Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Touch

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Hedgehog-Team, May 8, 2012.

1. Funforge

Funforge

Hmmm... good question, I just need Pinch and SimpleTap when there is UI Elements on screen to move the Camera with the EasyTouch TouchPad but if I use that, I'm not on top of UI Elements. So, i don't think that I need to receive messages from ET at this moment.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void On_SimpleTap(Gesture gesture){
    2.    if (gesture.pickedObject){
    3.       if (gesture.pickedObject.tag == "myTag" && (!gesture.isOverGui || (gesture.isOverGui && gesture.GetCurrentFirstPickedUIElement() == touchPad))){
    4.          //Doing stuffs
    5.       }
    6.    }
    7. }
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //When I click on the UI Button
    2. public void ClosePopUp(){
    3.    myPopUp.SetActive(false);
    4. }
    problemscreen.png

2. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

If you don't have to deal with events on the UI Elements in case enable Unity Ui compatibility, and do a simple test :

Use the CompareTag method because if an object does not have a tag, your code will generate an error
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void OnEnable(){
    2.         EasyTouch.On_SimpleTap += HandleOn_SimpleTap;
    3.     }
    5.     void HandleOn_SimpleTap (Gesture gesture)
    6.     {
    7.         if (gesture.pickedObject){
    8.             if (gesture.pickedObject.CompareTag("myTag")){
    9.                 Debug.Log("you touch the cube");
    10.             }
    11.         }
    12.     }
    But normally this code should work if you turn off Unity Ui compatibility option
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void On_SimpleTap2(Gesture gesture){
    2.         if (gesture.pickedObject){
    3.             if (gesture.pickedObject.CompareTag("myTag") && (!gesture.isOverGui || (gesture.isOverGui && gesture.pickedUIElement == touchPad))){
    4.                 //Doing stuffs
    5.             }
    6.         }
    7.     }

3. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Oups,

I had not seen, why did you turn on auto update?

Your problem is here

4. Funforge

Funforge

I think I've solved my issue with your advices, thanks you. The simple test with the cube worked.
    So I disabled auto update and enabled UI Compatibility and it works, but I need to disable the TouchPad for that. And I need the TouchPad to be always activated and working to move the camera.
    Is there a way to ignore TouchPad when I use SimpleTap to select 3D elements in my scene?

5. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

I just extand the simple cube example with a full screen touchpad, and it's working every time, I have desable Unity compitibility mode

Click here for the web player

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class TapUnderGUI : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     public GameObject touchPad;
    5.     void OnEnable(){
    6.         EasyTouch.On_SimpleTap += On_SimpleTap;
    7.     }
    9.     public void On_SimpleTap(Gesture gesture){
    11.         if (gesture.pickedObject){
    12.             if (gesture.pickedObject.tag == "myTag" && (!gesture.isOverGui || (gesture.isOverGui && gesture.pickedUIElement == touchPad))){
    13.                gameObject.GetComponent<Renderer>().material.color = new Color( Random.Range(0.0f,1.0f),  Random.Range(0.0f,1.0f), Random.Range(0.0f,1.0f));
    14.             }
    15.         }
    16.     }
    18. }

6. Funforge

Funforge

Weird, I haven't the same result as you on my cube example.

EDIT: Files and link erased. Really sorry about that.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  7. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

This is normal, you do a simple test. Since you want the touchpad, you must disable the Unity comptabitility mode as you done, but in this case you receive all messages, so you have to test compared to the elements IU

In your case, I put the source code of the webplayer, in my previous post

PLEASE DON'T SHARE PUBLIC LINK (SEND BY MP), REMOVE THE PACKAGE FROM YOUR DROPBOX

8. Funforge

Funforge

Ok, it's perfect! Thank you very much Nicolas for your time! Really sorry again. :oops:

9. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

You're welcome, but be careful next time

10. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

EasyTouch 4.3.0 is alive in assetstore http://u3d.as/2Uo

News features
    -Add support of UI Element on EasyTouchTrigger component
    -Better inspector for EasyTouchTrigger

upload_2015-9-15_1-27-24.png

mimminito likes this.
  11. mimminito

mimminito

Very glad you have added in the UI trigger support :)

12. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

EasyTouch 4.3.1 is alive in assetstore http://u3d.as/2Uo

EasyTouchControls 1.2.3
    =======================
    - Bug fixed
    * The controls are corretly reset (value & position) after their deactivation
    * The Controls no longer return their value after their deactivation
    * The controls respond correctly to SetActive on their gameobject

- News
    * VituralControlInput is renamed InputManager
    * You can now add InputManager from GameObject menu.

13. gegagome

gegagome

If I want to use a real controller, say a Logitech one, will it work after setting a joystick and dpad using Easy Touch?

Thanks

14. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Real controller and EasyTouch Controls are 2 different things without link between them. So you can not read the values of a real joystick with methods of EasyTouch Controls.

However if your idea is to make your gameplay with a real joystick, then use a virtual control is quite feasible.It will rename the call to functions "Input" in "ETCInput"

15. gegagome

gegagome

I'm a little confused with your last paragraph. In my case it didn't work.

I set an ETC joystick but it didn't work with a physical one. That's expected apparently. The question is how to rename the call to functions "Input" in "ETCInput". Does it do automatically? What should I do?

Thanks

16. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

This is quite normal because EasyTouch Controls doesn't handle real joystick. So you couldn't control a virtual joystick with a real joystick. But migration scripts is very simple to do.

When using a real joystick, you need a script to obtain the values of the joystick axes to do what you want.
    Unity has the class "Input" ,it's interface into the Input system, with the methods GetAxis, GetButton etc ...

ETC has its own interface to its virtual controls, it's ETCInput withe the methode GetAxis, GetButton etc...The same as t Unity.

If your virtual control has the same axis name as Unity, in 95% of cases, simply replace the words Input by ETCInput to migrate a script that uses a real joystick, to migrate to a virtual control.

The development with virtual controls is a bit tedious when you want to test them, because you need to compil on final device, or use Unity Remote ( But it does not support multi touch with the new UI), or use the simulation key that you can setup in the inspector.

Another way is to develop typically for a real joystick, and once you have the expected result, just replace in script Input by ETCInput

Here a vido where I migrate the 2D exampple provided by Unity to virtual control :

17. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi, I am trying to get the Easy Touch Event Trigger to detect a gesture on a Unity UI element, such as a drag on an image.

I can get it to work fine with Unity's standard Event Trigger, but I want to use ETT so that I can get the finger position when the drag starts.

I want to be able to touch an image UI element drag my finger and a 3D cube be instantiated where my finger is so I can drag it about in the scene and it be positioned when and where I release my finger.

ETT looks perfect script for job, but it just won't fire the event, I have enabled Unity UI detection in the EasyTouch prefab in the scene...

Thanks in advance!

18. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

If you want to use EasyTouch Trigger Componenet with UI Element, you must update your easyTouch with the last version. This feature is available on the last one.

If you only want to use EasyTouch without Trigger, look at example : UITwistPinch.

Here the setup for EasyTouch fires event when the touch is over Ui Element
    upload_2015-9-25_13-31-10.png

If you still have problems, we will look more ready, with a sample script

19. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Thanks I will see which solution works best for my project.

20. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

OK, I have got things working with detecting drag on Unity UI elements, however is there a way of getting the TouchToWorldPoint when touching UI elements, like using gesture.GetTouchToWorldPoint for a 3D object in the scene.

I want to be able to touch a UI element, have a cube instantiate where my finger is touching the UI element and then when I drag my finger the cube its moved around on the X, Z plane.

21. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Allowing the detection of UI Elements doesn't change the operation of EasyTouch.UI Element detection, doesn' t prevent the detection of 3D object.

GetTouchToWorldPoint needs, The z position in world units from the camera, or a position reference to return the correct 2D to 3D, so you can use it where is the problem ?

GetTouchToWorldPoint is simply a shortcut to the ScreenToWorldPoint method but I automatically using the position of the touch and the main camera.

It must necessarily a distance or an object reference for distance, because for one 2D position, there is an infinite 3d position.

22. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi, I have managed to get the behaviour working as desired.

Here is the code for anyone interested...

Code (csharp):
    1. Vector3 position = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint (newVector3 (gesture.pickedUIElement.transform.position.x, gesture.pickedUIElement.transform.position.y, Camera.main.nearClipPlane+10));
    2. GameObject cube = GameObject.CreatePrimitive(PrimitiveType.Cube);
    3. cube.transform.position = newVector3(position.x, position.y, position.z);

23. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Good, I hadn' t realized that you wanted to create relative the Ui element position and not the position of the touch

24. ptblk

ptblk

Still no proper tutorial on how to make use of your plug-in. I expressed this to you in extreme detail the benefits for your buyers as well as your own marketing, yet you seem to have not taken anything I said seriously.

You have 2 tutorials on a very complex asset. How on earth do you expect people who don't have your scripting knowledge to make proper use of your asset and the list of other functionality if you don't even make the effort to show us. Please don't tell me you use this forum, because it's a mess and is certainly not the platform to educate people looking for a specific feature/functionality. So now I have an asset that all I know how to do is rotate and color and object, because those are the only 2 tutorials on your youtube channel great.....

Youtube is there for this, yet I see nothing on there since 8 months ago. what a waste seriously. Tired of devs not understanding that everyone who buys their asset is doing so because they can't do it themselves. if they could, they wouldn't be buying it. Its really that simple. Instead of spending all your time answering repeated questions here, go and take 2 hours and make one video on a topic for all to watch

I am da bawss likes this.
  25. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi Ptblk,

Easy Touch is a set of events based on actions performed on a touch screen. So it takes a little programming knowledge.

Gestures management is complex, and each person has different needs. EasyTouch is provided with example illustrating all messages and current case. But it is impossible to make videos on everything, I can not replace the Learning of Unity FrameWork

If people have difficulty in understanding the use of a particular message based on the situation, this is not a video which will help. And no, I don't feel I repeat myself, because you can go up the posts, it's always different cases. And even if I repeat myself, I'm here for that.

I personally don't feel that this forum is useless, just like any other topic from other publisher. I'm not here to educate people, but to help people.

Exactly, if you have browsed the forum, each person has a different need, according to a different situation. And my help is relatively minimal on EasyTouch, but especially on how to use the Unity framework once received messages.

Easy Touch is not PlayMaker, it does not simplify the developpment of your game actions, It allows you to manage the gestures you do on a touch screen. But these actions are to do with the conventional use of Unity.

So if you don't know to scroll a texture with script, This is not EasyTouch that help you do it with a Swipe. EasyTouch will notify you that there is a swipe, but the action to make scroller texture, remains an action to do with the Unity framework.

I assume you have read the documentation, try the code snippet, and watch all the examples and scripts that accompany them...

I know you did the same type of post on one competitor of EasyTouch, so tell me what you need?

Or there is a plugin for PlayMaker, if you are not an advanced programer, this will allow you to use EasyTouch without writing code : PlayMaker Action for EasyTouch

But indeed, if Easy Touch doesn't match your expectations, you always have the option to ask for a refound.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  26. ptblk

ptblk

Man you really don't grasp the concept of marketing and time management system. So I will try explain it to you again.

1. You make a list of simple 1-2min video/s showing the power of your assets features. I.e. basic use of more than just its drag functionality form 8 months ago. Is drag really the only feature you want to market? What about swipe double tap, rotate, pinch etc? Your absurd excuse for not doing so is that people 'complained' that it's too basic. Lol what are you on about?! if it's not what they are looking for then they don't need to watch the video. But for everyone else IT IS USEFUL and is FREE MARKTING for you. Make more complex videos of other topics from the forum and list them in playlist on YouTube. I've said all of this to you before but you don't want to listen. If you just went through the forum and made some videos of questions people asked you wouldn't have to babysit the forum all day long and then people can ACTUALLY find it easier than clicking through 23 pages of forum.

2. That video gets seen by potential buyers, looking for a solution to a touch/navigation issue. Seeing as YouTube is owned by Google, they list videos on top of search results by default becasue htey make money on ads. http://searchengineland.com/youtube...ng-ranked-second-largest-search-engine-225533
    What that translates into is one of the easiest organic listings you will find for free. This not only solves the person's problem, but makes them buy your asset on the spot. You make money. A win-win at its best.
    My reason for buying this asset was solely based on goggling, 'drag to rotate object' and came across your YouTube video. Now does that not tell your marketing brain something.? If it doesn't I am really wasting my time here

3. That very same video helps people such as myself who have paid good money for your solution to better understand how to actually make use of it and learn from it without having to ask or sift through pages upon pages of forum. Your current documentation is lackluster and lists the exact same tutorials you have in the videos. it really tell me nothing.

4. What this in turn delivers is a framework of videos that never sleeps and services your product and clients 24/7. This will net you more sales, which can be put back into your asset, in the form of hiring someone to grow the business AND MAKE MORE MONEY. Even someone to make future videos
    It frees up your TIME, to either relax/go on holiday or make the asset better instead of wasting time answering the same questions over and over on a forum.

I really don't understand how you don't see the basic concept of marketing value, business and financial growth in taking just 2 days to make some videos.... At the same time it also helps current buyers make proper use of the asset they paid you for, and not telling them to PAY MORE for an add-on......

I am da bawss likes this.
  27. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

Hi @Hedgehog Team, I want to ask something..
    In the past I try to do with your asset that a character 2d makes aiming with the gun but without success.
    After much testing I decided to try to do with another active, but I would like to use this asset. Could you explain some way of how to do it or maybe add an example in your asset?

This is what I want to do:

28. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want the orientation of the weapon is based on the angle of the thumb, and there is shooting in automatic if thumb is fully.

This operation requires some programming, but integrate for direction action would be a good idea. We must therefore calculate the angle based on two axes, and trigger the shot according to the length of the vector of axes

I assumed that your character is 2D (sprite) and that the weapon is child of the chicken.
    Drag and drog this script on the chicken => drag & drog the weapon gameobject in the inspector ...

Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using System.Collections;
    5. public class ChickenFire : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public GameObject weapon;
    8.     public float fire =0.8f;
    9.     public float minAngle = 15;
    10.     public float maxAngle = 155;
    13.     public void Aiming_Shooting(Vector2 axes){
    15.         // Weapon rotation
    16.         float angle =Mathf.Atan2( axes.x,axes.y ) * Mathf.Rad2Deg;
    17.         if (angle>0){
    18.             angle = Mathf.Clamp(angle,minAngle,maxAngle);
    19.             weapon.transform.rotation  = Quaternion.Euler( new Vector3(0,0,(angle-90)*-1));
    20.         }
    23.         // Fire
    24.         if (axes.magnitude>fire){
    25.             Debug.Log("shoot");
    26.         }
    27.     }
    28. }
    After call this script from On_Move event

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Mr-Stein likes this.
  29. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

can i change button sprites from code what i want to do
    1- if player run ( use sprite running)
    2- else use default
    thanks

how i fixed
    using UnityEngine.UI; <--- before class name

public GameObject RunningInput; <-- inside class
    public Sprite myPic; <-- inside class
    RunningInput.GetComponent<Image>().sprite = myPic; <-- <-- inside method

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  30. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

EasyTouch uses UI, so as you have done is good...

31. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

@Hedgehog Team I'm coming back to a project I haven't worked on for months... I just updated to the newest version of Easy Touch, and I have some Unity UI sliders in my app that I can't get to interact properly. I have "Enable Unity UI detection" enabled and the other 3 options under "GUI compatibility" disabled. I alos have the sliders set to a Layer that my "Pickable Layers 2D" has selected.

When I hover my mouse over the slider knob it changes color slightly so it seems like Unity's UI is recognizing something, but it won't allow me to actually drag it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

32. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

Do you have some EasyTouch controls like Joystick, TouchPad etc... on another canvas or in the same canvas ?

For information, the options you mention, are used to define the behavior of Easytouch relative to an UI Element. They therefore have no influance on them, but only on EasyTouch events

33. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

I don't have any controls, but I did change a Unity UI button over to a Easy Touch Trigger because it wasn't working either, and the Easy Touch Trigger does work. (So it seems like in general Unity UI stuff just isn't working for me, it visually looks like its getting some events but I can't drag the slider and Buttons don't fire the OnClick events).

34. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

This may look like missing component on Event System gameobject as Standalone Input Module, or missing Graphic Raycaster component on your canvas.But I'm having a little trouble help you without having access to your project.

Do you have the possibility to send me your test scene ? (in private or on this mail : the.hedgehog.team@gmail.com, the answers will be public)

35. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

@Hedgehog Team Thanks for the support. I ended up simply deleting my EventSystem object and creating a new one and now everything is acting as it should.... pretty strange but I'm just happy its working!

36. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

@Hedgehog Team thanks for you fast reply, but this only work with the stage "normal" and "aiming+shoot", right? do you have some idea of how to do the stage "aiming" without shoot? because I want to have the 3 stages

Regards,

37. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi all,

rxmarccall
    As I told you, it was missing components to your gameobject EventSystem. The new creation was correctly create your object.

Mr. Stein
    As you can see, the shot is determined by the value of the position of the joystick. But if you want 3 actions from the joystick thumb. Could you describe the execution of their conditions?

38. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

Hi @Hedgehog Team, sorry was my mistake is working in the 3 states(normal, aiming, aiming+shoot)..
    But I found a problem.. is only working 0 to 90 degrees (joystick up-right, joystick right-right, joystick right-down) when I pass 90 degrees the weapon stops rotating.
    how could I do that rotate 180 degrees?

Regards,

39. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

change these lines

if (axes.magnitude>fire){
    Debug.Log("shoot")
    }

by

if (Mathf.Abs(axes.magnitude)>fire){
    Debug.Log("shoot")
    }

40. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

@Hedgehog Team with that now can fire but still without rotating 180 grade :/..

41. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

I just did the test, with the original script, shooting is triggered regardless of the direction.

Can you show me your script ?

42. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

Im using the same that you publish here.. I dont have problem any more with the shooting.. my problem is with the rotation, the gun is only rotating 90 degrees(to the right), passing 90 degrees is not rotating any more..

43. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Ah ok, I had understood that. Yes I add constraints relative to the orientation of your character.
    Here's the code without constraints

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ChickenFire : MonoBehaviour {
    3.     public GameObject weapon;
    4.     public float fire =0.8f;
    6.     public void Aiming_Shooting(Vector2 axes){
    8.         // Weapon rotation
    9.         float angle =Mathf.Atan2( axes.x,axes.y ) * Mathf.Rad2Deg;
    10.         weapon.transform.rotation  = Quaternion.Euler( new Vector3(0,0,(angle-90)*-1));
    12.         // Fire
    13.         if (axes.magnitude>fire){
    14.             Debug.Log("shoot");
    15.         }
    16.     }
    17. }

Mr-Stein likes this.
  44. Mr-Stein

Mr-Stein

45. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins

@Hedgehog Team I just got it working with the Corgi engine, but the Dynamic Joystick doesn't work at all!

Any ideas?

46. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

When a joystick is configured in dynamic mode, Easy Touch control that there is no UI Element selectable under the desired position. (Ui Element with Graphic RayCast ) , to prevent the display of the joystick over user interface.

Are you in this case ?

47. arkhament

arkhament

Hi @Hedgehog Team, there is a way to made Joystick thumb work to drag only in right, up, left, down? I mean block the 180 grade movement when I drag the thumb of the joystick and get work the drag of the thumb only in cross..

PS: sorry for my english

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  48. Hedgehog-Team

Hedgehog-Team

Hi,

I'm sorry, but this feature does not exist, you must modify the source code of the joystick.

Regards,

Nicolas

49. Goofy420

Goofy420

Please remove the Beast lightmap .exr's from the Unity 5 package examples. The take forever to import or freeze Unity when project is set to Android and requires me to force close Unity and manually delete them before opening again. Unity 5 no longer uses beast, so they are redundant Thanks.

50. arkhament

arkhament

thats true, I have problem too with the lightmap .exr's