Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Touch

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, May 8, 2012.

1. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Hi Nicolas,

I've come across a problem with Easy Touch. I have a brand new scene with a CharacterController a cube (for the ground) and an Easy Touch Joystick. The only code I have is to apply gravity to the CC.

When the CC hits the ground it is grounded. I'm checking this via Debug.Log.

However, when I move, the CC becomes ungrounded.

Which is very strange. I have used Easy Touch in previous projects and it has never done this before.

Do you have any idea why this is happening? Has anybody else experienced this?

Thank you.

Can't wait for 3.0.

2. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Shiny,

Can you post on our forum your simple scene example, because I don't have this issue with the example that come with EasyTouch.

Don't forget to remove EasyTouch from your export...

Thank you

3. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

To Shiny,

If you use EasyJoystick on a gameobject with a gameController, you can directly apply some gravity

Please login in into our forum, and you will be able to download the last beta :D

4. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch 3.0 is available Link to Asset Store

Web Player

Forum support

Allows you to quickly and easily develop actions based on a touchscreen, joystick button. All major gestures are recognized by EasyTouch such as tap, double tap, swipe, twist, pinch...

* New NGUI support
    * New EasyJoystick 2.0
    * New EasyButton 1.0
    * New Reserved area<br>
    * and much more...Click here

* All major gestures are recognized in the same time
    * Automatic object selection and multi layers <br>
    * Remote support<br>
    * Second finger simulation<br>

You have all you need to create your game on mobile device, developed for mobile platforms has never been easier

EasyTouch is written in C#, it notifies you of an action by events. The events are sent by delegate system or internal messaging function of Unity

5. pha

pha

I am still trying to make my decision between EasyTouch and InputTouch. How can I enable/disable the joystick and the touch function that attach to my player for a specific scene? I don't want to attach the Easytouch and Joystick to my player on every scene. When I look at your tutorial it seems that I have to attach them to my player character and have to save the prefab, otherwise I will lose the connection between joystick and the player character.

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Pha,

EasyTouch, EasyTouch or EasyButton have an enable attrbibute. You have just to set to false to disable.

You don't have to attach anyone to your player. EasyTouch, EasyJoystick and EasyButton send event... Or if you use EasyJoystick in direct Mode you can set by code the new player

Nicolas

7. pha

pha

Ok. That makes more sense, and thank you for your reply.

8. imtrobin

imtrobin

Hi, I found an issue. When I use two finger movement, it will fire the pinch too. In the photo mainuplator example, you can see it happenging. There is slight zoom in and out always when I'm using two fingers.

9. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Hi, ran into a problem while importing - it seems player.cs already exist on multiple location :

Scripts named 'Player.cs' exist in multiple locations (Assets/EasyTouch/Example/C# Example/Example for EasyButton/Player.cs). Please rename one of the scripts to a unique name.

Scripts named 'Player.cs' exist in multiple locations (Assets/MasterAudio/ExampleScenes/ExampleScene/Scripts/Player.cs). Please rename one of the scripts to a unique name.

I am wondering if you can rename player.cs to something like "et_player.cs" to avoid this conflict every time I update Easy Touch - I know I can update from my end, but its far easier if you update from your end because I won't have to rename EVERY TIME I UPDATE. Thanks! :)

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  10. MrTopHat

MrTopHat

Hi, Im running into a slight issue with EasyTouch Joystick. Currently everything works fine when i have my Game Objects already in place in the scene. The Player is attached to the Joystick X and Y influence and it moves exactly how its supposed to.

However, in our game we are starting with a blank scene and are Instantiating our objects (for example: when the player is destroyed and a new player game object is spawned at the beginning of the level.) Currently the Joystick X and Y influence can only be attached to a Game Object that is already existing in the scene. How can I make it so that a game object I instantiate can be influenced by EasyTouch Joystick?

thanks a bunch for any help on the subject.

11. hbey

hbey

12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

With a little delay...

to I am da bawss
    It's very strange , because I don't have this issue when I'm importing the pacakge. In that you already have a Player.cs script in your project ?

to hbey
    :D Can I put your link into the hedgehog Team Forum ? and thank you

To MrTopHat
    Resolved in our forum : http://www.blitz3dfr.com/teamtalk/index.php?topic=53.0

13. hbey

hbey

Of course you can,as I know "NGUI"/"Easymotion2D"/"2D toolkit".etc also have Chinese version tutorial,if you have this kind job,I will be very glad to help you translate your tutorial into Chinese(Of course for free)and then send back to you.here is my persional email hiramtan@qq.com.

14. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Yeh, "Master Audio". I think a lot of extensions also use player.cs, which would result in conflict and stopping Unity from loading the rest of the extensions. As I have said before :

15. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Ok, I will change that in the next release, that will come next week.

Nicolas

16. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  17. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Shiny Taco,

Can you tellme more ?

Please post on our forum look at my signature

EasyTouch 3.0.3 is pending review

Release note :

* (EasyButton) Fixe Normaltexture property, if you changes the texture during runtime, it taken into account after une first click on a button
    * (Easyjoystick) Dynamic joystick no longer show when there are hover reserved area
    * (EasyTouch)Enable reserved area is on by default
    * Example Player.cs is rename to ETPlayer.cs

18. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Sure.

If you have a moment, download Jessy's GroundedColorSwitch.unitypackage

If you start a new project, new scene and import Easy Touch and add a joystick to the Capsule with the alternating color (it alternates to show that it's grounded).

When you move the capsule around with Easy Touch it becomes ungrounded. You can tell because it is only one color when you start moving, you can also verify this with Debug.Log.

I don't know, something feel buggy or glitchy. There are times when I'm running around and the grounding works fine, other times (without changing any code, or anything else) I run around and it flicks back and forth from grounded to not being grounded.

I completed a whole project with Easy Touch 2.5 and it worked great, I didn't have any grounding issues or anything. However, with 3.0 I've been stuck with grounding issues for over a week now.

I'm at the point now where I have to either change how the game controls, or change how the game plays because I can't spend anymore time on this.

I'm not really sure what's wrong or what the problem is.

Thanks for your product though, I really do enjoy it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

19. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

I haven't any issue the character controller, I have the same result with joystick or with a script that move the caracter controller with key. If you look a the y position, it's always the same. The only change between EasyTouch 2.5 EasyTouch 3, the gravity option fixed, because the gravity was apply when you move, now it apply every time.

Don't forget you have some properties

Height The Character's Capsule Collider height. Changing this will scale the collider along the Y axis in both positive and negative directions.
    Radius Length of the Capsule Collider's radius. This is essentially the width of the collider.
    Slope Limit Limits the collider to only climb slopes that are equal to or less than the indicated value.
    Step Offset The character will step up a stair only if it is closer to the ground than the indicated value.
    Min Move Distance If the character tries to move below the indicated value, it will not move at all. This can be used to reduce jitter. In most situations this value should be left at 0.
    Skin width Two colliders can penetrate each other as deep as their Skin Width. Larger Skin Widths reduce jitter. Low Skin Width can cause the character to get stuck. A good setting is to make this value 10% of the Radius.
    Center This will offset the Capsule Collider in world space, and won't affect how the Character pivots.

If you think there is a bug, can you send me an example with character controller move by script with some key, and one with a joystick.

20. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

I haven't any issue the character controller, I have the same result with joystick or with a script that move the caracter controller with key. If you look a the y position, it's always the same. The only change between EasyTouch 2.5 EasyTouch 3, the gravity option fixed, because the gravity was apply when you move, now it apply every time.

Don't forget you have some properties

Height The Character's Capsule Collider height. Changing this will scale the collider along the Y axis in both positive and negative directions.
    Radius Length of the Capsule Collider's radius. This is essentially the width of the collider.
    Slope Limit Limits the collider to only climb slopes that are equal to or less than the indicated value.
    Step Offset The character will step up a stair only if it is closer to the ground than the indicated value.
    Min Move Distance If the character tries to move below the indicated value, it will not move at all. This can be used to reduce jitter. In most situations this value should be left at 0.
    Skin width Two colliders can penetrate each other as deep as their Skin Width. Larger Skin Widths reduce jitter. Low Skin Width can cause the character to get stuck. A good setting is to make this value 10% of the Radius.
    Center This will offset the Capsule Collider in world space, and won't affect how the Character pivots.

If you think there is a bug, can you send me an example with character controller move by script with some key, and one with a joystick.

21. milox777

milox777

I'm having a problem with scripting my characters' strafe movement (I'm using event notification mode). Basically, when I move the joystick ideally forward then my character moves OK, but when I move the joystick North-East (a little bit to the right and forward) it doesn't move. It's 3rd person behind back camera, but it's fixed (you can't rotate the character using left joystick, that's why i need strafe movement). Here's my code:

Any help greatly appreciated, it's been giving me a headache for the past few days…

22. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Why do you use event mode to do that, because you do directly with the joystick ?
    And use. event only for launch animation.

But I will try to find your issue, can you register on our forum, it will be easier to follow your problem ?

Nicolas

23. milox777

milox777

Yes, I use events because I also launch animations in that code, I just removed it for now.
    I'll register in that forum, but I'll have to find that invoice number it asks me during registration

24. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

If you don't retreive your invoice, just send me a screenshot that show your assetstore with EasyTouch download button.

Nicolas

25. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

For the animations i can give you a hint in the forums of EasyTouch if you want, i have some scripts written on this place.

KirbyRawr.

26. Grand_A

Grand_A

Hi Hedgehog Team,

I need help in using EasyTouch.
    In my game, I instantiated a GameObject, then after it's created, I'd like to immediately have On_Drag function on it, so that it can follow my touch position.
    How do I do that?

Thank you.

27. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Grand_A,

Can you register to our forum to have support, it will be easier for you and me to follow your issue.

In waiting your topic on our forum, you can look at One touche example.

Regards,

Nicolas

28. milox777

milox777

I've registered on the forum will post as soon as admin approves me:)

29. Kirbyrawr

Kirbyrawr

Cool, post on problems and i can help you with the animations (I think, i'm not the master haha) ^ ^

30. yuewahchan

yuewahchan

Is Easy Touch support different pixel density ? e.g. the sensitive of the touch, e.g. iphone 3gs vs iphone 4 ( retina display )

31. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch uses Unity API, I uses easytouch on IPAD 2 on retina with without made change...

Nicolas

32. Mikie

Mikie

Using EasyTouch(3.03) with 4.1.2f1. Creating an Android app. Using the ButtonExample. Is there anyway to make the buttons smaller?

33. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Yes, of course, you just have to change the scale of the button ... on Button postion size properties on the inpsctor.

If you want more support, please register on our forum.

Nicolas

34. Mikie

Mikie

OK. Changed the size, but I am putting the app on a Droid 2 and the buttons are half off the screen in the landscape mode. How do I move them up on the Droid screen.

35. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

Hi Hedgehog,

I tried the Manipulate Photo example to test out the Pinch in and Pinch out behavior.

What I did:

Here are the delegates:

EasyTouch.On_DragStart += On_DragStart;
    EasyTouch.On_Drag += On_Drag;
    EasyTouch.On_TouchStart2Fingers += On_TouchStart2Fingers;
    EasyTouch.On_TouchDown2Fingers += On_TouchDown2Fingers;
    EasyTouch.On_TouchUp2Fingers -= On_TouchUp2Fingers;
    EasyTouch.On_PinchIn += On_PinchIn;
    EasyTouch.On_PinchOut += On_PinchOut;
    EasyTouch.On_Twist += On_Twist;
    EasyTouch.On_Cancel2Fingers += On_Cancel2Fingers;

I performed a Pinch Out operation:

Here is the sequence of events that got fired.

1. On_TouchStart2Fingers;
    2. On_TouchDown2Fingers;
    3. On_PinchOut
    4. On_TouchDown2Fingers;

Note that no other events got fired. I need to detect when the user stops Pinch In or Pinch Out. Also, why no other events got fired in this operation.

Thanks.

Sorry, found the problem.. Copy and Paste problem, didn't see it until wrote this mesage.
    EasyTouch.On_TouchUp2Fingers -= On_TouchUp2Fingers;

should have been EasyTouch.On_TouchUp2Fingers += On_TouchUp2Fingers;

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  36. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Rocki,

You must subscribe to other events like :
    On_PinchEnd
    or
    On_TouchUp2Fingers

Please register to our forum for a better support

Nicolas

37. Eron198200

Eron198200

How can i limit touch input for a determined screen area? I have a pause button on the top left of the screen but when i touch it easytouch register this touchphase to hit the ball too (it's a tennis game).

38. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

In EasyTouch 3.X you have the reserved area. this feature let you know if a touch is hover a reserved area like a button. Look at Multi Layer example.

If you want a better support, please register to our forum

Nicolas

39. yuewahchan

yuewahchan

What I mean is the sensitivity of the touch in non-rentina vs rentina display, as for NGUI or other gesture framework, it have special logic to take care of this issue.

40. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you want ?

NGUI is not a gesture library, but a GUI library. Can you give me an exemple , because I'm using EasyTouch on Ipad2 IPAD "3" with out make change. Of course NGUI have a special logic for his labrary , also on retina his GUI will be more smaller....

Can you give me an example ?

Nicolas

41. GREBENOTS

GREBENOTS

Did you ever implement how to use this with multiple cameras?

42. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch can mange multiple cameras for NGUI compatibilty, and you can setup when you want the camera for the auto-select

Nicolas

43. GREBENOTS

GREBENOTS

Awesome, except are you aware that multiple cameras ONLY work when using NGUI. I'm using my own GUI camera and it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe you can add blanket multiple camera support in an update?

44. fumangy

fumangy

hello sorry my bad English,I'm begin in Unity 3d and Easytouch,I have a problem.

Original script:

function Update(){
    var h = Input.GetAxis("Vertical");
    var v = Input.GetAxis("Horizontal");
    transform.localEulerAngles.x = -v*60;
    transform.localEulerAngles.z = h*45;
    }

Mi script (Easytouch):

var Myjoystick:EasyJoystick;

function Update () {

var h = Myjoystick.JoystickAxis.y;
    var v = Myjoystick.JoystickAxis.x;
    transform.localEulerAngles.x = -v*60;
    transform.localEulerAngles.z = h*45;
    }

Error
    Assets/myscript/LimitePivote.js(2,16): BCE0018: The name 'EasyJoystick' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

can you help me please

45. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation.

Grebenots: Yes it's a good idea

fumangy : If you want to use EasyTouch with Javascript you must drag plugin folder on the root of your project

I invite to register on our forum

46. louis2009

louis2009

Does it support desktop application with touch screen monitor?

47. profanicus

profanicus

How can I set the DoubleTap time, like I can with the SetLongtap time?

Currently the docs say "Occurs when the number of taps is egal to 2 in a short time", but how do I know what that "short time" is, and where can I change it?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  48. robson_eng

robson_eng

Hi, I bought the easy touch today...
    I would like to know if is it possible to press two buttons in the same time??
    Or is it possible control the joystick and press button in the same time??

49. robson_eng

robson_eng

Ok,we have enable unity remote!!!

50. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, this is the return of holiday ...I'm little slow ;)

Profanicus : : No you can't, but it's a good idea. You receive a double tap, when your finger stays in the tolereance (EasyTouch parameter), and system return a number of tap equal to 2 (Unity API)

Louis2009 : EasyTouch uses Unity API to manage touchscreen, you can manage touchscreen on IOS and Android. When Unity will add the support to PC or Mac touchscreen (soon), so EasyTouch will be able to manage them too.