Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmm... that's odd.. will get back to you asap!

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

2. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

problem still exists

3. f1chris

f1chris

It's a very good asset but to me it's really missing a Rewired integration.

Someone figured it out already ? I can't see one central place for inputs and with the many more updates expected it can be a bit time consuming each time to merge it back.

I really hope Rewired is on the short/mid term roadmap.

4. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Yes Rewired integration would be awesome. ;)

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I am very sorry for the late response :!

Please Comment this line in
    SaveGameTrigger.cs
    line number : 62-65

Code (CSharp):
    1. //disable all UI
    2.             //for (int i = 0; i < allUI.Length; i++) {
    3.             //    allUI[i].gameObject.SetActive(false);
    4.             //}
    Also comment the same line in
    UIController.cs
    line number : 57-62

Code (CSharp):
    1. //disable all UI
    2.             //for (int i = 0; i < allUI.Length; i++) {
    3.             //    allUI[i].gameObject.SetActive(false);
    4.             //}
    Please fee free to contact me if you have any confusions.
    Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

6. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi,
    Thanks and I agree Rewired and EMM are made for each other lol :p
    I will be working on Rewired integration as soon as my Zombie Assets Series is done. I have been working on it from past 3 months and coz of it I have left my full-time job. :p

I will be soon (by next week) making an official announcement and a separate thread for those assets.

Basically Zombie Assets Series consists of 4 Assets :
    > FPS Weapons Pack - 4 PBR Weapons which can work in any Shooter Games.
    > Manoeuvre FPS - AAA Quality First Person Shooter with procedural animation system for weapons. (This will be having above mentioned FPS Weapons Pack)
    > Ultimate Zombie AI - The ONLY Zombie AI Solution on the Asset Store with hear, search behaviour. :)
    > Mega Pack - It will be containing all three above mentioned Assets. :)

Again, as I said earlier, as soon as these 4 are done which I hope by the end of next week. I will be giving my full attention to EMM and TPCWC.

Thanks a lot for your support and patience.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

Bartolomeus755 and f1chris like this.
  7. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

I do not understand the code (((

8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi sir,
    Can you copy paste the script if I will send it to you via personal message. Actually I can't include this code in new version as this UI Bug is only related in Invector's Asset.

Thanks for your patience.
    Best
    Hamzah

9. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Thank you very much for your patience. Yes, I can insert a script.

10. jrackley

jrackley

@walledcityinfotech any word on whats going on with the saving Inventory with Invector? Now even when I can get it to save across multiple scenes it duplicates all of my items.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi bro, I am very sorry for inconveniences caused... which version of Invector are you using? I am using the previous version and everything is okay here... :)

12. jrackley

jrackley

using Unity 2017.1.1f and the newest Invector Version. Melee 2.2.5 shooter 1.1.5

13. jrackley

jrackley

Okay so I seem to have the saving back to working, now the only issue left is that the items in the Inventory get duplicated with every load into the level.

14. guavaman

guavaman

Assuming this uses Unity UI as its base, there is no Rewired integration required. All you do is use the Rewired Standalone Input Module instead of the normal Standalone Input Module and Rewired will control the UI.

transat and f1chris like this.
  15. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This is by far the Best Thing I have Read on the internet Today! :D :D :D
    Thanks a lot @guavaman ! And your Rewired is mind blowing! <3

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

f1chris and guavaman like this.
  16. johny256

johny256

RFPS Integration?

17. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Good afternoon!
    I remind myself of myself :)

18. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I am very sorry for late response. Please check your messages :)
    You just have to copy the whole script and paste it into SaveGameTrigger.cs and UIController.cs

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, @Arganth did Integrated EMM successfully with the RFPS.
    Please see his post here.
    EMM POST

Moreover, I will be personally integrating EMM with RFPS but I can't say any ETA. Most probably in upcoming weeks. :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome News :
    Our Zombie Asset series got their Official Forum thread released. I will be adding Latest Update news, new Tutorials, etc every week. So please make sure you check this Forum Regularly. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Manoeuvre FPS + Ultimate Zombie AI - MEGA PACK

Please visit the Forum Thread for more information.​

21. f1chris

f1chris

thx @guavaman . I know you can't help more with the Easy Main Menu asset but it's not working. I tried Rewired Standalone Input Module with another, but simpler asset and it's working fine. Maybe there's something particular with EMM.

Anybody figure it out how to make it works ?

22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hmmm, I will definitely take a look into it. So you want to control the UI with keyboard/gamepad using Rewired extension. right?

23. f1chris

f1chris

if you can help just to set it up for the keyboard that would be great. I'm familiar enough with the Rewired tool to after set my mouse, joysticks etc....

thx for your help

24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hi,
    Unfortunately I don't own Rewired, I will buy it soon and will let you know the solution! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

25. f1chris

f1chris

Thx. that’s cool you’ll be looking at it. Rewired is THE solution to me. Once you’re setup with it, it doesn’t matter if you’re publishing for Windows, Mac, IOS touch screen, IOS MFI controller, Android, joystick, gamepads keyboards. You can easily map it the way you want.

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  26. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi brothers,

I have an Awesome News :
    I am working on Major update mainly focusing on Custom Inspector which will improve the production rate immensely.
    Hence,
    Prices will be Increasing with Next Update!
    But as per my promise, the Update will be FREE for those who have already bought! Yay! :)

magique and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  27. supneo

supneo

Hi , is posible to use in menu options xbox 360 pad and keyboard at same time?

If so, how? Thank you

28. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, as far as I have tested, I have used keyboard and xbox360 and it worked fine. :)

29. supneo

supneo

Hi, I'm looking at modifying the options to put the control of xbox 360 in Eventsystem, it works without problems but when entering the graphic options and back the menu shows no problems but the command of xbox 360 is still moving through the graphic options not the menu that is showing and so it happens in almost all options, works perfectly with keyboard and mouse. I use the version of unity3d 2017.3.1p1 Any solution? Thank you.

30. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

These Unity 2017 bugs are driving me nuts bro... :(
    I heard this first time, will definitely take a look at it and see what I can do to help you.

Thanks for your support and patience!
    Best
    Hamzah

31. guavaman

guavaman

As a followup to this for anyone who is interested, I have tested this and Rewired does work correctly as-is using the RewiredStandaloneInputModule when set up as per instructions No additional integration is required to make Rewired work with Easy Main Menu.

32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

That's great news bro! :)

guavaman likes this.
  33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  34. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Hi, I tried to install Invector shooter template and Easy Main Menu but I got this message :

Assets/EasyMainMenu/EMM Integrations/Invector Integration/Invector Integration/EndScreen.cs(44,51): error CS1061: Type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' does not contain a definition for `lockCamera' and no extension method `lockCamera' of type `Invector.CharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any idea ?

35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Invector often update there stuff so bro, just comment this line in code! :)

36. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Ok so i commented the code and there's no error anymore but there are some strange things :
    First, when i go to Invector Demo scene, there is a big lagging and my character move very slow, and when I go to Invector Demo 1 scene, the lag disapear but I lose my items in my inventory.

I use the last versions of Easy Main Menu and Invector Shooter template, with the last version of Unity, with nothing else installed in my project.

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This lag seems to be an Editor Bug. I have got similar issues earlier as well and they all ended up being a bug of Unity Editor itself. Best thing would be to build and test it on your PC and also restart the editor!
    In my latest Asset i.e MEGA PACK I loose all my lighting when I import it and as soon as I restart Unity everything works flawlessly! :)

38. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I restarted unity but there is still the same problem. I'm building for testing for now
    But I don't understand why items disapear from my inventory when i'm changing level....

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

That's really odd, I will see, maybe Invector guys have made some changes in their Inventory System.

Thanks a lot for your patience and massive thanks for your support! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

40. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I just built and tested the project, so the lag in the Invector Demo scene disappear but still the same problem with the inventory, and I have also a problem, when I enter the End trigger, I have no cursor so I can't click on buttons. The same problem appear on the Menu/Pause screen.

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

You must have hidden the cursor in the Invector's Controller. Re enable it to see in the Menu! :)

42. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Can you tell me which version of invector shooter template you are using please ? And which version of unity, because I paid 100 € for the two first assets of my project and that don't work. It would be great if I could start my project with something working correctly.

43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I am very sorry to hear that... To be honest, both Invector and Easy Main Menu requires a bit of efforts from the users as well.. It really depends on what and how you are using.

Anyways, I am using Unity 5.6.3 and Latest Invector Shooter.

All the very best for your project. Feel free to contact me in any trouble. :)

Best
    Hamzah
    WalledCityInfotech@gmail.com

44. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Ok so I'm downloading Unity 5.6.3 for now. Which asset must I install first, Easy Main Menu or Invector shooter template ?
    I know it's not easy to make it working depnding on the different versions of each product but I really need to start with a working project so I will try to use a working installation.

45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Follow this Workflow :

• Write down which Platform you are targeting first like PC, Mobile, PS4, etc.
    • Then write down all the features you want to have in game like game setting,level designs, ladder climbing, shooting enemies, enemy types, etc.
    • Then Import Invector Shooter.
    • Create a working Prototype with your own awesome character and enemies. (You can use Mixamo Fuse)
    • Now make sure everything is working as you want and make 3-4 backups of everything lol for just in case you know... :p
    • Now Import Easy Main Menu.
    • Watch this tut to get started with Invector Integration.
    • Create your whole game!
    • Throw a party for the whole Unity Community! :D

All the very Best for your project!

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

46. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

Thanks. And sorry for insistance.
    I followed what you said, so I installed Unity 5.6.3f1 and I installed only Invector shooter template 1.1.5
    Everything works well.
    I installed Easy Main Menu and opened Invector Demo scene from your asset.
    I also added all the necessary scenes in the build menu ( Loading screen, main menu, Invector Demo and Invector Demo 1.
    When I launch Loading screen, after the menu I come into Invector Demo Scene and then it lags very much. The same problem I had with another version of Unity.
    I go to the End trigger and then the cursor disappear ( the same problem than before, I haven't touch any configuration about the cursor ).
    I come into Invector Demo scene 1 and then the lags disappear but my inventory is empty and I lose my items ( the same problem I told you yesterday ) and if I go to end trigger my cursor disappear again, and then back to Demo scene who lags.....

I really would appreciate some help

47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

The cursor is disappearing from Invector's Template and I am looking for the bug related to Inventory items not showing. It was working before, Must have been a change in Inventory which is causing the issue

48. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Also, I suggest making a full game first. Most of the Easy Main Menu buyers are the ones who have their game already completed.
    Hearing your issues shows that you have just started the Unity.

49. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I allready created some games with unity before, and I tried to add Easy Main Menu with a more advanced project ( using invector ) but I had problems I mentionned, that's why I restart with an empty project again and again. The reason why I choosed your asset is because you told that it works with Invector shooter project and that's what i want first. if it doesn't work with only invector asset installed I don't think it will work better with more asset installed

50. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I deleted Invector shooter folder and installed invector shooter template 1.1.4 instead. Now the Demo scene doesn't lag and the cursor works great, but still the problem with the items disappering from the inventory when changing scene

unityunity