Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BHS

BHS

The dead replacement option will be added with the 2.1.2. However, you could add it yourself now with a Death Event and a custom function that spawns the dead replacement and another custom function that removes the recently killed AI.

Yes, I can certainly add an on collision event for AI's projectiles.

You need to have your minimum and maximum Attack Speeds set to 0. You can have your AI attack even faster by increasing the attack animation speeds.

karmik likes this.
  2. claudiorodriguescampos

claudiorodriguescampos

I find it now, I set the values to 0 and it works perfectly.

julianr likes this.
  3. angelekas80

angelekas80

good evening I just bought Emerald AI 2.1.1 I can not even play play for a scene
    my of the import of the asset I have this error
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerHealthEditor.cs (71,25): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerWeaponEditor.cs (85,28): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerWeaponEditor.cs (132,33): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerWeaponEditor.cs (179,28): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerWeaponEditor3rdPerson.cs (90,28): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerWeaponEditor3rdPerson.cs (137,33): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    Assets / Emerald AI 2.0 / Scripts / Editor / PlayerWeaponEditor3rdPerson.cs (184,28): error CS0143: The class `UnityEngine.AudioClip 'has no constructors defined
    ps: use unity 2018.2 0b1

4. BHS

BHS

Great to hear!

Unity 2018 is still in beta and isn’t currently supported. That version has changed API. I will update Emerald AI to support Unity 2018 before it’s release.

5. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I really love that you are concentrating on good and easy Enemy Boss AI. For me something like this is really missing in the store. Specially a way to create bosses with random timers, spells phases etc. in a good RPG or MMORPG
    One question or feature request:
    Is it possible to create Boss / Enemy AIs simply through predefined templates?
    It's often faster and more effective to use some predefined templates with Casting Timers etc. so you can copy and paste them and change some spells / dmg / and timers. If the templates are well documented and clear you don't need any Coding experience at all.

A pretty good example of good AI templates are the Scriptdev2 AI Scripts of the WoW PServers like this one here for Azuregos which is preatty easy:
    https://github.com/scriptdev2/scriptdev2/blob/master/scripts/kalimdor/boss_azuregos.cpp

Do you have something like this in mind? Since you advertise this asset as great enemy AI system for me something like this to easily create good bosses is really important. If you had something like that in your mind I would love to help you out if you need to create templates like this. So it's possible to create a big template collection of possible creature types, bosses etc.

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  6. JC_LEON

JC_LEON

is there a cover system for enemies in this asset?

7. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to increase the attack distance on a ranged weapon, I'm creating an artillery barrage which wont trigger until target is way too close, I have maxed out the settings in the editor, is there a scripted way ?

Thank you

M

8. indie_dev85

indie_dev85

@BHS , i am looking forward to buy Emerald for mobile games.Can you please tell/show about the emerald ai performance on mobiles.How many ai's can be handled, on mobiles while maintaining decent 30fps performance?

9. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

@BHS any update on the aquatic animals? great asset so far too btw!!

10. tredpro

tredpro

is there a way to make an ai be part of 2 factions or allow my factions relations? i ask because i was grouping my factions by animal type but it appears only 5 relations are allowed

11. BHS

BHS

Hey Ronny!

I do in fact have something similar planned for a future update. The plan is to use a modular based attack system using scriptable objects. You can see my post here that explains things more in depth. There are also gifs at the bottom of the post showing the modular spells and abilities in action.

No, there's currently no cover system for Emerald AI. However, I can look into adding one with a future update.

It is capped in the Emerald AI editor. However, the cap can be changed by changing the line below where 40 is the max distance. You will need to edit the second time this line is found, not the first.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. CustomFloatSlider(new Rect(), new GUIContent(), AttackDistanceProp, "Attack Distance", 1.5f, 40);

I haven't tested Emerald AI on mobile devices, however, I have had other customers do so and they were happy with its performance. I don't currently have the time to do a build to test the performance with mobile devices. I can try to make some time to test this out though.

Thanks! This will come with the 2.2 update. I'm currently working on an update for UniStorm. The UniStorm 3.0 update should be done in about 2 weeks and then I will finish the Emerald AI updates.

It depends on how you setup your AI's factions. Faction relations don't technically have to have neutral as an option because AI won't interact with neutral AI anyways, unless you have custom code to do so. With the 2.1.2 update, I am going to try and upgrade the faction list to a reorderable list like some of the other options to allow endless faction relations.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    wood333 and lawsochi like this.
  12. tredpro

tredpro

well see i was also using it to separate like wolf packs (wouldn't want a wolf to attack its own pack but would want it to attack the others). but there are also bears, deer, etc so the 5 gets used up really quick

13. BHS

BHS

Oh alright, I see what you’re saying. The reorderable list faction relations I have planned will fix this. I will try to fit it in with the 2.1.2 update.

wood333, mattis89 and tredpro like this.
  14. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

This sounds really great.
    By using predefined template you will be much faster than always clicking button here and there in the editor. Supporting both will be the best approach so people can decide how they want to create an AI.
    I saw that you already added events like OnDeath, OnHealth, OnAttack etc. which is really needed for the Template idea as you can see in the Azuregos script.
    A spell list which needs to be created first like in your Gif of your post would be essential. And it's easy btw. (Sound, Dmg, Animation, Casting Time, Cooldown etc).

Really looking forward for this feature which will make your Asset pretty unique in my opinion.

Cheers
    Ronny

BHS likes this.
  15. mattis89

mattis89

Hey! I will buy this today! what about death animation that turn to a ragdoll in the middle of the anim? breeding?

16. RealWyldhunt

RealWyldhunt

I am currently trying to integrate Emerald AI with Opsive Third Person Controller.
    Do you still have any plans to release an integration guide for them?
    Do you have any advise that you can give me?

Currently, Emerald AI works. It will do everything it is supposed to do, and attack my Opsive character.
    All I needed for that was to set the tags/layers properly to work with both systems.

However, Emerald AI fails to damage my Opsive character. My Opsive TPC fails to damage any Emerald characters.
    So, all I really need is the hit/damage integrations.

17. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

HI,
    I would like to buy this asset, I would like to know if it is possible for an enemy to attack several targets, always looking for something closer, if one target is destroyed by the other, in the demonstration, when an enemy attacks the character that accompanies me, my player it is as if it did not exist for him.

thank and sorry my english.

18. sebasfreelance

sebasfreelance

In the end I bought your asset, very good by the way, very easy to use, very good job!
    a greeting.

BHS, llJIMBOBll and julianr like this.
  19. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Ragdoll deaths will be coming with the 2.1.2 update and the breeding functionality will be coming with the 2.2 update.

Hey there!

Yes, but the developers recommended that I wait until Opsive TPC is at version 2.0, and that was about 4 months ago. I will reach out to the developers to see if I can get integration finished with the current version of Opsive TPC.

Hey there!

AI have an option to look for the first seen or first detected target, initially. After a target has been killed, the AI will search for the next nearest target.

Great to hear and thanks! :)

20. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

I just submitted a quick fix update to address the issues with Unity 2018.

If you need an immediate fix, replace all portions of:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. new AudioClip()
    With:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. null

21. mattis89

mattis89

Okay So I bought it, I have read thru docs, really good. Inspector is clean and explained. I hate navmesh tough... Possible to make it with dynamic waypoints that is not navmeshbased..?

22. BHS

BHS

Great to hear. Nav Mesh is currently required for AI to navigate. The setup process is for Nav Mesh simple and the AI perform very well. AI can generate dynamic waypoints on the Nav Mesh.

23. Mlackey

Mlackey

How's the integration with A* and does this have an option to limit the distance an NPC will attack before it returns to where it originated from?

Ie. I want to have a player attack a goblin, the goblin will go a maximum of 15 meters from spawn point or will only stay within a certain area mask. Is this possible?

24. mattis89

mattis89

Yea well I know, but the navmesh is not simple to set up for my world because I have so much trees and stones that are spawned on runtime. So I have to figure out how I can get them to be counted in by the nav mesh. And isnt the unity nav mesh very expensive and eats fps or is this lies?

25. Duffer123

Duffer123

@BHS ,

Unity now in full release for 2018.1.

I'm getting the following errors:-

26. HalDevOne

HalDevOne

I am having difficulty in slow down the turning speed on my emerald AI. I have tweeked the Navmesh turn speed settings and also the mesh agent agular speed but nothing realy happens. What am i missing??

27. julianr

julianr

Duffer123 likes this.
  28. Duffer123

Duffer123

@BHS ,

Excellent! Sorry should have read up in the thread!

29. jnbbender

jnbbender

I think I know the answer but I have to ask anyway. I do not own this asset but I'm looking for "smarter" NPC's. Does this package provide the ability to have NPC's take cover when fighting? During ranged attacks and such.

30. BHS

BHS

There is currently isn't integration for A*, unless you were to update Emerald's scripts to do so.

Yes, there is an option to limit an AI's distance before it returns to its starting position.

Unity's Nav Mesh can perform quite well, if used correctly. You can take a look at Unity's runtime Nav Mesh to see if it can do more of what you want: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/navigation/baking-navmesh-runtime

There isn't currently an option in the Emerald AI editor as I am reworking how the turning and alignment is done. However, if you need to, you can adjust it by using Debug Mode in the Unity inspector and selecting your AI that you would like to adjust. The Alignment Speed should allow you to adjust the turning speed while the AI is not in combat.

Debug Inspector.png

AI cannot currently seek shelter when they are fighting. However, they will move positions to get better shots or move entirely so they aren't always in the same spot. I plan on adding the ability to seek shelter in a feature update.

31. BHS

BHS

Emerald AI 2.1.1.1 has been accepted and is now live. This update fixes the issues introduced with Unity 2018.

HalDevOne and julianr like this.
  32. radiantboy

radiantboy

Super excited for this, been checking daily! Weird error for me though (unity2018.2):

[Error] Type `LOD' does not contain a definition for `renderers' and no extension method `renderers' of type `LOD' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

33. HalDevOne

HalDevOne

Ok but i guess that there will be such option in the future?

34. BHS

BHS

The 2018 fix released was for Unity 2018.1. Unity 2018.2 is still in beta. I’ll look into this tomorrow and start working on a fix for it though.

Yes, it’ll be available with the next update. I was simply giving you a temporary fix, if you needed it.

HalDevOne likes this.
  35. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Some questions before puting ICE aside and buying your asset:
    • Quest Machine support is in process I saw? How is it going? Dialog System for Unity also from the same Author was supported?
    • Does Emerald AI support Multiplayer / Unet?
    • The Boss / Mob AI Template AI using Scriptable Objects does have an release date / month? Just eager to know when I can see your first design / idea for this essential feature.

You are using Vegetation Studio and Vegetation Studio supports baking colliders to Navmesh. So this shouldn't be an issue at all.

Cheers
    Ronny

36. mattis89

mattis89

How do you know that I use VS? :D Yea true but for some reason it dont work.. Samething when I want to bake it for obstacle mask so Trees dont spawn in stones, but Im waiting for a update now where it works as the trees.. so yea no issue really at all I bet the navmesh works fine.... I just dont like Unitys navmesh, But I say that this supports A path or what Its name is..

37. HalDevOne

HalDevOne

I am getting some wierd meshbending when my enemy ai turning animation is playing at some point. Any Idea? My characters are using a 90degre turning animations.

38. BHS

BHS

1) Question Machine is now fully supported. The developer of Dialogue System and Question Machine has added official integrated support.
    2) Not currently, however, I have had other customers do it and they have said it was relatively easy to add Unet support. I plan on adding support for it with a feature update.
    3) There is no release date, but I have already written a decent amount of code for the Scritable Object spell/ability system. For more information and a demonstration, see this post towards the bottom: https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...aypoints-and-more.336521/page-36#post-3415100

Strange, can you please provide a video of some sort so I can see what's going on? Is your AI's Animator Component's Root Motion set to false? If not, try setting this to false to see if it resolves the problem.

TonyLi, julianr and RonnyDance like this.
  39. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hello,

I am considering getting Emerald AI 2 for use with a project I have been developing for quite some time developed with RFPS....

I have a question about the possibility of integrating Emerald AI with RFPS. If I do will I still be able to keep all of the RFPS "Player" features and functions...e.g. the ability for the Player to swim? or would my Player loose either some or all of the RFPS functions?

Thanks for any advice.

Peter

40. BHS

BHS

Hey Peter!

The integration tutorial for RPFS can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...uHce2BVLM3QTq5axg/edit#heading=h.zhpqrmdj9dwj

This tutorial allows you to easily integrate Emerald AI with RFPS without losing any of the RFPS functionality or features. It simply adds an additional function for calling Emerald AI's damage function when needed.

41. petercoleman

petercoleman

Thanks very much for the reply.

I have have already purchased and set up the basic RFPS integration following the info supplied and using the line of sight demo level. All went perfectly well and works perfectly in the demo level. I must say that the asset seems to be very well made and not a single error on importing to my RFPS project which is large and complex with a lot of other assets included too, but not a single error or conflict to be seen. Great job.

Now the hard but I guess, I have to update all of my existing NPC non player characters. Again I am not sure how much if any of their RFPS functions if any they will retain under the Emerald system but I will surely find out shortly. Its a shooter game so I am sure i will have a lot of fun trying to get them to knocked into shape :)

I also have a Fantasy project ongoing too and i guess that may be easier as they don't really use ranged weapons except for perhaps Bow and arrow.

Thanks again.

Peter

42. radiantboy

radiantboy

Looks like my LOD errors were caused by having a random script called LOD lying around, which means this *does* work on unity 2018.2 sorry for red herring. Now the fun begins!!!!

EDIT: Unfortunately almost all of the demo scenes have issues in unity 2018.2 and i cannot get the actual set up manager to appear, there is no option in window menu. Guess I still need to wait for next release.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  43. BHS

BHS

You're welcome, it's great to hear everything integrated well. Please be sure to let me know if you need anything else.:)

Support was added for Unity 2018.1. Unity 2018.2 is still in beta, but I will working on getting those errors figured out. When I find a solution, I will be sure to post them here.

radiantboy likes this.
  44. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Finally bought your asset :) Gonna let you know what I think of it after creating some creature AIs.
    Also hoping for fast 2018.1.0f2 fix.
    Getting lot of errors:
    upload_2018-5-11_11-4-2.png

45. BHS

BHS

Updating to the newest version should resolve those errors. I have already submitted an update for Unity 2018.1. If you have already updated, I’m not sure why you’re still having those errors. Sometimes the Asset Store can have issues with updating an asset.

Here’s how to fix it manually, if for some reason the Asset Store isn’t properly updating: https://forum.unity.com/threads/50-...aypoints-and-more.336521/page-41#post-3485021

46. lod3

lod3

How do you respawn an AI?

47. BHS

BHS

When your AI is spawned, call the function ResetAI(). If you are using an object pooling system to spawn your AI, ensure that you have Recycle AI checked under AI’s Settings>Optimize Options. When using this option, an AI will be automatically reset when it is deactivated and then activated again.

48. BHS

BHS

Akshara likes this.
  49. mycroftx

mycroftx

Just bough Emerald Ai and its great! Ijust need little help hurting the AIs with playmaker and Im all set. As some other ppl here I look forward to a simple turorial or just step by step guide on how to connect emerald functions with playmaker. I know its very easy to do it, I just cant get it to work on my own. Cheers!

50. mycroftx

mycroftx

Figured it out on my own. You can damage any AI with this simple playmaker call :) Just drag the gameobject of your monster in the Behavior slot and then select Method: Damage from the drop down list, add Damage amount and type of target, and then trigger it with whatever you want. Works great!