdr cubemap you can use in other projects where you don't need dynamic skies.

I LOVE the sound of this!! Just need to ensure that the sky is outputting full HDR values... hence why I hope to test this feature in conjunction with RTX Raytracing. Also, need to find out about lighting in clouds and bolts...

I can also use the export to cubemap feature to swap out the sky for interior levels to save on performance...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  42. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, unfortunaly small bug in that feature in current version of asset store where the sky export not using correct render texture format for full hdr. Already fixed for next update and also in preview version that you can test when joining discord. So just join and give it a try. :D

43. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

Urgent Help :
    Night sound playing before night came. In other words night sound playing in day.
    Days In Year = 365
    Day Length In Min = 10
    Night Length In Min = 5
    Day Night Switch =0.7

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, just reduce the Day-Night Switch value. Default is 0.45.

45. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Hi

My rain suddenly started falling to the side instead of down.. Is there even a way to decide the direction of the rain? I deleted the files and re-downloaded it and it still has the same bug

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, could be related to an additional wind zone in your scene. Please check that first. Otherwise you also can reduce the influence from windzones in weather effect particle prefabs. (Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Prefabs -> Particle Effects.) Changes in those need a restart of your game to show up.

AhmadMcreator likes this.
  47. MianWaqqas

MianWaqqas

thank you

48. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Thanks for the sale, Vondox! :)

49. secondsight_

secondsight_

Hey there,
    I need to setup a VR scene without having a VR set. :(
    So, is it possible to setup all weather presets and then later switch to VR ?
    If so, would I have to add a VR SkyManger and load my presents ? Or can I use the standard manager and change this one to VR somehow ?

Thanks !

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you can switch to VR later. Only difference in VR to standard setup is the preconfiguration. For example the scale of weather particle effects and the quality settings. (Use one of the VR quality modes to start with).

unityunity