Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Earth & Planets skyboxes (free)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by HugoPeters, Jan 23, 2016.

1. HugoPeters

HugoPeters

This package contains over 20 high detailed rendered space skyboxes focused on our planet Earth and also other places in our solar system. All available at 2048px.

Get it here: Asset Store Link

Around 10 HD skyboxes focused on the planet earth (Day & Night)

Multiple other location including Jupiter with Europa, Mars and the moon

Everythings is rendered with realism in mind and using the latest textures over 8Gb of data (Thanks to NASA). Renders are done in PNG alpha format so each skybox is adjustable for example removing stars or adding nebula's.

The package further includes
    - One high detailed (adjustable) sun flare
    - Empty skybox with only stars
    - Example scene (with sun locations)

I have been busy doing these Earth renders for over 8 years now, and a few years ago when i was working on my own game i couldn't find any good Earth view skybox so it was easily for me to create my own.

I went trough a lot of improvements especially the detail of the textures which i stitched together with a lot of work and adjusted them. However the clouds currently are still an issue as they are still low res (43k) so its all about the right camera view.
    This is also the reason the Jupiter skybox is far away as there are no high detailed textures available. The moon Europa has actually higher detailed textures then Jupiter.

The past year i noticed from my old thread i was not the only one looking for some great earth skybox, so i decided spend some days to get the project back to life. And also let my computer burn for a few days to create those renders.

Since Indie developers like me always have a small budget i decided to make this package for free.

However I'm working on a pro package for a small fee including 4096px textures and also way more locations.

Bugs:
    While its not common in graphics, the textures can contain errors and so can the skyboxes.These are mostly black spots or stitching errors. If you find one let me know and please pm me the exact skybox texture the error is in.

If you have ideas or want a custom location render, let me know.

Get it here: Asset Store Link

Lagger625 and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. batate

batate

3. HugoPeters

HugoPeters

Keep up the good work, i love it. Hope this package even gets it more realistic. The realistic sun flare i included in the package will help a lot also i think.