Search Unity

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. zelmund

zelmund

ok, thank you

2. chaneya

chaneya

NatureManufacture,

Love your assets.

I found a minor problem in your Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature Pack. The problem only applies to your Fir_07 and Fir_08 trees. For some reason the center point on those 2 models is off center. All of the other models have center points that appear correct.

Thanks
    Allan

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Screens please:)

4. chaneya

chaneya

Please see attached Pics. Fir7 and Fir8 Center point is off center. For comparison I included a pic of Fir6. All tree variants other than Fir7 and 8 appear to have correct center points. In addition to providing screen shots of the prefabs, I also included a pic of the Fir7 model in a scene, just in case it may have had something to do with your prefabs. Fir7Model.jpg Fir6.jpg Fir8.jpg Fir7.jpg

Thanks
    Allan

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

OK but in editor you got pivot or center in editor gizmo? You didnt show editor setup. If you set center it will always show center no matter where true pivot is:) Part which I talk about is hiddden in your screen.

6. chaneya

chaneya

In the editor, I have Center, Local selected. (See pics)

I was able to figure out my problem. It was how I coded finding the center of the tree. I am using the tree center to determine where to place a target graphic for a Top Down RPG when the tree is selected by the player. For some reason the target was off center for trees Fir7 and Fir8 but it was perfectly centered for all other trees. After looking at the models, it appears that the center point on those 2 models is off center.

I have since changed how I place my target graphic at the base of the tree. So I don't think I have any problems now.

Fir6.jpg Fir8.jpg Fir7.jpg

Thanks
    Allan

7. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

In the latest version of the meadow environment, I get an error: "A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing".
    Please check. Thanks.

Also, the post processing doesn't look good at all:

ugly1.png

Is it actually what it should look like???? If yes, can you provide something better? I purchased your set to learn how to do nice nature.
    What you have given me so far is not good to learn.

There are other assets that make great use of effects.

Can you do that, too?

Unity 2019.3.5f1, URP 7.1.8

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  8. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Postprocess at urp will not look good as they remove many features. We wait to bring them back. Unity trully make urp unusable after post process rebuild. Its so big issue so unity start to work on bring back old post process for urp. Btw they remove eye adaptation and ambient occlusion.... Key and main features to build nice render.

Error is fake its because engine first load terrain then trees and fill gaps during aset import. Seams it start when unity add async asset import. Nothing is missed there.

Please also fallow readme about shadow distance etc and asset config at urp. Check if camera have use post procesing checkbox turned on.

I personaly feel that urp is not ready to use at all. Lw rp was cool and fast urp is lack of features and full of missed features

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Mark_01 and OfficialHermie like this.
  9. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Using the meadow environment with hdrp and Unity 2019.3.5f1, I get the following error.
    Unity displayed a message, saying that I should report a bug using the bug reporter, which is what I did.
    This is not something that YOU have to handle, right?
    hdrp1.jpg

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We found that doesnt break anything.
    We test build etc and everything is ok. Normaly error break builds but yhis doesnt affect anything.
    Shader at shader graph didnt throw error. When we generate code and put into shader file it throw it. Ignore it, it doesnt affect anything. What engine version you use?

11. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

This is Meadow Environment on Unity 2019.3.6f1, HDRP 7.1.8.

Can you have a look? Is that really what is should look like?

bug1.png overview.png 2.png

Edit:
    I got it resolved, I forgot to put your shaders in the HDRender asset.
    Here is what it looks with the correct shaders:
    fix1.png

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  12. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Here is something which doesn't look right to me:

You can have a look at the bright brim on the edges? I have seen this in a different asset by another publisher, and it was a bug.

That is why I thought I'd ask.

outline.png

13. jh092

jh092

Hi there, I recently purchased Dynamic Nature - Starter and have a question. If I turn on "Enable GPU Instancing" flag on my material using the Terrain Snow Cover Base shader all my objects disappear. Is there a way to use this option or is there something specific I need to do?

many thanks, John.

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Keeper of the NatureManufacture forest. Though Shalt Not Pass! :D

keeper.jpg

15. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No it's not a bug, it's sss. It pass light at the edges more then in the middle.
    Not sure if it works on instanced at last engine version. We test that at 2018.3 last time. What version you actualy use? I will check.
    Looks so lovely:)

16. jh092

jh092

Hi and thanks for looking into the Enable GPU Instancing. My version is 2019.2.19f1

17. Rowlan

Rowlan

Meadow Environment makes everything look good, even Tank Attack :D

meadow 6.jpg
    meadow 7.jpg
    meadow 1.jpg
    meadow 3.jpg
    meadow 4.jpg

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

Meadow Environment is so versatile, I really enjoy using it in various styles :)

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  19. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

That is so lovely! Is that HDRP? Did you animate the guys?

20. Rowlan

Rowlan

No, it's Standard Pipeline. Shows how awesome AAA the NatureManufacture assets are. The animations are from the asset developers. Links are in the video description.

21. Gentleman3

Gentleman3

Hi,
    Is this still an issue in HDRP? Currently using Unity 2019.4 and all materials are pink.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you import hd rp support pack? There is readme with step by step.

23. Kapteeni-Studios

Kapteeni-Studios

Hi, I purchased the Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature. I started a new project with Unity 2020.1.4f1, then chose the High Definition RP template and imported the Forest Environment asset with the Package Manager. Everything is pink, could you lead me in the right direction? :)

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Fallow pack description at asset store and readme inside hd and urp support packs inside our folders. They will help you to import pack properly for hd or urp.

Kapteeni-Studios and johaswe like this.
  25. Disastorm

Disastorm

The URP tree/bush/foliage shader seems to break upon reloading the project. Upon first importing that URP Support Pack, the trees and everything show up fine, but if you close and re-open the Unity editor they are all invisible. I tried it with a brand new empty project and had the same issue. I'm on 2020.1

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  26. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Which pack? I didnt notice any such issue. maybe you got compile errors in project so they block compiling at shaders after you run project again.

27. Disastorm

Disastorm

oh sorry didn't realize there were multiple dynamic natures. it was the Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature. I havn't actually tried it again since I made the post, but what I can tell you is that I started a brand new project to verify my existing project wasn't messed up and the issue still happened. Basically make a new 2020.1 URP project. Import Forest Environment - Dynamic Nature. see that the trees show up. Restart unity editor. the trees are invisible. Thats what happened when I tried it just before I made that post.

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Add wind prefab to your scene.

29. Rowlan

Rowlan

Many thanks to @NatureManufacture, my video crossed 100.000 views. Meadow Environment is truly one of the best assets on the store. The video is relatively simple in terms of what you see compared to others I created, it only took me an hour to mix it all together, but the nature look makes it look good. And that in standard pipeline :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    NatureManufacture and TerraUnity like this.
  30. Rowlan

Rowlan

Correction. It's half a Million now. The interesting part is in the comments when people claim the Dragon is Fake or some Kite or that I was using Green Screen and what not. But nobody mentions that the entire terrain is a computer game :D

Can't wait for the next asset that comes from NatureManufacture :)

31. Rowlan

Rowlan

The NatureManufacture Assets are truly among the best on the store imo. Had a lot of fun today with Forest Environment, NatureManufacture did a most awesome job with the demo scene:

re 01.jpg
    re 02.jpg
    re 03.jpg
    dx12 01.jpg
    dx12 02.jpg
    I know it's getting old now, but I crossed the 8 Million views today with my Asian Dragon scene with your Meadow Environment :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  32. Rowlan

Rowlan

The new Mountain Environment - Dynamic Nature is absolutely gorgeous :)

dragon 01.jpg
    dragon 03.jpg
    foodums.jpg
    dragon 04.jpg

TerraUnity likes this.
  33. photonic

photonic

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yes

photonic likes this.
  35. Rowlan

Rowlan

This new asset is truly amazing. I'm having a lot of fun with it :)

ia2.jpg
    ia3.jpg
    ia4.jpg
    i5.jpg

TerraUnity and NatureManufacture like this.
  36. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Rowlan likes this.
  37. Recon03

Recon03

Put those same assets in Unreal, it will look a 100 times better.. or use Unity built in.... Games like The Forest which was made back in older versions of Unity still look darn good.. look at games like D r o n e THE game.... all use built in.. Those assets that NM make with proper post rendering, PP, etc, can look amazing. I would stay away from URP, HDRP for a bit. Use proper lighting techniques, shadows those are super important....you can make any scene look amazing with just built in.. If you are unsure on how to do this, give a look around on google, some good tuts around about lighting, PP, shadows.

38. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Why do you think built-in is better than HDRP in terms of rendering!

39. Rowlan

Rowlan

Today's update with 2021.1 is just gorgeous :eek:

update.jpg

40. Recon03

Recon03

Its not what I think, its what I know from experience, of working on over 12 different games with people using that junk....also tested enough in games we been working on in the past, until, I got some partners to get a brain and move to Unreal. for use Built in... NOTHING wrong with Built in, its stable and works just fine...HDRP, is a total mess.. It needs time to mature and for Unity to get there head out of there arse. Now that I'm retired, I stay the heck away from HDRP, other than to keep up on some tech... Just like DOTS, watch what happens to that, wanna bet, it disappears like Unity always does with tech? They don't make games, so they just don't get it..

in terms of stability in a real development environment it is.. and anyone who has been a developer, knows you shouldn't be using something still in development, I have used HDRP extensively, and its fine for people who do this for fun... but those in development, its a total nightmare, and adds a ton of extra work in development, something else which is NOT needed ..

PS: Most of what you see out of HDRP, is someone tech demo, not actually release of games... This is night and day to REAL development... I love those people running a 2080 TI, saying how they got 40 FPS, and how great HDRP is... with an empty scene, with no combat, or content.... Its laughable.. You shouldn't be testing only on a 2080 TI. you should be testing on a GPU which is lower than what your lowest spec will be.... like a 800-900 series card, or which ever you are going to support... This is why companies like CyberPunk, and others use a 1060... Steam stats, show the same..So, when you have HDRP, running so poorly, and so buggy.... That is the reason, @TerraUnity

This is what I have seen, others have seen, out in the real world environment.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    creat327 likes this.
  41. creat327

creat327

I agree. It's great for demos but for real games, you can't develop something that requires a super computer to look acceptable.

Recon03 likes this.
  42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In 2021.2 HD RP there will be grass system and this will improve speed alot.
    In fact with proper tools and design hd rp is suitable for development but... you must carefully chose settings. It's not for all devs.

43. creat327

creat327

Exactly, but that´s the point. Several years ago you could already do all this with Unity at the same performance that you will achieve with 2021.2 if lucky. Meanwhile, in Unreal you achieve this performance already, also since years ago, with the same visual quality and without having to be rewriting all your shaders and code every 1 or 2 years because of editor changes.

I stopped using Unity for new projects years ago and I couldn´t be happier after seen everything going on. And I have to keep updating the other games that I made with Unity, CONSTANTLY, because of all the new non-sense they are adding and that doesn´t improve performance or quality on those old games one bit. Can you keep with the old version of unity? No, you can´t. That´s the problem, since you need to keep updating for new iOS or Android or whatever system, you are forced to keep moving your projects to new versions of Unity that keep breaking your games. Never had a similar problem with Unreal. Game works? It keeps working the same way. Looks fantastic version after version. Year after year. With no performance or quality degradation.

nasos_333 likes this.
  44. nasos_333

nasos_333

This sounds crazy good, i am rather sad i picked Unity side so many years ago, it seemed easier at that point, now seems like climbing mountain after mountain of hardness and complexity and have caught myself more trying to redo things that break or change than actually create amazing things, which is a huge let down.

Has this been released in the latest beta, or is for later release ? Thanks

45. Rowlan

Rowlan

The Malbers Raccoon can climb the Forest Environment trees now :D

raccoon 0.jpg

TerraUnity likes this.
  46. TerraUnity

TerraUnity

Rowlan likes this.
  47. Rowlan

Rowlan

Had to try in Mountain Environment as well:

3.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.jpg

TerraUnity and NatureManufacture like this.
  48. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Rowlan likes this.
  49. creat327

creat327

video of this? the pics look nice

Rowlan likes this.
  50. Rowlan

Rowlan