Search Unity

[RELEASED]EasyQuest - A Solution for Any Quest!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by chrisall76, Aug 3, 2014.

1. chrisall76

chrisall76

Been busy working on someone's project, most likely get back to this at the end of the month. Gotta finish up the node editor functionality and go from there.

2. chrisall76

chrisall76

K, now that I have time to work on this a bit here's what I'm planning currently.

Node Editor
    This will replace the current quest editor window, and looks like this (WIP).
    upload_2019-3-6_16-17-8.png

Yellow: Optional Objectives. These can be completed concurrently with the quest they're attached to. These can also lead to objectives if they're completed/failed, so quest can branch out however you like.
    Green: On Completed Objective. The objective that comes after you complete the current objective.
    Red: On Failed Objective. The objective that comes after you fail the current objective.

This system should make things much easier, as before optional objectives were a bit odd and it was hard to make a single quest branch out it's objectives.

Quest Metadata
    Different games need different requirements for quest (descriptions, awards, etc.), so to solve that each quest can now have a metadata file associated with it. Just create a script inheriting from IQuestMetadata and fill it with whatever you want. Currently you would use the quest status callbacks and do what you want with the metadata in these callbacks.

Localization Support
    Currently looking into how I could support localization/assets such as I2 Localization.

There's a few other things such as changing method names to make more sense, changing Quest IDs to strings, adding methods for adding quest to the questlist (should make modding/adding quest dynamically simplier), and moving a few things around to where they make more sense.

Once I finish up these things I'll work on a migration tool then push the update, as currently it doesn't look like the changes are totally imcompatiable with the stuff before.

f1chris likes this.
  3. Maphos0024

Maphos0024

Hi, i am trying to make a educational game like a quiz or quest, but more on idenitfying parts. Lets say parts of the car. I dont need an NPC, instead just have a window that will show the question/quest and the player looks for the part click a part and click a submit button. If right he gets a point. He has to identify many parts with some followup questions. Os this possible with this?