Search Unity

[RELEASED] Easy Main Menu

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by walledcityinfotech, Sep 23, 2017.

1. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Requires Unity 5.6.3 or higher.

Prices will be Increasing with Next Update!
    But as per my promise, the Update will be FREE for those who have already bought! Yay!

Please Play the demo first before making any purchase (Link below)

============================================================================​

Easy Main Menu is your one stop solution for all the things you want to have in a menu :

- Start Game
    * New Game
    * Save/Load Game

- Options
    * Game Options
    * Graphics Options
    * Control Changing Options

- Pause Menu

- Loading Screen

- Screen Fader

- FREE Cube Character Example Scene Included

- Quit Game

PC Demo Link (Google Drive):
    Easy Main Menu Pc Build
    drive.google.com/open?id=0B3BuQTMj0ScBaEcxazBFSVUwVEE

Documentation (Google Drive):

Easy Main Menu Documentation
    drive.google.com/open?id=0B3BuQTMj0ScBUm9iMEVLNmtTXzQ

YouTube Tuts :
    Easy Main Menu Preview

Easy Main Menu 101 Setup Guide

Creating Save Point Guide

Please have a look at the screenshots below to get better understanding :

- Loading Screen

- Main Menu

- Start Game

- Load Game

- FREE Maze Sample Scene

- Options Menu

- Game Options Menu

- Control Options Menu

- Reconfigure Controls Menu

- Graphics Menu

- Save Menu

- Pause Menu

============================================================================

DOWNLOAD NOW On Sellfy Store

If you want to support the further development of this asset, I have enabled the Pay What You Want feature (sellfy store only) so you can pay us more. However the base price is 14.99$.

This Asset includes my all the other assets worth 20$ :

- Easy Audio Utility - 5$ (Sellfy | Unity Asset Store)
    - Easy Input Utility - 5$ (Coming Soon)
    - Easy Graphics Utility - 5$ (Coming Soon)
    - Easy Save Load Utility - 5$ (Coming Soon)

Best Regards
    Walled City Infotech
    Mohammad Hamzah Kirmani
    Support : walledcityinfotech@gmail.com

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. ThePaceMaker

ThePaceMaker

Hi there, awesome package. How do I integrate with invectors? this is the main reason I bought it as the comments on asset store said it integrates well :)

3. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi there, thanks for the purchase bro!

You can watch this video for ultra easy integration, in fact now the package contains 2 extra demo scenes to get you started in no time :)

and after watching this please have a look at this as well :

Please feel free to contact me if you get any confusions!
    Best
    Hamzah

4. mattis89

mattis89

Hello! Easy to intergrate with UFPS?

5. montyfi

montyfi

Does it work in VR?

6. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

For some reason even after I change "NewGameSceneName" in MainMenuCanvas to something else, it is still loading Maze scene. How come?

7. magique

magique

This looks really great for a starting point. Are the different menu settings actually actively changing the game runtime or do I have to plug in the code to do that? For example, if I change resolution does the resolution change at runtime, etc.?

8. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

Yes it does.

9. magique

magique

Awesome. I will buy and give it a try. Should be perfect for my game tech demo.

[EDIT]
    Bought!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  10. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

Can you do me a favor? For some reason when I change loading scene name's parameters, it is still loading Maze for me. Can you see if it will work for you?

"NewGameSceneName" in MainMenuCanvas

11. magique

magique

I can't test right now, but you might want to check to make sure you have the new scene in the Build settings.

12. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

I dooo. The problem is it loads "Maze" scene all the time, even though I change the values. I looked into code, everything seems right. This is stupid :/

13. magique

magique

Try removing Maze from Build settings also. Since you don't need it anyway. At least you'll get an error and then you can see where the problem is.

14. SpinTheDaddy

SpinTheDaddy

Nevermind... His tutorials and documentations are outdated... I figured it out

magique likes this.
  15. claudius_I

claudius_I

I hope you add a joystick support.

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  16. magique

magique

lol. I have the same issue. How did you solve this?

[EDIT]
    Nevermind. I found it. For anyone else having this issue, you have to set the Level names on the LevelSelectManager component of MainMenuCanvas. There is a Level Items Configuration.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  17. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

hi man,
    thanks for your support and sorry for late response,
    Please see these vids for the detailed info and quick setup :
    Level Selection Menu :

Level Selection Menu Tut :

Thanks
    Best
    Hamzah
    walledcityinfotech@gmail.com

18. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

It is coming in next update with lots of fixes :):)

GladiomirDutra likes this.
  19. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

As long as player tag is "Player" in UFPS and it doesn't manage timeScale otherwise there might be a conflict with the Pause menu to work properly.. :)

20. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

as of now, no.
    in future.. DEFINITELY!!!!

21. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks for your purchase! :)

22. mattis89

mattis89

I think the tag is player.. or localplayer.. Can I change it somehow on your mainmenu asset? Ufps doesnt manage timescale...what I know about.. but Im using inventory with ufps, and I guess its the same thing that happend in your mainmenu, when you use the menu UI the mouse cursor shows and disables player movement and freezes camera? Is there away for me to fix this or are you willing to assist me when the time comes?

23. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Of course you can, and in the next Update I will make this field public so it will be open for everyone to change the tag that suits them.

I am willing to assist everyone as much as I can :)

mattis89 likes this.
  24. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I plan on getting this today (can't resist the price) as it looks like it would be a great system for slapping on to my prototypes or as a placeholder for the real UI (however, the future VR upgrade is a must.) Anyways, I am at work so I can't check out any videos right now, but is this easily skin-able? Or is it what you see is what you get? I am just wondering about the customizability. Regardless, it looks like it's worth the price.

25. wood333

wood333

I like the level selection feature. Can the locks be unlocked during play, and how would this be accomplished?

26. wood333

wood333

My other question is: I have other assets that need to be saved, such as an inventory from Inventory Pro. I was going to use EasySave 2 which integrates with Inventory Pro. Can Easy Main Menu integrate with Easy Save 2? Then I could save everything in my project. By the way, great move integrating with Invector!

Already purchased Easy Main Menu, by the way.

27. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Not Easy, but ultra Easy lol :p
    If you will see the videos, all the used images / sprites are in separate folder, just go ahead and swap with your images and once you are done you can even go ahead and delete the Easy Main Menu's UI images :)

28. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Setting locks-unlocks can be easily done if you have basic knowledge of PlayerPrefs. :)

I neither have EasySave2 nor Inventory Pro :( so I don't know what they are using for saving and loading. BTW easy main menu uses very simple JSON for saving Invector's Inventory data :)

Thank you very much for your support! :)

Best
    Hamzah

wood333 likes this.
  29. ChrisDorn

ChrisDorn

Hello!
    We purchased the Easy Main Menu as framework for our current project, it saves us some time. Thank you for the effort you put into developing and publishing this.
    However, we got some issues.
    When I start the load scene to play before the main menu scene, settings dont do anything (and the music is way too loud :oops:)
    We bypasses this by starting the MainMenu scene first (short term solution).
    In the build we can change settings just fine, but in the main scene we get a frame drop from 60 to 30. I guess the last thing is due too overwritten quality settings, but its very odd to have the same (almost worse) visual quality with a halved framerate.
    Resolution settings also seem to be inconsistent, in the main scene it gets cranked up to the maximum possible resolution.
    *EDIT²: Resolution settings are applying when set in the game scene.
    *EDIT: Using Unity Plus 2017.2.0f3

A option to use the provided Quality Settings and make adjustments based on them would be a solution, but since we can have another professinal UI-wizard working on this, just let us know what issues you plan to address so we can adjust our work capacity correctly.
    Thanks again :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    JamesArndt likes this.
  30. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi

I have a problem when i remplaced your maze scene for my scene. The LoadingScreen take to long to showed (20 seconds).
    and after load the scene i have many error in the console (object is destroyed).

I try with another LoadingScene and worked perfect.

There is a bug there.

31. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks for your purchase! It means a lot.

I really liked your idea of using the provided quality settings and using them as default.
    I will try to implement it in the upcoming update!

Best
    Hamzah

ChrisDorn likes this.
  32. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Hi, thanks for your purchase!

I am loading a world streamer scene with >4 terrains and it's working fine.

Please watch the videos or see the demo scenes. Hopefully everything will work fine. :)

Best
    Hamzah

33. Thoronnim_Crystalia

Thoronnim_Crystalia

Good morning,

I just saw you product "Easy Main Menu" and I think it should be a great time saver tool for our project; also, all the reviews are enthusiastic so I have no doubt about the quality level of your product.

But I have a question, before buying it: in the description it seems that it requires at least Unity 5.6.3 (which is the version you used to upload it on the asset store), but our project is being developed on 5.4.5 and we did not plan to migrate it at this moment.

So, can we use the Easy Main Menu even in an older Unity version? It depends essentially on if you used classes and methods which did non exist earlier...

For sure, a specific integration is needed because we already wrote a save/load system - with no interface yet - for our complex scenarios, and in the meanwhile we could fix potential version incompatibilities - based on your suggestions and recommendations obviously.

Thank you in advance,
    Emanuele

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  34. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I bought this yesterday. It's nice to see you so actively supporting this.

35. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

Great asset, saved my time, i was in the middle of codeing my own level transition script.
    Still need to link this beauty with EasySave2 save and load system, and it`ll be perfect.

One bug thou:
    Using Unity 5.6.4p1 - seems like it fails to get audiosource if i start with Loading scene out of the box.
    Keeps saying that MusicSource in MainMenuCanvas-OptionsControllerGame is missing.
    And well, it does say "missing" for MusicSource in editor (thou it plays BG music ).
    If i use scene with main menu as first loaded -it gets everything fine and finds easyAduio as MusicSource.

From what i found throu Debugging - looks like a script execution order issue. If i manualy add EasyAudio and EasyInput to LoadingScreen scene (they are singletones anyway - will just delete themselves once more when menu is loaded) - they get set up correctly and don`t fail.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  36. wood333

wood333

I very much agree with @Silvermurk. Integration with EasySave2 is the one integration that would add the most additional "easy" to Easy Main Menu. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/768

37. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

38. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Yes, integration with EasySave2, please!

39. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

As you have said, it just happened that I updated my Unity 2-3 days before uploading this to the Asset Store lol, the whole package is made in unity 5.4.something and it uses nothing special just the Unity 4.6 new UI system! :)

Thoronnim_Crystalia likes this.
  40. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Thanks for your purchase. :)

41. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Ya exactly, that's a script execution order issue !!!
    I will correct it in the next update!

Thanks for your support and suggestions :)

42. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

If you'll do just send me the guidelines lol :p I will guarantee support to everyone :p

43. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

And i`d be greatfull if you could leave an e-mail or skype or discord or whatever method of communication you prefer to simplify support - monitoring this forum takes time :)
    As for ES2 guidelines - i`ll test out how my bridge with ES2 works and will let you know)
    PS And another notice - someone earlyer said about long loading times - it`s because in demosscene you have Playerprefs string to load level set to Maze, and it keeps value there even after modifications:)

44. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

upload_2017-11-3_10-57-37.png
    Options in PauseMenu are missing fonts, add back to default Arial please:) And resolution selection still won`t work, calls method but does not update actual value )

45. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Resolution settings are temperamental bitch lol :p
    Sorry I Forgot to mention that we have to build to see the resolution change! :)

Best
    Hamzah

46. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

I`m not complaining in any kind:) Just mentioning things that in my oppinion need updateing and\or mentioning:)
    Asset is great, but a little rough at some points(like resolution script order and missing fonts:) )
    I`d say it`s a must-have one, but still needs polish:)

47. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Somewhere around 3.20 you can see pewdiepie playing the game is using our Easy Main Menu lol :p. Not to mention the game is fully made with awesome Invector Controller but it's implementation I say is not that good... you guys decide ;)

48. Silvermurk

Silvermurk

Personaly i don`t like Invector:) It reminds me of early days of InventoryPro - wants money for any minor update)
    Go Opsive third person controller - lifetime support, forums, abilityes and integrated to pertty much any major asset worth haveing )

49. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

There is a slight delay in the screen after this screen:

delayafter1.png

I think the loading is started before the next screen has completely faded in. Am I right?
    The delay looks unprofessional.

If my suspicion is actually the cause of the delay, can you change it so that
    1) first the fade-in ends
    2) then the loading starts
    ?
    I think a delay of ~300 ms is worth the professional look.
    Or what else might be the cause of the lag / delay?

50. I_hope_Unity_DIES

I_hope_Unity_DIES

Hi! Really like EMM but I thought I should mention some errors showing up in the console when I import EMM into a project in Unity 2017.2.0f3 with only ICE Creature Control in it. Separate they both work fine. Together the errors are:

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_objects.cs(1332,35): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_objects.cs(1337,56): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `ObjectTitleSuffix'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_register_groups.cs(218,45): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_register_groups.cs(554,26): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_target.cs(95,37): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_target.cs(141,37): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/EditorUtilities/ice_creature_editor_target.cs(145,49): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/Windows/ICECreatureWizard.cs(777,23): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `AddLayer'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/Windows/ICECreatureWizard.cs(782,23): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `AddLayer'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/Windows/ICECreatureWizard.cs(962,25): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/Windows/ICECreatureWizard.cs(982,22): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

Assets/ICE/ICECreatureControl/Scripts/Core/Editor/Core/Windows/ICECreatureWizard.cs(1072,22): error CS0117: `EditorTools' does not contain a definition for `IsPrefab'

It's not really a big deal for me at the moment or anything, I just thought I should mention it. :)