Search Unity

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

I have used the Setup Manager to set up the AI. The AI works fine with Core GameKit when spawning the AI with wave spawners. But as soon as I try to spawn the AI with Playmaker I get that error. I'm trying to spawn a AI when a prop is destroyed.

2. NickNovell

NickNovell

Hello, thank you for the video.
    Can you tell me, how can I integrate RFPS Enemies with Emerald? I can't make it to work.
    Thank you.

3. BHS

BHS

Yes, you can do so with an OnDeath Event.

SpawnObjectOnDeath.png

I can certainly add that, thanks for the suggestion.

Okay, I wasn't aware that this was specifically a PlayMaker issue. Now that I know that, I can work on recreating it to find a solution.

I'm not sure, the tutorial covers integrating Emerald AI with RFPS as it is assumed users will be replacing the RFPS AI with Emerald AI. What specifically are you trying to do?

Deckard_89 likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86

Hey BHS,

Fantastic on the Invector integration, thank you. I was hoping if you'd be happy to integrate the vObjectDamage script from Invector also, as this is the main script I'm using in my VR project to deal damage. Let me know if you're happy to take a look. Thanks.

5. radiantboy

radiantboy

Just quick note to say id buy the flying add-on, would be great :)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  6. NickNovell

NickNovell

Hello, thank you for your reply. I am trying to create a soldier that can shoot.

7. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS start your flying creature poll! This would go good with a release of 2.3 and as a boss AI companion!

radiantboy likes this.
  8. dinaloraven234

dinaloraven234

Hi @BHS have you updated the integration tutorial for invector to be it compatible with invector 1.2.3? I really need that integration so I can finish my project.

9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS Among the many things that I ask, how is the uRPG integration going?! :) Updates on Crux and Unistorm?

10. TonyLi

TonyLi

Just dropping a quick note: The latest versions of the Dialogue System, Quest Machine, and Love/Hate are now available on the Asset Store with support for Emerald AI 2.2.

Weblox and Hexer_ like this.
  11. Hexer_

Hexer_

Is UCC supported?

12. BHS

BHS

In the vObjectDamage script, go to the ApplyDamage function. Under the line target.gameObject.ApplyDamage( new vDamage(damage)); add the following code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (target.GetComponent<EmeraldAI.EmeraldAISystem>() != null)
    2.             {
    3.                 target.GetComponent<EmeraldAI.EmeraldAISystem>().Damage(damage.damageValue, EmeraldAI.EmeraldAISystem.TargetType.Player, damage.sender, 600);
    4.             }
    I haven't tested it, but it should work, assuming that you are using this script to damage Emerald AI agents.

Great to hear someone else is interested. :)

Of course.

You need to add an Animation Event for each shooting animation. For a tutorial on how to do this, see the tutorial video here:

You should create an event for each time your AI fires a shot.

I will when I'm closer to finishing my other updates. :)

I will look into this today. My apologies for the delay.

I haven't had a chance to add support for uRPG. I have been very busy getting Crux 2.0 finished. I'd say it should be submitted no later than tomorrow. UniStorm will still at least be a couple of weeks.

Awesome, thanks for the updates.

Here's a tutorial made by another user to add UCC support: https://forum.unity.com/threads/upd...blocking-and-more.336521/page-60#post-4289227

Unfortunately, I'm still wait for a reply from the developers of UCC to get a copy of it so I can make an official integration tutorial for it.

13. dinaloraven234

dinaloraven234

Thanks @BHS keep up the good work man!

14. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS Can't wait to see Crux 2.0! Did you say that you had a patch for 2.2? If so, what exactly does it fix? I am uber excited about flying creatures. I love Malbers dragons and I think a flying creature as a Pet/Mount would be an awesome thing! /startpoll

15. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

16. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

@BHS Any chance we can get Melee, Ranged and BOTH as an option?
    I would like to have melee only, ranged only, and ability to use ranged and melee depending on proximity.

Thanks,
    Mark

17. BHS

BHS

Thanks!

I'm using the newest version of Invector with Emerald AI and haven't had any errors. Can you please tell me the errors you were having?

Yes, the Emerald AI 2.2.1 update will address some of the issues users were having and some bug fixes. It also will add support for Crux 2.0. This will allow Crux's population tracker to have integrated support with Emerald AI, when objects are spawned with Crux. Flying pets and simply flying AI are possible with Emerald AI. All you have to do is increase the Nav Mesh Base Offset so the AI are above the ground. My planned Flying AI asset will be for AI more like Skyrim's dragons with procedural landing, attacking, and flying as well as flying obstacle avoidance. The ground movement will still use NavMesh though.

Possibly. I sent them a PM. I've tried an email in the past and that didn't work, but a PM did. I guess I can try again. Maybe if they have enough requests, they'll get back to me. :)

I have plans for it, but the tricky thing is that it would need its own movement states, attack states, run attack states, equip and unequip states, hit states, and walk backwards state. So, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it as it requires a bit of reworking the Animator Controller. It would be an awesome feature though. I'm trying to make the updates smaller and focus on one large feature at a time. Maybe this will be the first one I focus on. The plan is to have a few different options for switching between melee and ranged combat.

Deckard_89 and SickaGames1 like this.
  18. zKici

zKici

I've been waiting on that tooo.. melee & range or both... feels limited without

19. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS Could you incorporate health bars like you did in your old video?

20. BHS

BHS

I agree. I'll be sure to start getting the ability for AI to switch between melee and ranged combat added.

Yes, there's an included example script called HUDHealthBar. Attach it to your player camera and it will create a health bar HUD like in that video. :)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  21. dinaloraven234

dinaloraven234

Hi @BHS these are the errors I'm having when I'm integrating emerald ai to damage invector player. I'm using the 1.2.3 shooter template and I don't wanna update as it might cause some troubles. See the image attached. I think invector made some changes in their code that's why I'm having these errors. Please help me fix it.

Attached Files:

22. dinaloraven234

dinaloraven234

Here are the errors in detail

Attached Files:

23. IsntCo

IsntCo

Any update on the Ootii integration?
    As well as 2.2 documentation.

I suggest the switching from Melee to/from Ranged. Could use the same animations for equip/unequip even, or just mask out the lower body and only show upper body animation change.

A flying boss-type AI sounds pretty awesome too.

Revelation_Jeff and SickaGames1 like this.
  24. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

That is 4 so far for the Flying AI addon! Get those clouds and then 2.3!

25. AdminArdagor

AdminArdagor

Please, in the Emerald version 2.2.1, you can at least increase to 8 the number of animations of attacks and гun attacks, each unit in my unit uses many combat animations (8-12) and therefore I cannot use Emerald :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

26. JW86

JW86

Great, that works perfectly, thank you.

27. Chaz32621

Chaz32621

U can edit the code to add more animations..

SickaGames1 likes this.
  28. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

BHS also planned to add more animations with the next "big" update.

29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yeah 2.3... I believe @BHS said he will start it after he is done with the next Unistorm update.

30. Bavatt

Bavatt

I’m also curious about the ooti integration:)

Revelation_Jeff likes this.
  31. Salja

Salja

i Update my ootii Integration

The "EmeraldAIDamageAdapter.cs" has to be add to each EmeraldAI Creature.
    The "EmeraldAIPlayerDamage.cs" has to be replace with the existing and add to your ootii Player.

Thats all have fun :D

Attached Files:

32. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

so I found out today that I bought UniStorm in the last sale, after seeing the update to crux and the integration for spawning I am so damn excited to mix all three! Looking forward to the time of day stuff with workers etc.

BHS likes this.
  33. unicat

unicat

Hi, i have added two animation events to my zombie ai to damage the player. But this error is not going away:

"Zombie1_1's Attack 1 is missing a SendEmeraldDamage Animation Event. Please add one or see Emerald AI's Documentation for a guide on how to do so."

I have done it like in the video (and yes i have pressed the apply button ) :)
    What could cause this ? Thank you.
    Edit: Crazy, it works with the Fallen Guardian prefab from the demo but not with my zombie.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  34. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Hmmm. Very strange @unicat If you are 100% certain that you have added the event to the animation, and you are 100% it is the CORRECT animation that is being called in the animator, and you are 100% certain that there are no typos in the SendEmeraldDamage event name (Capitalization counts), I would check that the zombie and the animation are both of the same type (Humanoid for instance).

35. unicat

unicat

@Mad_Mark , thank you for trying to help. Yes both the model and the animation are humanoid. There are no typos in the event name, because i copied it from the Fallen Guardian prefab. And yes it is the right animation in the animator.
    I don`t understand this. Maybe it is a read/write thing from Unity? I am using 2018.3.9f1.

36. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

@unicat I have the same problem. Same version of Unity too...

37. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

@BHS ootii integration....Any particular reason its not getting done? I'm trying to be patient but its been like a month now. Would sure appreciate an update about it. =)

drcfrx likes this.
  38. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Yeah...it is called get what you can do when you have a chance. Others have been waiting for updates on his other assets.

39. Salja

Salja

40. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

41. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@BHS Any luck with uRPG yet?!

42. Weblox

Weblox

@SickaGamer - Yo, give this man a break?

RonnyDance and SickaGames1 like this.
  43. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Anyone know how to setup pooling for bullets and arrows?

44. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Also, anyone know how to setup a collider just for the head to allow kill shots?
    I would like to setup colliders that stay with the skeleton, so when I have my AI sit or lay down, their colliders follow. Right now, if my AI sits or lays down, the collider remains 1.5 - 2.0 tall, so shooting over their heads injures them.

45. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

This should be a feature of 2.3. Hit boxes for higher damage amounts.

46. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi everyone .. how to make RFPS Projectiles apply damage to AI I am using v2.2?!
    OR apply damage on collider.
    thanks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  47. BHS

BHS

If you are using a previous version, I don't have access to it because I've already updated. You will need to use the most recent version as it uses updated API that I'm assuming isn't present in the version you are using. Try using the following code that damages the player instead. It is untested, but it should work.

Code (CSharp):
    2. if (GetComponent<Invector.vCharacterController.vCharacter>() != null)
    3. {
    4.    var _Damage = new Invector.vDamage(DamageAmount);
    5.    _Damage.sender = Target;
    6.    _Damage.hitPosition = Target.position;
    7.    GetComponent<Invector.vCharacterController.vCharacter>().TakeDamage(_Damage);
    8. }

48. BHS

BHS

I totally agree that there should be more attack animations. I should be submitting version 2.2.1 sometime today or tomorrow, but will add more attack animations with the 2.2.2 update.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  49. BHS

BHS

Strange, can you please post a screenshot of your AI's attack animations within the Emerald AI Editor? The only way this could happen is if for some reason the Zombie1_1 attack animation wasn't properly applied to the Animator Controller or if you are mistakenly using the Ranged Weapon Type as they require different functions for sending damage. I would recommend checking your Attack 1 animation within the Animator Controller to ensure the proper attack animation has been applied.

50. BHS

BHS

I will double check to make sure it isn't a Unity version issue. Are you using the proper Weapon Type? Ranged and Melee use different function names for sending damage.