Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Squiwwer

Squiwwer

I have the same question as @nadjastaedt. What do you mean "very next scene"?

2. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry for not being descriptive enough.
    I meant that since your inventory is DontDestroyOnLoad , thus put it in the next scene i.e inside build settings 0 should be loading screen, 1 should be Main Menu, 2 will be any of your gameplay scene, hence, put your inventory in the gameplay scene like you were using it before.

3. Squiwwer

Squiwwer

My problem is that my current approach is horrible. Before I saw your asset I tried to do it myself. Now I see that you have a good organization. I would like to learn from you. Can you add such an inventory scene in your asset by default so that people can learn where to put it and don't have to ask here? The inventory scene should not be visible of course. People should just know where they can put it. I'm confused when you say "Put it instead of the gameplay scene". I think that would ruin the setup. Perhaps you can do it properly in your asset so that people can see a good way of doing it?

acaroppos likes this.
  4. acaroppos

acaroppos

Yes!
    Please include a template screen for inventory in your product!
    Then we know how everything fits together.

OfficialHermie likes this.
  5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

ya sure, after the Easy Save Integration, I will definitely include a sample inventory scene / prefab so that you guys can play along with it ! :)

6. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Thanks from me as well for inventory screen!!
    Your product is really a top notch asset.

7. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

It's because I have users like you guys :)

JamesArndt and OfficialHermie like this.
  8. claudius_I

claudius_I

i have this problem when the resolution is changed.

Attached Files:

9. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

atleast your resolution change is working in editor lol :p
    as far as I have read on other forums and answers, the res change only works in build :)

10. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I talked about this delay, and I posted it as a bug report for Unity.
    Unity replied:

(Case 966031) Delay at LoadSceneAsync

Thanks for reporting the issue. Editor does more work(i.e. merging prefabs), than already built scene, so it is expected behaviour.

So it's not a bug in EasyMenu, it's simply expected behaviour in Unity in the Editor.
    :)

11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

You are surely making our small EMM community great with your awesome efforts!
    Thanks a lot mate! :)

JamesArndt likes this.
  12. claudius_I

claudius_I

13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

The resolution btn as you click changes the texture quality lol please check the onClick() event and make sure it is set to change resolution event!

14. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I guess your asset will be a big seller soon. Everybody needs it, and the current solutions aren't good.
    Yours is fantastic.

Really. At first I thought "Nice work", then I looked at the many items involved in the menu, and I realized that it's very huge under the hood.
    There are so many items involved.

Then I tried to find any flaws in the code or in the hierarchy structure, and I was really impressed.
    I think good assets can quickly be estimated by hierarchy structure. :)
    But that's only my personal opinion. :-D
    And the honest version numbering! That means that the author has many years of experience with programming and is a very "clean" programmer.

And the asset is soooo maintainable. I never got to a point where I couldn't quickly change something.

One of my best purchases ever.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    walledcityinfotech likes this.
  15. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thank you for such an amazing compliment. It means a lot to me! :)
    I will be updating and improving this asset as much and as fast as I can !

Thanks a lot everyone for their support and trusting me on this one! :)

MikeyMikeGameDev likes this.
  16. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Hello! Your asset is one of my best purchases. Everything is simple and accessible. I have such a question about integration into the invector. Will your asset be finalized when inventory is saved at the end of the scene and loading a new scene?

17. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi there, thanks for the purchase and nice words bro!

You can watch this video for ultra easy integration, in fact now the package contains 2 extra demo scenes to get you started in no time :)

and after watching this please have a look at this as well :

Please feel free to contact me if you get any confusions!
    Best
    Hamzah

JamesArndt likes this.
  18. johny256

johny256

Integration Ultimate Survival pleas

19. magique

magique

Such integrations really aren't possible. I'm not saying you can't make the 2 assets work together, but an integration is more of a plug-n-play sort of thing where you just import some components and they magically work together. That's not going to happen here. You'll need to rip out Ultimate Survival code and systems and replace with EMM. It's not something the EMM developer can or should do. Now, if both the EMM developer and Ultimate Survival developer got together and re-worked both their code bases to accommodate each other then it would be possible. But just why? This is the game developer's job.

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

i really want to integrate EMM with all the awesome assets but it's just not possible :( and I can't explain it better then @magique .

21. lancer4200

lancer4200

Hello I purchased this asset last night it looks great. I'm having an issue though i set it up like the tutorial video says. and when i get past the loading screen fine. When i try to click any buttons they dont work. the animation plays but clicking does nothing.

22. Bloody_Alice

Bloody_Alice

Could you tell me how to make the logo (Assault with the 2 guns) centered horizontally?
    I played around with the numeric values, but perhaps that's the wrong way.
    Could you suggest how to make the logo centered horizontally, even if the logo size has been changed?
    logo1.jpg

23. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Usually, it's ME who for whom something doesn't work (I seem to crash ANY asset), but with this asset everything worked fine. Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "Clicking doesn't work"? And did you try it in a clean project?

24. lancer4200

lancer4200

Yes it's in a clean project. And when I click play it doesn't switch over to the new game. I can't open the options.

25. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Did you include the scene in the build?

menu1.jpg

Do you mean when you click the "GT5" Level icon?

I just tried it again with the current version (Easy Menu 04.a) and a clean project.
    I'm using Unity 2017.2.0f3.

I loaded each scene in the order which I'd shown in the screenshot and I added it to the build.
    Finally I built the build, an exe was created.

Then I loaded / switched to scene "LoadingScene" again and pressed Play.

Worked fine. I was able to run the game and get to the level.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  26. magique

magique

I would highly recommend that you invest some time in Unity training. Here is a great resource for all the UI features and how to create and modify them

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/s/user-interface-ui

27. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

The answer is non-trivial because the logo is placed on the MainScreenPanel (which itself isn't centered) so top-center alignment won't work as you'd want it to.
    Perhaps you can move the logo one level up or so?
    But apart from that, sorry, I also don't know.

28. wiseman_2

wiseman_2

Actually thees errors are from a conflict due to your scripts not using namespace.... I haven't checked ice's scripts yet, but I also have Ice, and as soon as I imported your asset, I also got thees. You both are using some of the same names for classes or functions.....
    not sure, but there is a decent chance this will happen with other assets, if you don't go back through and use namespaces...

I would appreciate if you could do that, so I could see if your product will actually work well in mine....
    I started to go through your scripts and add namespaces to them, but thought since i noticed that it might benefit more than just me, it might be something you might want to take care of.
    jmho

29. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ya thanks man, in the next update I have already included all the editor scripts in my own namespace. Hope there won't be any problem in future!
    Thanks for your help. :)

wood333 likes this.
  30. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks for your purchase!

Just like @magique, I also highly recommend you to see these tutorials for an awesome kick start and just in no time you will be able to manipulate the Easy Main Menu.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/s/user-interface-ui

31. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Not sure if you fixed it already, here's what walled means:
    easymenu resolution1.jpg

Perhaps walled can fix this in the update.

32. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi everyone, I have just pushed this new Update on the Asset Store which will be available in 2-3 days however if you have bought the EMM from the Sellfy Store, you would have got the download link via email probably now :)

In this Update you have been given the power to create any UI screen in less then 1 second!

- Alt + Shift + L for Loading Screen
    - Alt + Shift + M for Main Menu
    - Alt + Shift + G for Gameplay UI
    - Alt + Shift + T for Save Game Trigger

Also, almost every script is now documented in the Inspector! Say no to going back to Documentation for any problem while using EMM!

See it to believe it ;)

--------------------------------------------

Buy now at
    Sellfy Store (20% OFF) : https://sellfy.com/p/5ujr/
    Asset Store : http://u3d.as/W3m

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      254.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      677.2 KB
      Views:
  34. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

FIXED in v0.5a!

OfficialHermie and UnleadedGames like this.
  35. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

@walledcityinfotech Could you tell us if you'll add a HUD or publish another asset for this?
    I would feel so good if it was done by you, you have such experience and style.

36. ACGMProductions

ACGMProductions

+1 for HUD
    Perhaps it's easy for him.
    All in one asset would be great.
    Later we want an inventory as well. :-D

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I will definitely add a HUD :) thanks btw :p

38. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I will add it definitely. :)

I will add a custom FPS controller as well with basic HUD and Inventory!
    If my designer friend will help me I will add a few melee and shooter weapons to it as well. So it will become an awesome template for you to prototype stuff..

Hmmm that sounds nice to me :D

Edit : Forgot to mention, that update will of course be FREE as promised :) :)

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

In the next update I will be adding an awesome Sign In and Sign Up functionality which will be using php and mySQL database. :)

Best
    Hamzah

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  40. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

41. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

There is a serious performance regression in using Unity's built in UI since version 2017.2. This is not occurring in 2017.1 so you might want to roll back to that version. If not, your giving quite a bit of frame time over to a UI memory leak.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/uni...-issue-on-canvas-updates.501295/#post-3295603

42. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

:( I didn't knew these issues are coz of 2017.2
    Thanks for the heads up, :)

43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I few months ago I shifted to NGUI coz of performance issues only and at that time my game's UI was almost done. And it was pretty complex. It had weapon,armor,clothing all with upto 3 level upgrades and character customization wizard etc lol. :p
    But it turns out that I just had to redesign the whole UI in NGUI and luckily inside the scripts I just had to add the 'UI' in front of all the Unity UI's data types.
    For example :
    Image playerIcon;
    to
    UIImage playerIcon;

And Text to UILabel.

It's not that too much but it will take at least a full weekend.
    Hope I did make some sense :p

Best
    Hamzah

JamesArndt likes this.
  44. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah if you have customers experiencing performance slow downs in the newer versions of Unity it's most like the UI bug and not your system.

45. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

No you made complete sense. From my experience that is pretty much the only coding difference with NGUI (most likely because the NGUI guy was hired by Unity to make Unity's new UI system). I feel pretty confident I might be able to make these changes code side and support NGUI using your system. I do know that NGUI uses a different "panel" system so I will have to create my own UI in it (luckily I haven't set up the UI elements in scene yet). It also relies on it's own tweening system vs. using Unity animation files for a lot of stuff. I think I can tackle this. Your system is just too good of a base to start with, to pass up on.

46. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

That's awesome.
    Currently I am working on easy save 2 integration and by that I mean everywhere I am saving data using playerprefs or whatever, I will be adding an additional block of code of easy save. And once my login system is ready with my own php and SQL, I will make that with easy save as well. And after that I will port the whole UI to NGUI :)

47. ACGMProductions

ACGMProductions

Where will the HUD fit in? Will it be a quick update or require more work?

48. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I will be adding a quick HUD in the Maze Scene (health slider and player icon) as of now. But once the FPS controller is done I will be adding a dedicated HUD and an inventory for managing weapons.

49. Testeria

Testeria

I bought the asset, it works nice but can't find "re-skinnig" part of the documentation mentioned in the pdf. :)

Also standard "pause/options/quit" level menu would be great addition for the kind of games that do not use savepoints (it should save on quit - maybe one save for each level or one for each player - so it needs some hooks for player/scene/level).

Rewired integration would be really nice, waiting for it!

Thanks for best support,

50. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks for your support! :)

Re-skinning is totally up to you! Just swap out the images, animations,font etc and the whole menu will be looking upside down and unique ;)

The save system you have requested is really easy, just call the same save method at level change which is saving now at triggers. And you are good to go!
    You can also extend that method to suit your project needs! :)

Best
    Hamzah

JamesArndt likes this.