Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. julianr

julianr

@BHS I'm still using 2017.x Unity. So please make sure the upload supports this release :) thanks.

magique likes this.
  2. tahir_ali

tahir_ali

Emeral AI is working fine. Issue is with player for ranged enemy. Ranged enemy cant shoot at player if they cant directly see the colliders. Player controller breaks when I add collider on root but AI works fine.In other case AI dont shoot when colliders is on the bones. If you want to check, I am using Little dragon Sea by Malbers Animations.

3. BHS

BHS

Yes, the integration tutorial video can be found here:

4. BHS

BHS

I'm submitting 2.3 with a minimum version of Unity 2017.1. :)

magique, combatsheep and julianr like this.
  5. BHS

BHS

Thanks for providing more information. I'd have to test out this out with Emerald AI myself to get a better understanding of exactly what's happening. I own Irval the Wyvern by Malbers Animations and I think it uses the same character controller. When I get the chance, I will test this out and figure out a solution for you.

6. julianr

julianr

Awesome - thanks!!

7. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Followed the instructions and copied over the code snippets. My creature can detect the player and attacks but cant get damage to player. i have configures animation events for my creature as well. I can damage the AI though

8. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Thanks BHS and yes the current root motions work awesome! First time worked with AI this slow. Hurt dude dragging leg but neat to see his feet aligning to limp down major sloped hill. lol

BHS likes this.
  9. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Figured it out, forgot to add a line of code. sorry for beign a pain

10. BHS

BHS

Great to hear you figured it out. No worries :)

11. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi All - Anyone know of the complete list of "Function" calls for Events? WalkFootstepSound, SendEmeraldDamage, Etc.
    Whats the Function call for "Interact" Event ?

12. BHS

BHS

The complete list of API can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ns8m7Ol_gaKeYJ3YbaRjDy09xG98UoIXKCaWLGJeg74/edit

The Reach Destination Event is called when an AI arrives at its destination if that's what you are looking for.

13. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

14. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Sorry for all the tech help :) Is it possible to have the death con tore with the terrain? Using Humanoid, root Motion, Final Ik. Definitely something Im doing wrong or missing. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  15. BHS

BHS

No worries :)

The death animation will contour with the terrain if the Align AI feature is enabled. However, when using Final IK, you should have this feature disabled so the animation won’t align. What you could do is use a ragdoll instead or call some code using the On Death Event to align the AI when it dies.

16. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

I'm still trying tying to get my enemies from pushing my player around. It's actually happening after the first attack. Once the player has been detected the enemy runs towards the player, attacks, pauses then continues to run forward pushing my player until the enemy decides to attack again (which isn't necessarily right away). I tried increasing the attack distance, the behavior remains the same. Any help would be appreciated.

17. BHS

BHS

This is a little bit of a bug with version 2.2. However, I’ve fixed it with version 2.3 so it’s no longer an issue.

18. RockingGameDeveloper

RockingGameDeveloper

I need help with the line of sight detection. I can't get my ai to detect my ufps player with the line of sight, but it works when target detection. I am also having an issue with my ai not using the ranged weapon. I sent a message through the discord chat. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

19. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

Perfect! I'm looking forward to 2.3!

BHS likes this.
  20. BHS

BHS

Did you disable the Has Collision Trigger as stated in the video tutorial here?

21. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

Emerald AI 2.3 has been submitted and is awaiting approval! I’m hoping it will be accepted tomorrow or Tuesday.

1BD4AE56-D868-4C3F-969F-CA616BEA7C67.jpeg

22. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

23. Alex3333

Alex3333

But to disable this Has Collision, the player will not be able to use other systems associated with this. For example, an elevator that only works with Has Collision will stop working

Will there be dynamic motion support in this version? it just stops me from buying a few things. one of the most important is the dynamic search of the path.

24. unicat

unicat

:D:D:D

25. magique

magique

Fantastic. I am looking forward to this one a lot.

combatsheep likes this.
  26. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

So 2.4 highlights!!?

27. pccross

pccross

And will there be documentation/tutorial updates, hopefully?

28. julianr

julianr

Probably after a Unistorm update, first things first .. get used to 2.3 :)

BHS likes this.
  29. magique

magique

refresh...refresh...refresh...refresh... lol

BHS likes this.
  30. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

LOL been doing same thing. refresh...refresh..refresh....

BHS likes this.
  31. BHS

BHS

This is more of a limitation with UFPS as the extra collider makes it difficult to detect external raycasts. The biggest problem with this is that it also has the same layer and tag so there's no way for the Emerald AI raycast to differentiate what's the player object and the extra collider. Trying to switch the layer of the extra collider manually doesn't work as this is overridden on Start.

I'll look into a work around for this though. What you could do is just attach the EmeraldAIPlayerDamage script to the extra collider instead and have it call the UFPS damage directly. This may be a workaround, but it's just an idea and I haven't had a chance to test it.

32. BHS

BHS

I'm going to work a quick update for UniStorm before I get started on 2.4.

combatsheep likes this.
  33. BHS

BHS

Yes, I'm putting one together now on Google Docs. I'll post a link to it here when it's done.

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sounds great. Got to show Unistorm and Crux some love too!

35. BHS

BHS

Yup! I plan on adding biome weather to UniStorm with its next update. :)

julianr likes this.
  36. julianr

julianr

Sounds awesome - can you include ambient sounds for each biome based on the weather state? This could be linked to Emerald in some way to change the behavior of AI in Emerald.

37. BHS

BHS

I haven't fully dived into how exactly I'm going to handle all of the biome features, but I like the idea of having customizable settings, such as ambient sounds, that can be customized per biome.

julianr likes this.
  38. Monil

Monil

Hello,
    after updating to version 2.3 I get this error:
    Emerald AI\Scripts\Player\Editor\PlayerHealthEditor.cs(74,48): error CS1729: 'AudioClip' does not contain a constructor that takes 0 arguments.

marco-maceratesi likes this.
  39. marco-maceratesi

marco-maceratesi

The same thing happens to me

How to solve?

40. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Not where I can pull down the latest, but I know Unity 2019.2 doesn't use that method of AudioClip constructing. It now uses AudioClip.Create(string clipName, int lengthSampe, int soundChannel, int soundFrequency, bool stream). So you'd replace "new AudioClip()" with something like "AudioClip.Create("whateverName",0, 1,44100, false)". Give that a shot, and see.

41. unicat

unicat

Same here.

42. Monil

Monil

Fine thanks.

43. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

I’m looking into the error some of you are having. I’ll have a solution posted here and an updated submitted soon.

44. BHS

BHS

@Monil @SilverHelmStudios @marco-maceratesi @unicat

Hey everyone,

I've submitted an update for a quick fix for this issue.

To fix this issue now, open up the PlayerHealthEditor script and change:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. self.hitSounds.Add(new AudioClip());
    To:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. self.hitSounds.Add(null);
    Save it when you're done and the error will be fixed.

combatsheep likes this.
  45. unicat

unicat

Thank you for the fix. Here another small one:

Ability_UI.PNG

46. BHS

BHS

You're welcome.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll resubmit it with a fix for the Ability Editor. This is an issue related to using 4k monitors. I thought I had it applied to the AbilityEditor.

This can be fixed by opening the EmeraldAIAbilityEditor script and replacing all instances of:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GUILayout.Width(90 * Screen.width / 100));
    With:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GUILayout.Width(90 * Screen.width / Screen.dpi));

combatsheep likes this.
  47. lo-94

lo-94

Hey loving the asset so far. So I'm adding emote animations, and it says there's no cap, but after I add 3 the + symbol disappears, preventing me from adding more. Is there a reason for this?

Also I saw in one update you put a minimum wander distance, I'm not seeing a setting for this anywhere. Where is this located? Couldn't find it in the documentation

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  48. UDN_68a3a08d-b184-416c-8d9f-f1f5b1bedf54

UDN_68a3a08d-b184-416c-8d9f-f1f5b1bedf54

Hi there, Best AI ever a lot of versatility with amazing behaviors. I'm facing an issue with sounds, i'v setup events in walk animation and also assigned sound in FootstepSound tab, still i cannot hear any footsteps and same issue with attack sounds. However, Die sound is working perfectly. What could be the case.
    Sometimes footstep sound plays once or twice while attacking but that's it. Maybe something with distance. Btw i follwed the footstep sounds tutorial you provided.

49. attaway

attaway

I'm interested in this as well. Taking advantage of Emerald AI's complete system while using Behavior Designer for more specific behaviors seems perfect. I'll try it out at some point and let you know if there's any bugs.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  50. attaway

attaway

Has anyone had a chance to use Final IK & Puppet Master with Emerald AI instead of the default ragdoll setup? I haven't had a chance to try it out myself yet, but I plan to soon.

Deckard_89 likes this.