Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

In case you've missed the Emerald 2.0 announcement, read the post here: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/r...y-herds-npcs-more.336521/page-22#post-3181083

In addition to the Health Bar system, there's an option to display an AI's name and/or level around its health bar. The name and level text will rotate towards the camera just like the health bar does. The text color, size, and font can all be customized. This feature is completely optional, but it's there for users who need it.

Updated
    Emerald 2.0's UI will also dynamically scale an AI's health bars and name text. This allows the AI's UI to get smaller the closer the camera is to the AI. This is to help the UI from obstructing the camera. Fading UI has also been added for when an AI dies. The health bars you see in the video are the health bars that will be included with the release of Emerald 2.0.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    magique and julianr like this.
  2. julianr

julianr

Yes. This is all that is needed. But if its going to create lots of support - why isn't it working for my character type questions, just leave it out.

3. BHS

BHS

It might because that's what happened with the current version of Emerald. Examples that are going to be included are going to be really thought out to avoid the same issues that happened previously. However, everything included will be as versatile as possible.

4. skinwalker

skinwalker

I am using only TerrainComposer for the terrains, so yeah the animals are on a terrain. Is it possible to sign up for a beta version so I can actually implement it in my project after a week or two?

5. BHS

BHS

The beta is actually full, but I'll help you out and add you to the list. Keep in mind that Emerald 2.0 will still be in the beta stage so I can't guarantee you won't have any issues. I am pretty confident that it's pretty solid in its current state though.

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

oh please add me too! I own Emerald and Crux

7. BHS

BHS

I'll see what happens when the beta test is ready. If more testers are needed, I'll be sure to let you know.

8. skinwalker

skinwalker

Thanks, I will contact you after a week!

9. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Yes, Health HUD is easy to implement, and does not need to be added in Emerald, I believe 2.0 will be a milestone. Eager to test :D

10. BHS

BHS

You're welcome, sounds good!

Thanks! I think everyone is going to really enjoy the new update.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  11. Mighto360

Mighto360

I love all the videos you post of new Emerald features. Please keep posting them.

12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Please release 2.0!

Mighto360 likes this.
  13. Mighto360

Mighto360

I agree, I can't wait for 2.0 to come out. But I definitely don't want a buggy 2.0. So I guess it's best that the developer makes sure it is complete and bug-free before he releases it.

14. BHS

BHS

Thanks! There will be plenty more coming.

Yes, Emerald 2.0 will be ready when it's ready. It will be a flawless bug free release and sometimes that means a little more development time. The beta test should ensure that all issues are handled before it's submitted to the Asset Store.

15. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi there! Great to know Emerald is going to 2.0!
    Wondering if this version will be able to support aquatic, flying animals and those can walk, swim and fly at the same time(simply a duck)?
    I've been waiting for this feature for a long time, if it's implemented in Emerald 2.0, I'll buy it instantly! :)

16. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

will 2.0 be a free update or do we need to upgrade asset?

17. lawsochi

lawsochi

Hi, do you plan to improve the system in terms of the behavior of nps, in particular humanoids. Whether there are such functions as treatment, use of shelters, use of grenades, close combat, and so on. It would also be good to integrate, for example, with Ufps, nps could use UFPS weapons, for example when searching the killed, all that we can expect from a person's enemy, or is your product intended for animals?
    I would like to have one system for all nps, animals, birds, people ... it's a dream or reality;)?
    in any case, thanks for your work, can not wait for v2, sorry for my bad english)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  18. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Aquatic and full flying AI are planned shortly after the release of Emerald 2.0. However, hovering or AI that play a constant flying animation will be supported on release.

Emerald 2.0 will be a free update.

Hey there!

Behaviors have been greatly improved with 2.0. The use of shelters, weapons, and picking up items is a little in the wrong direction for what Emerald is intended for. However, it doesn't mean you can't add these features with custom scripts. Emerald 2.0 has the ability to set a custom destination and change the AI's behavior at runtime so it could be doable, but it won't be included as part of the system.

19. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Is 2.0 also possible?

if an npc was hungry it would goto the kitchen to eat, or a miner NPC would go and collect gold until its meter was full, guards would go fight enemies, etc... even had actions triggered by time of day, sleep cycles and stuff like that.

20. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Iam ready for 2.0 :D

21. Harekelas

Harekelas

Great! Looking forward to it!

BHS likes this.
  22. BHS

BHS

I'm not sure if it will make it into the initial release of 2.0, but the plan is to support custom actions so that should be possible. What you mentioned would require a custom script to control the drive of the AI to tell them that they need food or have another need. Custom destinations can be set with Emerald's new API.

Guard AI will be supported on release. A video demonstration of gaurds guarding a town from hostile AI will be coming soon. The town will also have NPCs that will flee if they see the hostile AI or even help and fight, as long as their health is above a certain level.

UniStorm integration is also planned that will allow AI to have custom schedules based on UniStorm's time.

There will be some new demo videos that will be posted later today :)

julianr likes this.
  23. lawsochi

lawsochi

thanks for the detailed explanation, but where are we, people not programmers, take such scripts? can your product be compatible with Behavior Designer or another similar tool? Can give advice, what to do?

24. BHS

BHS

Support for Behavior Designer and PlayMaker are planned after the initial release of 2.0. Video tutorials will also be made to cover integration with various systems such as UFPS, RFPS, Third Person Controller, and more.

pushingpandas, Weblox and julianr like this.
  25. lawsochi

lawsochi

Thank you! integration with the Behavior Designer and PlayMaker will be amazing. so we can get a complete system for many types of games. I look forward, I hope, these are not very distant plans)

26. BHS

BHS

You're welcome! Integration with PlayMaker and Behavior Designer are a top priority after release.

julianr likes this.
  27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

yes please video tutorials !!!

28. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

I'm a bit confused. Does initial 2.0 support custom actions?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  29. BHS

BHS

Custom behaviors/actions will be available on release. What I mean by custom is that there is API that allows you to do create/do custom actions. One example, you set an AI's destination to the end side of a cave or location. It will travel there and use its set behavior while it travels to the said destination. If it's aggressive, it will attack any AI or opponents (that have the appropriate tag) that get in its way along its journey to its destination, unless it dies along the way of course.

More custom actions will be added as Emerald 2.0 as it's further developed. This is just one example. The goal is to have nearly anything achievable with the API. Because the API is public, tools like PlayMaker should be able to access it allowing users to use that as well.

30. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

The video below demonstrates Emerald 2.0's new dynamically scaling UI feature for AI's health bars and name text. This allows the AI's UI to get smaller the closer the camera is to the AI. This is to help the UI from obstructing the camera. Fading UI has also been added for when an AI dies. The health bars you see in the video are the health bars that will be included with the release of Emerald 2.0. Emerald's built-in UI is completely optional and does not have to be used.

A lot of 3rd person examples have been demonstrated, but Emerald is very much for both first person and 3rd person. Some first person examples will be coming within the next few days.

31. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

stop teasing :( Release it please!!!!

32. BHS

BHS

Emerald 2.0 is being worked on full time. There's a lot of work that's going into this update. The videos are to help tie you over until the update is released and to show the development updates :)

Weblox and julianr like this.
  33. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Any ETA on release date?

34. micuccio

micuccio

I am sorry but I personally don't understand all the pressure you are adding. Do you really think they will speed up just because of you? This questions are like honking on traffic...

35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Well, we are in development and need to calculate if its worth to switch the ai engine in development process. Why Iam not allow to ask?

magique likes this.
  36. Snownebula

Snownebula

I have this alignment problem on terrain. Does anyone know how to fix this?

37. julianr

julianr

No but if there is not a solution, if you have FinalIK you might be able to use that.

38. Snownebula

Snownebula

Can someone make a tutorial on adding an animal with Macanim on it? I am trying to add a DeerStag from the "Animals Full Pack" and it wont animate no matter what I do.

39. Snownebula

Snownebula

Why doesn't this work?

40. BHS

BHS

Strange it should be working. Are you receiving any errors?

41. Snownebula

Snownebula

No error; it just doesn't seem to work or have any effect at all. So we are on the same page this is what I have installed: Animals Full Pack, Crux, Emerald AI, Livenda_CTAA, MapMagic PostProcessing, Standard Assets, and UniStorm. It should be noted that this doesn't work even in a fresh project at all. Standard Assets is just some skyboxes.

42. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hey, can you send me a message here with a link to the 2.0 beta version?

43. Snownebula

Snownebula

I can get the deer to move like 2 steps than it stops animating, can someone help? The deer keeps moving but the animation has stopped. :S

44. julianr

julianr

is your animation set to loop?

45. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

In 2.0 Could the enemy monster attack or recover with magic?

46. julianr

julianr

That's would be cool. Maybe in the API (if its not already) enable you to restore a specific target, or by gameObject name in range, or by gameObject name. But restore health that you specify - eg. restoreAIhealth(target, 10);

This could then be applied to AI health packs, or a gameObject target that they can go home to rest and restore health.

47. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Will version 2.0 work without navmesh? I am looking for AI that doesn't require it for my procedurally generated landscapes.

48. BHS

BHS

It should be possible with the new AI.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  49. BHS

BHS

It should. The plan is to use Unity's procedural NavMesh that should allow AI to be used with procedurally generated landscapes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    julianr and StevenPicard like this.
  50. BHS

BHS

The beta hasn't quite started yet, but as of right now, it's full.