Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. SoontirF

SoontirF

Hi again,

I am waiting an answer for this :-(

What do you mean with "level items manager"?
    I can see that in the asset...

Do you mean "Level Select Manager" or "Level Select Item"?
    If not, where can i find the "level items manager" you are talking about?
    Which is the object i should assign in the inspector?

On the other hand, this list of the levels is managed in the MainMenu scene only, but what happens if i want to manage this from other scenes? (which I suppose its the most used option) Because i dont see DontDestroyOnLoad

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

And no upgrade...

3. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I don't see a point why you want to access the list from other scenes if you only want to lock and unlock the levels based on previous played level.

As I have said earlier in previous posts, just do that in the main menu scene only.

Pending approval from asset store.

4. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Ping. No update yet?...

5. magique

magique

He said the update is pending asset store approval. It was submitted a while ago and is taking a long time.

6. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How long does it take to get approval from the asset store?

7. magique

magique

It varies. Sometimes a day and sometimes more than 2 weeks. You never know.

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  8. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

New update v1.0 is Live on the Asset Store guys :)

Check it out here >> Easy Main Menu

Changelog v1.0
    - Added Async Loading Screen with real progress bar
    - Removed dependency of EasyAudioUtility (now just hit play in any scene and there will be no errors!)
    - Fixed minor bugs.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  9. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Is there a change log of the fixes and enhancements you did?

10. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

ver. 1.0 integration invector still not working.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  11. transat

transat

Is this the "whole Easy Main Menu from scratch" version or is that still due in the next couple of weeks?

SickaGames1 likes this.
  12. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Why are you always asking for an update, I mean, what is left in this Menu System.

Because Easy Main Menu contains everything you need to have in your game's menu, so, it makes me quite intrigued when somebody asks for an update without mentioning what he wants to have in an update (Quite Ironic)..!!??

As we have Loading screen with tons of settings, options menu, level select menu, pause menu, generic save and load, local login system which is using JSON, tons of video tuts, basically, all the games I have played, all the menus I have used, I can see nothing which is not in the Easy Main Menu.

I agree it was once hard to debug your game because easy audio utility always throws an error, but that has been taken care of.. Also, the loading screen was getting a lil bit lag if the scene which is to be loaded is extra huge, and that's also been fixed in this update.

A new Main Menu will definitely be arriving, but i just want to know what aspect of your game is stopped and is requiring me to update the Easy Main Menu? Asking just for the feedback, which is very crucial for me so that I can focus on that exact thing which is stopping my brother from making a game! :)

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

13. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

It is no longer that easy my bro, they have changed the WHOLE TEMPLATE! I have to dig deep again to make it work back again, sorry can't say any ETA for that.

14. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

It is a pity that there will be no support for integration. It was one of the best assets for the inveсtor...

15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How does this not work with the new invector TPC? I bought this with the hopes of just saving my game info...How does it currently not work with it?

16. magique

magique

I'm confused. How does this not work with Invector? As far as I understand it, integration with any 3rd party controller should have nothing to do with this asset. It's a main menu system. What kind of integration could possibly benefit you?

SickaGames1 likes this.
  17. transat

transat

Relax. I'm not "always asking for an update". I'm not sure that I ever have. I was simply excited about all the stuff you said you have already been working on for this asset, stuff like "better editor controls and more freedom to edit UI", the "event systems" or "in game shop, character selection and customization", etc.

digiross likes this.
  18. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Save/Load Invector Integration

19. magique

magique

OK, but that's not actually Invector Integration since Invector provides no save capability at all. It's actually an added feature to provide Invector save/load functionality. Though I can see why you'd want it.

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Easy Main Menu v1.1 [WIP]

EMM v1.1.png

Main Highlights of this version :
    > Custom Events for almost every action.
    > Character System.
    > Easy to re-skin.

It will undergo heavy testing before release so you guys will have flawless experience.
    Hope you guys will like it and find it useful for your game projects.

ETA : October End.

Will release a video soon.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

21. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Is there a was to hot key a save or save game from the menu?

22. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

WIP Video, more coming soon!

23. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

great news! and the choice of levels in this menu is provided? :)

24. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Yes sir,
    all the previous version features + character select system and improved flexibility to re-skin the system. :)

sergey_spf likes this.
  25. Bartolomeus755

Bartolomeus755

Sounds really great, looking forward! :)

26. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Does this update save all game objects states and current scene?

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi,
    that's technically impossible, coz, I don't know what games people are gonna make while using Easy Main Menu. Also, let's assume IF we will be saving all the game objects states, the most crucial game object will be most affected i.e the Player.

Here is an example,
    let's assume you are using Invector's Awesome TPC. It is having x items in the inventory while the game has been started and by the time you have saved the game it is having y items. Next time when you load the game, it will start from the x items, but, due to saving of it's data, the EMM will try to overwrite that inventory data with y items.

This will utterly destroy the script execution order coz EMM don't know when is the inventory loading the x items and when it has to overwrite those x items with that of saved y items. This can crash the whole controller and ultimately the whole game.

I hope I made sense and this is the main reason why everyone is asking for separate integrations coz there is no generic approach of saving and loading a game. Each game has it's own things to save and to load.

However, what most of the games have in common is the player position and rotation, which I tried my best to include in the EMM. :)

28. MakeGames2

MakeGames2

Hi there,

I'm getting this in the latest version and not too sure why. It's in a loading scene. I've tried deleting everything and adding it back fresh but it still shows up. I don't see any fill delay or fill speed on the Loading Screen component. It shows up just opening the scene in the editor and shows repeatedly when running the scene.
    Code (csharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.PropertyHandler.OnGUILayout (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/ScriptAttributeGUI/PropertyHandler.cs:203)
    3. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUIContent label, Boolean includeChildren, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8783)
    4. UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.PropertyField (UnityEditor.SerializedProperty property, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:8767)
    5. LoadingScreenEditor.ShowProperty_LoadingBar () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Loading Screen Scripts/Editor/LoadingScreenEditor.cs:218)
    6. LoadingScreenEditor.DrawFirstTabsProperties () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Loading Screen Scripts/Editor/LoadingScreenEditor.cs:205)
    7. LoadingScreenEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/EasyMainMenu/Scripts/Loading Screen Scripts/Editor/LoadingScreenEditor.cs:123)
    8. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1367)
    9. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    It comes along with this separate warning:
    Code (csharp):
    1. Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Also since my game has multiplayer I'm wondering if you can make this more modular so I can disable parts I don't need like the save and load system and pausing while still having the ability to browse the menu and change options and whatnot.

Currently I'm testing it with uSurvival and only seem to be able to use the loading screen since uSurvival has it's own login, character creation and selection windows all in one scene and it seems a bit difficult to add separate scenes for them. Not sure if this is how I want it in the end or not but it works for now.

Thanks!

Update: I had an idea and it seems to have worked. I was able to get the errors to go away by setting the Scene Specific Loading Image to 0 size and adding a little script to do
    PlayerPrefs.SetString("sceneToLoad", SceneToLoad);
    on start. Has the added bonus of image transitions working on the load screen too.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  29. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

that's exactly what I was about to tell you bro :)
    Nice job!

30. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

The new version will be available "End Screen" :rolleyes:

31. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

32. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

That is basically what I am looking for. Saving my inventory for Invector's TPC as it was going to be changing throughout my game as well as my Dialogue System database and current Player scene.

33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Invector's separate exclusive Integration will be surely coming, there's no question about that :)

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

I can use your Save system in conjunction with another? If I were you use Easy Main Menu save options and then use Dialogue systems Save option at the same time. The same would go for the loading option.

35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hmm, idk what other system has done to achieve the save functionality so I can't say if you or can not use the EMM with it.

36. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

The Dev of Dialogue System has a save system developed for his assets and is going to incorporate saving Invector's inventory, player scene and his database settings. I am going to see if I can't incorporate what he will be doing with your system (calling the save game calls in C#).

37. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi everyone I am trying to integrate EMM 1.0f with invector shooter template 1.2.3 using unity 2018.2 after change the namespace:
    FROM Invector.ItemManager TO Invector.vItemManager
    FROM Invector.CharacterController TO Invector.vCharacterController
    FROM Invector.CharacterController.Actions TO Invector.vCharacterController.vActions

I still have these errors:

Assets/EasyMainMenu/EMM Integrations/Invector Integration/Invector Integration/EndScreen.cs(44,51): error CS1061: Type `Invector.vCharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' does not contain a definition for `lockCamera' and no extension method `lockCamera' of type `Invector.vCharacterController.vMeleeCombatInput' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/EasyMainMenu/EMM Integrations/Invector Integration/Invector Integration/RetrieveCurrentItems.cs(49,78): error CS0272: The property or indexer `Invector.vHealthController.currentHealth' cannot be used in this context because the set accessor is inaccessible

Assets/EasyMainMenu/EMM Integrations/Invector Integration/Invector Integration/RetrieveCurrentItems.cs(49,78): error CS1540: Cannot access protected member `Invector.vHealthController.currentHealth.set' via a qualifier of type `Invector.vCharacterController.vThirdPersonController'. The qualifier must be of type `EMM_Integration.RetrieveCurrentItems' or derived from it

I hope to find help from the dev or the community :)

38. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I have told this solution a lot of times before on Invector's Forum, separately, specially, are you over there?

Here's the link
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/664/main-system-prices-dropped-permanently?page=18

39. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Is full integration with RFPS still in the works? I purchased this menu a good while back and gave it a 5 star review on the store, as it's worth the price. I'm really looking forward to RFPS integration.

40. GWStudio

GWStudio

41. magique

magique

Dialogue System has a game saving feature, which is nicely done. It basically provides different Save scripts that you can attach to your objects and it'll handle saving and restoring those states for you. So it's just a matter of attaching and configuring the Save scripts on things you want saved. You could take a similar approach with EMM. Personally, though, I'm just using the Save features from Dialogue System myself.

[EDIT]
    Here is a video of how the Dialogue System save feature works. You could gain some inspiration from it.

42. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

GWStudio likes this.
  43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I tbh, didn't haven't started with rfps yet, but someone told me here on forums that rfps is having it's own save system..?!

44. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Invector's integration will be done again as they have completely revamped their whole template.
    If you know their scripts, you should be knowing that they are in no way the same ones before. I have to dive again into that. But this will be done very soon :)

GWStudio likes this.
  45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ohh thanks man, they are using the same JSon thing which I have in the login system of EMM , this came handy in saving Invector's inventory previously but that S*** ain't easy any more lol :p

46. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

We have a team of talented profe... oh well it's me only here lol :p
    Looking at the Asset, it seems that you need guns models and a few good looking ui icons/sprites, they are all already available here on Asset Store and of very high quality. :)

47. GWStudio

GWStudio

Thanks bro :)

48. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

No, I mean the animations and graphics firmly integrated.
    For example, you could make great GUIs for that asset.
    I guess you would also find errors in that asset, and you would tell the author what he needs to change.

I think this inventory will become really popular over time, and if you provide great GUIs and animation stuff for it (which you can do very nicely), it would mean sales for you.

Most of us have very little time to create our games, and having a ready-made solution that we can purchase (like EasyMainMenu) is great. And for this inventory, graphics and animations are totally lacking since years.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  49. magique

magique

Pixel Crushers makes a save system for RFPS. He's the same guy who makes Dialogue System with the save system I showed.

50. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I have the older easy main menu system in my game is there anything i need to be aware of before I upgrade. I use easyinput and easyaudio too.