Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Good day! Will there be support for the save of INVECTOR?

2. Ullukai

Ullukai

Has anyone used the free version of this easy main menu yet ? im trying to make a PC build with no success for the last couple hours. It just wont make the build. I guess the free version blocks any PC builds from being made ? btw im using unity 2018.3.5

JamesArndt likes this.
  3. motatob

motatob

Hi, Could I get your help? I recently purchase your Asset EMM, Everything seems to work however the Save point from the Invector integration Does nothing when I pass through it. I was expecting a dialog to pop up with buttons to save as I see in your video tutorials. I appreciate your help and Thank you for an awesome asset....

JamesArndt likes this.
  4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I was expecting this as well. I had to do some digging because it was not obviously exposed (at least to me) how you get the save point UI to pop up. I found out it's by pushing the right alt key when in the save trigger.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  5. marco-maceratesi

marco-maceratesi

Hello,

Unity 2019.1.3f1 on Windows 10

I go to the problem: the prefab Gameplay UI has a problem with the setting of the default object, in the specific case the Resume button, causing the inability to navigate the various items in the Pause menu with any controller.
    Both the Xbox 360 controller and the PS4 controller (except for the latter that has the top pad that allows you to move the cursor)

I've made a little video attached.

How can i solve the problem?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

6. digiross

digiross

7. marco-maceratesi

marco-maceratesi

Ok thanks man for the info...

For anyone who has encountered my problem, I simply solved by adding the button.Select() method call to the onPause event of the UIController component.

Simpler than expected!
    ;)

upload_2019-5-23_16-23-36.png

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    JamesArndt likes this.
  8. bholland

bholland

Good Afternoon, First of all, great product, I've been integrating it and using it with both Dialog Manager and UFPS. I am having an issue figuring out how to move from level to level. My main menu works, I'm able to select the level I want to go to and it takes me though the loading screen. I can save and I can load back to my save. What I need to be able to do next is move level to level, so when I enter a trigger, it automatically loads the next level through the loading screen. I'm sure It's possible, but for the life of me I can't see the forest through the trees. Any help would be appreciate!
    Thanks!

9. magique

magique

This video should help.

JamesArndt likes this.
  10. magique

magique

@bholland Also, you'll want to use the ScenePortalEMM component for triggering a level change.

11. bholland

bholland

@magique Thanks for the reply! I have everything from the video working and I have found the ScenePortal component, I can't find a ScenePortalEMM component though. It does move me to the next scene, however, it does not use transitions and just puts me in the next scene.

12. magique

magique

Ahh, right. He never included that script in the package. It is a download from the forums. I'll see if I can find it.

13. bholland

bholland

ohh, you mean from dialogue manager. I went over and found it. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, you have been a huge help today. I'll give this a try. Fingers crossed.

14. magique

magique

Yep, it was posted there.

[EDIT]
    There were also some instructions on how to make it work because I think there was a change necessary in an EMM script as well.

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks, @magique!

@bholland - This post has the instructions. It also has the latest integration packages for now, but if you bookmark any page it should be the Dialogue System Extras page. Updates to the packages will go there before they are incorporated into future versions of the Dialogue System.

16. SLThompson

SLThompson

Is the dev ever going to update and fix the asset?

17. PeppersGamer

PeppersGamer

So I’m making an endless runner where you can choose your car. I was looking at the character select with EMM and it almost works for me. It would be great if I could have a preview of the car in the character select with just a simple animation and then when the game plays have it swap with the real prefab of the player. Right now my character just starts the driving in the character select window lol. My idea would be have a prefab swap at runtime

18. PeppersGamer

PeppersGamer

Actually it seems that the Character select does not seem to be working in 2019.1.6. I also tried a fresh install in a new project and it does not work. The first character “Robot” is the only one that selects. The others just show but when you hit select and then go back it still has the Robot as the character.

JamesArndt likes this.
  19. kain_vinosec

kain_vinosec

I'm having the same issue @PeppersGamer. I found an email for WCI and sent over an email about the issue. I will post here if I hear back. I'm also not sure how character select would work with loading a character into a scene? I'm guessing character select is just meant to be an example, but I'm hopeful it can go just a bit further and become truly useful for "select a character and load them into a scene" kind of situations.

20. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

Hey
    I have been using EMM for a while now and I have issues with the loading screen
    It doesn’t show the the loading icon it just moves to “click to continue” I don’t know if it’s from the fading transitions Mehn!!! It’s driving me crazy... help anyone

21. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

@AndrewAssetStore This author has not been seen in month and month. I would guess that ALL his assets are abandoned-ware.

22. flintcheeze

flintcheeze

Well i figured a work around
    Its a unity bug
    Now i am stuck at building with gradlr for google play
    Because of that i can't lunch my game
    Any advice what unity verson,sdk n ndk i need to download

23. mukki014

mukki014

How to use easy main menu with canvas setting from mobile lighting box. Thank you.

24. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Using Unity LWRP, the background image in Main Menu (Old) doesn't render for me.
    With HDRP, it works.
    I have filed a bug report at Unity.
    I guess it's Unity's fault.

25. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

This menu system is abandoned ware.

JamesArndt likes this.
  26. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

There is a problem with camera stacking in URP. It's not implemented yet. That's why there are problems with Easy Main Menu with URP. Currently, I only works with workarounds.

But I can confirm that the author doesn't respond anymore.

But anyways, his asset works fine, even without his support.

27. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

To use Easy Main Menu with URP, one has to use URP package 7.2.
    Then select "Background Image" in the hierarchy and set "Render Type" to "Base".
    Then select "Main Menu" in the hierarchy and set "Render Type" to "Overlay".
    Now click "Background Image" again and scroll down to section "Stack", click "+" and add "Main Menu".

28. hoschi3d

hoschi3d

Hi,
    I have a problem. As soon as I press play, all I get is a black picture. In the game window it looks normal, but as soon as I press play, there is only a black picture.

Unity 2018.2.9f1

Team_Resurrection likes this.
  29. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Does anyone have any information on integrating this into Unity 2019.3.0f5 or one of the new versions? I'm running it without errors but the Settings aren't responding (Brightness, Contrast, Resolution, etc.). It seems like EMM and the Canvas/Camera aren't communicating at all.
    Also: are there any videos/documents that go into Input Controls more? I'd like to know a bit more about that, in particular "Interact" as that would have to communicate with EMM also for picking up keys, opening doors, etc.
    Thanks in advance

30. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Is this asset supported anymore? Does it work in the 2019.4 LTS? I'm seeing reviews for this version that say it does not work and has a bunch of compiler errors?

31. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Nope. He hasn't been here for awhile. Unity will take the asset down if you let them know.

JamesArndt likes this.
  32. nanditho

nanditho

Morning all.
    Great asset, but i have tried to implement lock system of level in MainMenu (New Folder).

Because it seems too bad if you give old main menu ability to lock system while the new main menu has no ability.

So I stuck in figuring out how to implement lock system to main menu (new folder).

Can you elaborate all. Thanks

33. abhaysingh86

abhaysingh86

thanks bro....:)

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

No. You guys need to deprecate it if you haven't already. I would assume this would be the case for the rest of his assets.

StevenPicard likes this.
  35. Polyland

Polyland

I think EMM still fine. It still the best asset of its kind on the store. Hope that the dev will come back.

36. muzashvilitsotne

muzashvilitsotne

hello so i set up easy main menu with invector after troubleshooting some code and now i have problem with pause menu.
    when i press esc pause menu shows up but mouse doesn't and bc of that i cant click buttons can someone help me with this?

37. mroyusa

mroyusa

Added more characters to selection section, run the game i hear them but dont see them, as anyone gotten the character selection to work.