Search Unity

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No idea, never saw such thing. try at clean project and import pack directly from store. All my assets use same tech and didnt get such issue from any user yet so this could be rather related to project.

2. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

4. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

Yes, the resource file in the standalone build.

5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Good to know:)

6. SSL7

SSL7

Could you please update the Starter Pack with VS seasons prefabs? So they support global snow of VegetationStudio Pro. :)

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

They support I think from 2017.0 unity but the latest version for 2018.3 is the best and cleaned alot.

8. SSL7

SSL7

I use 2018.3 :) but on VS Prefabs we only have automn and normal, no _Seasons prefab so it has the global snow of VS Pro (like mountain trees package)

9. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's because vs doesnt have season slider. There will be also problems with billboards.

10. SSL7

SSL7

hmmm, but isn't this how the Mountain Trees package works? and I bought it and works fine

11. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Because i build snow shading with Lennart for billboards. We didnt add seasoning yet.

12. photonic

photonic

Hello @NatureManufacture,
    I am using World Streamer with CTS and VS Pro for the huge world in our game.
    In your experience - is it more performant to use mesh terrains for LOD1 / LOD2 ring streaming
    or can I use low resolution Unity terrains in 2018.3?

Thank you, your input would be much appreciated.

13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I didnt made new tsts yet. Btw you wrote in wrong thread:)

14. photonic

photonic

Thanks and sorry, had multiple threads open ;-)

15. CRUMVIII

CRUMVIII

Any chance you'll be making another video on how to set this up on newer versions of Unity?

Been trying to use this asset recently but honestly super loss at the moment.

Also, how do you set the post processing on? I was looking at your example levels supplied with the asset and while the ice ones look great, the grassy ones don't look anything like the videos or images. So my guess is a post processing issue. (probably on my end too)

Edit: Nevermind about the post processing part. I figured that out.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  16. alistairhgrant

alistairhgrant

Hello,
    I am having trouble with placing grass/herb details using the terrain detail mesh painting placement, it places grass/herbs but in the wrong season (I am wanting winter snow covered).

When I drop a prefab detail mesh straight from the folder and onto the terrain individually they are snow covered.

If you look at the image provided the terrain detail mesh placed ones are on the right.

Any help would be amazing because I swear a few weeks ago when i started this project this was working fine and now is not!

EDIT: and just tried doing the tree paint placement by adding the herb prefab as a tree mesh in the terrain options and they come out in winter. only issue is that on steep slopes they are not very accurate with how they attach to floor compared to grass paint, also the density doesnt work so well.

upload_2019-4-24_17-11-18.png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

To cover grass with unity terrain grass system we used other script. Check our demo and snow manager.

18. Shadowing

Shadowing

I own most your assets. Huge fan.

I haven't looked to much into this Frozen land pack. even though I do own it. but I was wondering. idk if this would need to be a separate asset or add it to this one idk.
    Be cool if you made a asset for frozen ice broken up being floated down the river.
    So i guess like your lava asset but ice. all different size chunks of ice etc.. Maybe even some ice bergs to throw in there.

19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You can do this with ram 2019 and its physics:)

JBR-games likes this.
  20. wangjiangang

wangjiangang

21. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Nope. It is asset itself.

22. Rowlan

Rowlan

With all the recent awesome updates i had to examine your assets in more detail and thought why not go on a more or less microcosm level. When you drive over your terrains or run over them, you don't notice it the same way. I'm even more impressed now by the most awesome quality of your assets. Can't wait for your next ones :)

Here's a video:

and some stills:

b.jpg
    hdrp.jpg

Lars-Steenhoff and JBR-games like this.
  23. Nathan1258

Nathan1258

Hello, I'm about to buy one of your packs and I'm just wondering whether it'll work on Unity 2019.2.3 with HDRP 6.9.0?

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In upcomming week.

Rowlan likes this.
  25. unity_Lv09uB7WGa11jw

unity_Lv09uB7WGa11jw

Unity Technologies

Great assets!
    Wonder how to make custom tree and grass working with wind?Any tutorial or documents?

dan_wipf likes this.
  26. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Non colors are need, only vertex alpha on leaves :) It's super simple rest is handled by our tech.

27. Rowlan

Rowlan

28. Rowlan

Rowlan

29. DropNodes

DropNodes

Downloaded the latest version of the Starter pack, but all rocks seem to not work with VS Pro (tried instanced and instanced indirect). Could you please help me on this? @NatureManufacture

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Their scale probably could be wrong. Rescale mesh (not prefab)

31. creat327

creat327

I love this asset but so slow for mobile. Any chance to get something running on a 2015 android?

32. DropNodes

DropNodes

ah yeah that was it, it needed much more scaling

33. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

@NatureManufacture Is it possible to get rain/wet effect on these shaders without owning RAM?

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I hold very good fps at samsung s6 which is pretty old. It's 2019, samsung s6 is from 2015.

35. creat327

creat327

well, my test is a samsung s6 too and it runs at 15 fps. And although the Samsung S6 is from 2015, it was the highest end mobile from 2015. The average android user is slower than that.

36. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Please:
    - change max texture resolution from 4k into 1k, andoid doesnt need more then 1k
    - drop mt_ao_sm textures and set mt= 02, ao =1 and sm =0.2 values
    - use last lods, simply drop lod0 in most cases.
    Dont expect that standalone setup will work out of the box with mobiles:) you have to reduce few things by setup:)

37. creat327

creat327

what test scene are you using for that? I did all those settings and still running slow. What fps do you get on your samsung s6?

38. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Just custom scenes as unity terrain is not suitable for mobiles. It's rather replaced by low poly meshes.

39. creat327

creat327

can you share the apk please? No matter what I do the speed is not fast enough

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

I would have to build new for test.

41. Rowlan

Rowlan

Using Meadow Environment in Standard Pipeline. It's still my favorite Environment Asset :)

r6.jpg
    r7.jpg
    r8.jpg

42. zelmund

zelmund

have a problem with import in 2019.3
    almost all pink

Shader error in 'NatureManufacture Shaders/Road/Standard_Metallic_Road_Transparent': failed to open source file: 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.lightweight/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl' at line 95 (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS _MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS_CASCADE _SHADOWS_SOFT _USESECONDROADALPHA_ON
    Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING

43. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    If you use urp or hd rp you must wait until we release support. Im almost there all shaders done I just must setup scenes and materials again. BTW LWRP doesnt exist at 2019.3 anymore, its replaced by urp. If you have forest environment it have 100% support for urp and hd rp 2019.3 so you can simply unpack it's 7.18 hd or urp support and it will replace shaders and make it work. If not just wait few days I have hope to got all assets fixed until end of week.

Mark_01 likes this.
  44. zelmund

zelmund

i'll wait
    thx for explonation.
    btw, lwrp can be imported by Package Manager, then all trees go work. BUT its soooo lagggyyy.

so ,better i'll wait =)

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Its risky to use lwrp in 2019.3:p basicly in most cases if lw rp or hd rp version is not orginal version released with engine version it generate bugs in many places.

46. Unplug

Unplug

im unable to load dynamic tree asset into 2018 (many part doesn't load as it say it was save in higher unity version) and all material are not loading and fir load pink color. plesae help

47. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Asset support this version. What 2018 version you use?
    https://gyazo.com/b5f2613ce66ba413c39c9fba020d3759
    I saw such error but its store error that sometimes it download wrong version;/ Best way is to ask store why it happend. You also can remove downlaoded and stored file at app data and try again, maybe it will download correct one.

Mark_01 likes this.
  48. zelmund

zelmund

hello there
    is there a chanse to see URP support for shaders next week?

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In most packs yes, they already support it but dynamic nature starter and lava will take alot longer to convert.

Mark_01 likes this.
  50. Unplug

Unplug

i think it may be because i first downloaded it for 2019, then i created another project in 2018 (using hub) and maybe both version are mixed up and unity use the previously downloaded 2019 version. ill check and report back