Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

just make sure to make a backup before importing :) everything else will be fine!

AndyNeoman likes this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

3. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Awesome Tony! Get this integrated and that would be HUGE!

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  4. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Im waiting for character select screen in 1.1, that in itself will be HUGE. IN ITSELF! I wonder how if it will be flexible. Any should we be looking for update? If you dont mind me asking.

As far as a saving system, the only realistic way of doing it is the integration EasySave (latest). devs will have to do it themselves, because I menu system cant do such a thing, FORGET about it. There is no magic button in saving data, there isn't.

Invector controller doesnt destroy itself when loading new screen, I remember having to go into easy menu code to deleting some code that involve destroying the player and making a clone, which deletes inventory. Maybe there should be a option to disable this function in menu. Other then that like I said EasySave integration(latest). You need to learn just a little bit of coding, and stop thinking there is a magic button, when it comes to saving. It's not.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  5. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I will push the update by the end of this week, and let's see when will Unity will approve it this time :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: The previous update 1.0 took me 4 attempts to get pass the process of submission, every time I push, they rejected it. o_O

6. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

7. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

Thanks for heads up. If you dont mind me asking, ever thought about adding a "option" to use UI image/picture of character rather then 3d model, would it a more artistic look/retro look. Just an idea. If not it's cool, I can figure it out eventually, just throwing a idea out ya way.

8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

It is just a simple Game object field where I have assigned a game object which will be enabled when you select that character.
    Which means, that can be a car, image, house, and in this case it is a humanoid character. :)

digiross and Justin_Wingfall like this.
  9. magique

magique

You should seriously consider just using Pixel Crusher's RFPS Save System. It's top notch and super cheap.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/83057

10. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Yes, Tony is a great person, I will be working on the save integration shortly. Will keep you guys updated on every step :)

SickaGames1 likes this.
  11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

V1.1 is Undergoing final tests before release, here's the complete changelog :)

EMM v1.1
    - Completely New Main Menu
    - Better Editor Controls
    - Much Flexible to reskin
    - Added Integration with :
    > Dialogue System
    > Quest System
    > Love/Hate
    > Save System for RFPS
    > Save System for UFPS
    Please support the package so that I can update it much faster by buying it from
    Asset Store
    http://u3d.as/W3m

Sellfy Store
    https://sellfy.com/p/5ujr/

12. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Sounds awesome! Will you provide documentation for integration?

13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Well, it is just pretty out of the box integration, you just need to have EMM and any of the above mentioned assets and you are good to go. Just have to write

Code (CSharp):
    1. PIXELCRUSHERS_SAVESYSTEM
    in the Scripting Define Symbols and that's it.! ;)

AndyNeoman likes this.
  14. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, Finally EMM is now tightly integrated with RFPS, thanks to our real MVP Tony! :)

Here's an in depth vid

The EMM v1.1 update will pushed today and you can expect it to be approved this week only! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

The credit goes to Hamzah. I just provided information about how to tie the Save System into EMM. When EMM v1.1 goes live on the Asset Store, you'll be able to use it with any asset that uses the Pixel Crushers Save System, including the Dialogue System for Unity, Quest Machine, and Love/Hate, as well as the Save Systems for RFPS and UFPSv1.

16. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Awesome, I've just begun integrating QM and DS into my projects and Tony as been superbly helpful. They are great assets and integration with EasyMainMenu is a nice bonus.

walledcityinfotech and TonyLi like this.
  17. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, the awesome v1.1 is live and you should have got that the update notification! Hopefully you all will be able to create something huge with it.

Looking forward to playing with your games.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

18. TonyLi

TonyLi

My thanks again to Hamzah for adding Pixel Crushers Save System integration to Easy Main Menu. This post in the Dialogue System for Unity thread contains a video that shows how to set up the Dialogue System with Easy Main Menu.

19. magique

magique

Many thanks. I was going to use EMM for my game and I'm already using Dialogue System so this is a huge win for me.

20. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Now all we needs is Emerald AI to get its next two updates in :)

21. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

I tried the new version, amazing work especially on the game options menu. But, I miss the old level selector it was a great feature to see all "levels" at the same time. Is there an easy way to implement the old style of the level selector?

digiross likes this.
  22. magique

magique

I just tried the EMM/Dialogue System Save integration and it works great. Just what I need.

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, this is the reason why in the new menu system, all the Animations are publicly exposed in the Inspector itself, So all you have to do is just create your own ui, animate it amd set it up in the inspector :) with just a lil bit of coding you can create your own unique menu system which I highly encourage everyone to do, so that your games won't end up looking same :)

Bartolomeus755 and SickaGames1 like this.
  25. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Anyone having issues loading the LoadingScreen while in editor in 2018.2.13?
    It works great once i make a build, but in the editor the loading screen takes almost one minute to load !! Any ideas?

26. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

One more thing: I'm saving throw code in slots 1 to 5 on the Pixel Crushers Save System (Quest Machine) but I don't see the buttons active to load the game. Only works for me the slot 6.
    I have even check all the buttons with the "Quick save slot" but nothing happens.
    By the way, whats the difference between "Quick save slot" and the rest of the slots? Thanks
    (I want to use the slot 6 as my actual check point and slots 1 to 5 as backup or lates states)

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, please make sure you are setting everything up as shown here by Tony, the crrator of Quest Machine

https://www.pixelcrushers.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1734

28. GorkaChampion

GorkaChampion

Thanks, I`'m doing some changes to the GraphicsMenuController.cs (Including another button selector for QualitySettings.SetQualityLevel but the panel at the controller on the Game Object it doesn't refresh. I mean I don't see the new public variables I'm adding for the editor.
    I can see the new public function from the event button but it doesn't work neither, any ideas?

EDIT: SOLVED, there was other script for the editor :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  29. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

HELP HELP HELP

1. Invector TPC integrated (needs to be updated to the new Version, a lot of errors) i need this to finish my game.
    2. Manoeuvre FPS + uzAI - MEGA PACK ( can you add the select screen level lock that you have in easy main menu to this , )

i been working hard on my game and I'm at the end of two of my games but need these. please help thank you

GWStudio likes this.
  30. GWStudio

GWStudio

u r absolutely right the integration needs to be updated a lot of namespace errors and a lot bugs after fixing namespace

31. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello, please update your tutorial and documentation... Its all outdated :( I just purchased your asset and cant get anything working:(

32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hey, please send me the screenshot of the problem, and do you mean that errors are coming by can't get anything working.?
    Also, the latest version's tutorials are all there.. so please let me know the problem you are facing. It should be something really small. :)
    You can also contact me at walledcityinfotech@gmail.com

33. Suki-W

Suki-W

Ever thought about adding controller support so games can have full controller support instead of partial support? How about about adding integration with rewired? thx

f1chris likes this.
  34. magique

magique

@walledcityinfotech I am going to be using RFPS with EMM in a new game project and I watched the Save System integration and have a question. Is it possible to just save the game from anywhere instead of having to go to a Save Point?

35. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

Which version of the invector is compatible? I'm having some errors with the latest version

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    GWStudio likes this.
  36. TonyLi

TonyLi

It looks like if you copy the code that's in SaveGameTrigger.cs's OnTriggerStay(), with a little modification you can open the save menu anywhere. This would be a nice feature to have built into EMM.

37. magique

magique

Cool. I'll have to give that a try.

38. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

Is there any way to make the player spawn in the position that was saved?(Google Translate)

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Since you asked about spawning, I am assuming you know a bit about coding.

Make sure when you start the game, through your own script, spawn the player at its last saved position which can be accessed from save game script. And that's it :)

MarceloASG likes this.
  40. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

I'm having this error when I press the load button.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LoadSlotIdentifier.LoadSceneSaved () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/inGame Scripts/LoadGame Scripts/LoadSlotIdentifier.cs:167)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:165)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:36)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:45)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, what do you see if you double click the error..? It clearly shows that there is some sort of missing reference, did you edited the script by yourself?

42. MarceloASG

MarceloASG

fader.FadeIntoLevel("LoadingScreen");
    I have modified only those parts of the integration with the Invector

43. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

can you just send an updated and fix all these errors with the invector integration, ........ we paid money for this

Suki-W likes this.
  44. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, very sorry for the delay regarding Invector's integration.. Trust me, it will be better than ever and will be much rock solid! :)

GWStudio likes this.
  45. VENOMOUS09

VENOMOUS09

thank you :)

46. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Just imported the Icon Pack and my asset Easy Main Menu.

Everything is working beautifully and it does made my Asset look really nice hehe :)

Within 15 minutes, I was able to achieve this awesome main menu! Thought I should share this with the community :)

47. greene_tea92

greene_tea92

Hey, bought this kit awhile ago. Any way I'd be able to trigger the save window (make it pop up) by code? What line would I need to use, I would really appreciate your help, thanks!

48. mattis89

mattis89

This looks great! Is there possibility to have splitscreen, 2 characters standing in the mainmenu character selection?

49. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @walledcityinfotech, I hope you are well. I'm having an issue with the easyinpututility. I have added a couple of extra buttons and set them as normal. They are showing in the prefab and are set but when I run the game there are set to blank instead of the keys which are set in scene. I have button 6 set to left shift and it shows in scene but when I hit play although button 6 is there it is now set to none instead of left shift. I do I update this properly?

Thanks Andy

JamesArndt likes this.
  50. prawiramuhammad496

prawiramuhammad496

When Presskey Esc, How To Display The Cursor In The Pause Menu in "Easy Main Menu "?
    I Have Trouble