Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. pegassy

pegassy

I am using Opsive's TPC and having problem with saving the position of the character. The character moves inside the save game trigger, I hit right alt, choose a save spot, and it does show as saved. If I try to load from within game menu load screen, as soon as I choose "Saved Game 1" the character will be deleted from the scene and nothing happens.

If I go back to the main menu and try to load it from the continue game menu there, then it loads the game, but the character starts from the regular starting point, instead of the spawn point inside the save game trigger...

I tried to import the cube from the EMM demo scene, and tried the same with it, to see if the problem was caused by any script on TPC's character, but I had the same outcome.

Any ideas?

2. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hi, please try the demo scene with the cube. Also, there are other users as well who are using opsive tpc with emm, however I personally haven't used it.

Also, please try quick saving and see if that works or not. :)

3. pegassy

pegassy

I have retested in a new project with TPC + EMM in its clean scene and it is working properly. i could get the character to respawn at the last saved location after a load.

I will start looking into possible influences from other assets for the behavior in my scene. I am also using Morph3D, and actually quite a many other assets. I still have the same problem in my original game scene, and will try to shoot other possible areas of error down.

Thank you for the awesome asset, and looking forward to future updates and direct integration with Opsive's TPC and TPC2.

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  4. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I am really glad it worked! :)
    You can always support us by rating or only if you have time, writing a review on the Asset's page :)

http://u3d.as/W3m

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

5. rrabassa

rrabassa

Just purchased your asset. Great stuff.
    I'm testing our project on a PC with an XBOX controller attached. How do we navigate the menus and also pull up the pause menu from the controller?

Thanks,
    rich

6. pegassy

pegassy

Hello rrabassa,

I just started using EMM, too. I was able to pull of what you need using this tutorial video:

7. pegassy

pegassy

I have got couple of issues that I am currently trying to figure out with EMM: I will appreciate if you could help:
    1. How may I define both keyboard and gamepad for the same behavior at the same time using EMM? It does not seem to be supported at this time (unless I have two separate entries for each behavior, which will spam the menu). Maybe a feature for an upcoming update? Also, I cannot show mouse movement as an axis.
    2. I cannot change individual volume for individual scenes (i.e. menu, scene-1, etc). If I enter those with the correct names in the easy audio in inspector, then the game starts playing both, or acts some weird sound. The original BG volume resets when the level loads.
    3. I cannot change the contrast and brightness. In the original tutorial it shows as plug and play (as soon as the video shows the EMM loaded, those features seem to work out of the box). I tried to check the code but could not find any indication on what is wrong. The contrast and brightness simply do not change.
    4. I still occasionally (10% of the time) have my player character disappear when I click on load and choose a save point IN GAME. This does not happen on the main menu. I want to be able to fix it. Also, even when it loads, it first makes the character disappear, and a second later the character loads. A small bug, but definitely makes the game look unprofessional. Any suggestions?

8. rrabassa

rrabassa

Hi pegassy,

I followed the video and was able to set up my menus very easily. But I cannot navigate thru my menus nor call up the pause menu with a gamepad controller. I am testing on a windows PC with an xbox 360 controller attached.

Any ideas?

thanks,
    rich

PS: I am using Invector's Third Person Controller. Not sure if there's a conflict there.

rich

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  9. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks for your support and sorry for late response.

As far as I have tested mine works out of the box with the xbox controller... Mine Unity version is 5.6.3f.

I will take a look into it and get back to soon! :)

Thanks for your patience bro! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

10. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hm.... I haven't tested both simultaneously... Will defintly see to it and get back to this :)

That's a nice suggestion will definitely add it into next update bro! :) Thanks a lot! :)

The contrast and brightness were having a dependency on Standard Assets Image Effects(legacy). So I moved those scripts into the rar.
    You can find them at this location :
    Assets\EasyMainMenu\Scripts\Brightness.rar
    Extracting them will give you an error so you have to Import "Old" legacy image effects and all should work fine! :)

Actually we are destroying the Player and not letting him carry on to next scene to avoid discrepancies across various character controller solutions available..! I did made sure that Screen Fader should start before this happens which means screen fades and then this happens.. Maybe the bug you mentioned is occurring in the Editor. In the build, as far as I know this don't happen at all ! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

11. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @walledcityinfotech, I'm having an issue with my build when adding easymainmenu. The game crashes when loading my game scene with the error

"too many heap sections" Not sure if this is a memory issue does the asset hog a lot of memory?

Any ideas appreciated.

Andy

12. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I heard this for the first time and doing a quick Google search showed me other people having the same problem in other Assets like a* pathfinding, etc

https://answers.unity.com/questions/305713/too-many-heap-sections.html

My best guess is you might have some endless loop running which is crashing the build..

AndyNeoman likes this.
  13. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Yeah, I did the same. Any idea what it might be as my game runs fine if I disable easymainmenu.

14. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I'm also getting these errors cold be related @walledcityinfotech

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    OptionsController_Game.game_setMusic () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Main Menu Scripts/OptionsController_Game.cs:228)
    OptionsController_Game.game_setDefaults () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Main Menu Scripts/OptionsController_Game.cs:319)
    OptionsController_Game+<Start>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Main Menu Scripts/OptionsController_Game.cs:49)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    MainMenuController.playHoverClip () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Main Menu Scripts/MainMenuController.cs:215)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:165)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`1[T0].Invoke (.T0 arg0) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_1.cs:63)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventTrigger.Execute (EventTriggerType id, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/EventTrigger.cs:67)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventTrigger.OnSelect (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/EventTrigger.cs:108)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (ISelectHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:106)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[ISelectHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

15. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Has anyone got this asset to work with unity 2017.3.f3?

Cant understand how a little menu scene could cause menu leaks but not sure what else it could be.

I have sent support request to unity but if anyone can help on the forums it would be appreciated.

16. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This comes when there's no Easy Audio Utility prefab in the scene. Please start the game from the Loading screen. which means, make sure, the loading screen is at the 0 index in build settings.

AndyNeoman likes this.
  17. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks that's fixed. I'm still having the build error however. seems to be memory but cant find the solution so far. Does your script create large variables/arrays? Can't see why but this is a strange error for a little menu scene to produce.

My scene is quite large but works perfectly when loaded as scene 0.

18. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmmm... That's odd... I once tested an ultra heavy open world scene with world streamer and easy main menu and it worked just fine...

19. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I wonder if build settings change and are dependant on which scene is 0. Far fetched but until unity come back to me im at a loss :-( .

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Don't worry... These kind of problems eventually make us a more stronger person in this industry. :)

21. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Finally got to the bottom of this. Game was going over the 4gb limit (Ram) for 32bit applications. I change build to 64 bit and crash has gone. That explains why in the unity editor 64bit version the game was not crashing but in build (32 bit) it was.

A few days of frustration but nothing is wasted if you are learning. Thought it was worth sharing for anyone encountering too many heap sections errors.

22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome, thanks for sharing bro. Nobody would have guessed it.
    All the best for your project! :)

23. pegassy

pegassy

Thanks for the replies. I did extract the brightness.rar file, and I had installed the legacy shader files earlier. I still do not seem to be able to change the brightness and contrast. Any suggestions?

Also, a very important for the next update would be to have the "Game" options in the in-game menu, such as music/sound volume, and controller config. I need those in game way more than graphics options. It would be nice to have an optional difficulty toggle.

Finally, I have been looking for a character selection menu asset for a long time. Something that will instantiate the player character that you choose among others. This would be an awesome addition for any future updates if you consider it.

Thank you.

24. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @walledcityinfotech , i'm just incorporating the pause menu in game and noticed it doesn't work with controller. The other menus work fine but pause you have ot use mouse. If you could update this it would be great as steam require all options to be controllable by controller to allow you to state "Full Controller Support" on the sales page. I've added it to the pause button itself (esc or back on controller) but not managed to find how to control the scroll for resume or main menu.

25. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hmm, I just realized that for pause menu, we have to press escape.... Anyways for a quick fix you can map the input button with any of the joystick button. :) I am not on a system right now but I think it is in Ui Controller script's Update method

Neviah and AndyNeoman like this.
  26. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi, yeah sorry, i didn't explain well I have done that but the menu itself does not work with controller. I.E selecting either resume or main menu. that requires mouse. I will check out the ui controller update menu. Thanks.

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi bro,
    thanks for your awesome suggestions!! :)

I will be working on a menu solution which will be an add-on for the Zombie Asset Series I am working on.
    It will be containing full in game shop, character selection and customization, and all the things EMM includes. :)

Once, that is done I will try to implement same in EMM as well. :)

For more info on the Awesome FPS series, please see the thread

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...-pack-inventory-minimap-mobile-ai-etc.516404/

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  28. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

A character selection and shop solution for EMM, I would be also interested. ;)

29. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I've had your menu system for a while now, and it's the best solution for a menu on the store. It integrates well with Invector, as I've used it in tandem with their shooter template. My question is does it integrate well with RFPS? I've noted that integration for it is listed as coming soon on the asset store page, but how easily would it work with RFPS as of now?

Thanks.

30. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks a lot for your support and kind words bro :)

There's a guy here (sorry I don't remember him) saying that EMM worked out of the box with rfps and later he had to do a lil bit tweaking but everything worked perfectly.

If i am not wrong, the player tag in rfps is ''Player" only and since, emm's triggers are based on Tags only. This should work without any problem. :)

Oderus_Urungus likes this.
  31. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @walledcityinfotech, I'm trying to implement your easyinput but after adding all the buttons I need and setting up the corresponding keys somehing goes wrong when entering play mode. The buttons are still defined I.E button3 is there but the actual key you press is set to none. When exiting playmode the key is set to the correct one but does not stay when in play mode.

32. asenetpro

asenetpro

hello I like to say I purchase your software about a week ago and I find it very excellent asset I had one problem but after reading the entire forum I found the solution from other uses the only thing I would like to say now I hope you can integrate an inventory system, a local shop and unity shop and more info on keybinding for configuration for joystick and keyboard setup or maybe a video on your
    input utility

33. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @walledcityinfotech , another issue i'm having :-(. I've setup the easyaudio utility and have background music and soundfx. in unity everything is fine, music is on, soundfx play etc. but when I build to pc standalone the soundfx do not play. The music is on but that's it.

Any idea what this issue might be and also the question above I asked a couple of days ago about the easyinput utility.

EDIT:- Issue related to using wrong prefab in loadingScreen. Easyaudio now working correctly with my edited prefab. :)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  34. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Glad to hear that! :)

35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Sure bro. :)
    In the meantime please see the ones available currently.
    Thanks for your support and patience.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

36. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @walledcityinfotech,

If you are taking requests a game over menu screen would be really useful. I'm doing mine a the moment but the fact its not part of your system is causing a bit of a headache with the event system and navigation etc.

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

There is an end game screen but it's only for Invector's Template... I can try including one. :)
    Please tell me what are all the attributes you wish to include in it like
    Level name
    Level Image
    etc...

AndyNeoman and Neviah like this.
  38. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Mine is simple one. It only has restart and main menu and some custom code for how long player survived. I've just added mine and once I realised I could just grab the event system and change the selected first it has hooked in ok. It would be nice to have it built in though then it could use your loading screen too.

All options are now using the controller so I can update steam to have full controller support which is a nice bonus.

As someone above said the ability to change sound options in game would be really great.

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thats really nice! :) Will add it in next update! :)

Looking forward to play your game and will also put it on asset's page if you want :)

Wish you all the best for your game!

AndyNeoman likes this.
  40. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Thanks, that's great. If you pm me your steam id I will send you a key if you would like to be tester. Should be going into early access in the next few weeks.

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Done! ;)

42. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I second the game over screen. Along with the basics like restart and main menu, maybe have something like hit rate %, enemies killed, etc. Either way, you have the best main menu solution on the store, bar none.

Thanks!

43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hey bro,
    I am very sorry for inconveniences caused. But if you are active on Invector's Forums, you might already know that they are pushing or had already pushed their latest update which has major changes in the namespaces. Which will indeed BREAK ALL the addons like evila's rpg addon, bullet time addon and indeed emm's integration as well. Tbh I am currently ultra busy with my latest Asset Manoeuvre fps and Ultimate Zombie Artificial Intelligence. I am avoiding diving into Invector's code as of now coz of above mentioned reason.

Regarding all the items disappearing from scene 1 to another, I did tested it in the previous version of Invector and it freaking went all fine.. I can guess a hack if it's not working but I haven't tested this... Try calling the QuickSave method right before Changing the scene. It saves the Inventory items. And when the next scene loads, Recieve current items will be called automatically and it can recieve the items stored in the precprev scene. :)

Again I am very sorry for the inconveniences caused and thank you for your patience!!!

Neviah likes this.
  44. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Good evening! Will the removal of "Easy Main Menu" errors in the integration with "Third Person Controller - Shooter Template Inector" in connection with the release of their updates? Thank you!

45. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I'm not using that system myself but could you just save the data to playerprefs before loading new scene then over-write the new empty clone with the player prefs again in the new scene.

46. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Good morning all, @walledcityinfotech , my game has just got accepted to sell on steam but they did caution that it is using 100% GPU. I presumed it was the game scene due to lots of foliage etc.. but on testing its actually the loading scene before the main menu and game scene has even loaded. Any idea why the loading scene is running 100%? Anyone else noticed this.

I'll have look to fix and post anything I find but if anyone else solves this please let me know.

47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

First of all, congratulations for your release bro! If you want I can add it on EMM's Asset Store page!!! :) But still, can you please share the link here so we can all see how it looks!!! :)

Secondly, I heard the gpu consumption issue for the first time... I will definitely look into it and get back to you :)

AndyNeoman likes this.
  48. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I had a few questions: Within the Quality menu options for the graphics, I'm assuming those are adjusting the quality settings like the ones we can tweak in the Editor? My question is: Is this system extendable in that I can include the ability to get a reference to a Post Processing Profile and turn on and off certain things like Bloom, Ambient Occlusion and Motion Blur within that profile? Is it already set up to save this information so that these settings to the Post Processing Profile will load up using them in a level? I am thinking this is something I might have to add to one of your scripts?

49. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

That's an awesome addition, will love to add it in the next update! :) As of now, you have to do this on your own. :)

JamesArndt likes this.
  50. magique

magique

Speaking of features, I would love to see integration with Master Audio instead of having to use the Easy Audio utility that comes with this.