Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Lelon

Lelon

Hi, I purchased this asset, however I was wondering if there is a way I can use the A* pathfinding instead of navmesh? I have a dynamic procedural terrain, and A* pathfinding is faster.
    I just started using this asset and I still don't know how it works, but it would be awesome if we can get A* pathfinding support as well.
    This is the A* pathfinding that I'm referring to http://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/index.php it's the most popular one that everyone uses. Thank you.

Avedis likes this.
  2. MrGky93

MrGky93

He dont anwser see my question last week or last year

3. BHS

BHS

It might be possible right now. You could try calling the Flee() function when you want an animal to flee from a bullet fire. You can also try calling the ReturnBackToStartingPoint() function. We have plans, with our next version, to fully implement some type of function that users can call to send predators or prey fleeing for things like bullets firing, bullets hitting near an animal, bullets hitting the animal, etc.

We are adding mecanim support with our next version.

Implementation is easily possible and we already have a few customers that have used our system with pathfinding. They said it was pretty easy to switch.

With our next update, we plan on adding pathfinding support.

MrGky93, Lelon and TRoNDaNeflin like this.
  4. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

It's been a little while since we have posted an update.

We are currently working hard on Emerald version 1.2, now that we have finished our update with UniStorm (which if you haven't heard we combined UniStorm Desktop and UniStorm Mobile while keeping the same price)

Here's a list of things that we are working on and that we plan to have done for Emerald 1.2:

Emerald 1.2:
    Mecanim Support (This will be an on going process)
    * Pathfinding Support (This will be an on going process)
    * Issue found and fixed regarding UFPS and hit inconsistencies (UFPS now works flawlessly)
    * Injured System. This will be a function that can be called when the animal has reached a certain health amount. This amount can be set via the Editor.
    * Population System to help balance wildlife and certain animals from overpopulating your ecosystems.
    * Mating System (This will be an on going process) This will allow animals to mate. This can be procedurally generated using Emerald and wild animals. Our other option will be manually handled by users (similar to MineCraft) where players can trigger two animals of the same type to breed. All this will use the Population System to insure that no animal over populates your ecosystem. The Population System entirely customizeable.
    * When 2 animals breed it will spawn a miniature version of that animal. That animal, over a given period of time, will then transition into a full sized animal of that type. (There is also discussion of there being randomized sizes for animals. If this is a desired feature, please let us know.)
    * Follow System. The Follow function allows the use of a tag which allows the animals to follow the leader (the Follow Tag object). This can be a certain food or object (like in minecraft) or a set permanent system for something like a companion (Dog, Pet, etc).
    * There are plans to have companions attack predators or other threats to protect their leader.
    * Improved Flee System for things like gun shots, loud noises, etc.
    * More animation support for things like sleep, waiting, eating, etc.
    * When an animal is injured it affects things like speed.
    * If an animal falls too far behind from its herd/pack (whether this is speed or injure related) it will be kicked from the herd.
    * Support for additional features after an animal has been killed such as eat, replenish life, replenish hunger, etc.
    * Improved implementation with UFPS. In addition of video tutorials.
    * Improved hit animation support.

While we are working we will update our list. If we do we will post our updates here. Please let us know what you think of the upcoming update features and fixes. If there's things we have missed, or things you'd like to see implemented, you can post them here.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    MrGky93 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  5. BHS

BHS

We will release a video later today showing off the animal breeding system we have been working on. This example will be similar to how Minecraft does their breeding. Breeding will following the Population System caps so that populations don't become unbalanced.

Like we stated earlier, our system isn't just for wildlife. It can also be used for NPC or enemy AI. These NPC can hunt other animals when, for example, their hunger levels are low. Enemy AI is also something that is easy to setup and doesn't require any modification to Emerald.

For our customers to get the most out of Emerald, we will providing an NPC example as well as a enemy AI example. We will also provide videos of these examples either today or tomorrow so be sure to watch the thread for updates.

Licarell and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  6. BHS

BHS

This video demonstrates Emerald 1.2's new breeding system. Most of what you see if fully customizable via the Editor. Times for breeding (5 seconds) and newborns growing to adult size (15 seconds) is set to fast for demonstration purposes. We used a style similar to Minecraft for this demonstration.

Farm animals are put into breeding mode when the right requirements are met. This can be done in anyway and is completely customizable. Emerald will handle the rest.

We are working on making this fully dynamic that will allow wild roaming animals to breed. This will of course be within the cap limits set within the Population System.

Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions. We will be further tweaking and improving the system.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, is your awesome system compatible with playmaker?

8. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

A list of random prefab animals as potential offspring. That could be fun. Especially if I breed monsters/creatures with maybe 10 different choices for offspring. Could be neat.

9. MrGky93

MrGky93

what time come the update ??

10. Xenonus

Xenonus

Indeed this would be awesome. Like a list of prefabs to be spawned and a percentage probability for each!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  11. BHS

BHS

To my knowledge, it works with Playmaker, but isn't implemented. I'm not sure how Playmaker works. Most of our functions are public. So, if Playmaker can call these other script's functions, then I see no reason why it wouldn't.

We will most likely release these updates in parts. It will make it easier for the customers and us. We will release the Breeding System, along with a lot of needed tweaks and improvements, then we will release other updates. We plan on having everything with 1.2 done by the end of October, but I'm sure everyone wants access to these features early to implement them in their games.

We love this idea. It will sure be included with the Breeding System update. Thanks for the suggestion.

MrGky93 likes this.
  12. BHS

BHS

Also, to add to the 1.2 update, I believe we have found the issue regarding the inconsistencies with the Player Weapon System. This will be fixed and UFPS will be fully implemented and supported with our next update.

13. BHS

BHS

This video demonstrates the Breeding Odds that Emerald 1.2 will use. Emerald will support 4 animals that can be bred on a probability chart of Common 50%, Uncommon 30%, Rare 15%, and Super Rare 5%. Animals must be "breed compatible". This is done by having the same Breed Type. The times set in the video are set to 5 seconds for baby to adult and 5 second breed cooldown for demonstration purposes. This could be anything desirable from minutes to hours.

These odds can be tweaked based on each animal. So, for example, if you have a rare animal born, that rare animal can be more likely to have an animal of its color, type, rarity, etc. You will be able to label 4 animals as either Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Super Rare. You will then assign the prefabs for each rarity and Emerald will handle the rest.

This same system can be used in the wild for creating dynamic animals. These animals will also use the Breeding Odds system that can really add to games feeling dynamic.

Breeding doesn't have to be based off rarity or it can be disabled entirely.

The chart below shows an example of the odds system Emerald 1.2 will be using. The colors of these animals, and the rarity, are the same ones used in the video above. Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions. Feedback is always appreciated.

Note: Colors are only used to help distinguish the differences between the rarities. These can be anything desirable from crossbreeds to the same type of animal.

Emerald Propbability Chart (Forum).png

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  14. Tethys

Tethys

The Emerald AI asset is amazing. We have been following it for awhile. We have a game that is getting pretty close to Early Access on Steam but were not happy with our AI and are looking around for other solutions. We like the simple HerdSim(basic but no need for pathfinding nor navmesh which rocks) from unlock, and your product, which is much more robust. However, like others, we have a dynamic world with huge terrains and cannot use Nav Mesh. Anxiously looking forward to the update that supports pathfinding (or better yet something that doesn't need nav mesh or pathfinding at all but more of a simple seeking method similar to herdsim). Good luck on your updates, looking forward to seeing the new features!

15. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Could I use the asset to create hordes of zombies who hunting down my player?

16. BHS

BHS

Thank you.

We are currently developing the pathfinding system for Emerald AI. We will release some videos next week sometime demonstrating it. We are looking forward to releasing our next update.

Yes, Emerald can easily be used for zombies, or any other types of enemies. You would simply set the zombie's behavior to predator and set the appropriate tags. The zombies, if in range, will then hunt down and attack your player. These zombies could even utilize our herd system to for their own hordes, dynamically.

pushingpandas, 99thmonkey and John-G like this.
  17. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

When does 1.2 comes out? And can I set animal that it attack player AND other animals?

18. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Devison4 I believe a predator will attack anything (player or other animals) if the settings are correct for size.

19. BHS

BHS

We're hoping to have the first part of 1.2 out sometime this week, if everything goes as planned. This will bring core improvements, bug fixes, and the new Breeding System.

Animals will attack both animals and players if the player has the tag "Player". The animal also needs to be a large animal.

20. reocwolf

reocwolf

What about having a "happiness" system? Like instead of breeding like in Minecraft, the chance of your animals breeding happens when your animals are happy for a set period of time. Also if they are happy they follow you etc. Happiness would go up if you pet them, feed them and visit them constantly. But if you don't do it then they'll be hostile towards you, they won't breed, they might escape into the wild or they might even get sick and die.

Also a domestication system would be cool. The player would trap a wild animal and the system would spawn it back at "the farm" in a cage. As long as the animal is within the "cage collider" it is domesticable by the happiness system. Same as the other animals except that it would take longer to have the wild animal be happy. Perhaps if the animal is happy you can allow it to be your companion.

BHS likes this.
  21. BHS

BHS

We do plan on adding a companion system. This sounds like an interesting approach. The Companion System will be our next part of 1.2. After the Breed System is finished, we will start working on this. Thanks for the suggestion.

MrGky93 and Tethys like this.
  22. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Companion - sounds cool. Of course it would be nice to be able to "hire" a companion, "magically" get a companion, "earn trust" of a companion, and so on. So, having a way to "hook" in to your system to assign a companion would be helpful. Many ways this could go: petstore and buy a pet, magic user that summons a companion, rent a pack of wolves from the local wolf herder, free a captured tiger to earn it's trust, ...

23. reocwolf

reocwolf

BTW I saw the Plant growth system in the Unistorm thread. I've got 2 more suggestions for you guys. lol

1. The plant growth system in Unistorm opens up more opportunities for Emerald too. If a user has both systems perhaps they can somehow set it so that certain herds happen more in areas were certain plants (in their diet) grow. Then migrate when those plants cease to grow due to weather or something. (Just a crazy idea)

2. African wild dogs choose an alpha couple. The alpha couple is the only one in the pack that breeds and the cubs are taken care and protected by the entire pack as their own. This is not true from most animals but it would be a nice behavior to see in an AI system like this. Since it would mean that the system would have control over the population of wild animals and it would give them something else to fight for rather than only to hunt.

It'd be awesome to see a player approach a cute cub only to find himself surrounded by an entire pack.

MrGky93 likes this.
  24. BHS

BHS

These are both great suggestions. We will see what we can do.

25. reocwolf

reocwolf

I don't own Emerald yet but I've been following it for a while. Anyways. I just want to make sure that when I buy it, it works with my setup.

I'm using UFPS and I read the setup instructions:

But I can't disable the damagehandler in mine 'cause I use it for other things. Isn't there a way to write a "bridge" script that would send damage information between UFPS and Emerald instead of having to replace the UFPS damage scripts with the playerhealth script?

26. MrGky93

MrGky93

somethings news ??
    What time the new update come ??

27. BHS

BHS

You don't need to disable the UFPS health script.

If you want Emerald to damage the UFPS directly, we can help write a custom script. We just did it for UniStorm.

We're still working on it but most likely early sometime next week.

It will include a new breeding system and improved AI functionality. Such as an NPC setting. This setting is for anything non animal related which allows enemies/NPC to fight each other.

MrGky93 and 99thmonkey like this.
  28. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I thought you already had a method included to work with UFPS. This response makes it sound otherwise.

29. BHS

BHS

UFPS does work, we were saying using UFPS' damage handler and not Emerald's PlayerHealth script. We will be including an example of this with our next update, but until then, we can help show an example of how to do so. In fact, we will also add a tutorial to the Emerald Wiki.

Note: This will only work using UFPS

Step 1: Open up your Emerald Animal AI script.

Step 2: Find the lines below and comment it out using // (there should be 3):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. currentAnimal.GetComponent<PlayerHealth>().DamagePlayer(attackDamage);
    Step 3: After commenting out the lines above, add this below each above line (there should be 3):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. currentAnimal.GetComponent<vp_FPPlayerDamageHandler>().Damage(attackDamage);
    Step 4: Disable the PlayerHealth script on your player, if applicable.

Step 5: Test this out by having an animal attack your UFPS player. It should do damage directly to your UFPS health handler script instead of the PlayerHealth script.

When your UFPS player is damaged, it should also create a shake effect.

We will be adding examples like to our next update, but until then, here's a way to have it earlier.

Tutorial can be found on our Emerald Wiki Site here:
    http://emerald-animal-ai.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials#Have_an_Animal_Damage_UFPS_Directly

If there are any questions, or more suggestions for implementations, just ask.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  30. BHS

BHS

We're working hard on Emerald 1.2. With the first part of 1.2 we will be bringing the Breeding System as well as improved AI functionality and greatly improved visual combat. We are also working on better support for NPCs. Hit animations will work properly and we have added support for both Dead Animation (on the same object) and Dead Object Replacement (like we had previously). You can choose whichever suits your needs via the Editor. We are also working on greater customization for tweaking timers and delays to match animations.

Attack Speed Min and Attack Speed Max have also been added to randomize attack times so attacks don't happen at the same time. This, along with other more dynamic features we're working on, add a lot of dynamics to battles.

We have created an entire new setting for NPCs via the editor. This also allows for NPCs (any AI that isn't an animal) to attack each other, players, and animals.

Here's some screenshots of our new demo we are working on. This will demonstrate the new and improved combat as well as demonstrate that Emerald can be used for much more than just animals, even with the current version. These two characters are using Emerald 1.2 and so far the results are looking great.

Master2.png
    Master3.png
    Master4.png
    Master5.png

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    John-G, Sliceandkill and 99thmonkey like this.
  31. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Once you make these changes, will the Animal AI still be able to hurt the other Animal AI? Sorry for asking and not testing it myself, but you are much closer so I thought I would ask.

Also, I so am looking forward to the update. I really like your screen shots. You will immediately get questions for Multiplayer, setting the AI to be friendly to the player, and such.

32. BHS

BHS

Yes, you are replacing the Player Damage not the animal damage. Both are handled separately.

Yes, we plan on having various settings for NPC such as Friendly, Hostile, Cowardly, Companion, etc. We will also have things that determine how an NPC will handle a battle such as fleeing their health is low, or fighting until they're dead.

If you, or anyone else, has suggestions for features, feel free to make them.

33. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I believe I already posted my suggestions. I'm looking forward to the Mecanim piece so that I can use your "model"/blend tree with updated animations to load for multiple NPCs.

34. paulojsam

paulojsam

is there a way to spawn, destroy already available, in the case you have a crowd of animals of sorts, soo that the frame rate wont go down

35. BHS

BHS

We are working on Mecanim support for our next part of 1.2. Everything we have talked about will be apart of 1.2.5.

We don't have a kill function. We can make one for the next update though.

Emerald will automatically disable animals that are out of view when the deactivation time is met. We have had 3,200 NPCs in one scene with 60 fps.

36. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Disable - hmm, it would be nice if you just disabled the Mesh when out of view so that the "agent" keeps moving around...just a thought.

Tinjaw and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  37. BHS

BHS

Great idea.

We have added it to the list for our next update. It will be something that can be enabled or disabled.

BackwoodsGaming and Tinjaw like this.
  38. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

This is a short demonstration of our greatly improved AI (much more to come). As of Emerald 1.2, NPCs will use the NPC Behavior. NPCs will fight enemies according to their Enemy Tag and fight along side their allies. A multiple tag like system will be supported on release. Emerald can be used for human NPCs or creatures. We will be demonstrating creatures with our next video. This test consists of 14 NPCs. These NPCs can also attack the player using both UFPS's damage handler and Emerald's damage system.

Everything you see in the video is dynamic and differs depending on various factors (whether an ally dies sooner than it did in a previous test or more damage was done resulting in more help for that particular ally). Weapon damage is handled with a Min and Max. Emerald will generate a new damage amount within the Min and Max amounts each hit. However, if desired, this is an optional feature. If an Ally isn't in battle, and a teammate is being attacked, it will help assists other Allies.

Sound Effects have been greatly improved. The Editor now supports a separate sound for a weapon (ex: weapon swing), 20 sounds for attack (ex: a scream, yell, growl, etc), and 20 sounds for getting hit (blood, impact, swords, etc).

Animations have also been improved. Hit animations now work properly and will only play if an the AI is not currently using an attack animation. We have also added delays, if desired, for perfectly timed hits. As seen in the video, the delay time allows the hit calculations to be delayed to match animations. So they aren't happening before the weapon is fully extended and swung. This also applies to sound effects as well as on death.

Big thanks to Evil Mind Entertainment and their footstep sound effects from their Medieval Audio Pack.

As always feedback and suggestions are always appreciated. Our next demonstration will be larger scale battles also demonstrating the use of creatures.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    julianr, BackwoodsGaming and TonyLi like this.
  39. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

Just a quick comment. I purchased this asset today. I was looking at HerdSim. I have several AI assets. What I needed was an ANIMAL AI. Herding, breeding, hunting, alphas, etc. I have read your last few posts and it looks like you are turning this into yet another generic AI asset. Please don't do that. Keep it focused, and best of breed, as an ANIMAL AI.

Just my two cents.

40. BHS

BHS

What you see above is entire behavior setting dedicated to NPC AI. We will not be changing any of the core Animal AI. This will be kept and continuously updated as we are doing with the other parts of Emerald.

We know the animal AI portion of Emerald is unique and a lot of people use it. It isn't going anywhere and we will keep adding new features and additions to it.

The breeding system is still on track as well as a lot of other really cool animal exclusive features.

julianr and 99thmonkey like this.
  41. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

Awesome! I like the fact that you will keep the animal AI portion up to date and continue to improve it. I also like the fact that I can plug in NPCs, because I plan to use all the animal features (herding, etc..) on some of my NPCs because it adds to the realism.

Tinjaw likes this.
  42. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I guess I don't mind the NPC AI being in there as long as it is something we can toggle on and off. I bought Emerald mainly for the Animal AI since that is a system that seems to be lacking everywhere else. Even with the HerdSim/FlockSim/FishSchoolSim (forget the names of the last two but all by Unluck), Emerald seems to have kicked it up a notch. Would love to see majority of focus going into that aspect.

I see a lot of posts about integration with UFPS. Any chance there will be an ORK integration down the road? Would be nice to see the ability to tie information in with ORK as well.

BHS likes this.
  43. BHS

BHS

Yes, the NPC setting is something that is completely optional. There will be an animal behavior setting and an NPC setting. After we have finished bettering the NPC setting, we will continue to add new features for the animal behavior.

We will look into ORK and get support as needed. We are also talking with the developers of The Dialogue System for full support. If you, or anyone else, is looking for further support for other systems with Emerald, we will add support for that specific system/tool.

99thmonkey and MrGky93 like this.
  44. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

My main requests would be ORK and then @TonyLi's collection of assets (Dialogue System, Love/Hate - if you are going to have NPCs although not sure if they would need an integration or simply attaching a Love/Hate script to models would be sufficient, and upcoming Quest Machine - which I talked about early on in your development here about keeping population numbers allowing Quest Machine access to pull for quest generation if populations are too high or low.) Those are the only ones I would be interested in integration for atm.

Edit: Oh wait, you said The Dialogue System and for some reason I read it as the name of the other Dialogue asset.. So assuming you already meant Tony.. lol... Long day and brain fog kicking in.. If all else fails blaming the residual chemo side effects are a safe bet.. lol

45. TonyLi

TonyLi

There's another product called just "Dialogue System," which can easily be confused with my "Dialogue System for Unity."

I've added Emerald AI integration to the roadmaps for the Dialogue System for Unity, Love/Hate, and Quest Machine. Integration for Quest Machine will come first. (The Dialogue System now has UniStorm integration, and that will also be in Quest Machine.)

46. TRoNDaNeflin

TRoNDaNeflin

Hi guys!

I've been testing Emerald AI for a while and finally I've decided to send it for production. It will be used on some of the many species we have in the game we're developing and we're preety happy with the result. Emerald AI integrated very well with our environment system and with the other agents AI - NPCs and other creatures.

But there's still some improvements to make, specially the way animations are handled to give a more realistic look to the animal behaviour. The transitions could be smoother and the AI could let us to have a bit more control over the animal actions instead of the absolut randomness that is implemented now.

About the future of this asset, I must say, as some community fellows have already mentioned, it would be a mistake to make Emerald AI a generic basic AI system - there are plenty great solutions already in the market. Everybody loves Emerald Animal AI because it's an Animal Behaviour System and there's just a few of these and not very active atm nor willing to keep developing new stuff... So, imho, this is your niche and it's here you can get a win...

The next version brings new exciting stuff but it's time to ponder wich direction your willing to go from now on. Just my 2 cents.

Now, I have a technical issues related to what you call the LOD Management.

All my animals have their LOD group (with 2 or 3 LOD models) and Emerald keeps disabling all components when we're not in LOD0 range and that's not good. It ok to disable all stuff when culled but not when the camera is 20 or even 200 meters away.

So, I think you should tune the system to work fine with Unity LOD Groups or, as an alternative, just give us a bool to switch all the 'LOD Management' off.

Thanks and keep the good job improving this great asset.
    /cheer

47. BHS

BHS

Sounds great.

Great to hear you are liking Emerald AI.

We aren't changing our system to more for NPCs or Animals. We are simply adding better support for NPCs. We will continue to have support for Animals and we will continue to add new and exclusive features to Emerald.

The breeding system is still on track.

While we were better the NPC behavior setting, we found a lot of better solutions and fixes for the animal portion of Emerald. We will apply this for the animals just as we did for the NPCs. This includes greatly improved animation blending, better combat support, rewritten algorithm to intelligently pick the closes target, improved sound effects, delayed attack trigger support (to match animations), and much more.

We aren't making Emerald generic, we are simply expanding support. Creatures act different than animals, so we just added another section to support it. We have lots of new and exciting features coming for the animal section of Emerald.

As for the LOD system, you need to make sure you set your bounds within your models. They are being culled close because that's how they are set within your model. Emerald supports all levels of LOD. It will only turn off when it's at the culling stage. We will look into why Emerald is disabling before the cull stage because that's not something that's supposed to be happening. Be sure to check that your LOD stages' distances are far enough out that they aren't being culled early. We will test this to see if we can find a solution.

BackwoodsGaming and Tethys like this.
  48. TRoNDaNeflin

TRoNDaNeflin

Thanks for the reply. Great to hear your commitment to keep developing mainly the animal behaviour aspect. I'll gladly enjoy any extra feature that can be applied to human or creature NPCs but, as I said, Emerald AI should mainly focus on animal behaviour as patent on the asset name.

About the issue: They aren't beeing culled. They just stop animating because Emerald disable the Animations component (aswel the colliders) a few seconds after I move beyond LOD0 range. When I approach the animal starts animating again (also with a few seconds delay). I'm sure the LOD group is well configured because it works fine with other similar AI scripts.

Another thing, not so important, but annoying... Can you please make the hide help tips persistent? :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  49. BHS

BHS

It will be our main focus. We understand the importance of unique and awesome animal features. If you have any ideas for animal features, you can post them here and we will see what we can do.

Okay, I know what you mean. We will add this to our update list. It's only supposed to be disabled when the proper amount of seconds has been reached. It seems like they're disable when the player is no longer looking at the AI. It's a simple fix and it will be taken care of.

Yes, we will also add the option to disable tooltips to our update list.

TRoNDaNeflin likes this.
  50. BHS

BHS

Our first part of Emerald 1.2 is still on track and is looking great. The next update will bring greatly improved AI functionality, improved animations and animation blending, improved sound support, bug fixes, the much awaited Breeding System, and much more.

We also have plans on implementing a line of sight system. This line of sight system will allow AI to use their line of sight to hunt, flee, and attack. This will also give players and prey the opportunity to sneak up on other AI. We would also like to implement sound detection for things like sneaking. This can greatly improve the realism of the system and also greatly improve hunting.

Of course this'll be of sight system will be optional and does not have to be used.

Before fully implementing a line of sight and sound system, we would like some feedback on this feature idea. Suggestions for ways to improve or add are appreciated.

julianr likes this.