Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Whats the status on AI tasks? for a civilian ..

2. BHS

BHS

I may be going in the direction of a more modular based attack system with the next major update. I have already designed part of it for spells and abilities. However, my focus right now is on UniStorm 3.0, which is just about to hit beta. After UniStorm 3.0 is finished, I will begin on finishing the Emerald AI update.

An Avatar should be generated when setting your AI's Animation Type to Generic. You would then apply the created avatar to the avatar slot on the Animator Controller object. Emerald AI cannot create and apply an avatar for you, but it can generate an Animator Controller with all the states and parameters. Please read the documentation that covers how to apply animations to your AI here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...2njM7Jx9pYlqgbtM8/edit#heading=h.68wjtkr5g4zx

My apologies, but I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you please explain it with a little more detail?

Hey there,

I'm not sure, I haven't tested Emerald AI with RPGAIO. Emerald AI can work with 3d top down games, but not 2d, assuming you are using 2d objects and colliders.

I will be adding root motion support with the next update. Emerald AI works well with all kinds of animated models.

Currently, NavMesh is required for AI to function. I plan on adding the ability for AI to swim and fly in a future update after my UniStorm Weather System is finished. After UniStorm 3.0 is released, I will also be working on adding support for AI to have schedules based on UniStorm's time as well as be affected by weather types.

No, not currently.

What exactly do you mean by tasks, something like schedules? This is planned after the UniStorm 3.0 update is released. AI will be able to use UniStorm's time to have schedules and will be able to play animations at their destinations.

mattis89 likes this.
  3. RendCycle

RendCycle

Thanks for the info! Currently, I can't find a good AI System that supports full 3D environment and without using Navmesh. The closest one that has this in the works with the earliest planned release date is Polarith AI Pro. The upcoming features of UniStorm and Emerald seem to fit my current project's requirements. Any estimated release date you can forecast for the new versions of both systems?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  4. zenGarden

zenGarden

I could not wait so much time and Emeral is still not modular to allow making more varied and better unpredictable AI.
    I'm using a Behaviour Tree system instead to make fully custom AI.

About modular it's not only actions, but detection , as you can add more detection modules like hear, alert from other creatures, alert from environmental danger or area or some area magic spell, progressive view alert like some games with some progress bar when some npc start seeing the player, and many more.
    It's also about decision with modules like priority, randomness and logic mixed.

Anyway, there is lot of Unity examples you can use to start making Emerald modular, like Goap, behaviour tree using some XML definition file (CryEngine, Unity Panda BT ...) when making a node graph is too much work.
    Unity Scriptable Objects is also very usefull to make some AI system very oriented around data (actions, detection, decisions).

I'll be happy to test Emerald 3.0 :D

5. zKici

zKici

Hey @zenGarden ,

I kind of gave up on BT,

Reason is I just couldn't get the hang of it... I wanted to do something like:

Patrol Waypoints or Random or within area, detect player within sight, attack melee or range or both, X amount of different attacks, chase if needed to attack again, stop chasing when too far...

If by any chance you've done something like that, could you share or help out?

Thank you

6. zenGarden

zenGarden

Unfortunatelly i can't share some work because it's lot of coding and investment, there could be some bugs, many settings like raycast pooling and per tick are not explained, this is not something i sell and i would not have time to make some support or explain how to properly use it.

BT is better because you can make your own conditions with priority and random and your own actions, there is no limit about making your AI. But BT is for coders, because most of the time the action nodes proposed are examples , they are limited and don't suit everyone custom AI.

What you are describing, Emerald can almost do it, perhaps you should wait for Emerald updates.

7. zKici

zKici

Alright understood. I was not going to ask for support etc, merely to learn and understand how its done, cypher through.

I'd love to wait for the updates but it almost seems like too far in the future, I feel I'd be wasting my time to even recommend features I would really need to have and see...

8. zenGarden

zenGarden

Perhaps you could learn how to code basic AI , and start making your own BT nodes to make any AI.

How AI BT nodes or components are made is the same way of coding.
    I can give you a global description if you have some request.

9. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Hi everyone
    BHS is joining me live on stream in 2 hours http://www.twitch.tv/theMessyCoder

Get all your questions ready as we look at Emerald AI, Crux and talk about the new updates for UniStorm

We are also having a giveaway for copies live on stream!

9pm UK time. 4pm ET, 1pm PT
    Www.twitch.tv/themessycoder

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    mattis89 and magique like this.
  10. mattis89

mattis89

Hey! Where do I find the intergration with opsive tpc ?

11. mattis89

mattis89

So, even IF I use the waypoint way to wander, still need the navmesh? Really?.. Theres no terrain in Unity 2018 yet... Works on mesh?

12. magique

magique

Of course. The Navmesh is required to keep the AI on the walkable parts of the terrain or static meshes. Are you looking for a way to move things in space or in the air?

13. mattis89

mattis89

Im looking to use a meshterrain or just a mesh to navigate on with the nav mesh?

14. magique

magique

Meshes can work with NavMesh. Just make sure they are marked appropriately for navigation.

mattis89 likes this.
  15. mattis89

mattis89

Why is it that my AI slides so much? And attacks my player a bit and then changes side and attack again?

16. mattis89

mattis89

Cool thing would be to connect the AI speed with animator speed... so everytime the AI increase speed the animator would play the animation a bit faster.. like x0.2452 times faster each 0.2 more speed..

17. mattis89

mattis89

Hello :) How is the Opsive TPC intergration coming along?

18. wagamama

wagamama

I just download it than It's get a lot error How I can Fix it?

19. mattis89

mattis89

Yes, ofcourse.. I have never used this navmesh so.. offlink is aweesome.. Wonder how we could intergrate the AI with n animation playing jump when the AI goes thrue an off link.

20. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

First, this asset was incredibly easy to set up and understand. That being said, I am really impressed with this. I am having a problem, my character is switching to a t-pose before starting a new animation. Any ideas why this is happening? I'm using Unity 2018.1.

21. raijogamer0909

raijogamer0909

Why emerald AI go through the wall,tree that have a collider is this a bug please tell how can i fix this and also a collider from the emarald AI example a dragon the collider to much big even my char didn't get near to the dragon because of to much collider. when i disable the collider the dragon didn't attack why?

22. mattis89

mattis89

Im using the newest Unity too and this is happening for me as well. I havent found the issue yet, but it happends in combat for you too if the character goes in combat idle right? Im wondering if the new unity have some kind of setting somewhere bout t pose...

23. mattis89

mattis89

Please use commas... You have to tell the navmesh what is an colliding object.

24. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

I've been looking for AI assets again, and was wondering if anything has been or is going to be done about an issue I noticed in other BHS assets. From a review on the asset store this was your response:

It sounds like this means you don't view this as a problem, but I wanted to see if this had been addressed just in case, there aren't a lot of options for AI packages on the asset store and I'd prefer to modify a working solution rather than roll one from scratch. I realize I'm probably not your target market, but I'm still not going to pay to wade through someone else's kludge.

25. mattis89

mattis89

Wheres the author???? I have posted a million questions.

26. mattis89

mattis89

I need the Opsive TPC intergaation

27. AGregori

AGregori

And this is why support should work better as a paid service, especially in the summer.

mattis89 likes this.
  28. mattis89

mattis89

I have a zombie... Idle, walk, walk, walk ,walk ,walk ^ attack... I use walk for running and turning and walking... But when he attacks so between the attacks he falls thrue the ground to the center of itself and then backup to attack/?

29. magique

magique

I had this same problem and it was because I hadn't assigned animations to the turning left/turning right. But you seem to have done that. However, I've seen issues in the past where the update animation controller button doesn't actually update the animations in the controller. You might want to make sure those animations are actually assigned in the controller.

mattis89 likes this.
  30. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

The asset developer is waiting for the release of version 2 of Opsive's TPC before doing the integration for it.

31. mattis89

mattis89

OMG

32. mattis89

mattis89

@BHS Where are you?? People need help!!

33. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Im reaallyy interested, I have problems to even think it out.. Did you get it to work both ways?:)

34. magique

magique

Sorry, but I stopped using TPC after that due to some strange issues with performance when jumping indoors. I Believe I had it working both ways, but I looked and I think the code was all deleted when I switched controllers. It wasn't complicated though. To get the other way working you should be able to ask Opsive for guidance.

35. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

My apologies for the delay in responding. For some reason I wasn't properly getting notified of the post on this thread.

This is supposed to happen. UFPS changes the UFPS Player's layer to LocalPlayer and the tag to Player. Are you following the tutorial here? https://docs.google.com/document/d/...uHce2BVLM3QTq5axg/edit#heading=h.g90cyocltt35 Everything should be working properly.

Support for Opsive TPC will come once version 2 is out.

This is most likely because you don't have some animations set to loop. The animation tab will tell you which animations need to be set to loop. It can also happen if your AI's Stopping Distance is too low. A Stopping Distance value of 4 should work well. If you could please provide a video, it might help me better understand what's happening.

I plan on adding improvements such as this within the next update or two.

Are you using the newest version of Emerald AI, version 2.1.1.1. Unity should have imported the newest version of Emerald AI. This usually happens when importing into Unity 2018.2. To fix this, you can replace all instances of new AudioClip() with null. Let me know if you need further help regarding this.

@mattis89

That's great to hear it's easy to setup and understand. :)

This usually happens when your AI is missing an animation. Go to the Animation tab and ensure you have an animation for at least Idle 1, Idle Combat, Attack 1, Walk, Run, Turn Left, Turn Right, and at least 1 Hit animation.

Also ensure that your animations are working correctly. Preview them to make sure they are working as intended.

You need to mark your objects that you would like to be included with Unity's NavMesh as static. If they are not, AI will be able to walk through them.

The box collider's size is generated when your AI is created. Sometimes the size isn't perfect and needs to be adjusted. If the box collider is too big, you can simply make it smaller.

Emerald AI's code is very organized and documented. If you want to customize a function or portion of the script, you can certainly do so. This is why adding support for most of the top character controllers was easily achieved, as can be seen here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QGSEdc2-6bks22KIelYlBw_601uHce2BVLM3QTq5axg/edit

Included with Emerald AI's main script are built-in API that users can access for controlling mechanics such as an AI's destination, their behavior, stay, follow, and more. This makes it work quite well with custom scripts. What specifically were you wanting to modify?

This happens when you are missing an animation. Go to the Animation tab and ensure you have an animation for at least Idle 1, Idle Combat, Attack 1, Walk, Run, Turn Left, Turn Right, and at least 1 Hit animation. Also, make sure the animations that are required to be set to loop are set to loop. The Emerald AI Editor will tell you which animations need to be set to loop.

Could you please provide more information as to how the Update Animator Controller button didn't update properly? I don't think I have encountered this issue before. I'd like to fix this issue if I can find it. The only time I did see it is when I duplicated the AI's Emerald AI component and pasted it on another AI. When I did this, the reference to the Animator Controller was still on the other AI. Could this have been what caused it?

mattis89 likes this.
  36. EDarkness

EDarkness

I am in need of an AI system that will do a number of different things and do them behind the scenes (when NPCs are not in the scene at all) and when the NPC is actually in the scene. I want to simulate NPCs/entities doing things at all times and then save those behaviors when the player saves their game.

The system has to work on top of my own body/mind system and I want NPCs to do things like go to work, walk down the street, drink, eat, etc. My game is an action RPG so the player will be running through cities and dungeons with some entities being friends, enemies, neutral, etc. There has to be flexibility there.

What I want ultimately is for a NPC to patrol some place, see an entity, decide whether or not this entity is an enemy. Draw a weapon (bow, sword, axe, etc.), attack with this weapon or use a spell. If the player gets away, then they go back to what they were going. Don't want NPCs running around in circles and I want them to be able to walk around a Unity Nav Mesh without bumping into stuff (NPCs, etc.).

I was using RAIN for a while, but they've stopped supporting that and it's been deprecated at this point. Finding a solution that is flexible enough to work on top of my own functions has been difficult and after looking over the asset store, I saw that this one may be worth checking out. However, before I pay for another asset I may never use, I figured I'd get some information to see if this will indeed do what I need it to do.

Trying to organize boss fights with RAIN was hard. I don't want bosses to spam the same move over and over. I'd like for them to be a bit smarter in how they fire off moves and stuff. If this asset isn't going to work, then would anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

37. mattis89

mattis89

Okay, well I didnt get much guidance really...

38. zKici

zKici

Indeed, it seems both parties expect you to know how to code and just mangle thangsss together , good luck eh :)

39. magique

magique

I looked through the forums and I had posted all the code and instructions necessary for getting Opsive to work.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...aypoints-and-more.336521/page-39#post-3444902

[EDIT]
    I am double checking now with a fresh project to see if those instructions work as written. If I find anything additional required, I will post here.

[EDIT 2]
    I tested the code and instructions and they work. The only thing I had to do extra was to make sure that the Emerald AI agent had its detection tags include Player.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    mattis89 likes this.
  40. mattis89

mattis89

Thank you for bothering to find it :) And for the double check.. I tried to search too here but obviously searched for the wrong keyword... thanks mate!

41. mattis89

mattis89

change your Emerald_AI agents to the Enemy layer. // do you mean on unitys layer or in emerald ai editor?

42. magique

magique

The Unity layer.

mattis89 likes this.
  43. ivolga-indi

ivolga-indi

44. SNS_Case

SNS_Case

I can see from that doc in one of the first gifs that you're editing a damage method for an integration to work around line 3000. Organized code has separation of responsibility and uses design patterns to make a framework modular and extensible. The adapter pattern is a good read towards supporting third party integrations that might change in the future with minimal pains on your behalf. It would also eliminate your customers having to modify any code themselves for the supported integration of their choice.

Hunting through 3k+ lines of code for "that one method I need but don't know what it's called because I didn't write this" is not organized especially if I also have to modify a single editor script equally as large at the same time, but having it in one script does it makes it easy to apply to objects for non-programmers. Like I said, I understand I'm not your target market but I appreciate your response and that answered the question I had. I know you create assets that help many people so don't take my response the wrong way, they're just not a fit for me. :)

45. mattis89

mattis89

Hello @BHS .. I see I can have a blood effect, but it spawns like from the knee... how to change where it spawns? ...Also, hit sound ? .. How can I prevent a monster from keep attacking a dead pleayer? Doing coop with opsive tpc. Hows the update coming?

This asset is promising..

46. magique

magique

Ahh, that's probably not working because you're using Opsive and the code I gave you doesn't take the Opsive controller's health into account. I either didn't do that part or forgot to post the information. I'm not in a place where I can look at the code to help you, but checking against the target's health should be a simple matter of getting the Opsive controller component and checking its health. I'm not sure where in Emerald AI that it needs to be checked though.

47. mattis89

mattis89

Thanks! That sound simple enough, I know how the code should look, so I go search for it and just change it to take the opsive health in count.. the problem lies in where I could find the code in opsive.. or how its written.. if its similar to what you wrote...

48. magique

magique

I believe there is a CharacterHealth component in Opsive that you should be able to check. But not 100% sure.

mattis89 likes this.
  49. mattis89

mattis89

how do I use the events? and the quest demo thats on youtube, how to make an quest? :)

50. magique

magique

Emerald AI does not have a quest system. As the video notes show:

"The quest was done be using an external script and changing the AI's action during runtime. The quest has an AI set to Stationary (an option to stay in one place and not use wandering) until the quest becomes active. When this happens, the AI's action will change and the AI will attempt to make its way to its Destination Point."

So they wrote some custom script for the initiating of the quest. If you want a good quest system that integrates with Emerald AI, try Dialogue System by Pixel Crushers or Quest Machine by the same author.

TonyLi likes this.