Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. mastafoo69

mastafoo69

yes, still hits box collider if im inside the sphere. the collider sphere is yellow in color if i click on an ai while the game is running in the scene window. i dont know what is making it exactly so i cant disable it; but it seems to be a thing on any emerald ai character

2. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I've never ran into that issue. You can't untick the sphere colliders checkbox?

3. SuperSal

SuperSal

Hello

I'm looking forward to buy Emerald AI 2.0 but, before I buy I'd like to know if it is compatible with mobile games.

Also I'd like to know if I use Emerald AI to distract enemies by making noise? and with how can I use this plugin to command my companions to follow and stop?

Looking forward to hearing from you

4. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

@SuperSal I have actually made an Android build using using Emerald AI and it worked just fine.

5. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Struggling with what I thought would be a pretty simple setup. I have many, many characters under EmeraldAI control. Many do exactly the same thing, animation wise. Do I _NEED_ a unique override controller for _EACH_ character, or can I set one up with the setup manager, input all of the required animations, then use the "Setup Later" drop down selection to create the Emerald setup and then re-use the same override controller, and paste the Emerald_AI script values onto the other same character variants?

For instance, I have 30 medics. Each has the exact same mecanim anims. I used the setup manager on ALL, but only setup the animations on the first one. The others used the setup later option. The 1st one works fine, but the others do not animate the walk, just glide, and continue to play their idle animations while moving.

Going through the setup wizard for each and every character (roughly 200) will take me weeks. Any shortcuts?

Mark

6. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Has anyone set up an Emerald AI to use a Assault Rifle?

7. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Hmmm, interesting. I just fixed my own issue I think! I selected one of the medics, chose "Clear Controller" and then selected Revert All. That fixed it for some reason. FYI if anyone is thinking of doing the same...

8. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Interesting Would be good to know how you handle this with 2.2. I would expect that copy pasting a component and changing the Prefab reference should work. Hope BHS will post something about that in the 2.2 docs for creating fast replicates.

Cheers
    Ronny

9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I am hoping 2.2 is released soon!

@BHS

erichey likes this.
  10. wood333

wood333

It's just gotta be any day now, right?

erichey likes this.
  11. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

He originally said Nov of last year....

erichey likes this.
  12. wood333

wood333

Yes. I remember that. Fortunately I have been able to work on other parts of my game, but now I've reached the point when I need 2.2 for meaningful progress.

Come on, BHS! Bring the bacon!

erichey likes this.
  13. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Exactly! I am waiting on the 2.2 and really 2.3 to finish up the path where I want to go with my game.

erichey likes this.
  14. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

You need to remove the portion of code that looks for if the block button is being held. I haven't fully implemented blocking so the damage call isn't called if the block button is being held. I plan on adding it in when I'm updating the tutorials for version 2.2.

The spherical collider is used for target detection. It has a Ignore Raycast layer on it. Make sure your raycast is ignoring this layer so it isn't obstructing the target.

I have redone the way Animator Controllers are used with version 2.2. The reason you are having issues with AI that are sharing Animator Controllers is because of the Override Controller isn't intended for multiple AI. When this happens, it is updated across all AI sharing the Override Controller which will make animations skip and play incorrectly. With version 2.2, I have individual states for each category where each AI can independently play their own animation, even if they are using the same Animator Controller. I have completely removed the Override Controller as it caused too many issues.

Guns should be easier with version 2.2 as you will be able to use Animation Events to trigger the firing of a projectile. After 2.2, I will update the way ranged damage is calculated by adding in an option to use raycast instead of only using projectile objects. This should make things easier for AI who are using guns so they don't have to rely on an actual projectile to cause the damage.

I haven't I tested Emerald AI on mobile myself, but I have had customers use it on mobile.

There's no noise detection, yet. You can command AI by using the AI's API to control AI and companion AI.

With version 2.2, all you have to do for a replicate is duplicate or copy the AI. Since AI don't use Override Controllers anymore, there's no issues with skipping or cut animations.

I'm very close to submitting version 2.2. I'm just creating the included example scenes and making some last minute adjustments.

radiantboy, Mark_01, bml and 6 others like this.
  15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS one quick question on Crux, any chance Vegatation Studio Pro biomes can be worked out on this. You would sell a ton more if you can advertise that.

@LennartJohansen

noname2u2 likes this.
  16. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Is it possible to hide the AI UI if there is a GameObject in between?

17. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

@BHS,
    hi,
    does exists any guidance or manual or tutorial to using EAI under UNET?

18. erichris2902

erichris2902

@BHS12345 stop playing with our feelings and release the 2.2!! :rolleyes::p:D hahaha!! I just want to know how it goes?? Any ETA yet?? likewise it's not pressure, I'm just excited to be able to use it!!

erichey likes this.
  19. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

RIght now not. Emerald AI does not support Networking. BHS will take a closer look to it with Version 2.3 regarding UNET and Mirror.

Cheers
    Ronny

wood333 likes this.
  20. cloverme

cloverme

Is there a way to prevent the health bar from showing through a wall? I have an AI object on the other side of a wall but the health bar is showing through the wall.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  21. SuperSal

SuperSal

Awesome!

22. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I wonder if 2.2 if submitted yet...

23. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

@BHS, Im getting an error with emerald using unity 2018.3. I also use crux to spawn. Navmesh is baked and animals are appearing but concerned how this error will effect live builds.

"CalculatePolygonPath" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.
    UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent:CalculatePath(Vector3, NavMeshPath)
    Emerald_AI:Initialize() (at Assets/Emerald AI 2.0/Scripts/System/Emerald_AI.cs:621)
    Emerald_AI:Start() (at Assets/Emerald AI 2.0/Scripts/System/Emerald_AI.cs:578)

24. AdminArdagor

AdminArdagor

HI BHS ! There are key questions on the Emerald:

1) Will there be more support for 3 animations to attack? Three animations are very few for the game. (( You need at least 6 attack animations to build the game.

2) Will there be support for limb damage? (i.e. when we hit the blade on the arm or on the torso)

25. BHS

BHS

I already have plans to do add support for Vegetation Pro's biomes. :)

This just has to do with the UI shader. Just adjust the Emerald UI's Render Queue to be equal to other objects. I've fixed this with version 2.2.

I wonder...:)

This is due to Crux spawning an AI too high. Is your randomized height set too high? Try testing out the same spawn settings with a non-AI object to see if it is spawning correctly.

1) Support for 3 attack animations and 3 run attack animations are supported with the release of version 2.2 as I ran out of time to add them in. They will be added in with the version next update.

2) I believe with a few minor adjustments to version 2.2 it is possible, but I will officially add support for it with the very next update after version 2.2. I also was running short on time and wasn't able to add this.

26. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone,

Emerald AI version 2.2 has been submitted and is awaiting approval! I appreciate everyone's patience with how long the update took. I can assure you that it was well worth the wait.

I will be spending the rest of the week updating the documentation and tutorials to reflect the all of the changes with version 2.2 so they should be ready by the time version 2.2. is released. After that, I am going to start a tutorial series showing all sorts of awesome things you can do with version 2.2.

For those who have missed the development updates regarding version 2.2, here's a link to all of them.

An in-depth look at at each new major feature
    Look At and Aiming Improvements
    Release notes that aren't yet fully up to date

erichey, Mark_01, sapster and 7 others like this.
  27. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

This is Awesome News, Thanks for all the hard work. Cant wait to work with it.

BHS likes this.
  28. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

i hope to see some instructions to howto using it on UNET or Mirror :]
    some guidance ...

29. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @BHS. Which setting is this? Y spawn offset in Crux? If so I have that set to 0.

30. combatsheep

combatsheep

Hi.

When the player is surrounded by multiple enemy AIs, AI sometimes stops attacking.
    This problem occurs even if the AI is the same type or different types.
    Is there a way to solve this?(Something like adjusting parameter, etc)

31. Mark_01

Mark_01

I am not sure the integration with the new Opsive Ultimate character controller's is done yet?
    I am assuming the old UFPS integration will now work with the new version of Opsive 1st person view, but it is for the older version of UFPS? Thanks for all your hard work on this!

32. wood333

wood333

And the Invector Shooter integration probably needs a tune up as well?

33. radiantboy

radiantboy

Im trying to get my guys to jump across things, they work but emerald just plays the walk animation. Is there any way to use a jump animation ?

Oh, and in 2.2 can people shoot rapidly now?

ps 2.2 looks great cant wait to try it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  34. magique

magique

I wrote up integration instructions for Opsive's new controller. You can find them here. As soon as Emerald AI 2.2 is released, I will update the documentation to include any changes necessary. I've already worked with @BHS on the differences and so I can tell you they are minor.

[EDIT]
    Of course, @BHS may be planning to write his own instructions. But until then, you can use mine if you need it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    BHS, Mark_01 and Weblox like this.
  35. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS Outside of 2.3, I'd be interested in your addon "Flying Creature" asset.

combatsheep likes this.
  36. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS I noticed that 2.2 is up on the store! Congrats! One thing I am wondering about is that it says not compatible with other versions of Emerald AI. Does that mean that I need to recreate my AI component? If so, it is not a big deal as I stopped production on my game anticipating this would happen. Any idea what your plans are for 2.3 when you start working on it? :) That is really what I am waiting on (along with 2.2 features). I need something to have complex boss fights! Thanks again for your hard work!

37. Marcirazzo

Marcirazzo

Great BHS! We would be delighted to know what you plan to do with 2.3

38. magique

magique

Darrkbeast, BHS and RonnyDance like this.
  39. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Congrats for this awesome release!

BHS posted that he will focus on more complex AI / fights with 2.3, which I also hope.
    I would love to see following features with 2.3:
    - More attack animations. I think BHS wanted to add 6 for the next update
    - Complex boss fight features like, random timers, more attack animations, switching phases, Casting markers feature when casting AOE spells (like typical floor markers when a spell is casted on this position etc).
    - Better Threat System for switching aggro using a list with damage done by players and not only switch after X hits.
    - Range and Meele attack feature. Like creature type mages do range casts and when player in meele range do meele attacks. So a check like if PlayerInRange() <=5 which would do meele if player is in 5 meters range.
    - Creature Types or Templates: Creature types like human, boss, bird, mage, etc which specific options which you can always reuse or tweak a little bit.
    - Network support for Mirror

Anyway now it's time to play with version 2.2 and I can't wait to test the new version. Thanks so much for the hard work and time you took for making this update possible @BHS .

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    SickaGames1 and erichris2902 like this.
  40. Warspawn

Warspawn

Hi what are the assets used in the demo videos? The FPS arms and characters? I'm assuming they don't come with it?

41. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

i think we have to do that :]

42. BHS

BHS

There's a global Y and a randomized Y within each object. I will take a look at this when I get the chance.

It looks like your AI may have their colliders or NavMesh Radii too high. Try lowering them to see if it resolves the issue. Also, try increasing your Attack Distance.

Yes, I will be updating all of the integration tutorials today and tomorrow.

You could probably use an Emote animation, if you could detect when the AI is jumping. I haven't really looked into it though. When I get the chance, I'll see how it can be done.

Ranged attacks are still based on actual projectiles, but they now use Animation Events so AI can fire rapidly and consistently. I plan on adding the ability to use raycasts instead of projectiles soon.

Thanks! What you have said is roughly what I have planned for 2.3. :)

You're welcome! I hope you, and everyone else, enjoys the update.

The assets that were used can be found in the video description. They are not included.

combatsheep likes this.
  43. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

Emerald AI version 2.2 has been accepted and is now live!
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/40199

Version 2.2 got accepted a quicker than I expected so I'm still working on updating the documentation, integration tutorials, and making tutorial videos for version 2.2. I'm working on getting everything finished as soon as possible.

If anyone has any questions or needs help with version 2.2, you can ask here and I'll do my best to help you out. :)

I hope everyone enjoys version 2.2!

44. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

I was just curious but the page still says 2.0

45. JW86

JW86

It says 2.2 in the smaller box on the left hand side.

Good job, BHS, thank you! I'm looking forward to working with this. I am wondering your thoughts on ease of integration of 2.2 with Invector TPS/AI?

46. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

Wow the new changes look awesome! I have to ask, in the video there is an npc picking berries, but in the write up I am not sure you list jobs/tasks as a feature. Can I have an ai that can walk from his home to his job and animate him working? Or is that feature still to come?

47. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@vis2k @BHS anyway to integrate Emerald into uRPG?

erichey likes this.
  48. paulojsam

paulojsam

im sorry if this sounds dumb but i cant find the scene showed on utube for 2.2 the one with the archer. where those just examples for utube but not project scenes?

49. Darrkbeast

Darrkbeast

2.2 fixed my UI scaling issues, thats a great help. Set up an ai in about 8 minutes, only a few changes from the other version. I like all the new features, more control over things. I also like the new damage script. I use UCC and with magique's script updates it works perfect. Thanks magique.

BHS and magique like this.
  50. Snownebula

Snownebula

I am a Crux user, and yes I meant to post this there sorry. I do a lot of posting when I'm tired. Thanks :) I look forward to this, it would be amazing.

SickaGames1 likes this.