Search Unity

1. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Help us improve the editor usability and artist workflows. Join our discussion to provide your feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] EmpireAssets: Save Game Free

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by EmpireWorld1393, Feb 22, 2017.

1. EmpireWorld1393

EmpireWorld1393

Easiest Way to Save your game for Free!

Save your player data and load it easily at lightning speed and securely.

Built-in Serializers:
    • JSON Serializer (Recommended)
    • Binary Serializer
    • XML Serializer (Added in Update 1.5.6)
    Features:
    • Cross Platform Support (PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Tizen)
    • Easy to Use
    • Free to Use
    • Simple but Powerful
    • Code Comments
    • Built-in JSON and Binary Serializer with encryption for security
    Get it from here:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/81519

If you have any issues say it here or file it at https://github.com/EmpireAssets/SaveGameFree/issues
    Any contributor are welcome.
    https://github.com/EmpireAssets/SaveGameFree

If you like it Write a Review for it or post a reply here.

Follow Us

Twitter (Hasan Bayat)

Facebook

Slack

Gitter

Google Plus

Google Group

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. Ruchir

Ruchir

3. EmpireWorld1393

EmpireWorld1393

Hi Ruchir.
    Currently Save Game Free does not supports any other unserializable types like Unity Types.
    You have two choices:
    1. You can create a custom type from unity types and make them serializable. like Vector3 you can replace it your own MyVector3 class and make it serializable.
    2. You can wait for Save Game Pro get released on Unity Asset Store. it can save and serialize everything you need. Visit our development board
    Also i'm going to add more supported types to Serializer Free, it currently only supports Serializable types.

Thanks.
    Kind Regards.

4. EmpireWorld1393

EmpireWorld1393

5. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Hi, if let say I already call the initialize at main menu scene, do I need to initialize again after I switch to gameplay scene?

6. EmpireWorld1393

EmpireWorld1393

Hi.

No, there is no need to reinitialize the Save Game Free after scene loading, because Save Game Free uses static properties and methods to save it's state in the game and it is not relates to the scene loading.
    Be easy, just call Saver.Initialize(); once as you need as where you want. :)

Thanks.

7. TeohRIK

TeohRIK

Ok, thanks!

8. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Sorry for the newbie, possibly naive question... what are the differences/advantages of using this over PlayerPrefs?

Cloud Save is an obvious difference, but doesn't that add with it additional problems, like requiring a network connection and syncing current save state across different devices... Does the asset handle all that?

9. EmpireWorld1393

EmpireWorld1393

Hi.

This is good question.

By using Save Game Free you will be able to save your game data in different formats (Binary, JSON, XML) with encryption, so no one will be able to modify saved values, also save game free can save complex classes that marked as serializable, also in the Gold Update you will be able to save Vector3, Quaternion, Mesh, ...

Also in the Gold Update you can save your game data to your web server or cloud server.

The Save Game Free just saves the data you need in the Web Server and all you need is to do naming identifiers to be able to sync data across platforms. (it is easy to implement by using Save Game Free)

This asset only handles it's own part, "Saving data".

PlayerPrefs just saves some simple data types that they can be easily cheated, but if you are looking for a cross-platform, secure and web save system, this is good choice.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks.

10. jeromeWork

jeromeWork

Thanks for the super fast and informative reply. Definitely a sign of a good asset :)

EmpireWorld1393 likes this.
  11. vorora

vorora

Hello. I have a few questions after trying the asset. (I only used PlayerPref for my old games, so this is quite new to me.)

- By default API 'SaveGame.Save<Type> ( "xxx", xxx);', it will save as Binary format, correct?
    - If I want to save as other formats, I have to drag prefab 'Serializer Dropdown' to the scene and select the format I want, right?

12. EmpireWorld1393

EmpireWorld1393

Hi.

No, The default format is JSON.

No, You can change the format using SaveGame.Serializer = new SaveGameBinarySerializer ();, you can use serializers that exists in BayatGames.SaveGameFree.Serializers namespace.

Any further questions are welcome.

Please use my email address for faster response: hasanbayat1393@gmail.com

Thanks

vorora likes this.
  13. vorora

vorora

Thank you very much.