Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Emerald AI 3.2 (New Sound Detection) - The Ultimate Universal AAA Quality AI Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by BHS, Jun 26, 2015.

1. julianr

julianr

They we're just ideas, but multiple hit animations will make it stand out. As many AI systems do have hit boxes, but none or not many with animations based on the impact. Otherwise it will just be an impact hit, and a bit repetitive using the same hit impact when you've shot their foot, they do not react the way they should. Fluid/Dynamic AI systems without going to the extreme by sticking to the core values.

Event based system would be good, which will interact with some API calls. If (hitbox-head.AI.damage) then Kill.AI

2. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

@wood333 if they are passing through the enemy ai you need to check your shooter controller script and ensure the layer your enemy ai are on is in the list of aim layers. By default it is just default, nred to set it to enemy, body part and whatever else you intend to hit. Should be on the shooter manager script.

3. wood333

wood333

Yes. I added "Enemy" to the "Aim Target Layer" of the Invector "Shooter Manager" (a step not mentioned in the Tutorial), and the Footman went down like a bowling pin. Thank you very much for the tip. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    reocwolf likes this.
  4. zenGarden

zenGarden

Tome make fluid hit animations, there is physic animations systems (so you don't have to create hit animations until you need something very specific).
    Not sure Unity does have that feature.

Anyway, i agree mutliple attacks, hit animations, multiple ranged AI animations as something i requested before.
    As the ability to chain actions in sequence (combos, evade and counter attack etc ...)

The advantage of Event based, is you can customize the plugin for your own needs.
    For example on "attack" event, you could play your own animation and AI would do damage to player based on weapon or projectile collision and attributes.

There is lot of work before Emerald becomes lot more flexible, but it is on the right track :)
    The other big feature Emerald need is to have new options to get AI more dynamic, able to check if it can moves around in different directions instead of staying inactive in idle more when it is blocked by other AI.

5. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

Glad it helped! yeah that bit is in the Invector tutorials already so not something specifically for Emerald AI. I honestly don't know why it isn't coded in as default on the shooter script itself!

reocwolf and wood333 like this.
  6. kevios105

kevios105

its possible to make that some Enemys use Diffrent Healthbar UI ? it means to say Object "Enemy" have this "Healthbar #1 prefab" and the other Object "Enemy" have this "Heathbar #2 prefab"? ... you know what i mean?... or its possible to make the Healthbar static and fixed on the screen at a favorite position at the settings so it dont follow the enemy over the top?

Cheers

7. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

Hi i have a question about Emerald AI, has any one experience for multiplayer or coop with unet or bolt or something other ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    dyrwoolf and Neviah like this.
  8. wood333

wood333

What if I want to use a PolyArt animal by Malbers. They are animated beautifully, but they come with their own animator controller. Could I somehow use the PolyArt controller?

9. dl290485

dl290485

I need some help.

I can't get the AI to move whenever I add animations to it.

To debug the situation I set up the AI on a gameobject and didn't put any animations into the emerald settings. I start the game and the AI wanders. When I then do the same steps/settings but add animations to emerald (or just modify the same object to add the animations to the Emerald component) the AI stays on one spot and doesn't wander. Watching it, I see the the idle animation starts and then the AI just freezes. No animations, no movement.
    If I then go to the Animator component and delete the controller then the AI will wander again.

Can someone point me in the right direction to figure out what is going wrong?

I made these animations in the unity Animation tool. It's just a practice test manipulating some basic 3d gameobjects.

10. dl290485

dl290485

Actually I'm thinking now something about some of the animations is broken. I one by one added each type of animation and found it worked for some but the Idle Alert and Hit animations made it stop again. I tried switching those for ones I knew worked and it did move again. So yeah, I think somehow I made broken animations that froze the AI if added (even if it doesn't run the animation, such as Hit when it's only just started idling)

Edit: Ok yes, animation is somehow broken on some files. My character is made of a capsule shape with a few other bits tacked on. The body is the pill. It seems animations where I have rotated that main body shape break. They play in the animation editor but the kill the AI if attached to any of the actions.
    This is a pain for trying to make the character die. I want to rotate the main body 90 degrees.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  11. dl290485

dl290485

Is there a way to change faction relationships? So, for example, 4 factions can start out as neutral but triggers at various points set each faction against each other. I tried making a trigger which changes the target tags (using Play Maker), and it does do that (I can see it change in the component while playing) but they AI doesn't start shooting. To debug I set the same target tag before playing and they shoot, so something about altering the property mid game doesn't seem to work.

Neviah and wood333 like this.
  12. AGregori

AGregori

New version is still not live in the store. Is it still sitting on the approval queue?..

13. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

Hi,
    I just bought this and it looks good so far, is there any news of the Opsive TPC integration ?

TIA

M

14. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Not currently, but I can certainly add this feature with a future update.

I don't think it would be possible because Emerald AI is dependent on the parameter names within the Emerald created Animator Controller.

A new function has been added to adjust faction relations with the upcoming update. The Faction Relations feature isn't available until the next version of Emerald AI.

Hey there!

My apologies, I will explain in the post below.

The developers of Opsive TPC told me to wait because they were rewriting the system. I can reach out to them to see how things are going.

15. BHS

BHS

Hey everyone!

My apologies for the lack of communication with the 2.0.3 update. I had originally planned on submitting the 2.0.3 update a few days after I post the release notes. However, there were a issues I needed to adjust with the combat system before I did. I ended up fixing some issues users were having, as well as make various improvements to the combat system mechanics. I didn't get the chance to put together a demonstration, but the improvements turned out great. The 2.0.3 update contains enough improvements, fixes, and features that it will now be called update 2.1. The herd and breeding features will still come with the following update, which is now update 2.2. Update 2.1 should be submitted by the end of the week, but possibly sooner.

Here are the additional release notes that will be included with the 2.1 update. For a list of the other release notes, you can see my post here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...aypoints-and-more.336521/page-34#post-3387344

Improved combat mechanics
    • An AI’s too close algorithm has been rewritten. AI will now pick a random position around their target to move to, if a target becomes too close. The distance an AI will move is dependent on its Attack Distance. This allows AI battles to be a lot more dynamic and makes AI far more challenging. They will pick various positions around their targets to attack.
    • Depending on the Too Close Distance set, Ranged AI can now fire and move to another random location so they don’t stay too stationary while in combat.
    • Ranged and melee AI will now reposition if their sight of their target becomes obstructed by another AI. This also allows melee AI to reposition themselves around their target if they need to.
    • Melee AI will now only be able to successfully damage a target if they are within 90° of their target (by default). This stops AI from being able to damage their targets if they are greater than 90° away and allows attackers the chance to avoid attacks. This amount can be adjusted via the Damage Settings.
    • Added a heat seeking option that allows projectiles to follow their target for a certain amount of seconds before firing straight. This gives more variety to spells and makes them harder for players to avoid.
    • Improved movement in tight spaces while AI are in combat.
    • Fixed ranged AI from staying stationary if another AI blocks their line of sight.
    • Fixed backing up bug that would happen with ranged AI.
    • Fixed a bug that wouldn’t allow AI to properly detect their target if they got too close.
    • Fixed a bug that wouldn’t allow an AI’s Run Attack to consistently trigger and calculate.
    • Fixed a bug that would allow AI to fire projectiles behind them, if a target was able to move quickly behind them after an attack animation had been started.
    • Fixed a bug that happened if an AI was killed before their projectile reached their target. Now, an AI's last projectile will continue to move towards their target after they’ve died.
    • Reduced the generated sphere collider size on projectiles from 0.5 to 0.1. This value stops projectiles from hitting objects they shouldn't.
    • Various under the hood improvements. The combat now feels a lot more dynamic and engaging.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    radiantboy, julianr, AGregori and 3 others like this.
  16. zenGarden

zenGarden

@BHS

Will you plan to add optimized events and custom scripts functions calls for those :

- melee and ranged attacks events
    We could personalise attacks like random attacks combos and animations, our own projectiles for ranged AI, damage from weapon object scriptable object, delayed attacks, missed attacks, physics impulse on target, rpg calculation damage based on AI and target stats ... or anything we could code.

- movement to some position event
    Let us call our own scripts , so we could override Emerald setup and manage movement.
    For example we could have some custom script for an AI that could teleport, another that would become invisible during movement, AI that could randomly walk or choose to run and dash, AI that could high jump ...

So Emerald would not be polluted with each user specific demands other users would not use.
    And some features could become addons like Invektor plugin.

There is some cool features that could be added lot later for later versions :

1) flying AI (ranged, melee or both)
    There is lot of examples, like Dragons, flying robots, levitating mages, flying fantasy creatures ...
    • Basic movement in the air
    • defined distance flying Y interval when ranged attacks
    • defined same or different Y interval flying for melee attacks (AI will change if it can do both)
    • able to stay idle in the air,
    • for melee this could be melee attacks with good range or long melee weapon.
    • able to change it's Y position within a defined range, usefull also for avoiding other flying AI.
    Something simple using raycast to avoid other AI and simple wall while moving to a free position would work.

However flying AI is very different about detection and movement, so i'm not sure it should be included or should be some addon ?

2) AI spawn animations with collision volume trigger or custom script event triggers.

When some AI is spawn in the level, it could play specific spawn animation (or random animations) , custom particles spawn effect.

Optional collision volume trigger would be for specific level places when a target enters the volume to trigger the spawn.

There is many examples usage :
    - magic or sci fi spawning animation and effects
    - some creature spawning coming from floor ground with custom animation
    - spawning from another side wall and playing a whole animation climbing to the other wall side where the target is.

Also some option to let AI receive damage or not , or a delay before it receives damage when playing the spawn animation.
    This is not a very needed feature , but this could be a good addition.

Anyway great work :)
    That's a great update with AI getting lot more dynamic.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    reocwolf likes this.
  17. dl290485

dl290485

'Next update' being 2.1 (the one due in a week or so) or is it 2.2?

18. HalDevOne

HalDevOne

Great improvements! But does this update mean that you will not have a collision based attack system?

19. BHS

BHS

Great suggestions!

Scriptable objects and events are something I would like to add in the near feature with very similar features as you have suggested.

I'm not sure how flying AI would be handled, but I do plan on seeing what I can do with it. The important thing is to not over complicate things for users who don't have flying AI. Currently, Emerald AI support basic flying AI still using Unity's NavMesh.

Spawning animations and events are other features I have thought about. After the 2.2 update, I will be able to start working on these features.

Thanks! :)

With the 2.1 update. You can see all the release notes and details for the new faction system here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...aypoints-and-more.336521/page-34#post-3387344

Thanks! No, that feature wasn't able to make it into this update. I will try to add it to the 2.2 update.

20. Duffer123

Duffer123

@BHS ,

This Asset looks amazing. I suspect from posts above that your focus is currently on other things (!) but how far are you along with your tutorials and on integrations with other Assets? Which Asset integratations are very much in hand/in pipeline and which ones are planned for the future?

Quite useful for me to know this.

[edit] Quest Machine and Opsive's Third Person Controller support/integration planned?

[edit] Also, does this Asset allow for Trader or Quest Giver AIs?

Many thanks in advance.

21. dl290485

dl290485

22. dl290485

dl290485

Has anyone combined Emerald AI with VR, so the AI can target the player? As a follow up question, does this also allow the player to duck and move about to dodge shots?

A side question; does the AI have the ability to change the vertical height it shoots at? Or would a wall which is the same height as the firing point always stop the AI, so they won't be able to shoot what is still visible above the wall?

23. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yep, this will open up a whole new possibilities.

I suggest you could split your main code in different classes :
    - Events ( damage received while player not visible , received damage)
    - Detection ( player or target is detected by AI)
    - Decisions ( check faction, check health, check stamina, check distance to target and trigger actions like flee, pursue, attack)
    - Actions ( attacking , moving to a free position, wandering), while actions could also be several classes (Wander, Attack, Move)

I would say make it simple.
    Duplicate actual AI , and customize it for flying creatures. The attacks, behaviours are all the same.
    The main difference is movement that will not use NavAgent, but a simple physics impulse on rigidBody to do linear movement in the air.
    Anyway flying creatures is not a priority.

Another feature that is more towards Skyrim combat than hack n slash , is the AI able to block attacks.
    I mean a very simple blocking : some idle blocking animation and some angle for blocking.
    Any other player or creature attack in that angle will be blocked by AI, while outside of the angle the AI blocking will fail.

radiantboy and BHS like this.
  24. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

Is there anyway to add AI Shooter (Reload , Clip Size , etc....)
    thanks

25. zenGarden

zenGarden

The plugin theme is actually more towards medieval combat, but you could modify the script when a ranged attack is performed with your own code and animations.

If event system will be available, someone should be able to code a new ranged attack script able to check ammo launch reload if needed, and start particle muzzle and use raycast to perform fire attack.
    Or it could becom a separate plugin addon for modern combat rpg to avoid getting the main plugin too complex.

26. julianr

julianr

An idea for flying AI. You could use the Navmesh with a ray cast down to the ground which would measure the height from the navmesh upwards, on the rigid body disable gravity when flying, enable it when landing, idle animation for when on the ground, walking animation, flying animations (take off, hover, dive/swoop), and the generic animations for attack/feeding/death (if on the ground level - death as normal, in the air with a script to switch on gravity and increase it so the mass of the drop is faster.

27. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

I kinda did this already.. I projected the collider downward and then moved the collider up and down randomly when "flying" to vary height and set it back to 0 when it should be on the ground. Seemed to work quite well for the level I am operating at.

M

julianr likes this.
  28. zenGarden

zenGarden

For outdoor it could fly above buildings, so why using navmesh when there is no obstacles in the air ?
    For indoor like small flying creatures , yes navmesh could be used to get the creature able to follow the player in any corners. It depends on what flying AI you want.

About AI able to do both walk and fly this could make the plugin too complex.
    When AI should fly ? what conditions ? when should it stay on ground and walk ? is there some advantage flying instead of walking on some places ?
    Perhaps it can be done in a simple way and users wanting more control will have to modify plugin scripts.
    Anyway, one thing to avoid is making it too complex like Ice Creatures., with too much conditions and buttons on the interface.

Mark_01 likes this.
  29. Harekelas

Harekelas

Very happy to see v 2.0 is released!
    Now may I request the ability to add swimming and flying AIs?
    And the ability to let one AI travel in all three forms, like a duck, fly in air and swim on water and also can walk on land?

30. julianr

julianr

In my game I have tall skyscrapers, so avoidance would be beneficial, or the ability to land on a ledge or on top of the buildings where navmesh would be present. Could also be used for creatures that fly, but also walk on land. Not just limit it to birds.

a checkbox, can AI fly with some constraints. Fly randomly, or follow waypoint markers. Fly above a certain height, and ability to land on nearest location based on distance or idle state.

31. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

I am absolutely for making the basics in the system and allowing easy access to those basics for you to add specific conditions.

There are way to many assets on the market place that try to be all things to all people, and yet, because they do stuff in a specific way, it makes them incompatible with either what you want to do or what other assets do.

The more you add to an asset like this, the more isolationist it becomes.

As it stands today, Emerald is extensable, but it's starting to become a bit bogged down. I really vote for basic AI but easy to add extensions rather than trying to lock everything up in a specific way.

I mean, we have already seen requests on this forum for things that have nothing to do with what Emerald should be doing at it's core, and IF those were added, it would jeapordise it's future for anyone who has already integrated other products into Emerald.

Emerald, is an NPC AI manager. To expand that into a Spawner, Character Controllers, Inventorys and Quest systems, for example would, In My Opinion, be a mistake. At that point it becomes a full RPG game kit, and then it's lost the appeal of being the NPC AI controller that you can work with to make something unique and useful.

At the very least, even if a basic idea is added and then advanced options are added to that, there should be an easy and effective way to turn them off if you want to use a different method of doing it.

M

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    Mark_01, Razmot and zenGarden like this.
  32. julianr

julianr

I'm all for a modular approach, so you can write your own but access what you need to create your scripts instead of having to modify existing scripts, destroying the core.. so when updates are added its easier to not go over what you have written, less time consuming on having to merge/compare what is already there. This will enable user created scripts or add-ons that can be purchased in the store if allowed to do so by third party developers or the owner of the asset as a way of adding extra revenue for their time in developing add-ons - but then it becomes a support issue - as long as the add-ons are not large in size it will be easier to manage.

MaliceA4Thought likes this.
  33. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

Thanks for coming back, would be great to have TPC integration, I have been struggling with ICE CC and bought Emerald to "move on" without realising the integration wasnt complete.
    Thanks again
    M

34. zenGarden

zenGarden

I think this should be a plugin addon.
    Yep like Invektor plugin.
    Keep the base plugin as simple as possible, make it flexible to work with custom scripts or addons he could create later. Don't do the Ice Creatures plugin mistake to go too much complex and get hard to maintain while some people just drop using it.

I fully agree.
    The plugin should not become over complex, with too many specific features only few people asked.
    It should not become like Ultimate Survival plugin a complete game system otherwise it could fail quickly.
    New AI features like swimming, underwater,flying should not be included in the main package that is the most important and the most common games need : characters AI.
    While blocking is a very common and basic feature that should be included in the package (Dark Souls, Skyrim, Fallout and other games ).

Plugin addons like Invektor is doing is the best way, it should be doable when Emerald will get Event system, on actions or movements the plugin will do nothing but will send an event.
    So some addon could use those events to use it's own specific movements and actions (swim, fly, walk, new attacks , modern ranged AI fire weapons with reload etc ..)

@BHS is aware already he should not make the base plugin over complex, instead keep the great base as it is and make it adaptable to interface with users custom scripts or addons he could choose to create.
    So anyone could expand the base plugin for any specific needs.

Addons is a nice idea as this will generate more money income to motivate him to continue do do some support or bring new features.
    Flying or swimming features should become paid addons to support plugin support on the long term.
    I would gladly buy addons to support Emerald for bug fixes or new features, as it is becoming a fantastic AI package.

I'm very happy with Emeral as it is, next features should make it more flexible and even more awesome.

Razmot likes this.
  35. dl290485

dl290485

I can't get the AI to shoot the player.

I have an enemy prefab which works when I set it on another copy of itself (simply changing their faction names/targets). However when I drop in a cube gameobject with the tag Player and the layer Emerald AI, the AI instantly go to combat idle but simply do not shoot. They just stare playing that animation. They are also so fixated on the cube that they do not wander and do not shoot at each other anymore.

I'm so stumped. The instructions only mention the tags and layers part and nothing else about making the AI go after a player.

EDIT: Ok weird, so is it a thing that the AI will not attack cubes or spheres, but will attack capsules? I made a capsule and now the AI shoots...

36. dl290485

dl290485

Where are the instructions on how to set up the player damaging AI with ranged attacks? (or any attack for that matter).

I found this:
    http://www.blackhorizonstudios.com/docs/emerald-script-reference/functions/damage/
    How do I use that though? Using Play Maker I can trigger an event when something collides with the AI, but how do I identify the AI and send the int damage command to it?

37. BHS

BHS

Thanks!

Support for Opsive Third Person Controller is coming soon. The developer has recommended to hold off until their new update is finished. After that, I will make a tutorial like I have done for the 5 top character controller systems. You can see the other integration tutorials here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QGSEdc2-6bks22KIelYlBw_601uHce2BVLM3QTq5axg/edit

Support for trader/quest giving AI will be done though integrated support of other assets such as Quest Machine.

I do want to add support for flying AI as well as other additions, but I agree that I don't want Emerald AI to be bogged down with too many specific features. I will work on figuring out the best way to get the best of both worlds.

I totally agree. What specifically do think is bogging Emerald AI down? I have carefully thought about every feature added to ensure that doesn't happen. Every feature currently allows users to have a solid AI system without too many extra or unneeded features. Inventory and quest systems will be handled with support of other 3rd party systems. The only thing I will add on Emerald AI's end is UnityEvents that users can use to generate loot or call other scripts during certain events such as dying.

You player just needs a reference to the object hit. Once this happens, you grab the Emerald AI system and call the Damage function passing the Player TargetType.

Code (CSharp):
    1. CurrentEmeraldSystem.Damage(damage, Emerald_AI.TargetType.Player);
    If your player is outside of the AI's trigger radius when they deal damage, your AI will not be able to detect the player. This may be the issue you're having. This issue will be fixed with the 2.1 update and will allow you to define how much an AI's Detection Radius and field of view can be expanded if an AI is dealt damage and there is no detected target.

Is your AI able to receive damage from your player?

Mark_01, Razmot and julianr like this.
  38. Twoonebe

Twoonebe

any chance to answer my question ?

Hi i have a question about Emerald AI, has any one experience for multiplayer or coop with unet or bolt or something other ?

39. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Probably a misterm on my part.. I believe that if you use the Unity Events, you will avoid that completely as long as you can also turn things off if you don't use them... as an example.. yes.. you have AI health bars, but you can also elect not to use them.. perfect :)

When I start to see assets driving the way you use them, in a different route from what you want to go, then I consider that "bogging down". I truly believe that hooks are the answer so you can extract yourself from the "proscribed" route if you so desire, otherwise you are writing code that negates the asset code most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, I love Emerald and I now have it heavily integrated with both what I have written and a number of other large/compicated assets and am VERY pleased with the result.. but as always, it's like walking a tightrope and I really don't want to see Emereald become something it was never designed to be and get bloated as a result :)

My other big concern is that updates break what is already there.. I hate having to go through and do code compares before installing upgrades and would really appreciate, when an update is announced, a detailed log of the changes to help in this process :)

M

40. dl290485

dl290485

Is there any way that this can be explained to and then utilized by someone who cannot program at all?
    I don't know how to reference an object hit (other than using Play Maker to store a collision as a variable). I also do not know how to 'grab the Emerald AI system', nor how to 'call the Damage function'.

Does this mean I simply cannot use this AI system because I cannot program?

If this is the case, it does not at all fit with the part of the description that says; "Emerald AI version 2.0 allows developers to quickly create engaging dynamic AI with 100's of AAA quality features, all without having to write a single line of code!"

I also do not know how to use the Emerald system for damaging the player, but have rigged up a work around which works well enough. I simply added a Play Maker 'script' to the projectile prefab (that the AI is set to use for ranged attack) so that it registers a response when it collides with the player.

I tried to do another work around where Play Maker would register a collision with a player projectile and change the health setting in the Emerald component when it collides with the AI but that doesn't work. While trying to debug that idea I simply changed (through the editor) the Health setting to 0 in Emerald_AI (script) -> AI Settings -> Stats but that doesn't kill the AI either.

If this really does need programming then there needs to be a detailed tutorial (not just script references) on how this is implemented and matched to different ways the player would 'shoot' or etc. Either that you need to reword your product to description to say it does need programming and can't be used by someone who doesn't program.

I don't want to come across narky though. I'm just saying this in a matter of fact way.

41. dl290485

dl290485

On this topic, is there any way that the damaged received and given can be made into components? I mean to set up the AI to begin with you add a component, then you don't program how much health the AI has, you simply write in '100' or what ever in the box. So what about if you don't program damage, but you simply add a damage component to projectiles and then just write in a box it does '50' damage or etc?

42. Salja

Salja

thanks for the new update but i have a issue i have make a clean import with emerald into my project after the import is my unity crashed and now i cant more open all time crashed, i have delete the emerald folder but still i cant more open my project and my project is 40GB and i have no fun to reimport all from collab =(

43. BHS

BHS

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about this issue. I have just tried to import Emerald AI 2.1 into a new project from the Asset Store, as well as updating from the previous version of Emerald AI, with no issues or crashing. Perhaps the issue is directly related to your project?

Were you updating Emerald from a previous version or was Emerald not in your project?

Also, what version of Unity are you using? I tested this with the 2017.3 version of Unity and had no issues.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  44. Salja

Salja

Emerald is not before in the project just all my other assets (40GB) i use 2017.3.1 after i import unity crashes without a crashlog i have try to open unity again but crashes all the time so i remove emerald from the project folder and try to open again and still crash i cant open my project, but the version before i have use long time and make the ootii script for emerald and never has issues

45. BHS

BHS

I understand your concern and I will ensure Emerald AI doesn't become bogged down. I can also make sure that a detailed log of the changes made are available for users who need them. :)

Emerald AI has tons of publicly available API that should allow you to damage an AI with PlayMaker. I have had customers in the past be able to do this, however, I'm not entirely familiar with PlayMaker. The statement "All without having to write a single line of code" applies to users using Emerald's base state. If you want to add a custom character controller to damage an AI, it is assumed that you are going to program it. That doesn't mean that it isn't possible with PlayMaker though. Full PlayMaker support is definitely something that is a top priority.

I actually wasn't aware I owned PlayMaker. I forgot received it awhile back from the developers to properly add support. I would be more than happy to personally look into this for you and get PlayMaker working nicely with Emerald AI. When I get the chance, I will put together a tutorial on the tutorial section. :)

For now, after doing a quick search, it looks like this is how you could damage an AI with your custom character controller:

1) Create a PlayMaker raycast when your player presses the fire/damage button
    2) Get a reference to the object hit (I know this is possible but I don't know how yet because I haven't had the chance to test it myself)
    3) Look for Emerald's API, the Damage function is visible so it should be possible.
    4) Apply the amount of damage and set the second parameter to TargetType.Player.

Here's some tutorial videos I found that may help:

Call custom script functions:

PlayMaker raycasting:

I hope this helps. If not, let me know and I will look into this further for you.

I can add projectiles' damage amounts so they can be viewed. As mentioned above, full PlayMaker support is a top priority. Now that I have my own copy, I can fine tune Emerald to ensure it everything is supported and accessible. The goal is to have everything achievable through PlayMaker.

dl290485 likes this.
  46. BHS

BHS

Edited:
    I tested an import again with Unity 2017.3.1 and I have still not received a crash or any errors.

Very strange. I have not been able to recreate this and have tested it twice now. I would try contacting Unity directly to see if they can assist you. I will also reach out to them to see if they can figure out what's going on. However, without being able to recreate the issue, it may make it difficult.

What other assets/plugins do you have in your project? Could something be possibly conflicting?

I found others who have had issues with Unity crashing on startup, maybe it will help: https://answers.unity.com/questions/1305740/unity-551-crashes-on-startup.html

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  47. Salja

Salja

Screenshot_218.png
    Screenshot_218.png Screenshot_219.png

hmm is very strange my project works fine the crash is just if im import emerald =(

48. BHS

BHS

The only thing I can think of it’s the EmeraldAIDefine script which adds the EMERALD_AI_PRESENT define to the define section of your project. This is added so other developers can add integration code to their assets for Emerald AI to use. Try not including this script when you import Emerald AI. Maybe because you have so many assets, the define section is full or overloaded. That is the only thing I can currently think of. Other assets use a similar method for adding defines so it’s weird if this is what’s causing the issue.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

uberwiggett likes this.
  49. Salja

Salja

Again crash i try what you say but after ther import again crash now i need to redownload again the 40Gb from collab before i can make a new test but this time he write something on the log maybe this can help ?

Attached Files:

50. zenGarden

zenGarden

40Go , wow that's a triple A game o_O