Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks a lot for your purchase! :)
    If in future I will have a chance of ice creature control I will definitely take a look into these errors but all of these errors are from ice creature control and none of them are from EMM. Please see if you have Imported every thing correctly.

Best
    Hamzah

2. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks for your purchase :)
    The fading nd loading workflow is this :
    Main menu > fader > loading screen > fader > your level.
    The loading screen comes after the fading.
    If you want to change the fading duration just select the fader and into it's animator set the duration of the animation to whatever suits you best! ;)

3. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

Hi again and thanks! I was able to fix the problem. Both EMM and ICE use the public class EditorTools. I just simply renamed the public class EditorTools in the EMM EditorTools.cs script to EditorTools2 and viola! No more problem.

Sorry for bothering you for such a simple problem. :-S

Glock113 and walledcityinfotech like this.
  4. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This is really nice thing to know! :)
    Thanks for helping the community coz I know there will be many who are using ICC and they might use EMM as well, so your solution will help them a lot! :) :)

Best
    Hamzah

5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

:: Awesome Announcement ::

The Asset Store Sale is about to end in a few hours but...
    It's 20% OFF on Sellfy Store.
    So if you haven't bought EMM already you have a few hours left but still if you are reading this after the sale, you can go ahead and buy it at a cheaper price from the Sellfy Store!
    :)

Asset Store

----------------------------
    Sellfy Store

6. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I just wanted to point out something to everybody who might have the same problem:
    When the first screen is shown, you will notice that the logo is way too sharp:
    noantialias.png
    It doesn't have smooth edges.
    I think that is caused by the fact that there is no background image that Unity could blend the alpha with, so it will make the alpha opaque, and that's why it looks so bad.
    @walledcityinfotech Am I right?
    If that is the case, is there a way to define a backgroundimage for the LoadingScreen scene (people could use a black background image if they want to keep that scene black).
    In the "_LoadScreenCanvas" I see that I can define background images, but I think I can't do that for the LoadingScreen scene, right?

Regarding the slight delay: Don't you get that on your computer? In the screen right before the game starts.
    If anybody gets it as well, can they jump in here?

So far the asset seems to be done by somebody who is very experienced and has great style. Thank you.

7. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This vid might help I guess :

This means a lot to me. Thank you very much :)

8. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

No, this does not help at all.
    Both of my questions are still unanswered.
    Should I re-rewrite my questions for better understanding?

9. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I have uploaded a video here, please watch it in HD and full screen to see the details:

1) In the beginning I show you the sharp edges. These edges go away when the fading starts. Also, the sharp edges are not visible in the very end of the video where the same screen is shown again. Is this a bug?

2) at 0:46, you can see the delay that occurs.
    Why does this delay happen?
    It also happens with your image.

10. claudius_I

claudius_I

Problem

I Fixed this problem changing the Loading Scene.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    walledcityinfotech likes this.
  11. mattis89

mattis89

Nope.. didnt see any delay... take a look at quality settings for the "sharp edges" or texture resolution if any.,

12. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Hi two pre-purchase questions:

1. I saw someone had problems integrating it with Ice Creature Control. Have they been tested together? Or can anyone else confirm that they work together on Unity 2017.2?
    2. Does it work on Android, or only PC?

Cheers

13. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

1) Take a look at the video in HD and full size. There is a delay of 200-300 ms right after clicking the GT5 button at ~0:47 during the next fade-in. Come on, please, it's clearly visible.
    2) The sharp edges aren't a general problem, the problem occurs only if no background image is assigned, I think. I think I explained that well in one of my earlier posts.

14. ApexofReality

ApexofReality

Is this compatible with RFPS, any racing kits, or platformer kits

15. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi thanks for your consideration :)

1. Yes the guy who said there were a few errors in the next post posted the solution as well ;)
    The editor file of emm is name as editorTools, you just have to rename it so that ot won't clash with the editorTools file of ice creature controls :)

2. My apologies, it does work with touch devices, I would have mentioned this in the description of the Asset. Thanks for asking this question :)

Best
    Hamzah

jonfinlay likes this.
  16. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I don't know why it shouldn't be although I haven't tested it.. if anyone here has tested it should confirm, then it would be really helpful :)
    You just have to write your scene name in the new game scene field or if you will be using level selection system then in level select script. That's it :)

17. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks for taking your time and making a video.
    There are 2 things I would suggest :

1. Never ever in your entire life work with Free Aspect. Always make your own aspect ratio 1280x720 for landscape and 720x1280 for portrait.

2. Please see that texture quality and other quality settings in the options menu are fine as suggested above by @mattis89

18. tiggus

tiggus

What will be the best way to update this asset? If I use the existing prefabs I assume they will lose all my changes whenever an update is applied.

19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi thanks for your purchase!
    Just make a backup but as far as I have tested the prefabs/scene objects don't lose there values. :)

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  21. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi brothers,
    In the next update of Easy Main Menu v0.5, say NO to dragging and dropping prefabs lol :p

Just with the help of an Editor Extension Script that I have wrote, you can now Add all the required prefabs / objects in your scene by just 2 Clicks!!

Please see the video below where I will create all the demo scene, each with just 2 Clicks LITERALLY!! :) :)

Thanks everyone for your support!
    After this update I will be working on Easy Save integration!

Best
    Hamzah

22. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

1) What are you referring to? Video size? Game window size? Image size?
    The delay problem still is unsolved for me. Please confirm that you see that delay. Or anybody else.

2) I'm referring to YOUR logo "Assault of Doom" with the 2 guns. In my video you can see that it's too sharp at some point of time.

If anybody sees what I see, please jump in here because right now I feel I'm talking to walls.

23. JimVoss

JimVoss

@hermie I don't own the asset but watching your video I can see what you mean. AA missing at some points and fade in stuck at some point.

24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry for not being detailed enough last time, by Free Aspect I meant that in the game window please set a fixed resolution or aspect ratio otherwise you will never be able to create a constant screen size UI. It will change from screen to screen lol
    And regarding that logo which is losing anti alias, I don't remember exactly but I think maybe the logo image is compressed and moreover it's just a place holder for you to put your awesome game's logo. Please replace it with some text or another logo of yours which is high res and then see if problem persists (tbh I didn't spotted any thing like that and no one has mentioned it as well)

Best
    Hamzah

25. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmm the fading stucks for a few ms maybe because Unity loads the scene and this causes a few ms load on cpu, m not sure enough m just guessing....

26. tiggus

tiggus

Ah good to know about the prefabs, thanks. I really like how neatly you've packaged this up. The reason I ask about updating is there are certain scripts like MainMenuController where I think most users are going to need to customize them with some of their own options, and that script would get replaced. For instance I have a multiplayer option and a campaign option on my mainmenu screen instead of Start.

I just made a copy of the scripts I am modifying and then when a update comes along I will have to see what the diffs are and copy them over.

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome man.... This is exactly what I want everyone to do with EMM... Take it as a base and build their own menus on top of it!
    Would love to see how it turns out, all the best for your project! :)

tiggus likes this.
  28. JimVoss

JimVoss

But if a scene loading takes very long, is the delay getting longer? Wouldn't it be a good idea to first complete the fade in and then do the level loading? Your product looks very good but with a delay I wouldn't buy it.

OfficialHermie likes this.
  29. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

I re-imported everything.
    Now all screens are filled with background images, so the antialiasing problem is gone.
    Not sure what went wrong in the first place.

However, the delay problem is still unsolved.
    @walledcityinfotech Are you going to solve that with the next update?

30. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi,
    sorry man, there's no delay happening here in my laptop and i have asked other buyers as well... they are also not having anything like that... you can even see the latest v0.5 vid which I have posted above, in that as well there's no delay... try running it in Full Screen. Maye it's happening in Editor, also try making a Build
    My system Config btw is i3 4th gen and NVIDIA Geforce 820M, 4GB RAM, win 7. (don't make fun of me I know it very old :p)

This is exactly what I am doing, scene is loading only after the fader's alpha has completely went from 0-1 :)

31. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Thanks, it only happens in the editor. I've filed a bug report for Unity, maybe they'll spot something. I think that's not the correct behaviour of the Editor.

So to sum it up: Everything works perfectly fine. Super asset! Thank you very much!!

32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Awesome!! :)
    Thanks for the nice words! :)

33. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Hi!

as pre-annunced before, I just bought the EMM... but I'm facing some strange problem (for sure because I missed something in the configuration).

In the demo scene "Main Menu" the mouse click is triggered so that the "openStartGameOptions()" and "openOptions()" methods are executed properly, but the animations seem doing nothing.

So the correct menu panels are enabled and disabled properly, but the animations do not move them. I checked the Main Menu animator and everything seems ok, because the called animations seem playing, but actually the panels do not move... what am I doing wrongly?

Can you support me on this, please?
    Thank you in advance,
    Emanuele

34. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

This freaked me as well while developing, and unfortunately this is a known Unity Bug... :(
    Please restart Unity, or try making a Build and see if that's working properly. If nothing solves, then please reimport the package!

Best
    Hamzah

Thoronnim_Crystalia likes this.
  35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, just a reminder to everyone :
    If you haven't bought Easy Main Menu already and are planning to buy it, the Unity Sale has been ended but it's still 20% OFF on Sellfy Store!!!

You can buy EMM from there at a much lower price.

Sellfy Store : https://sellfy.com/p/5ujr/

Best
    Hamzah

36. nadjastaedt

nadjastaedt

I know it's not REALLY your job, but could you give me a hint about where to put a menu? I'm using this great inventory system:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/release-b7-0-inventory-and-weapon-modding-icwm.461220/page-3

I think it would require a persistant screen somewhere.
    Could you give me an advice where to put an inventory to?
    If not related to this inventory, then perhaps in general?

Do you think you could PERHAPS add a very simply inventory template to your solution?
    Then it would be the ultimate solution, really.

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ya of course, that's a really awesome Idea :)
    But I can't promise any ETA on that coz right now my prime focus is on Easy Save integration. :)

Sorry, I actually don't get it what you are asking? The main menu scene would be the very first scene and the inventory UI can be placed in your gameplay scene, you can even go ahead and make a button in the EMM's pause menu with which you can open this inventory UI. :)
    I Hope I've cleared some doubt.

38. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi
    there is a error in graphics section
    when clicked in resolution change the texture quality

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, a few posts ago also I mentioned that the resolution change settings only work in Build.
    Sorry for not mentioning this in documentation.

JamesArndt likes this.
  40. claudius_I

claudius_I

this also happened in build.
    if you look in the inspector (resolution) on click called the method gfx Texture Quality().

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Sorry, I don't get it, can you please post the console log here about the error which is occurring when you click the texture quality button.

42. nadjastaedt

nadjastaedt

When you have an inventory in your game, and you have 30 scenes, you don't want to make the same inventory 30 times. I always put my inventory into the first scene and then I say ".DontDestroyOnLoad()". This keeps this inventory permanent. When I use your menu, the first scene is already occupied with your menu.
    Thank you for mentioning that!

I was asking for an inventory template in your asset because I wanted to know where the inventory should be put when the first scene is already occupied.

That would be a big help.

43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

ohh i see... you just simply place it in the main menu scene i.e the very first scene and in the main menu script's Awake() method check if this scene contains inventory, if it does, then set inventory active(false) else if it's other then main menu scene i.e you gameplay scene then it won't be getting disabled/

In this way the inventory will be permanent and also whenevr a player starts a game via main menu, the inventory will be disabled in the main menu scene and in other scenes it will be with default settings.

I Hope this helps. :)

Best
    Hamzah

44. nadjastaedt

nadjastaedt

Thanks.
    So there is no way to keep the inventory separate from the menu, right?
    That would be my dream solution.

45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

M glad this helped :)

46. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Hi, I bought EMM and it's a great asset. It would be nice to have an option for the background music to play this only in the main menu scene or in all scenes. It would be nice if you could implement Unity's level of quality settings in the options menu.

Regards
    Marko

47. nadjastaedt

nadjastaedt

No, this didn't help yet.
    Can you tell me how to include my inventory but making it separate?
    I don't want to mix my inventory into your menu scene.

48. nadjastaedt

nadjastaedt

My suggestion is:

Can you include a scene where people can put their inventory?
    You can leave this scene empty or make something very simple.
    Then people can see where they should put their inventory when they use your great system.

49. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Just place it in the very next scene.

Squiwwer likes this.
  50. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks for your support!
    And m working on it ;)

Bartolomeus755 likes this.