Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Scroll back a few pages.

2. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

What for?

3. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Preview of 2.2

AndyNeoman likes this.
  4. BHS

BHS

Cool, thanks for sharing!

The Box Collider is intended to be fit to your AI. I have it automatically detect the bounds of your AI's model, but sometimes it doesn't work correctly so you may need to adjust it. I used a box collider because I feel like it offers the most flexibility when fitting it to an AI's model shape. A collider is needed in order for AI to detect each other as well as collisions for damage.

Hey there,

I received your email, I'm respond here.

This spike is a known issue with Unity. Google Font.CacheFontForText, there are many Unity users who have had this issue. It isn't just related to Emerald AI. I am very aware of how Emerald AI performs and I always use the profiler testing each portion of the system to ensure there are no spikes like this.

Perhaps it's only related to the version of Unity you are using. I just tested the current version of Emerald AI with health bars, combat text, AI name, and AI level enabled with no performance spike like that when the AI dies. This was done with Unity 2017.1.

Is there any other information you can provide that might allow me to properly recreate the issue you're having? When I get the chance, I will test this on the exact version of Unity you are using to see if it's a version of Unity related issue.

5. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

@BHS What are the odds that you create us some custom health bars for NPCs :)

6. evan_mundy

evan_mundy

Is there a tutorial on damaging ai characters if i am using my own controller?

Forget it.

Figured it out using ufps integration.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  7. unicat

unicat

Spider (ranged) from the demo scenes doesn`t work in my indoor scene. I see the spider shooting, but the bullet never reaches the enemy. If i create a terrain in the same scene (a little outside from the indoor scene) and put the spider, his enemy and the player on this terrain it works fine. What could be wrong ? Thanks.

8. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Any chance 2.2 comes out this month?

9. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Can we expect a raycast ranged weapon type anytime soon in a future update? I think this would be an awesome idea for A.I with guns as weapons.

10. BHS

BHS

I'm not much of an artist so not likely :)

That sounds like the obstruction detection feature. This is used so an AI only fires a projectile if their target isn't obstructed. Lowering your attack distance should help.

That's the plan.

Yes, I'm planning on adding this with the 2.3 update.

SickaGamer likes this.
  11. cheesee09

cheesee09

invector tpc doesn't receive damage when blocking emerald ai attacks

12. cheesee09

cheesee09

My invector tpc doesn't receive damage when I blocking emerald ai attacks even if i use a higher amount of damage.

13. cheesee09

cheesee09

My invector tpc player doesn't receive damage when blocking emerald ai attacks even when I set the ai's damage higher

14. BHS

BHS

The Invector integration doesn't cover blocking. I will be adding this to the tutorial after the release of version 2.2.

15. cheesee09

cheesee09

When will you release version 2.2?

16. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

3 post above he said that he is trying to release it this month...

17. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @BHS , Any advice for making the AI speed up actions and choices. My animals seem to stand facing each other for long periods even though i have max attack speed set to .01. It also appear that the gethit animations never play on my AI even though they are setup and i can see dameage is happening. Is this a known bug?

18. BHS

BHS

You can make your AI attack quicker by setting your Minimum and Maximum Chase Time to 0. The way attacks and attack speed are handled is different with version 2.2. With version 2.2, AI will immediately play their attack when approaching their target. They will also be able to attack a lot quicker. As for the get hit animation, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be playing. Is your AI properly receiving damage from hits?

AndyNeoman likes this.
  19. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Yes, they are losing hitpoints and play the die animation correctly when they should. I look forward to the new version. it's really nice, easy to use asset overall.

20. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi, I'm new. Working on a VR project(own code) and using Emerald AI for enemy NPC's. Just curious as to how to get the emerald AI NPC's to hit and damage my Player. Was hoping there was a health scriopt and and apply damage script i could use for my player and projectiles respectively and the integration tutorials seem to cover raycast shooting which im not using. Please help.

21. Mojo-Game-Studio

Mojo-Game-Studio

This is the same for me BTW. kinda waiting on 2.2 update so didn't think it worth mentioning

AndyNeoman likes this.
  22. Duffer123

Duffer123

@BHS , how goes it? How goes the v2.2 update?

Are you waiting on a release from Unity as well?

23. lawsochi

lawsochi

Hi, I have one question from non-professional to professional :)
    I know that now the Unity team has achieved great success with their new technologies ECS / Jobs / Burst, ets. We all see what huge advantages it gives in terms of performance on the example of Vegetation Studios Pro. On individual tests, the advantage is up to 20x. Question.
    Do you think it will be useful to use these technologies for the AI, and are you considering the possibility of using them, and if so how much time it may take and how much work will be required.
    Thank.

manarito, Mark_01 and Duffer123 like this.
  24. cheesee09

cheesee09

Hello @BHS can you explain how your fleeing, fighting and detection algorithm works? I just need it for my thesis paper chapter 3 in fundamental algorithms

25. PlainStudios

PlainStudios

I'm having a problem with the ranged AI attacks . They don't seem to do any damage ... Not sure if I need to set something up before adding the projectile ?

26. BHS

BHS

An external script for player damage is coming with the 2.2 update. All users will have to do is add a custom function and Emerald AI will call it. For now, you need a reference to your AI object and use the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (YourVRHitObject.GetComponent<Emerald_AI>() != null)
    2. {
    3.    YourVRHitObject.GetComponent<Emerald_AI>().Damage(Emerald_AI.TargetType.Player, (int)DamageAmount);
    4. }

The 2.2 update is going well. It ended up being a lot of work and a lot of stuff needed to be written to accommodate Root Motion support as well as the code clean up and code reorganizing. I'm still shooting for the end of the month, but given the holidays and unforeseen factors, it may be delayed just a little bit. The 2.2 update is probably equivalent to the initial 2.0 release as far as improvements and additions go. I am not waiting for Unity. I'm just trying to get everything finished.

Yes, I certainly will look into utilizing the Unity's new ECS. Once the 2.3 update is released, I will can look into what will be needed and changed to do so. :)

Yes, I'll send you a PM explaining everything.

When creating a projectile object within the Emerald AI editor, you need to make sure you press the Update Projectile button. This will initially add all needed components and apply/update the projectile's settings.

27. attaway

attaway

Does Emerald AI work with Final IK (from ROOTMOTION)?

FullMe7alJacke7 likes this.
  28. GamePyro-com

GamePyro-com

I have same problem any fix ?

29. jean-chretien

jean-chretien

Hello,

I am just starting with Emerald AI and I got this error message.
    "CalculatePolygonPath" can only be called on an active agent that has been placed on a NavMesh.

The walk animation will be displayed but the prefab will not move. Terrain has been created with Gaia and prefab supposed to be wandering around.

Thanks

30. cheesee09

cheesee09

You must bake the navmesh first. To do that mark your terrain or plane as static then go to window-navigation -area then click bake

31. Ascensi

Ascensi

@BHS Does Emerald AI include the ability to call external methods? I'd like your asset to work with the Asset "Game Creator" I see you already have a tut to make Emerald work with Game kit controller so I'm wondering if there is any major changes that would have to be done to make it work.. thanks.

Duffer123 likes this.
  32. jean-chretien

jean-chretien

Thanks ! It worked perfectly !

33. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

@BHS will 2.3 take as long as 2.2?

34. attaway

attaway

I'm having the same problem on Mojave 10.14.1.
    The UI isn't scaling correctly in the inspector window.
    Here are screenshots.

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 8.31.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 8.32.38 AM.png

35. PlainStudios

PlainStudios

I'm looking for a way to add a spawn animation but I haven't been able to find a way to bypass the idle animation at start . Is there any way I can do this ?

36. FullMe7alJacke7

FullMe7alJacke7

I'm also curious on the spawn animation question and the final IK question

I'm making a VR RPG & RTS game and I would love to use both final IK and emerald AI for my army controller & animation system

37. tgamorris76

tgamorris76

Hi @BHS thanks for the script, will give it a shot later and let you know how it worked out.

38. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

You have to assign the event in awake, so on emeralds start there will be a event to add.

Code (CSharp):
    1. protected Emerald_AI m_EmeraldAI = null;
    2.     public Emerald_AI EmeraldAI {
    3.         get {
    4.             if (m_EmeraldAI == null)
    5.                 m_EmeraldAI = gameObject.GetComponent<Emerald_AI> ();
    6.             return m_EmeraldAI;
    7.         }
    8.     }
    9. [Header ("Spawning")]
    10.     public bool UseSpawnEffect = false;
    11.     [Space (5f)]
    12.     public int SpawnEmoteID = -1;
    13.     public AudioClip SpawnSoundFX;
    14.     public GameObject SpawnEffectObject;
    17. public void Awake ()
    18.     {
    19.         SpawnFX ();
    20.     }
    22. /// <summary>
    23.     /// Spawns the FX.
    24.     /// </summary>
    25.     public void SpawnFX ()
    26.     {
    27.         if (!UseSpawnEffect)
    28.             return;
    30.         // PLAY ANIMATION
    31.         if (SpawnEmoteID != -1)
    32.             EmeraldAI.OnStartEvent.AddListener (EmoteSpawnFX);
    33.         // PLAY SOUNDS FX
    34.         if (SpawnSoundFX != null)
    35.             EmeraldAI.OnStartEvent.AddListener (SFXSpawnFX);
    36.         // CREATE SPAWN FX
    37.         if (SpawnEffectObject != null)
    38.             EmeraldAI.OnStartEvent.AddListener (EffectSpawnFX);      
    39.     }
    40.     public void EmoteSpawnFX ()
    41.     {
    42.         EmeraldAI.PlayEmoteAnimation (SpawnEmoteID);
    43.     }
    44.     public void SFXSpawnFX ()
    45.     {
    46.         EmeraldAI.PlaySound (SpawnSoundFX);
    47.     }
    48.     public void EffectSpawnFX ()
    49.     {
    50.         EmeraldAI.CreateEffect (SpawnEffectObject);
    51.     }

Mark_01 likes this.
  39. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Okay so I havent used this asset in a while because it was so incomplete at the time and felt so year 2004.. But it looks much better now, But Im gonna use it in VR. And the AI there gonna be like humans and neighborhood like. walk and go inside houses where they live and act if the player is an asshole, depends on how big of an asshole the player is, so different actions.. Is this asset now capable of handle life like actions? The biggest question is, can they navigate inside of houses and do random stuff with help of the event handler?

40. Ewan-Churchill

Ewan-Churchill

Can someone show me how to set up player (VR) weapon damage to an AI. I currently have this set up but the AI does not take damage. upload_2018-11-24_13-25-21.png upload_2018-11-24_13-26-10.png

41. attaway

attaway

Can Emerald AI be used for Passive NPCs such as village or traveling vendors, or normal villagers doing their normal daily tasks; sleeping, going to work, eating, then coming back home, and similar things? Then if they are attacked they would respond using Emerald AI's combat system?
    Such as in Skyrim or Red Dead Redemption 2?

erichey and mattis89 like this.
  42. mattis89

mattis89

remember the tag and layer

43. mattis89

mattis89

final IK is just to add. Very ease

44. Ewan-Churchill

Ewan-Churchill

I'm a bit of a rookie. Can you explain a bit more. I've tagged and layered everything i think i need to only when adding the 'Player' layer to my VR player it falls through the floor.

45. lazyfly75

lazyfly75

Hi there,
    since a while I'm getting this error: Assets/Emerald AI 2.0/Scripts/Demo Player/MouseLook.cs(6,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `MouseLook'

Is this common? Is there a fix?

Regards

46. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

This means you have 2 files with the same name, find the file located in emerald a / scripts / demo player and delete the mouse look script

47. lazyfly75

lazyfly75

Thanks, but now its (as always) followed by this: Assets/Crux - Procedural AI Spawner/Scripts/System/Crux.cs(285,16): error CS1061: Type `Button' does not contain a definition for `onClick' and no extension method `onClick' of type `Button' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

48. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

hmmm not sure, maybe try reimporting it again, Button and onclick are used with UI which is unityengine. not too sure :/

49. mattis89

mattis89

looks like you allready have a mouselook script thats interfearing

50. mattis89

mattis89

dont know how to be clearer. Look at the collisions of the player layer, what does it colide with?