Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 2.4.2 - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BHS

BHS

If you want to completely remove an object never to be used again, even when using Emerald AI's Object Pooling, then just destroy it with Destroy(YourGOToDestroy); . You will need to keep track of the objects you've spawned and then want destroyed. Simply storing them to a List should be enough. When you are ready to remove them, use a for loop to go through the list and destroy all objects within that list.

The error seems like you may be missing an ability within your Offensive Abilities list.

2. BHS

BHS

If you want an AI to ignore a specific layer so it doesn't obstruct the AI, you will need to add the layer to the AI's Obstruction Ignore Layers.

ObsturctionIgnoreLayers.png

3. raulrusboy

raulrusboy

Thanks- that's what I've been doing, so I'm glad it's not an issue haha...

The offensive ability is in there, and it works with other AI that have already been set up. Is there any way that having a generic vs. Humanoid avatar could be interfering?

EDIT: It turned out to be a faulty Idle animation that was somehow trying to move the entire model via RootTransform. It's so crazy and terrifying how many tiny variables can cause problems in this hobby haha

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Deckard_89 likes this.
  4. StevoFx

StevoFx

Hello, are there any updates on an integration with puppetmaster? I sort of have it working but there are a lot of conflicts so it would be great to have an official integration supported.

5. Thorgrem

Thorgrem

Hello, any chance of an integration for "Rpg Builder". Many People on his Discord, ask this, and would be very happy, to have Emerald integrated. The Developer of "Rpg Builder" said that he´s own Integrations of other Assets, comes later, because of new Features and Updates, that are planned. He also said, to ask the Developer of "Emeral AI" for an Integration and let them know he is very open to it, and that he will ofc provide everything they need for free, as well as promoting them once done".

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021 at 7:38 AM
  6. AndorfTheWhite

AndorfTheWhite

Hi, i am trying to find a way to shoot bursts of bullets as if an AI was using an automatic weapon. How can that be done?
    Would I have to have a long repeating animation for that and add several animation events to spawn multiple bullets during the same animation (burst)?

EDIT (SOLVED): Perfect, I just extended the animation in my 3D modelling software, added N events to the animation and now it works!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021 at 12:14 PM
unityunity