Search Unity

[RELEASED] Dynamic Nature - shaders, models, system, textures

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jan 25, 2017.

1. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

New update is online. We also added example scene with frozen river where mesh is made by R.A.M.

List of changes is big, we sync this pack to our all assets and technology.

Version 1.5

New update for unity 2017.1+
    - lw srp support
    - added ice floe - whole foliage is MUCH faster now
    - new wind ported from hd srp
    - sync to NatureManufacture assets and compatibility
    - rebuilded trees
    - full vegetation studio support
    - HUGE trees optimisations
    - new ice shaders ice covered by snow
    - new ice shader, ice vertex painted by snow
    - new 21 stone prefabs with ice and snow on top (cool for ice lake and river borders)
    - R.A.M spline example as frozen river
    - post process stack file added
    - fixed, speed up and upgraded terrain shaders
    - cleaned and optimised all shaders
    - fixed normals on foliage
    - reduced numbers of poligons on trees
    - reduced numbers of materials on trees
    - fixes on leaves textures
    - new crosses which works with wind - new lower price
    - seasonal trees contain crosses etc
    - optimised and upgraded shaders

Frozen River Demo_1.jpg Frozen River Demo_2.jpg

2. cloverme

cloverme

Are the mountain trees supposed to respond to wind? If so, I'm having an issue using the Mountain Trees prefabs for Vegetation Studio. As an example, if I drop Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack\Third Party Asset Support\Vegetation Studio Unity 2017\VS_Prefabs\VS_Fir_03_Medium.prefab into the "tree" slot in VS, all the trees spawn correctly but don't react to a wind zone.

3. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Drag and drop wind prefab into scene.

In vegetation studio pro vs have my wind integrated inside. Also shaders have integrated ui.

4. SSL7

SSL7

Just bought your package, and even though Trees work fine with Instanced in VS, rocks doesn't seem to appear in the scene. Any idea what might be wrong? Also I m using CTS Weather Manager which handles the snow/rain of Unistorm, and the Snow slider works fine, when I add the snow Manager of Dynamic Nature the slider doesnt move (you mentioned it uses the same exact slider in one of your previous posts) could you elaborate how I can make it move along the CTS snow slider? thanks.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  5. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

VS create coppy of material so you have to change values and get acces to coppied material.

About stones hmm its scale problem. I will fix this soon. Just scale them up in models and scale down in prefabs. They are old models and i would say a bit unprepared.

https://gyazo.com/f4db1ba005238c296f6c70fad43bc6e4 - HD SRP:)

Tutorial with vegetation studio. Scenes, profiles, vs profiles, cts profiles are in demo files (yt movie description)

Mark_01 and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  6. netpost

netpost

Hello,

I just bought your great "Dynamic Nature Starter" asset but in unity 2018.2.2f1 all shaders show up in pink color. Would it be possible to point me to the good direction to fix this little problem.

Thank you for your help! It is appreciated.

7. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Import pack from store at this unity version.
    If you use any srp import srp version - unity package inside pack.

8. netpost

netpost

Thank you for the quick reply! I am not sure I understand... Are you saying that there is another link on the store for the Unity 2018 asset version? My apologizes but I can't see any unity package inside the asset pack.

Thanks again!

9. netpost

netpost

New update, I understand now. I created a new project and import the unity package "Unity 2018 LW SRP Dynamic Nature Starter and Ice World". But I still have pink shaders when trying to demo the "Ice and Snow demo" package for example. Perhaps I am missing something...

Thanks for your valuable input.

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you import srp library into project? From unity package manager?

11. netpost

netpost

Yes I did, from the unity manager. I also upgraded all the materials in the asset folder to lightweight materials.

Thank you!

12. GUE12

GUE12

Hi,Why I cannot use in unity2018.2.1f.Should I setting something?
    All shader connot use.I already import lightweight. using version 3.0.0

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you import lw srp pack version ? Unity package with all setup and shaders is inside the pack.

14. JBR-games

JBR-games

Hi, Great looking Asset pack! I already own .. Gaia, C.T.S., R.A.M, & World Streamer, (Picking Up Vegetation Studio soon). Looking to pick up some more dynamic Nature packs so my question, Is this a Combination of a few pieces of several other asset packs like (Mountain Trees -Dynamic, Advanced Rock Pack, Advanced Foliage ,CTS shaders, Ice Worlds) or a separate pack with its own unique Assets ?

syscrusher likes this.
  15. GUE12

GUE12

I import "Unity 2018 LW SRP - Ice World" still cannot use.The shader is pink.

16. GUE12

GUE12

I didn't see VertexPainter either

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

You have ice world or dynamic nature starter?
    If dynamic nature starter there is dynamic nature starter lw srp file too.

Do you have any compile errors ( not from shaders) this will block compiling editor script - vertex painter.

Also please pass few screens from console scene and in lw srp imported packs from pack manager.

18. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

All this assets use same shaders - they co-work. So you will not get huge shaders mess. Assets are different (only ice world is lite version of dynamic nature starter).

syscrusher and JBR-games like this.
  19. GUE12

GUE12

Screen Image:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dKcTwcoet-2jnijysx9xLQ8t4jdfKy1F/view?usp=sharing

20. GUE12

GUE12

Screen Image2:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sZmLkvkxQ_QaLLoTtWd0MRixQtWsWe7K/view?usp=sharing

21. GUE12

GUE12

I input "dynamic nature starter lw srp "+."Unity 2018 LW SRP - Ice World" .But still fail.

22. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Editor view screen please because this few errors is nothing related to srp or any shader. Just 1 terrain texture doesnt exist/is not attached at scene which you open.

Ok I see you got still pink there but... When you import lw srp pack which contain scene data. Did you also import and refresh scene? Some data is saved at scene and lw srp have own setup for it.

Also you dont have srp core pack downloaded in project. This shoudnt affect situation but could... Depends on engine version.

23. netpost

netpost

I have the same pink shaders problem here (posted here Saturday). It's still doesn't work. :)

24. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you do all things which I mention here?
    - unity 2018.1+
    - lw srp from package manager ( latest)
    - srp core ( not for sure)
    - imported my lw srp packs inside folder
    - you have to allow to replace files by unity package because it will replace shaders scenes and prefabs.
    - turn off and on unity ( lw srp sometimes must recompile again)

If any shaders have error send me screen with it.

25. netpost

netpost

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes to all your questions except "turn off and on unity". I don't know how to do that. I was planning to send you the screenshots of the shader problem but I decided to download the whole asset again from the store and it solved the problem. I think that what happened is when I loded the demo first I did not chose the LW shader one so it loaded the wrong shaders and after that the only way to get the lw shaders was to dowlnoad the asset it again. Perhaps there is a better way to do it so please let me know if there is. :)

Thanks again, this seems like a really great asset.

NatureManufacture likes this.
  26. wood333

wood333

Do the mountain trees have movement under ordinary Unity wind component? I am using 5.6.5

27. syscrusher

syscrusher

Good morning, @NatureManufacture. I was wondering if there is an available Venn diagram, or equivalent, showing which of your art assets contain which components? I was thinking of buying the Dynamic Nature asset, but I'm not clear on what it contains versus what is in your other assets such as Mountain Trees, Mountain Trees Dynamic, Ice World, Winter Ground, and the two Landscape Ground packs. I already have R.A.M. and L.V.E. but none of your art. It would be helpful to know that "if you buy _____ asset, that already includes everything in _____" so I don't risk duplication. Thanks!

28. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

New wind is from unity 2017+
    Note for start:
    We use same shaders in many asset to don't create mess in your project. This also means if we make an update in shader -all assets gain it. So all assets are always up to date to current unity and our technology.

About assets:
    Non of assets are overlaping beside ice world which is lite version of dynamic nature. Anyway they co-op smoothly as we mention upper.
    1. Ice world contain ice shaders and textures
    2. Dynamic Nature contain dynamic seasoing assets with trees, rocks, ground textures etc. It's also extended version of Ice world? Why ? Because Ice is part of seasoning
    3. Mountain Trees -Dynamic Nature - fir trees based on dynamic nature shading
    4. Winter Ground Pack -pack of winter ground textures
    5. Landscape ground Packs - 2 packs for ground terrain.This 2 assets have group of different ground textures.
    6. Mountain Trees are old trees for unoity 5.5, 5.6 and even lower. They also are very optimal but rather used by mobile developers. They are based on unity tree creator - very old system but still work
    7. Realistic tree pack - same as 6).
    As you see we have many assets, sometimes but rare few files are shared between assets like snow texture etc which avoid asset mess, nobody wants have 6 snow textures to cover the trees grass etc. In most cases 1 texture for all packs are ok, as it's only cover. It's not smart to use so much memory and gpu to put different snow texture at each pack/model

We really care about performance, soon we will finish few projects so you will be able to see how powerfull our assets are and how epic performance could be achived with them.

syscrusher likes this.
  29. syscrusher

syscrusher

Thank you for the reply! That is very helpful.

30. wwg

wwg

@NatureManufacture
    I own a RAM, Advanced Rocks, Mountain Trees Dynamic, Mountain Trees, and both Landscape Ground Packs. They are great assets and I have not seen any overlap with any of those, but I've been wondering about Advanced Foliage Pack and Dynamic Nature. For example, they both contain stumps, and rocks, and grass. Advanced Foliage wasn't listed above...are any of those items duplicates?

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  31. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

All stuff is different - I just mention only stuff that he ask:)

To be honest If you have most of my assets you have big library thats all. Its good to chose and have option to chose from big library. Every scene is different and sometimes you will use flower. ground texture from this or that pack. Thats why we use same shaders too. You have big synced library of assets which co-op. We keep everything in order.

Ok you all deserved for small sneak peak:)

First 3 are billboards, then we have cross and 3d model. We build own custom hardware to scan it, We lose 3 months on electric construction but:
    foliage1.png
    image2.png

This new pack is 100% scanned, optimised and almost finished it will contain:
    - big set of trees
    - big set of grass and flowers
    - big set of rocks (small rocks are 360 degree)
    - set of cliffs
    - set of stumps
    - set of ground textures
    - epic demo scene
    - LW,HD,2018,2017 unity support (you need unity 5.6?)
    - VS and VS PRO profiles
    - CTS profiles
    - Gaia Profile
    and much much more....

32. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

How would I use this package with VS Pro?

33. thunderdawn

thunderdawn

Hi, I wasn't sure where to ask this question but this seemed like the best thread, which asset corresponds with the swamp demo scene?

I'm currently loving Mountain Trees Dynamic Nature with Advanced Foliage and Rocks for a forest scene, so I wanted to keep building the same library (the same shaders everywhere is a huge plus too! thanks for taking care of that) for other nature scenes I plan to do.

34. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Im unable to get the rocks to show in vegetation studio pro. Is there a specific shader? I tried all the different types but non show using instance or instanced indirect. (Using Dynamic nature starter pack) unity 2018.15.

35. zeb33

zeb33

have installed asset twice but cannot get demos to work, there is a missing script on cameras. could this be the issue and what script should it be? Am not using SRP (yet)

unity2018.2.16f1
    dynamic nature 1.5.8
    vs pro, cts, ram

36. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

Hello
    I bought this asset, but some shaders in demo scenes do not work. These are mainly large stones and small pebbles.
    Errors:
    upload_2018-12-11_19-5-21.png
    2018.2.17.f1 (x64), without SRP (old)
    The project contains only Amplify Shader editor.
    At attempt of repeated import only some .fbx were updated
    (Ice world demo work without problems)
    I tried to restart the editor.
    upload_2018-12-11_19-5-39.png

37. Elfinnik159

Elfinnik159

If you encounter the same problem:
    This asset replaces the Amplify Shader Editor shader when imported. Move it to the folder to the rest of the shaders of this asset.

38. jakejolli

jakejolli

Hey there,

I've had a bit of trouble getting the grass to show snow accumulation in a few projects. Everything works fine with the trees, but the 'Snow Amount Grass' slider doesn't do anything, even when 'Snow Amount Grass Max' is full.

I'm also working with Enviro, CTS and Gaia, but I imported Dynamic Nature last, and even tried re-importing the entire package.

Thanks

Unity 2018.2.17f1

39. wood333

wood333

Unity 5.6.6 yes

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi
    There is grass shader which will replace unity terrain grass shading. Do you have it in resources?

Btw with most issues we can help at our discord: https://discord.gg/q9xh6QX
    You get help there very fast.

Unity forum sometimes doesn't sent me info that I got new post here;/

Mark_01 likes this.
  41. JakeJollimore

JakeJollimore

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm at work right now and Discord is blocked...
    What's the name of the shader I should be looking for?

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

In resources folder you got:
    WavingGrass and WavingGrassBillboard This 2 shaders replace orginal unity terrain grass shaders and add snow feature

Mark_01 likes this.
  43. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

Hi @NatureManufacture, Are the snow shaders working with VS_Pro on all the grasses and trees? If so how would a I reference the snow level to make it change form my weather snow level? FOr example I use this to make the terrain reflect the snow level from unistorm.

rtp.GetComponent<ReliefTerrain>().globalSettingsHolder._snow_strength = Shader.GetGlobalFloat("_SnowStrength");
    I would like the vegetation to match. Thanks Andy

EDIT:- I fixed this but leaving here in case anyone else forgets to refresh prefab on VS_Pro if you change shader from standard to standard_Snow etc......

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  44. RockingGameDeveloper

RockingGameDeveloper

How do I fix my shaders and material? This is what my game looks like at the moment.

Attached Files:

45. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Seams they didnt compile or textures are missed.
    a) reimport pack from store
    b) go to shaders and click right button on shaders and chose reimport.
    Do you have any errors in console? Somtimes they could block shader compilation

46. Puraple

Puraple

hello,Do you need other dependent unitypackage to use Unity2017.4.16 to import the latest unitypackage? Thanks!

47. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

No, just import it in your current engine version.

48. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

Hi, I have been using the Advanced foliage pack 1, and the mountain tree assets without issues for months, but now I have a weird shader issue (I think) but only in build, everything work fine in the editor.
    Here is a build screenshot:
    https://gyazo.com/f3ef1bf0700a08f7aa30f84b6c45af20

Using unity 2018.3.5f1, single pass, realtime GI and forward rendering (VR project).
    (Windows 10 gtx 1060)

Thanks

49. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you try in clean project? You got last updates for latest engine versions?

Mark_01 likes this.
  50. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

Hi, thanks for this quick answer.
    I will try on a clean project, what did you mean by latest engine version ?
    The latest unity version is 2018.3.10f1 I have 2018.3.5f1, you think I should update unity ?
    I dont use scripted pipeline renderer.
    Did you think it's a shader issue or a lighting issue ?
    In the editor everything is working fine, that's weird.