Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

If RFPS player object is tagged as "Player" the Easy Main Menu will work out of the box! :)

JamesArndt likes this.
  2. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

FAN-bloody-TASTIC!! :D

This looks great Hamzah. Would it be difficult to implement sub-menus for weapon selection? I have over 40 weapons that I would like to offer the player through the menu system. If there are only 10, I might as well just use the number keys.

Can the UFPS integration menu offer 5 or 6 icons and then offer a sub-menu showing each class of weapon along with a BACK button to return to the main menu? (ie: Melee, Pistols, Rifles, Explosives, "Specials", etc.)

One more question. Can it dynamically slice up and size the menu item containers or is it fixed at 10 slices?

Cheers an happy new year!
    Mark

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  3. wood333

wood333

I created a new project with only EMM, and I can access the pause menu with esc within Maze play. But when I replace Maze with my scene, the pause does not work. Any suggestions?

4. wood333

wood333

I went back to basics, and created a new project with only EMM. The pause works during Maze play.

However, when I replace Maze with my scene, my scene works fine, but the pause on Esc key does not work in my scene. Suggestions?

5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry for inconveniences, did you added Gameplay UI (alt+shift+G) and if you have do you get any errors in console while pressing escape key..?

6. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks a lot for your appreciation and that's not difficult to do, I will add it in upcoming updates (can't say any ETA) but just confirm me one thing, if we have more then 10 weapons, how are we gonna equip them?
    Are we equipping them like previous 10 i.e something.Try("SetWeapon11"); or something.Try("SetWeapon12"); etc
    that make sense right? lol :p

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

7. johny256

johny256

RFPS and main menu not working...erors

8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Can you please post the error and tell me when are these errors coming? While playing, while importing or while saving nd loading or somewhere else?

Best
    Hamzah

9. johny256

johny256

nullreferenceException:Object reference not set to an instance of an object...Main menuControler.playHoverClip() (at Asset/Easy main menu/scripts/main menu scripts/Main menucontroler

10. johny256

johny256

and OptionControler

11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hmm, you have to start from the loading screen, the EasyAudioUtility instance is missing, that's why this is occurring. Once you start game from loading screen, these errors will go and options controller will also work fine. :)

12. johny256

johny256

RPS+Main Menu=no suported main menu,some bug,,please integration

13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I will be Integrating EMM with RFPS in the next update!
    Thanks for your patience and support! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    WalledCityInfotech@gmail.com

14. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

:: Awesome Announcement ::
    Hi developers,
    I am so honored to announce that Finally
    TPCWC - Third Person Controller With Companion
    is released on the Asset Store! Yay!! :D

It will be really nice if you guys can have a look at it on the
    - Store Page
    - Forum Page
    and give your super valuable suggestions on how I can improve it. :)

My MASSIVE GRATITUDE to you guys if can
    support me in further development of this Asset by buying it from the
    Asset Store
    OR
    Sellfy Store

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  15. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

Yes, makes sense. That's exactly how I do it now with my mouse scroll wheel. I set up each weapon under each character's weapon camera as 1knife, 2pistol, ... 50sniper, etc. Basically at the moment, 1-20 are melee, 21-30 are pistols, 31-40 are rifles, 41-50 are special weapons (grenades, flame throwers, etc.), and 51+ are miscellaneous (food, backpacks, things that don't really get equipped). As I scroll up or down, if the weapon is available, it is switched. If not it switches to the next available one.

Mark

16. nomax5

nomax5

Your last 1 second video is misleading and introduces confusion, it does not work.
    The problem is you don’t start from an empty project you just delete some stuff out of the scene

If you actually did start from an empty scene you notice all the additional steps you have to do…

1 You have to import the FPS Script from standard assets
    why would you make a 3rd party FPS counter asset mandatory for your asset?
    why would you do that? what would you need and FPS counter for menus anyway?
    that is just added complexity for no good reason
    Never mind we are forced to have and FPS counter on our menu or start hacking code

2. EasyAudioUtility is not in the Hierarchy so you get errors and no music or sounds
    You have to manually find and add the prefab to the scene.

3. You never made it clear that we don’t need to install the 3rd party assets “Effects” anymore because well they just aint there anymore are they? you do reference your 101 video where you show us how to install the effects we don’t need to install anymore.

It may seem I’m being over critical but I figured it out and went to the trouble posting on your forum thread to help you and others.
    The next guy might just give up and give you a poor review and buy a different asset.

My Reccomendation would be
    1. Never link your asset to 3rd party assets not even Unity ones, they’ll change underneath you and bite you in the ass, so drop the FPS or make it an option that is off by default
    2. This is Bad comment, it takes up 3 lines !! and states the bleeding obvious

Code (CSharp):
    1. /// <summary>
    2. ///  Only sets the value
    3. /// </summary>
    This would be a better comment perhaps put where the option is set.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // Toggle the Hud on and off
    Anyways thanks for the Asset and don’t forget to K.I.S.S.

Cheers

Roy

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  17. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks Mark, I will be working on it soon. :)

18. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I really can't thank you enough for your time and feedback. I reaaaallly appreciate it :)
    I have copied your feedback in my notes and these will be the first thing I will be improving.
    Now regarding the fps script, I don't see why it's causing problem. If you don't want fps to show then just simply disable/remove the FPS Text component from the UI. :)
    I just added it so that developers can see the change in FPS when they tweak the values of Graphics Settings at runtime. :)
    But now I think I should remove it as well. People can see that in the stats tab as well.

Thanks again for your time and this priceless feedback! :)

Best
    Hamzah

19. nomax5

nomax5

Ahh I tried that and was getting null ref errors I probably did it wrong.

While I'm on the subject lol
    What would be really helpful is if you did a video something like “Making EMM your Own"
    Where you go through the whole process of changing the images and sounds for a completely different game.

Example:
    Make a transparent .png Logo about 300 – 400px White and you can change color and transparency
    Grab 4 to 5 1920px x 1080px screenshots for background images ( tip use picpick )
    Set the Texture Type to Sprite (2D UI) & wrap mode clamp All images

Logo goes in MainMenu / Main Menu / MainMenuCanvas / Logo
    and Logo goes is in Loadingscreen / LoadingScreenCanvas / LoadingScreen / Logo
    Background Image / BackgroundImage holds the main image

LoadingScreen / Loading Canvas / Loading Screen component holds the images in an array which might be hidden at the bottom (took me freakin ages to find them)

Mention LoadingScreen has to be called exactly “LoadingScreen” or it won’t work (Hardcoded)

I think that would really help people to use your asset for their own game.

Cheers

Roy

P.S.
    It would be nice to see what menu's people make with your asset

20. nomax5

nomax5

I'm obviously still working on mine and it is Very early days but this is what I have so far...

21. thenamesace

thenamesace

I am getting this error

Type `UIController' does not contain a definition for `usingUFPS' and no extension method `usingUFPS' of type `UIController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

any ideas?

22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I am very sorry for the inconveniences. Please check your messages, I have sent you the script with a quick fix! :)

Best
    Hamzah

thenamesace likes this.
  23. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This is by far the best use of EMM lol lol the ending made me rofl!! :p :p
    Awesome for my EMM showcase!! :D :p :p

24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmm.. This sounds nice, I will infact upload a free UI Sprites package just for the re-skinning of the EMM!
    Thanks for these wonderful suggestions! :)
    These will really take EMM on next Level! :D

Best
    Hamzah

25. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, awesome news once again!
    I have released a free version of EMM for anyone of you who are still thinking about buying it or not.
    It's just for you to try before buy...

Asset Store : http://u3d.as/1221

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Nateply likes this.
  26. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, hope you all are having an awesome day! :)

Just a short description about the Easy Main Menu #Free version :-

The #Free Version contains the FULLY Animated Main Menu but lacks the functionality like graphics, game, sound, control settings which are available in paid one.

It can be a Very Good base for anyone who is looking for just designs and he can easily build his own menu on top of it! :)

Also, guys, a humble request,
    It will be really nice of you if you can rate the Free Version whenever you download it coz it will help other developers discover it on the store!
    The free version can come really handy if you are looking for a kick-start to make your own menu! :)

Wish you all very best with your projects!

Looking forward to see what you guys can come up with! :)

Please support further development by buying my Assets :-
    Easy Main Menu | http://u3d.as/W3m
    Easy Main Menu #Free | http://u3d.as/1221
    TPCWC | http://u3d.as/10Mf

Thanks
    Hamzah

27. fernGuard

fernGuard

Hi There, I am really enjoying messing around with the assets, any updates on the joystick implementation?

28. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, Thanks for your support! :)

I believe as far as I know, EMM works with the 360 controller joystick ... :)

29. fernGuard

fernGuard

Thank you for making this great asset,

I would really appreciate some help, let me describe the problem as best as possible:

The issue is that when I am navigating through the various menus it does not seem like the menus clear after moving from one to another, and that means that when I move from button to button I can see the menus that I am not currently on been active on the Scene window, for example, if I go to Options>Graphics>Back to Options the Graphics panel is still active and I can not ever make it back to Start and it looks like this:

upload_2018-1-12_7-19-32.png

The Game window looks right just frozen, does that make sense?

thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Attached Files:

30. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Woa.. this image is a nightmare... are you using latest version and also does this problem occur if you use keyboard or only in controller?

31. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

You haven't been able to do that yet, have you?

32. fernGuard

fernGuard

I just tested it on a new clean project and the same issues are present with keyboard input only, on version 0.5f1

33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi is this the scene view right? coz in game view it looks fine but in scene view, they looks like what you have posted above...

34. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi Hermie, sorry for the delay, will be pushing inventory update this week :)

OfficialHermie likes this.
  35. fernGuard

fernGuard

Correct that is in Scene view, in game view, the menus look fine except the navigation is stuck on the other non visible screens

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  36. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hmm... that's odd, it's working fine here... I will seriously take a look into this and will try to post a hot fix asap.

Thanks for your support and patience! :)

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi Hermie, I am about to push the update with the login system (local only) and was thinking about adding a simple Inventory in this update as well.
    Can you please show me any references or tell me exactly what is the problem you are having when you try to add a separate Inventory System. I will keep these suggestions in mind while designing a very basic Inventory System!

Best
    Hamzah

38. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome News :

Easy Main Menu v0.5f2 [Local Login System]

Included awesome Login System! It Saves the User details obfuscated using JSON!

Please support your EMM for further development !

Asset Store - http://u3d.as/W3m
    Sellfy Store [20% OFF] - https://sellfy.com/p/5ujr/

Nateply likes this.
  39. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Hello! The asset has just downloaded. The save trigger does not work.

40. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry for Inconveniences caused. You have to press the Save Key (Right Alt by default) in the Save Game UI script while you are inside the Trigger.

See the attached image for better understanding! :)

Best
    Hamzah

save key.png

41. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Thanks for the help, figured out. But the death of such a problem. After the game is saved, the UI disappears (health bars and the inventory menu is not called up)

42. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmm that's odd, which version of Invector are you using?

43. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

version before the last update.

44. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks a lot bro, I will get back to you asap! :)

Arganth and sergey_spf like this.
  45. Arganth

Arganth

Got it to work with rfps :)
    is a bit of a hassle as rfps imports its project settings which stops easy main menu from working ^^

the only problem i have left is that
    (i copied the rfps main char into the maze scene)
    that when i press escape i see the menu but i dont have a mouse cursor to select anything ^^

any idea?

(if i start it with the additional rfps main menu on, switch to it with f2 i have a mouse cursor,
    but if i now select main menu it goes back normally but i have no visible mouse cursor in the main menu)

46. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

That's great news bro :)
    This is exactly the same problem which occurred in ufps.
    You have to find in the scripts where they are forcing the cursor to hide and just comment it or if there is a bool to hide cursor, just uncheck it. :)

Best
    Hamzah

Arganth likes this.
  47. jrackley

jrackley

@walledcityinfotech For some reason when I load into my scene I am getting the following running error....

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    vThirdPersonCamera.CameraMovement () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/Camera/vThirdPersonCamera.cs:467)
    vThirdPersonCamera.RotateCamera (Single x, Single y) (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/Camera/vThirdPersonCamera.cs:405)
    Invector.CharacterController.vThirdPersonInput.CameraInput () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vThirdPersonInput.cs:335)
    Invector.CharacterController.vThirdPersonInput.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Basic Locomotion/Scripts/CharacterController/vThirdPersonInput.cs:141)

Any Ideas on this? I know that it is saying the camera cannot be found basically, but it is there and set up properly. If I just play the scene without loading from the menu then it works fine, so the issue is somewhere in the middle.

48. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi @jrackley , good to see you here :)
    You can add a simple if statement to check do we have a camera or not before this error, somewhat like this :
    if(!camera)
    return;
    and of course 'camera' is the Invector's camera.
    Also make sure, the scene contains only 1 camera tagged as MainCamera. I think, Invector's script is trying to get a camera via findobjectwithtag and it's getting some other camera instead of the vthirdperson camera.

49. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome News bros :-
    Free version of Third Person Controller with Companion is live...!!!!
    You are requested that you must check that out as well as it's free and it contains tons of features..

Asset Store Link : http://u3d.as/13BA

Please support us by buying the Full version with ultra awesome features from here :

Asset Store : http://u3d.as/10MF
    Sellfy Store [20% OFF] : https://sellfy.com/p/tTR8/

Screenshot_2018-01-29-23-38-33-575_com.android.chrome.png

50. jrackley

jrackley

@walledcityinfotech Glad to be back using your menu again, however there seems to be some issues with saving and the Invector integration.
    The Inventory does not save and load from scene to scene. To replicate I load into the Invector Demo pick up 1 or more weapons and then go to the end scene trigger. The next scene Invector Demo 1 loads just fine, however the Inventory is completely blank.
    Could you check into this, because saving is pointless if it does not carry across scenes! I know you usually can fix issues fast!