Search Unity

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. zelmund

zelmund

ok, thank you

2. chaneya

chaneya

NatureManufacture,

Love your assets.

I found a minor problem in your Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature Pack. The problem only applies to your Fir_07 and Fir_08 trees. For some reason the center point on those 2 models is off center. All of the other models have center points that appear correct.

Thanks
    Allan

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Screens please:)

4. chaneya

chaneya

Please see attached Pics. Fir7 and Fir8 Center point is off center. For comparison I included a pic of Fir6. All tree variants other than Fir7 and 8 appear to have correct center points. In addition to providing screen shots of the prefabs, I also included a pic of the Fir7 model in a scene, just in case it may have had something to do with your prefabs. Fir7Model.jpg Fir6.jpg Fir8.jpg Fir7.jpg

Thanks
    Allan

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

OK but in editor you got pivot or center in editor gizmo? You didnt show editor setup. If you set center it will always show center no matter where true pivot is:) Part which I talk about is hiddden in your screen.

6. chaneya

chaneya

In the editor, I have Center, Local selected. (See pics)

I was able to figure out my problem. It was how I coded finding the center of the tree. I am using the tree center to determine where to place a target graphic for a Top Down RPG when the tree is selected by the player. For some reason the target was off center for trees Fir7 and Fir8 but it was perfectly centered for all other trees. After looking at the models, it appears that the center point on those 2 models is off center.

I have since changed how I place my target graphic at the base of the tree. So I don't think I have any problems now.

Fir6.jpg Fir8.jpg Fir7.jpg

Thanks
    Allan

7. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

In the latest version of the meadow environment, I get an error: "A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing".
    Please check. Thanks.

Also, the post processing doesn't look good at all:

ugly1.png

Is it actually what it should look like???? If yes, can you provide something better? I purchased your set to learn how to do nice nature.
    What you have given me so far is not good to learn.

There are other assets that make great use of effects.

Can you do that, too?

Unity 2019.3.5f1, URP 7.1.8

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  8. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Postprocess at urp will not look good as they remove many features. We wait to bring them back. Unity trully make urp unusable after post process rebuild. Its so big issue so unity start to work on bring back old post process for urp. Btw they remove eye adaptation and ambient occlusion.... Key and main features to build nice render.

Error is fake its because engine first load terrain then trees and fill gaps during aset import. Seams it start when unity add async asset import. Nothing is missed there.

Please also fallow readme about shadow distance etc and asset config at urp. Check if camera have use post procesing checkbox turned on.

I personaly feel that urp is not ready to use at all. Lw rp was cool and fast urp is lack of features and full of missed features

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Mark_01 and OfficialHermie like this.
  9. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Using the meadow environment with hdrp and Unity 2019.3.5f1, I get the following error.
    Unity displayed a message, saying that I should report a bug using the bug reporter, which is what I did.
    This is not something that YOU have to handle, right?
    hdrp1.jpg

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

We found that doesnt break anything.
    We test build etc and everything is ok. Normaly error break builds but yhis doesnt affect anything.
    Shader at shader graph didnt throw error. When we generate code and put into shader file it throw it. Ignore it, it doesnt affect anything. What engine version you use?

11. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

This is Meadow Environment on Unity 2019.3.6f1, HDRP 7.1.8.

Can you have a look? Is that really what is should look like?

bug1.png overview.png 2.png

Edit:
    I got it resolved, I forgot to put your shaders in the HDRender asset.
    Here is what it looks with the correct shaders:
    fix1.png

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  12. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Here is something which doesn't look right to me:

You can have a look at the bright brim on the edges? I have seen this in a different asset by another publisher, and it was a bug.

That is why I thought I'd ask.

outline.png

13. jh092

jh092

Hi there, I recently purchased Dynamic Nature - Starter and have a question. If I turn on "Enable GPU Instancing" flag on my material using the Terrain Snow Cover Base shader all my objects disappear. Is there a way to use this option or is there something specific I need to do?

many thanks, John.

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Keeper of the NatureManufacture forest. Though Shalt Not Pass! :D

keeper.jpg

15. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No it's not a bug, it's sss. It pass light at the edges more then in the middle.
    Not sure if it works on instanced at last engine version. We test that at 2018.3 last time. What version you actualy use? I will check.
    Looks so lovely:)

16. jh092

jh092

Hi and thanks for looking into the Enable GPU Instancing. My version is 2019.2.19f1

unityunity