Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I'm 100% on board with that. It would be a great change and allow more flexibility. I hate changing asset's scripts because each update leads to issues of reintegration and source control.

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  2. transat

transat

This package seems fantastic so great job! If you have the time, I'd love a new setup tutorial though. Trying to use this with Opsive TPC and finding that some things have changed since your last 101 Tutorial.

Edit - Have worked it out. Works great. :)

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  3. transat

transat

@AndyNeoman I've noticed that when using the mouse in the menu, if I hover the cursor over a button it gets highlighted but the previously highlighted button also remains highlighted. It's only when I use keyboard or joystick navigation that I end up with only the active button highlighted.
    I've also found that because the buttons are semi-transparent white instead of black, the highlighting is counter-intuitive. It would make more sense to me for a highlighted button to become darker rather than lighter if there is no colour information. In other words if I reduce the opacity of a button highlight, I would expect it to fade away rather than become more visible.

4. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

You proabably meant to tag @walledcityinfotech in this but the answer to changing any of those button settings is in the inspector. That is just the default action but you can change it to whatever colour, fade etc you want by just selecting the control change for hover over, button pressed etc...

5. transat

transat

Whoops. Yes... Sorry. Tagged the wrong person. I had found the settings and changed them myself but thought I'd let @walledcityinfotech know in case he wants to change things in future versions.

6. Barritico

Barritico

Is there an update planned soon?

Thanks.

magique and JamesArndt like this.
  7. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Has this been updated to integrate with RFPSP yet?

I bought EMM a while back, but have put off my menu until the official RFPSP integration is added.

JamesArndt likes this.
  8. transat

transat

@walledcityinfotech @guavaman Rewired does work - I think - but it's not that straightforward for a beginner to setup and I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. For example, does it go in the load screen and if so does it persist across scenes? Or should it go in the main menu scene? Or should it be placed in each and every scene? The rewired event system or the rewired input manager or both?

Any chance for a quick video tutorial of exactly what needs to go where on the Rewired end and which bits from EMM need to be disabled? :) Also, how do we get the EMM control mapping screen to bring up or be compatible with the Rewired control mapper?

Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just some more advice on this forum. Cheers!

Oderus_Urungus and f1chris like this.
  9. johny256

johny256

Integration Ultimate survival and rfps?

Oderus_Urungus likes this.
  10. jrackley

jrackley

It would be cool if quick save worked as trigger based instead of having to open the UI and then Clock save and Confirm. Just have it so that when you go through the trigger it saves. Also Would be cool if it took a snapshot when you saved and had that image associated with the quick slot that it belongs to.

Also still no word on saving Inventory across scenes with Invector?

transat and Oderus_Urungus like this.
  11. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I second this. Also official RFPS integration.

12. talrashald

talrashald

Hello, i bought the package. How can i start a new szene when you use "Start" button. I don´t need the "load level menu"

13. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Any
    Any word yet on that RFPS integration? It's been a few months. I'm still having that weird pausing bug as seen in the video below. It's like the pausing is inverted in regard to the UI. When the game is paused the UI is displayed and when it isn't paused the UI goes away. I'm curious if there is any new ETA on the update with the RFPS integration working.

14. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

wait, that hasn't been a update for Invector controller, which it was originally integrated with,yet people are asking for rfps integration?

15. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I have invector and rfps. There was supposed to be integration for rfps for a while now. This isn't new.

16. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Good day!
    invector released updates for their shooter.
    will there be an update EasyMainMenu?
    Thank you
    :)

Justin_Wingfall likes this.
  17. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I'm sorry I wasn't aware of the Invector update part. I was just checking on the the RFPS integration as I thought that was said to be integrated as well. Looks like some stuff is running behind on updates and integration.

18. Justin_Wingfall

Justin_Wingfall

It's nothing :) I was just saying..... I trust the dev will update as soon as he is able to.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    JamesArndt likes this.
  19. pegassy

pegassy

Hi,

I am trying to add my own new scene, but the game crashes after the menu screen. Basically, I just duplicated the same loading screen and menu screen from the demo in EMM folder. I renamed my scene to "Maze" to avoid any name conflict issues I may not have seen. I add all three to the build settings. And when i hit new game, the game stalls for a minute than crashes.

Interestingly, if I try the original game "maze" scene or a brand new blank scene, the scene loads fine. It just crashes when I load my own scene. What may be causing this?

20. sergey_spf

sergey_spf

Good day!
    invector released updates for their shooter.
    will there be an update EasyMainMenu?
    Thank you

21. lawsochi

lawsochi

any news? or not and there will be no more news on this project. ???

22. mycomport

mycomport

I was so happy when got TPCWC - Third Person Controller with Companion, after that I got Zombie Ai and next day got discounted MegaPack without anyways to return ZombieAi, lol. So, author was responsive and not cooperative at that point.
    Anyways all those packs working almost fine and question to get EasyMenu was not a question, I got it and I'm not happy. After a year of development Maze scene not preconfigured. And no proper documentation, just two pages spited for two assets. No explanation how to make 100% instead of 3.5 when Scene saved, configuration of saving/loading slots, etc. it is for Maze scene included for a package.
    About UFPS, eh, Inventory wheel working as expected, and again, nothing about how to Save/Load works, not in Video how to proper configure them, nor in Demo Scene for UFPS. May be its Unity fault as usual, I'm using 2017.3.0f3 and missed preconfigured prefabs.
    Anyways after spend an evening I made it working as expected, at Save trigger, if I press Save key, I finally able to see Save UI with slots, and do Load etc. For UFPS I would recommend Save System for UFPS from Pixel Crushers, no issues at all, also has Checkponts and another stuff.

23. transat

transat

24. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Does the developer even support this anymore?

25. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys, I am very sorry for late response. I am working on my other game projects, however you can expect an update by next month with better editor controls and more freedom to edit UI. I am very much excited to show it when it will be ready.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

transat and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  26. danteswap

danteswap

I have just imported this asset in unity 2018.2.5f1 and added all the respectives scenes to the build with loading scene at index zero and loaded the scene and nothing happens , in inspector it says loading MainMenu But it took eternity to load , so I tried to load the main menu manually but it gave me that easy audio utility error so I copy pasted easy audio utility from loading scene and played now I can here the sounds but everything is black now and after some figuring I saw that the Fader Was Not going away so I manuslly disabled it in the playing scene now I can see the buttons and they ply the hovering and playing sounds nicely but now nothing happens on clicking any buttons neither the option button works or the quitor the start button , so how am I suppose to make this asset work , walledcityinfotec plz help me//

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry for the inconveniences caused.
    Please see this video for better understanding.. ! :)

28. magique

magique

@walledcityinfotech Did you ever fix the loading bar issue so that it properly reflects the loading percentage?

29. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

Any updates coming out soon?

30. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi new update should be live next week with all this fixed :)

31. digiross

digiross

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for awhile so it's good news on the upcoming update, I just purchased!

32. blakeysal

blakeysal

hi
    walledcityinfotech

if we send you r invoice number will we be able to get the update quicker thanks

33. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, I am very sorry but it will not be possible.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

will this update be version 1.0?

35. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

yes sir :)

magique and SickaGames1 like this.
  36. blakeysal

blakeysal

and whats that message u sent me

37. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I replied to your message, please answer me there only what I am asking. I don't want to talk here about that publicly.

38. SoontirF

SoontirF

@walledcityinfotech I have some problems implementing level lock and unlocks via code in my game. I have sent you some messages by email 2 days ago. I hope you can check them to help us.

Once I implement it in my game and it works, I can post here how to do it in order to help other users, because I think that documentation about how to manage levels (lock, unlock and other things) via code from other scripts is something necessary.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry for late response, I believe I did replied to your previous email with a very easy straight forward answer.

Here's what I do in my games to handle lock and unlock.

make an int nextUnlockLevel and get it's value from playerprefs like
    nextUnlockLevel = playerprefs.GetInt("nextUnlockLevel", 0);

now just pass this into the level items manager's level items configuration list like so

lvlItemsManager.levelItemsConfiguration[nextUnlockLevel].isLocked=false;

now whenever you complete your level just increment the value of nextUnlockLevel by 1 and save it in playerprefs like so

nextUnlockLevel++;
    PlayerPrefs.SetInt("nextUnlockLevel", nextUnlockLevel);

now whenever you open the main menu, automatically it will unlock the next level ;)

40. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi guys,

I am pushing a new Update v1.0 for EMM and with this update the prices will be increasing to 20$, but as promised, the updates will always be free for those who have already bought the Asset! :)

Changelog v1.0
    - Added Async Loading Screen with real progress bar
    - Removed dependency of EasyAudioUtility (now just hit play in any scene and there will be no errors!)
    - Fixed minor bugs.

Best
    Hamzah
    Walled City Infotech

41. transat

transat

I had also gotten that impression. :-/
    @walledcityinfotech to be clear... the changes you have been "very excited about" for quite some time were just some bug fixes??

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  42. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

yeah. it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

43. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry, I should have mentioned more clearly. I am working on the whole Easy Main Menu from scratch and it is taking a few more days, so till then I pushed this one with serious bug fixes.
    The whole menu from scratch will be much more stable and will be available by the end of September or early October.

digiross likes this.
  44. transat

transat

@walledcityinfotech But you just said this was version 1.0, not v.0.51 ? I'm sorry but I've personally heard you say that you've been working on a big update that is just around the corner a few too many times. :)

In any case, I hope you've been testing your upcoming version with the new controllers from Opsive. Otherwise your users will have to wait a while longer...

45. SoontirF

SoontirF

Thank you for the answer.

Yes i saw your previous message, but then i sent you another email, explaining you that i had problems using this:

I cant use this because it seems that the list is empty or that is not loading it.
    I tried to explain this in my email step by step.

I will send you the explanation of the problem we have, to see if you can help us, please check your email, it could be great if you can support us.
    Once i solve it and see how it works, i could post it here how to do it step by step so other people managing levels could see how to work with the level lock and unlock.

Thank you!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  46. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, sorry your approach is wrong, just simply check in the main menu which level did you completed last time and according to that unlock the next level the way I told you. If you will work with the statics, they will not be stored when the next time you open the game, they will only work for that session.
    So, always use the battle tested trusty playerprefs :)

47. SoontirF

SoontirF

Hi,

Thank you for your message.
    Could you check the email i sent to you with the detailed explanation please?
    The problem is not that i dont use the playerprefs (i will use them of course, no problem with that, but firstly i have to be able to lock or unlock levels in your asset).

The problem is that when i try to call this from another script of the game:

I receive a null pointer exception.
    It seems that the content is null when i try to use it or to debug to see what is inside the list.
    It seems that the object does not exist when i try to load it.

Could you please check the email i sent you yesterday? (i sent you a private message here in the forum too).

Hope you can help us.

Thank you.

48. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

I hope you understand that this is just a variable name I told you and you have to assign the level items manager in the inspector here.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

49. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

What is your road map for this asset as in new features?

50. SoontirF

SoontirF

Thank you!
    Yes I understood that, the problem is that i cant make it work...
    I suppose that with "level items manager" you mean "Level Select Manager" or "Level Select Item", but i cant assign those scripts to that variable in the editor.

Could be possible that you check my private messages or emails please?
    I have sent you another email with more info about this (including screenshot)
    There i have given you all the details because here maybe its difficult that you can see the problem.

As I told you, once i get it working, i can post here the step by step mini-guide so other people that want to manage the lock and unlock levels can make it work quickly.

Thank you!