Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Will later come enemys they can shoot?

julianr likes this.
  2. RAZD112

RAZD112

i couldnt find any root option in the editor.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. LittleMike

LittleMike

Hey there. Just an FYI. I finally got around to testing this out and the demo scenes are all broken. Specifically what happens is the whole world starts spinning when you press play. I think I've fixed it, though. There were "missing" scripts from the scene. They were looking for UniStormCharacterController.cs and UniStormMouseLook.cs. I also own Unistorm, so the scripts existed, so that wasn't the problem. After jumping into both of the above scripts, though, the class names don't match the script names. I renamed the main class in each and everything seems to be working fine now. So anyway, just wanted to let you know in case anyone has Emerald AI but not Unistorm on the latest build, I'm not sure if it'll work. I'm a programming noob, but the Unity console pointed me in the right direction.

4. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Is beta testing in progress? The end of September is just around the corner.

5. wwg

wwg

Hi all,
    I'm having some trouble getting the AI to attack my UFPS player. I've followed the tutorial here (http://emerald-animal-ai.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorialshttp://emerald-animal-ai.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorials), but the problem is that UFPS changes the player layer at run time (i.e. the player object layer drop down is changed to blank). If I manually switch it back to 'default' the AI will attack.

So, this is really a UFPS issue, but I'd like to know how other Emerald users are dealing with it.

Thanks!

EDIT - Solution Found:

UFPS is dynamically setting several layers at runtime. There is a UFPS script named vp_Layer.cs where they are declaring layer 30 as the LocalPlayer level. I had "LocalPlayer" in layer slot 24 and slot 30 was blank. So, at runtime, UFPS was setting the player (hero) to layer 30 which was blank. When I set layer slot 30 to "LocalPlayer" it started working.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  6. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

7. Snownebula

Snownebula

Fall is officially here :D

BHS likes this.
  8. RAZD112

RAZD112

ive weird issue im using Animals full pack from the Profactor ..
    and most of my animals animations weird ... theyre laggy doing unexplained things like head in the earth and split of sec disappearing moving their head randomly.. pls help .. ty

9. BHS

BHS

The plan is to have ranged attack. However, I'm not sure if it will make it in time for the release of 2.0. If it doesn't, it will be added shortly after.

Thanks for info and I'm aware of this issue. It will be fixed with Emerald 2.0.

If you've imported UFPS as a project, those tags should have been added automatically. The tutorial covers setting the layer to local player so it knows to look for the LocalPlayer layer, but thanks for your solution.

You're welcome :)

It should work. Does it support Mecanim? For the best quality, Mecanim is recommended.

It sounds like you have colliders or rigidbody components on your AI. To confirm whether it's the animations or not, try testing just the animations on the model in a separate scene with a different Animator Controller that's not using Emerald.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  10. RAZD112

RAZD112

ive rigidbody tried without any colliders and its the same ... the character seller says that its not the animations for sure ..

11. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

Hi @BHS , for the input question, "Which (in development) feature would you like to see the most implemented with Emerald Animal AI", will you implement this (Predator and Prey system support (allows animals to hunt and flee from each other) in 2.0?

I wonder, just for the roadmap of my project. Well i am in doubt if i buy this resource (JP Script Extension) which does basically the same thing, but is very expensive. But if it's implemented in 2.0, i'll wait. Because i've gotten used to working with Emerald.:)
    Sorry to ask you about another asset, but it's important.:p Thank you.

I'm simply amazed by Emerald, it's just fantastic. I already bought CRUX to make my design more robust. Thanks again for the great work:D

12. wwg

wwg

My hostile AI has been working well, but now it's rotating 90 degrees (sometimes right, sometimes left) before it attacks. The 'Use Turn Animation' is not enabled. Any thoughts for how to correct this?

Thanks!

13. RAZD112

RAZD112

hey ive managed to resolve my issue it happened because of the Use gravity in Rigidbody was ticked for those who was wondering .
    so now another las t question i guess will Emerald 2.0 support in flying AI like Birds ?
    will it have Breeding sys for Wild life ? thanks man great work BTW

14. wood333

wood333

That's great! Uh.. what?

jessejarvis likes this.
  15. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

No worries. The predator and prey system will be available for Emerald 2.0. It will also work better than the current version.

Thanks! Great to hear you're enjoying Crux and Emerald :)

Hey there!

Strange, what model pack are you using?

Some models' animations need to be tweaked because their rotations are off. This can be handled via the animation settings in the project tab. Try setting the Y off set to -90 or 90 to counter the rotations being off by 90 degrees.

Is this only happening with the attack animation?

If this doesn't work, which it might not because it's happening with both left and right, make sure your Stopping Dostance is set high enough. The AI may be too far away to properly trigger its rotate towards player function.

Oops. This was supposed to say "smoothly transition with an object's angle and the terrain angle"

AI can seamlessly align with any object, not just the terrain. One example could be aligning with a rock or a bridge and then aligning back with the terrain angle. The caps for the X and Z axis can be customized as well as the speed in which the AI aligns.

wood333 likes this.
  16. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

No worries. The predator and prey system will be available for Emerald 2.0. It will also work better than the current version.

Thanks! Great to hear you're enjoying Crux and Emerald :)

Hey there!

Strange, what model pack are you using?

Some models' animations need to be tweaked because their rotations are off. This can be handled via the animation settings in the project tab. Try setting the Y off set to -90 or 90 to counter the rotations being off by 90 degrees.

Is this only happening with the attack animation?

If this doesn't work, which it might not because it's happening with both left and right, make sure your Stopping Dostance is set high enough. The AI may be too far away to properly trigger its rotate towards player function.

Hey there!

Great to hear and thanks.

Emerald 2.0 will support flying AI, but not something like small birds that are used as background wildlife. Birds are too small to use Emerald. What I would recommend for that would be something like the Bird Flock asset on the Asset Store.

Oops. This was supposed to say "smoothly transition with an object's angle and the terrain angle"

AI can seamlessly align with any object, not just the terrain. One example could be aligning with a rock or a bridge and then aligning back with the terrain angle. The caps for the X and Z axis can be customized as well as the speed in which the AI aligns.

17. RAZD112

RAZD112

ive script that i created for flocking its suits to birds and fish ..
    but i mean i think i need emerald to create fleeing trigger hunting(eagles etc..) what would you do for that kinda stuff ?

and something weird happened to me when i tick the "use attack sound "and other sound ..
    i can hear the animals to loudly even though im far away from them
    i used spatial blend

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  18. Cartoon-Mania

Cartoon-Mania

Do you have any news about 2.0 ?

wood333 likes this.
  19. BHS

BHS

Yes, it supports flying AI that hover/fly above the ground at a constant height. Better flying support will come after Emerald 2.0's release.

You need to make sure your AudioSource's Max Distance is set lower.

Yes, I will have a status update posted tomorrow. The beta should be ready between Monday and Wednesday of next week.

magique likes this.
  20. RAZD112

RAZD112

Thanks for reply I hope it works :)))

21. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

@BHS Still no ETA for 2.0? Is it expected to be released in 2017? I have a couple of new projects coming up in the new year. I would like to try to use this AI for at least one of them.

Mark

22. julianr

julianr

BETA is starting at the end of next week I believe (from an Earlier post), so I'd imagine if there are no major issues the 2.0 release will be after that :) Looking forward to the update

23. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

I would thinking on buy this asset, but i'm focus on a sci fi development game, but i liked this AI so much,
    I would like that it have a shooter weapon example for player,
    Maybe in near future do you have plan to add ranged weapons and spells ?

24. magique

magique

The AI can be used for any genre. It's no genre specific.

The player wouldn't be AI so I don't see how this is relevant.

This seems to me to be completely outside the scope of AI. You could easily use this on enemy characters that have weapons and weapon firing animations as well as spell animations.

25. julianr

julianr

Ranged weapons is being supported after 2.0 release
    See here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...y-herds-npcs-more.336521/page-25#post-3231497

Sr-Liermann and magique like this.
  26. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

julianr likes this.
  27. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

The Emerald 2.0 Beta is nearly finished. It should be ready sometime next week. :)

The animation options have been added to the Emerald Editor. The new animation options allow animations to be changed directly through the Emerald Editor. This means users no longer have to manually assign the animations through the Animator Controller's states. This new method also allows animation speeds to be changed through the editor.

Emerald will automatically create an Animator Controller for your AI. This method is greatly improved compared to the previous version. Users are also able to pick their save location for the created Animator Controller using the Save Dialogue Window. This system uses Mecanim as it has better functionality and features compared to the Legacy animation system.

The editor can detect when changes have been made to an AI's animations and it will prompt you to update it.

AnimationSettings.png

AnimationSettings2.png

The Disable when Off-Screen feature, that allows AI to be disabled when culled or not visible by the camera, has also been further improved. Previously, if an AI had multiple LODs, this feature couldn't be used. Emerald 2.0 fixes and supports multiple LODs. Emerald can makes this process easy and can automatically grab all of your AI's LOD Group levels. However, AI's renderers can be added manually. The Auto Grab LODs, as well as the Disable when Off-Screen feature, are completely optional.

AutoLOD.gif

Up to 5 sounds can be used for each category of sound (more can be added if requested). This is due to lists not being able to be serialized. So, individual AudioClips are serialized and added to the list on Start. This allows all AI to have Multi-object Editing Support, even with sounds. Without this workaround, Multi-object Editing wouldn't be possible for the sound options. No sounds can also be used by simply selecting "None".

Sounds.png

RobsonFMaciel, magique and julianr like this.
  28. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Nice, can emerald AI work with Invector Controllers?

29. neodotca

neodotca

Hi, i have 2 problems, first the "Hit" animation doesn't work on any of my enemies, i checked the "Hit" animation and it looks fine.

Second problem, some of my enemies, not all, are sometimes "sliding" instead of "walking, again, i checked the animation and it looks fine, can someone help please, thanks!

Here's the gif anim

http://recordit.co/P4xHCDf40H

30. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

1) You have checked that you have a hit animation applied to the AI's Animator Controller and that you have enabled to use hit animations?

2) It looks like your AI's walk animation isn't set to loop. This has to be done manually through the animation settings in the Project tab of Unity.

31. neodotca

neodotca

It's all good, thanks for your fast reply!

32. BHS

BHS

You're welcome!

By Invector Controllers, do you mean the Invector 3rd Person Controller assets? Last time I checked, it was possible, but it depends on if you have the open source version. The open source version allows you to access the API that's needed to trigger attacks and take damage through Invector. Without it, you would have to implement your own health system for Invector. This is more of a limitation with Invector rather than Emerald. However, it has been awhile since I've tested the asset. I can reach out to the developer to see if we can find proper integration.

wood333 and julianr like this.
  33. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Thanks for reply!
    Do you recomend
    Realistic FPS Prefab
    then for best solution of integration with emerald AI?

34. RobsonFMaciel

RobsonFMaciel

BHS likes this.
  35. BHS

BHS

RFPS is easier to integrate and there is a tutorial on the Emerald Wiki. However, the post above mine has a tutorial to integrate Emerald with Invector.

36. Salja

Salja

I want to buy sice long time but i dont know how i can ootii to integrade

37. wood333

wood333

In all honesty, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a tutorial. An Invector user has provided direction for what I would call a partial integration accomplished by altering scripts. It is not officially supported, meaning, there is no certainty that the script changes will be compatible with Emerald upgrades or with Invector upgrades, or with Unity upgrades, nor will the suggested script changes be downward compatible.

However, for experienced programmers who are not adverse to modifying, and on occasion, re-modifying official scripts for the functionality they desire for their projects, it offers insight and suggests one way to go.

38. BHS

BHS

What asset specifically do you want to integrate with Emerald?

I looked at it again and I would agree.

wood333 likes this.
  39. Salja

Salja

Ootii Motion Controller, the Best character Controller for unity, ootii has extra packs for sword and shield, spell casting

When Emerald works i mean the damage Part then i buy 10 copys instand

ICE will have in next update ootii Support i have saw on ICE github the damage handler for ootii but the ICE update comes never out and Emerald looks for me nicer

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/search/page=1/sortby=popularity/query=publisher:4934

40. BHS

BHS

I haven't tested it yet, but I can certainly reach out to the developer to see if we can find support. Emerald AI has tons of accessible API that should make it fairly simple to do.

41. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

The Emerald AI 2.0 Beta starts later tomorrow and the beta invites have been sent. If for some reason you were missed, PM me your Emerald AI invoice number and I'll add you to the beta.

RobsonFMaciel likes this.
  42. Salja

Salja

Tim the developer of ootii is really nice guy he will help im sure i really hope you can add Support then me and some other will buy instand emerald is the only ai at the Moment what we can use then ice will never updated

43. wood333

wood333

I would not be surprised to see interest in Emerald integration with all three leading controllers, by Opsive, Ooti, and Invector. They are all mature assets ready to do battle with Emerald ai creatures, except they lack integration to recognize battle damage, (hits, blocks, damage, etc.). As a small developer I greatly prefer official integration because it makes it easier and less expensive for us to use these great assets. (I own all three controllers plus Emerald and Unistorm.)

I am also hopeful for tight integration among Emerald, Unistorm and Crux. Such integration is priceless.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  44. Sr-Liermann

Sr-Liermann

Nice, I really liked emerald, but about controllers, I have decided to choice the Invector Controllers, than RFPS.
    I see in the wiki that the RPFS is more easy to setup with Emerald than Invector, but I think that the last one its more polished.

I will wait for the oficial integration with Invector Controllers for buy the Emerald.

wood333 likes this.
  45. BHS

BHS

Yes, spoke with Tim and was able to get a copy of the Third Person Motion Controller. I plan on having support for it by the time of release.

Integration with the top controller assets is a top priority. Some are easier than others. The controller developers that have custom defines for example #if USING_OPSIVE_TPC would make full integration possible. This would allow Emerald to directly call and receive damage by directly calling a controller's functions. If the controller isn't detected in the project, than the custom define portion of code is excluded from compiling. If a controller asset doesn't have a define, and it requires specific parameters, than you have to do something like what was done with the RFPS integration. An option could even be added to the Emerald Editor to let users choose which character controller to use.

Tutorials will at least be provided for integration that will walk users through integrating Emerald manually.

Invector integration is a top priority. I will also reach out to the developer to see how full support can be added.

Salja, wood333 and TeagansDad like this.
  46. Salja

Salja

Thanks will be amazing the ootii Support have You at the Moment a idea about a Release date for the update i have read endlich of September or 2 weeks more you think your in time!

47. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey,
    Got a question about Emerald AI 2.0 -

Will there be an upgrade fee for Emerald 2.0?

I am looking at picking up Emerald AI but I have to wait until next Friday.

48. BHS

BHS

You're welcome!

No release date can be given yet. It all depends on how the beta test goes. Once I feel like Emerald is working flawlessly, it will be submitted to the Asset Store.

Hey there!

There will not be an upgrade fee. Everyone who has Emerald will be able update to version 2.0 for free.

49. skinwalker

skinwalker

I stopped receiving notifications from this thread, so I am wondering what happened with the Emerald AI 2.0 beta, I haven't received an email or something.

50. BHS

BHS

The beta is full, but we discussed you being apart of the beta awhile back so I will add you. Please PM me your Emerald AI Invoice Number and I will add you to the beta. You must be a valid Emerald custom in order to be apart of the beta.