Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. mroshaw

mroshaw

Very excited to see the new version released! I use Emerald 3 for animal and creature AI. Does 2024 work well for non-human AI? Does it support the "needs" system from version 3?

Stigym likes this.
  2. Stigym

Stigym

3. holo69

holo69

Did get more information? I would know that too

4. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Now that Emerald 2024 has released, any idea when you will be able to implement this?

5. ZenWayne

ZenWayne

Hi, need bow demo.

6. BHS

BHS

Yes, Emerald AI 2024 works well with animal and creature-like AI. I'm currently working on rewriting the needs system that will be an optional component you can add to an AI, just like the other optional components.

Mark_01 and mroshaw like this.
  7. BHS

BHS

The 50% discount for Emerald AI 3.0 users does not expire. You can take as long as you need to update to Emerald AI 2024 with the 50% off.

dsilverthorn and kdgalla like this.
  8. BHS

BHS

I'm still working on integrations with various character controller and then I'll be able to look into this.

Mark_01 and unity_dev3194 like this.
  9. AshyB

AshyB

@BHS In 3.0 you had a "needs system", is there something similar in 2024?

Also, it appears your discord link on the product page is invalid?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  10. TonyLi

TonyLi

Dialogue System and Quest Machine integrations for Emerald AI 2024 are now available on the Dialogue System Extras and Quest Machine Extras pages. They'll also be in the next regular releases of the assets.

Mark_01, BHS and iChuy like this.
  11. timerace

timerace

@BHS is it possible for you to add a sound detection reaction that can trigger stun in ai?

12. ganzsergi

ganzsergi

@BHS Hello! Do you plan to return summoning and healing abilities to Emerald AI 2024? Second question - are you planning to add mass abilities, like healing friendly AI in the area or resurrection?

Destystar likes this.
  13. BHS

BHS

Not currently, but I've added it to the roadmap.

Mark_01 likes this.
  14. BHS

BHS

Yes, I have plans to add summoning and healing back. I will also include a group/friendly healing ability. I can look into adding a resurrection ability as well. I just have to finish the new Grenade Ability and the updated Bullet Ability, which are just about done.

Mark_01 likes this.
  15. Caiusarcher

Caiusarcher

Will inventory system be added into package? or like an item system?

16. Destystar

Destystar

How does Emerald AI handle combat animations with multiple attacks in a single animation and how would this be integrated in combat abilities damage wise (damage for each hit or damage for whole animation)?

17. chrenzi

chrenzi

Hi, Love the asset, it is perfect for our project. I'm not sure if here or the discord is the best spot for this, but here goes. I'm using EAI 3.0 (will probably upgrade at some point) and I have characters that attack each other about every 10 seconds. I want to add a button on the screen to force an attack. I have tried the following but it is does not force an instant attack.
    eAi.IsAttacking = true;
    eAi.AIAnimator.SetBool("Attacking", true);
    Is there a way to force an attack?
    Thanks.

18. trblst

trblst

Any idea how to solve Target Position Modifier for non humanoid models? I tried making the Gizmo radius larger (as seen in the picture below) but the demo AI still walk super close. I can't increase the attack range of the demo AI because then it would look awkward attacking a normal size humanoid AI.

I tried:
    - Changing the Transform Source to the head, body, etc. to see if it would help (didn't change anything).
    - Increasing the Gizmo Radius to cover more of the body so that multiple AI can hit it from other sides (didn't change anything).
    - Increasing the Gizmo Radius size past 2.5 (didn't change anything).
    - Made sure Box Collider properly covers the object (don't think that matters here).

If you have any advice on making the hit box larger, I would appreciate it! :oops:

upload_2024-3-7_3-35-34.png upload_2024-3-7_3-36-2.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  19. Whiskas009

Whiskas009

Hello! Please tell me, I need that after the AI starts attacking me and I run away from it a certain distance, it returns to its original position (or continues to patrol), similar to creeps from Dota. Now, regardless of the type of confidence, he always runs after you.