Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Easy Touch

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, May 8, 2012.

1. RolfBertram_dot_me

RolfBertram_dot_me

I do see the "axis names only in Joystick", where it works for me. But I don't see "axis name" in "QuickPinch"

2. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

ETCInput is the manager for Virtual control.

If you want to data from gesture, you need to use EasyTouch event.

3. TheOz

TheOz

Hi Hedgehog team,

just updated easy touch to the 5.0.13 and now I am getting the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    HedgehogTeam.EasyTouch.QuickLongTap.Update () (at Assets/EasyTouchBundle/EasyTouch/Plugins/Components/QuickLongTap.cs:43)

You guys have a fix out yet?

4. Hohoyapogy

Hohoyapogy

Hello Hedgehog team

I use playmaker and eazytouch
    I Have one question about Swipe

when my 3d object have collider
    I swipe on it .Its not work
    (just can swipe on no collider area...)

how can I fix this problem

Thanks ^^

5. Hohoyapogy

Hohoyapogy

Ha I solve the issue
    at "General gesture proprerties"
    enable "always sent swipe event"
    its all work!!!

6. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

EasyTouch has Swipe & Drag

Swipe = When gesture doesn't start over an object.
    Drag = When gester start starts over an object.

And there is the option that you have activated, that allow to sent swipe in all the cases

7. mattSydney

mattSydney

Hi

Love the asset it is great. I noticed when I profile in the editor it appears to allocate 160bytes per frame, is this just in editor mode or does it leak memory in release mode too?

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 22.04.32.png

8. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi matt,

Yes, small allocation will be present too. I going to look if I can reduce it

mattSydney likes this.
  9. mniemann88

mniemann88

Hi,

thanks for the great asset!

Just bought it and I would love to use it for ARKit and Unity 2017.1.

But when I add EasyTouch to the ARKit Example Project (freely available in the asset store) I get the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assertion failed: Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 510.164062, 341.828125) (Camera rect 0 0 553 548)
    2. UnityEngine.SendMouseEvents:DoSendMouseEvents(Int32)
    It's related to the camera projection matrix used in UnityARCameraManager:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void Update () {
    4.         if (m_camera != null)
    5.         {
    6.             // JUST WORKS!
    7.             Matrix4x4 matrix = m_session.GetCameraPose();
    8.             m_camera.transform.localPosition = UnityARMatrixOps.GetPosition(matrix);
    9.             m_camera.transform.localRotation = UnityARMatrixOps.GetRotation (matrix);
    10.             m_camera.projectionMatrix = m_session.GetCameraProjection ();
    11.         }
    13.     }
    Is there any fix available? I would desperately love to use EasyTouch, as it's touch handling is fantastic.

Best Max

10. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

The problem is that the error is not directly related to EasyTouch....

EasyTouch uses the Unity APIs for picking from camera, but this one does not work anymore when you change the projection of the camera.

With what you tell me, I can not really say where it comes from. Because you show me code or error that seem related to ARKIT, not to easytouch

11. mniemann88

mniemann88

Thanks for your response!

I'm wondering which kind of APIs you refering to, so I can have a double check.

When I do simple touch and click management without EasyTouch the basic Unity functions work proper.

There is no problem raycasting a touch from screen position through the camera in the 3D scene, nor am I experiencing troubles to touch GUI elements in canvas.

I want to integrate EasyTouch as it handles multitouch and gestures properly and think that AR might be a cool use case for this Library swell.

Regards
    Max

12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

It does not matter, once again the errors you indicate, do not come from EasyTouch, and I don't have error with ARKIT

Could you create a package, and send it to me thank you

13. mniemann88

mniemann88

Dear Nicholas,

you are completely right, it was related to the ARKIT plugin.

Trying to reproduce the error, with the newest Version of ARKIT released yesterday, I found the errors are gone.

Thanks for your support!

Best Max

14. ciaravoh

ciaravoh

Hello,
    I'm trying to rotate a single cube on my screen and I cannot find the best way to do that. When using QuickSwip, the cube rotate always in the same direction even if I change the direction of my movement.
    Can you please point me to the right option ? I want to rotate a cube with 1 finger in any direction.
    thank you.

15. rrahim

rrahim

Hi,
    I've recently started using this awesome plugin but I'm having 2 issues so far:
    I'm unable to add the EasyTouchTrigger component to a gameobject because it just does not show up in the add components list.

Also, I've disabled the "Enable auto-select" option on the EasyTouch gameobject in my scene, but whenever I hit play, it re-enables itself. I currently need this off since I would like to use the swipes to control a specific function to move my screen.

Also, i have another quick question (may be a C# specific question), if I wanted to add an event at runtime using quickSwipe_Variable.onSwipeAction.AddListener, is there any way to add a function which does not require gesture as a parameter?

16. jingray

jingray

Hi, I used Quick Swipe. Quick Swipe with setting default touch anywhere on screen.
    I want use Quick Swipe on a area on screen, how ? Thanks.

17. ciaravoh

ciaravoh

+1 ?

18. MoribitoMT

MoribitoMT

Hi,

I am looking for a script that I can orbit camera around target game object with touch swipe on mobiles ( Like a car, and camera rotates around car while user swiping on touch screen ).

What I need is just set target game object and camera through scripting without any further scripting ( asset should handle the rest ).

Is this asset / plugin what look for ? In case, I am planning to purchase it.

Regards.

19. f1chris

f1chris

I really love your asset I used in my games but my newest one I'm working on needs to support the different gamepads for iOS. Do you have any plans or any solution to be able to switch easily from usual touchscreen controls to those MFi Controllers ?

thx

20. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

MoribitoMT likes this.
  21. luniac

luniac

Hey please update your asset store Virtual Controls link.
    I'm interested in what features easytouch provides for VR Development.

22. GunFister

GunFister

No one appears to be answering support questions on the forums.. I've posted on three different threads requesting assistance over the last week and there's no response. In fact, I've made requests several times over the last few months for information, help, etc. and there are no real answers.. Are you guys still supporting this software? username on forums: J1KNIGHT5

23. angel_m

angel_m

In the EasyTouch website forum is the same. No answers...

24. GunFister

GunFister

Looks like abandonware now...

Pity..

25. elpuerco63

elpuerco63

Just came across this and found the same...total radio silence, if they are no longer supporting they should pull from the Store and not sucker in new users!

26. elpuerco63

elpuerco63

27. Autarkis

Autarkis

Good news then :) I thought this was dead.

pKallv and elpuerco63 like this.
  28. ferretnt

ferretnt

Posted this on the forum on April 25th, but didn't get a response. Is easytouch still actively maintained/supported? Private forum seems marginally quieter than NGUI private forums, which maybe answers our question about whether to continue using Easytouch for our next project.
    Hi,

We've shipped many games/apps with Easytouch previously, but because everything we do has very complex multi view/camera/rendertexture setups, we've always had to hack things around to get gestures recognized. Things we've had to do have included:

- Adding colliders behind cameras just to make sure raycasts hit something.
    - Adding/removing cameras from the easytouch cameras array at runtime.
    - Handling our own raycasts, as usually gesture.PickedObject isn't what we wanted / from the right camera / etc.

Is there any way we can use Easytouch completely in screen space as a 2D gesture detector, and handle all our own 3D raycasting/picking/etc? We're currently evaluating Fingers Touch Gestures for a new app we're building from scratch, because it seems closer to this use case, but since EasyTouch has served us well enough so we'd like to confirm if there's an easy way just to have EasyTouch pretty much ignore the 3D world and focus on 2D screenspace gesture recognition.

29. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Is there any example of using Quick Drag with Grid Snapping? I tried some different approaches but not of them worked.

Thanks

30. cemozturk

cemozturk

There is a serious problem with latest version of easytouch lite.

When i put 2 objects on each other, one of has box2d collider and the other has box collider ( which is 3d ), pickedObject or GetCurrentPickedObject always brings box2d-collider.

I changed the Z-index, order in layer etc.. nothing changes.. It's always box2d collider.

Do you know any fix for this issue ?

31. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Hi @Hedgehog-Team
    Thanks for the great control plugin! Its been indispensable for years!

Ive been trying to setup screen recording (using Natcorder) and for the recording to work, I need to set the parent canvas for the joystick as ScreenSpace "Camera" rather than "Overlay". When I do this though, it seems to break the functionality on mobile. Is this something you're aware of? or have any ideas about?
    Thanks!

32. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Hi @Hedgehog-Team,

I found a solution that allows joysticks to work even with RenderMode Camera in my case. Please check out the code and feel free to use this if its helpful! I'm sure youve looked into this before, was there any reason to avoid compatibility for other render modes? Are there some other issues that I'm not aware of?

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void OnDrag(PointerEventData eventData)
    2.     {
    3.         if (pointId == eventData.pointerId)
    4.         {
    5.             isOnDrag = true;
    6.             isOnTouch = true;
    8.             float radius = GetRadius();
    10.             // Fix Render Mode
    11.             Vector2 cachedScreenPoint = (Vector2)cachedRectTransform.position;
    12.             float localScale = cachedRootCanvas.rectTransform().localScale.x;
    13.             if (cachedRootCanvas.renderMode == RenderMode.ScreenSpaceCamera)
    14.             {
    15.                 localScale *= cachedRootCanvas.referencePixelsPerUnit;
    16.                 if (cachedRootCanvas.worldCamera != null)
    17.                 {
    18.                     cachedScreenPoint = cachedRootCanvas.worldCamera.WorldToScreenPoint(cachedRectTransform.position);
    19.                 }
    20.             }
    22.             if (!isNoReturnThumb)
    23.             {
    24.                 thumbPosition = (eventData.position - eventData.pressPosition);
    25.             }
    26.             else
    27.             {
    28.                 thumbPosition = ((eventData.position - noReturnPosition) / localScale) + noReturnOffset;
    29.                 //^^ adjusted this line too
    30.             }
    32.             if (isNoOffsetThumb)
    33.             {
    34.                 thumbPosition = (eventData.position - cachedScreenPoint) / localScale;
    35.                 //^^ adjusted this line too
    36.             }
    38.             thumbPosition.x = Mathf.FloorToInt(thumbPosition.x);
    39.             thumbPosition.y = Mathf.FloorToInt(thumbPosition.y);
    Thanks!

33. backwheelbates

backwheelbates

Hi @Hedgehog-Team,

I spoke too soon. It worked in the editor, but had some jumpy/erratic results on the iphone.

Not too sure where to go next, thanks for any thoughts!

Eric

34. Goofy420

Goofy420

Hi. There's a new bug introduced with the latest update of EasyTouch and Unity 2018.
    When changing the "Normal" or "Pressed" images under "Sprites" (Buttons) it does not change the "Image" so the image never changes.

35. payalzariya07

payalzariya07

hello can you give example with double jump.

36. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

Can you please put the scripts in a specific namespace of your choice? It is affecting other assets of mine (which do have namespaces) and causing compiler errors because the name of script "Swipe" is too generic.

Thanks,
    jrDev

37. DankP3

DankP3

Is this abandoned asset?

38. angel_m

angel_m

I think it was abandoned many months ago.

DankP3 likes this.
  39. crafTDev

crafTDev

As a developer of assets, I have no idea why you would ghost your customers. All you need to do is come here and make a sincere post about no more updates. I know what it's like to have other things in life take precedence; life happens. I think it's horrible to do this to your customers this way. It's especially awful when you can check the last time a dev has shown up to the forums, ie today.

Thanks,
    jrDev

recon0303, sshepelevich and rrahim like this.
  40. recon0303

recon0303

Hmm, I used this asset for years... and I understand why some may stop, life happens, or they aren't making anymore money. Which is why some may charge for updates now. I have no issues with it. but this is still an active developer. I'm also surprised by this from this developer... I don't ask for help often nor need it. but its nice to know if its there. We can. but sadly looks like that is not the case. anyways, the code is clean, so I can maintain myself and will still use. but for future, please let people know you are stopping that would be more professional. This makes people NOT want to touch your other assets.. Just saying.. Unity asset store rep has gone down as we see this more..

Again I understand why you prolly stopped, but we would of liked to hear it from you. I hope you understand. as I do understand why some of you stop and do not blame you.

Cheers

Recon.

41. daville

daville

It got Deprecated, for now it still works in Unity 2019.2 but chances are at some point it will generate errors with future versions of Unity, do anyone know any good alternative?

My reply comes few months late, but I had the same problem, and then realized the Swipe class is inside an example folder, so you can delete it if you're not using it.

42. Zero242

Zero242

I have a question regarding the asset. I have a house which I can move seperate parts from their position. But if I want them to snap to where they were originally when moving them back, how do I do this? I haven't found anything like this in Easy touch and also no "reset to original placement". Greatful for any help :)

43. karonte

karonte

hi guys. any help in finding alternatives? i liked this plugin but I need to use in new projects.

Vaupell likes this.
  44. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

45. karonte

karonte

yes, I found it. it's not very user friendly and simple as Easytouch...Anyway, it's the only alternative... :) thanks

46. Daniel-Ryan

Daniel-Ryan

Am I able to get the latest version off someone? I've got an old version that someone bought under another Unity account that I don't have access to. I'm getting some errors that might be already fixed in later versions.

47. Rixtter

Rixtter

I just started back to coding, getting errors with Easy Touch. OK so looks like i need an alternative.

What I don't get, is that this dev just abandons even though they are selling other assets. Speaks volumes of them.

Assets I will never go near.