Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. BHS

BHS

I was trying to figure out the best, and easiest way, to integrate and using the DamageAdpater as Salja did is the best solution. If you or anyone else still needs a tutorial, I will have one covering this out either today or tomorrow.

2. BHS

BHS

It's on my to-do list. :)

3. BHS

BHS

Pooling is automatically applied to an AI's projectiles.

I plan on adding this feature in within the next couple of minor updates. I did a test during 2.2's development so I know it's possible, but I didn't have time to make it user friendly.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  4. BHS

BHS

Have you seen the tutorial for RFPS integration? It does just that.

5. Sematho

Sematho

Hi, what do you guys use as projectile when you make a shooter as AI ? (with a gun I mean) I feel dummy but I don't know how to setup the projectile, animation, etc... and I did not find much ressources on that, if anyone as a tuto or something :) Thx.

6. dinaloraven234

dinaloraven234

Thanks @BHS.

7. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

The AI is using Melee with the SendEmeraldDamage Function.

8. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

2.2.2! Can't wait for 2.3! Advanced AI attacks/movements would be great! Make it possible to create Boss like WoW where they do different attach phases!

BHS likes this.
  9. unicat

unicat

emerald_1.PNG emerald_2.PNG emerald_3.PNG

It is a melee attack.

Attached Files:

10. BHS

BHS

Hey there,

Projectiles are automatically setup through the Emerald AI editor. All you have to do is adjust your settings, apply a prefab projectile object, and press Update Projectile. A tutorial can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...s2njM7Jx9pYlqgbtM8/edit#heading=h.ifb2ybkoddb

A tutorial on setting up an AI can be found here:

Did you use the Setup Manager to setup your AI?

Very strange, there's no reason why it shouldn't be working. Have you tried creating a new Animator Controller to see if it resolves the issue? Is this by chance a duplicated AI where the Emerald AI component has been duplicated from another AI?

11. BHS

BHS

Emerald AI version 2.2.1 has been submitted and is awaiting approval.

Release Notes:
    • Added options to customize blocking animations from within the Emerald AI Editor as they were mistakenly left out. Use Hit Animations must be enabled when using blocking. This option can be found within the Use Hit Animations options. Users can control both the blocking animation and the blocking impact animation.
    • Added Auto Enable Animate Physics to the Editor. This controls whether or not Animate Physics on the Animator Controller is enabled. When Animate Physics is enabled, animation quality and animation syncing with an AI's movement is improved. This feature is enabled by default.
    • Added a couple of checks to avoid errors related to not applying Attack Animations when using Pet or Coward AI.
    • Added option for upcoming Crux support with a variable called Spawned with Crux. This variable is found under AI's Settings>Optimize. With Crux 2.0.1, Spawned with Crux allows Crux to automatically remove and adjust the population of an AI when it's killed and spawned using Crux. The Crux 2.0.1 update has been submitted and is awaiting approval.
    • Added an EmeraldAIProjectileTimeout script automatically to functions that spawn objects, if no EmeraldAIProjectileTimeout script was added to the prefab object.
    • Fixed an error that would sometimes happen on Start, if an AI had Auto Create Health Bars enabled.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause an AI's idle animation to play instead of its movement animation.
    • Fixed an issue that would cause AI to continue traveling to its previous destination if it was killed and respawned.
    • Fixed an issue that would not allow a killed AI to properly be reset when RestAI() was called.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    uberwiggett likes this.
  12. zKici

zKici

Hi @BHS, just wanted to ask if there is an easy way to determine which Animation is doing the attack, as certain animations will deal more damage,

Also,

A while back I had this Question and just want to make sure its been implemented as well:

2. Why is the chase distance minimum of 24?
    I'd rather be able to chase only say a distance of 5 outside my 'set' location so it does not go too far from the wonder/waypoint location.

A. 2) The minimum chase distance is based off of your AI's detection radius. This is because the detection radius is based off of a trigger collision and not actual distance. What I can look into is just making this based on actual distance so there is more control.

PS; Really waiting for the real change of Emerald, Melee, Range, Both =)

13. p_hergott

p_hergott

For 1, does the object have a navmesh obstacle on it with carve on? Would probably help.

14. p_hergott

p_hergott

Is the melee/ranged ai gonna be put in soon? AI that can switch would be sweet, almost like ai layers, melee layer, ranged layer, could expand, for multiple layers for boss battles too.

15. GWStudio

GWStudio

thank u for reply ... i saw the integration tut but i am using bullet projectile instead of ray cast ... the projectile is just a sphere with rigidbody and sphere collider when hit the AI its not get damaged. I dont know what i am messing but i hope to help me.
    thank u

16. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I believe he is doing this with 2.3 and that is after he gets Unistrom upgraded. Probably a couple of months out..

17. unicat

unicat

I have deleted my Zombie ai several times and made new ones (with other models too), but can`t get animation events to work.

18. magique

magique

It should probably be dynamic so you can just add as many as you need.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  19. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Just a foreach loop you would think...

20. p_hergott

p_hergott

A easy and quick feature to add, would be critical hits, and bonus damage from attacking from the back option.

21. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I don't know about "quick" or "easy" or it would already be there.

Mark

22. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

I have added melee events to over 100 zombies. No issues. If you are using mecanim humanoid animations, and want to send me your zombie character and animation file, I can try to do it for you one time and document the steps for you to follow if successful. This would be FREE WORK, so I only guarantee that you get what you pay for, or double your money back...

Mark

23. unicat

unicat

@Mad_Mark, thank you for your offer. But i am shure i have done it right. I think my installed Unity goes crazy sometimes. I have problems with Opsives UCC too, which nobody has. I am deinstalling Unity complete from my harddisk now and try it again. Again, thank you for your offer.

24. p_hergott

p_hergott

Its just a dot product of 2 positions. Then a comparison of that dot product, for the backstab. And crit. Random number compared against a public varible for crit chance, damage multiplied by public varible for crit damage. Pretty straight forward stuff. And would add just a little extra for ppl.

25. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Excellent. When can we expect to see your code?
    Sarcasm of course, I don't expect you to develop it. But seriously, if it is that straight forward, you would be doing both the developer and the community a service if you put it together along with instructions for implementing it. You would be ensuring Emerald's continued success, the author's continued interest to develop, and gratitude from n00bs like me...

Mark

SickaGames1 likes this.
  26. p_hergott

p_hergott

I was using emerald ai, its by far the easist ai set up, and has great qaulity. But for what i need, it currently doesnt have, such as dynamic combat modes (range/melee, boss fighting styles based on conditions). Granted those are coming. Backstabbing, crit hitting ect. So ive built my own. But i like to watch emerald, because i think its a phenomenal asset, and is probably the best ai system out there. So it may not cover what i need in my current project, but ill probably use it with my next project. Im not a professional programmer at all, so my system isnt designed for anytype of modular or intergration with anything else, but it works well . Emerald ai still has a couple features that it just flat out does better though. With that said, if BHS intergrated with playmaker, i could assist in adding playmaker modular systems.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  27. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I am waiting for the same thing as well! @BHS is finishing up some things on Unistorm and then hopefully gets ranged/melee, boss fights and hit boxes (head shots ect..) added along with his flying addons he was looking at.

28. p_hergott

p_hergott

Would also like to see an adaptation to the emerald ai weapon, so you can have the option to not be dependent on the mouse

29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Not sure what you mean by that

30. p_hergott

p_hergott

Well, the emerald weaponto damage emerald enemies, uses raycast, a timer and mouseclick to perform the attack. When i was using emerald, i wasnt using the mouse, so i had to just call emerald damage, which works, but the emerald weapon has some cool features. I tried to change the input from mouse input but it didnt work for me

31. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

Are there any instructions on how to replicate the Emerald agents being damaged by traps or falling/rolling objects, as demonstrated in the ragdoll deaths video?

32. NextGame22

NextGame22

hello if there is someone who can help me with the next problem that I use RFPS 1.45 latest version and I use Emerald Ai 2.2.0 I put all the code lines because I configure Emerald 2.0 but the problem occurs when I try to do damage to enemy awaiting reply thank you also have pictures with the code line

Attached Files:

33. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi everyone 1st I want to make damage to AI by COLLIDER for example cube have collider and rigidbody 2nd how to make hitbox i mean head shot apply damage more than other body part??! waiting reply. thank u

34. NextGame22

NextGame22

35. Weblox

Weblox

Where is the Error?

36. NextGame22

NextGame22

in the console I have no error but when I hit the enemy does not do me harm but he can and does not understand where the mistake is

37. NextGame22

NextGame22

I'm pulling in the enemy but it does not get damages that's the problem

Weblox likes this.
  38. Weblox

Weblox

I have a similar Issue. Emerald AI Agent does attack (also triggers hit effect) but does not inflict damage to Player in RFPS 1.45 on Unity 2018.3.6. Killing the AI Agent does work as expected.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  39. NextGame22

NextGame22

I put the script exactly as in the integration tutorial still does not work and can not solve the problem

40. Weblox

Weblox

Ok - I have fixed my Issue: I forgot to uncomment the RFPS Line 21 in EmeraldAIPlayerDamage.cs. Also make sure you Uncomment the RFPS Potion starting at Line 37.

41. NextGame22

NextGame22

Weblox
    you can print with WeaponBehavior case 13 ?

42. Weblox

Weblox

Srry - I dont understand?

Case 13 starting on Line 2151 (for me). I put the RFPS Code in 2160 and its working fine I guess.

WB.PNG

@NextGame22 - see Screenshot

43. NextGame22

NextGame22

you can do a screenshoot at WeaponBehavior script please

44. NextGame22

NextGame22

upload_2019-3-30_0-18-7.png

script is integrated well, but still can not find the problem

45. julianr

julianr

Before your if statement you have a { this should be underneath the if statement
    So it should appear like

Code (csharp):
    2. // Emerald AI Damage
    3. if(hit.collider  ...
    4. {
    and not

Code (csharp):
    2. { if(hit.collider  ...
    Unless its a one line statement, in which case you it might be one too many { added

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  46. NextGame22

NextGame22

upload_2019-3-30_3-36-12.png

47. NextGame22

NextGame22

upload_2019-3-30_3-40-40.png

it still does not work

48. unicat

unicat

Juhuu, got it working by using another attack animation from the asset store. Don`t now why it didn`t work with the other one.

49. BHS

BHS

1) The damage amount that each attack does can be controlled with the Attack 1, Attack 2, and Attack 3 damage amounts in the AI's Settings>Combat>Damage Settings section.

2) The chase distance is how long the AI will chase its target for. Anything outside of this rage will make the AI give up on the target and return to its default state. The Minimum Chase distance has to be lower than the AI's Detection Radius. It is based on actual distance, but with how the detection process works, it would conflict with the chase distance if it were lower than the Detection Distance (this is also why an additional value of 5 is added to the minimum threshold). If you want a lower Chases Distance, set a Detection Distance of 10 and your Chase Distance to the lowest value possible.

Yes, I will add the ability for AI to switch between melee and ranged as soon as UniStrorm 4.0 is finished.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  50. BHS

BHS

Yes, I will start working on AI having the ability to switch between melee and ranged combat as soon as UniStorm 4.0 is finished.