Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. warthos3399

warthos3399

Pushing them back is a totally different senario, that requires an animation (your model needs to have) that does that function, which is a "hit and push" type animation... And im guessing that model doesnt have that animation.. only thing you can do is look through your animations list, and see if you have anything relative to that, then impliment it through EAI...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

it doesn't no only have a charge animation walk run and eat

3. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ok, "charge" is only a "hit" animation, NOT a "push back", so you have to compensate for that, Sounds like that model has "limited" animations/functions". Sad to say, that models Animations are not suited for your purpose..find another model that has suited animations, or have someone who can model those animations for you...

4. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah i see thank you for your help :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  5. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

my lion jumps on attack is their anyway to make it grip on to the cow ? sorry for being a pain!

6. warthos3399

warthos3399

Your not a pain,lol and im no expert, lol. Know what your trying to do, 2 ways i can think of.

1) go through your animations and see if theres any that are close (eat, eat2, etc.) and play that animation next after the jump attack.

2) at the end of the jump attack animation (or what ever animation you use), you have to delay or pause it, so it looks as if hes hanging on to the cow. That can be done with that animation, you DONT want to loop it, you want it to only run once. Alot of animations are looped, like walk, run, etc., so they continue.

Maybe BHS can elaborate or have a different idea :)

7. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah right il have to give that ago :) so if i don't have the attack on loop it should hold on? just making sure i'm understanding correctly :)

8. warthos3399

warthos3399

Im not sure, as i cant look at your animations :) Just giving you what i would try, like i said for the most part your limited by your animations... I feel like we are hijacking the thread, if BHS cant help or not around, please send a Conversation, be glad to help if i can bro :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  9. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

okay thanks mate i'll finish what i can and get more animations see if that helps :) oops yes lol will do :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  10. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Hi All- Bought Emerald AI while back and just now brought into a large project until now and setup manager doesn't come up with selection under "Window => Emerald AI" or "Shift-Ctrl-E"" - Note: [Fraction Manager] does come up OK. Zero Console bricks. Any ideas? Thanks!

11. warthos3399

warthos3399

I never use the manager to be honest, best way is to Add Component/Scripts/emerald AI, i find it alot easier to set up a agent that way.

12. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Thanks warthos3399 - Went the component-Script Route and now lost my terrain.. Using MapMagic with Massive terrain, etc - strange Probably something simple but been cranking on scenery all day and just now adding humanoids :). I'll pick it up tomorrow.

13. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Nevermind - Works in game mode but scene problems- lol all good. thanks -

warthos3399 likes this.
  14. warthos3399

warthos3399

Welcome and best of luck bro :)

15. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

i have cattle that display a eat emote and drink when collider with certain objects using play emote but my cows seem to keep sliding forward while displaying emotes not sure why any ideas ? also the needs system only allows one index number is it possible to add two to allow two different animations?

16. warthos3399

warthos3399

EAI on T-Rex(s) wait till you see their combat animations, lol, Still some tweaks to be done, but loving it. They sniff, scratch, and shake:

BHS and unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg like this.
  17. BHS

BHS

If you had version 1 of Emerald AI before you imported the newest version, that would most likely be the cause as you need to completely remove version 1 before importing the new version. If it’s a fresh import, try reimporting to see if it resolves the problem.

As for creating an AI, don’t add the component using Add Component. The Setup Manager is designed to fully setup and initialize an AI properly. Using Add Component can cause issues.

18. warthos3399

warthos3399

There he is....and i stand corrected, and he is right, lol. @BHS , i do it that way because i dont Always have a animation controller set up, and you cant do it through the set up manager if you DONT have a controller ready..., and ive had no issues what so ever, working great :)

19. BHS

BHS

Make sure your stopping distance is set large enough. If it’s too small, it can cause sliding.

You would have to add an int list to the needs system and have an AI randomly pick an animation index when it arrives at its waypoint.

I can improve the system further to even look at the tag of the resource object so it can determine what animation to use such as using a drinking animation for a water source and an eating animation for a food source. I’ll add this in when I get the chance.

20. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah right at the moment is their any other way to not have it randomly so i can put a drinking and an eating animation at correct areas? and is their a way i can place the created way points so my cows only drink at the edge of the river( but can still walk through the lake) ?

21. BHS

BHS

Not unless you code it in. I’ll try to add the tags feature in when I get the chance.

As for the water waypoints, use empty game objects and add a box collider to them with the appropriate layer. Also, set Is Trigger on your box collider to true. You can then place these along the edge of your river, but they will still walk around the river.

22. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah that would be awesome :)

gonna give that a whirl now :)

23. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

Hi there,

I'm looking for an AI system and found this (i think) fairly simple to use and feature rich AI asset.
    I want to know opinion from people using this system.

So, I'm currently making a small exploration, walking sim (with a bit of shooting). The AIs are aggressive "zombies" and humans (gun and melee), so what I need for my AIs is:
    1. Sound detection.
    2. Climb over, crawl under and jump over object.
    3. Sync kill animation with player. (I know this is not really a feature but I want to know is it easy to implement)

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  24. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ok i wasnt going to do this, as i wanted to wait for Emerald AI's update, but...i wanted to show you what the FINAL animated version of T-Rex, looks like. I will add in the new turning annimation in when the next version of EAI is out:
    Now onto the Video and Update:
    1. adjusted all speed parameters (AI and Annimation base)
    2. adjusted Navmesh settings/interactions/offset
    3. set up all Combat annimations/interactions
    This is a showcase of what EAI is capable of in current state, great AI Project, updated frequently, and great service (if you encounter any probs, i havent):

25. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

my idle animation only allows 3 then 1 separate for non combat and 1 separate for combat but it says a max of 6 can be used any ideas? thanks :)

26. warthos3399

warthos3399

Those 3 are "random" generated, i know it says 6, but is because it calculates "all incuded" annimations", as i interpet it, meaning you have 3 random, 1 (non combat) and 1 (combat), thats 5, only one left...

27. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah right but the "one left" is technically none existent ?

warthos3399 likes this.
  28. warthos3399

warthos3399

Look at your options, you have AI Settings, AND Animation settings...

29. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

yes, no but i mean in idle for animations?

30. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

All my animals run all the time, I watched the animator and sure enough they go straight from Idle to run, no walk. I have all the walk animations set up , but it just skips them. How can I fix this issue, thanks

31. warthos3399

warthos3399

Your last one is a "warning" animation, if you choose,...

32. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

yeah no what i mean is it says 6 for idle but total calculations of all animations on idea section bring it to 5

33. warthos3399

warthos3399

Ive encountered this myself, but with my current settings, i dont have that issue...

34. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

have you checked movement settings N-Orbitt ?

35. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah okies was just checking make sure it weren't me seeing things lol sorry mate :)

36. A2GStudios

A2GStudios

sure have, I even set them to there lowest values for the walk and the run, but they still running around everywhere. They stop eat for a second or 2 then run again.

37. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

does anyone know how to allow the needs system to work with birds , my bird flies at a separate level but i want it to decrease in height to touch the food? it currently only does the eat animation while in the air. thanks :)

38. BHS

BHS

1) There's no sound detection currently, but I do plan on adding this feature soon.
    2) Climbing and jumping are not currently possible, but I also plan on adding these features soon.
    3) Sync the player's animation? Emerald AI uses Animation Events for applying damage so you can pick the exact frame that the damage is applied to an AI.

ellisthemiracle likes this.
  39. BHS

BHS

That was with the old version so I will need to update that. Currently, only 3 can be used for Idling. I’ll work on adding more after 2.3 is released.

40. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah brilliant :) does the needs system work with birds bhs?

41. ellisthemiracle

ellisthemiracle

May I ask how soon do you plan to release these feature? Is there any roadmap I can see?

And sync animation I mean, for example, the take down animation in battlefield or the execution animation in for honor.

By the way, how is the navigation work in this asset? Is it nav mesh? Astar?

42. BHS

BHS

You need to set your AI's Movement Animation to Walk. This is located under AI's Settings>Movement Settings tab.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  43. BHS

BHS

I don't currently have a roadmap, but I plan on implementing these features right after 2.3 is submitted. Figure about a month or so after 2.3 is submitted.

I'm not sure how you would go about implementing execution animations with Emerald AI as I've never attempted this. Once an AI's health reaches 0, they will either play their death animation or transition to their ragdoll. If you wanted to perform execution animations, you could check the AI's health to see if it's low enough to perform an execution and then play an emote animation (in your case the receiving of the execution). After this happens, you could kill the AI so it can transition into its ragdoll. So, it seems like it should be possible, but I can't say for sure.

Emerald AI uses Unity's NavMesh.

ellisthemiracle likes this.
  44. BHS

BHS

That depends on the size of your birds. I wouldn't recommend it for small background type birds, but if you wanted a more complex flying AI using the needs system, you would need to increase the AI's Agent Base Offset to elevate it off the ground. This is located under AI's Settings>NavMesh Settings.

45. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Thanks for getting back - I just purchased Emerald AI couple months ago and its fresh download V2. Deleted, Downloaded and Imported and no manager. Strange. The Fraction Manager comes up fine. Unity 2019.2.0f1 Any Ideas?

46. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

ah right bhs i got that set it to 5 and flys but need it to change levels so it can fly down to its need layer?

47. BHS

BHS

Very strange. Let me test out Emerald AI and the Setup Manager using Unity 2019.2.0f1 and see if I can figure out what's going on.

48. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Sorry this is a pain but
    thanks bhs- Sorry to be pain. :) I sent you an email with bit more information.

49. BHS

BHS

You would have to modify the needs system to lerp the current NavMesh Base Offset to the resource height when the AI arrives at its destination and then lerp back to the AI's NavMesh Base Offset when it generates a new destination point.

An example on lerps can be found here: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Mathf.Lerp.html

50. unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

unity_7UFP4-iCkwsgjg

lerp is looking a bit confusing to integrate :(